Topic Stats

• 1,596 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 minutes ago by JoshPA
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 498 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2502 (resized).jpg
IMG_2473 (resized).jpg
IMG_2466 (resized).jpg
IMG_2469 (resized).jpg
IMG_2460 (resized).jpg
newpin (resized).jpg
oldpin (resized).jpg
D3443E07-368A-48DA-AD6A-9FFF88E566F5 (resized).jpeg
4284A3B2-A1C1-43F5-85F4-C86EE713B0A4 (resized).jpeg
2356CD73-852B-4A95-A64F-54D77630FE41 (resized).jpeg
20190518_175109 (resized).jpg
20190518_175047 (resized).jpg
20190518_175055 (resized).jpg
20190516_203306 (resized).jpg
20190516_203316 (resized).jpg
IMG_2432 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (8 months ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (8 months ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (8 months ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (7 months ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (7 months ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 months ago

Seawitch in decent shape went for $2800 on eBay last week over on the east coast. Star Gazers seem cheaper to build than to buy nowadays. Quicksilvers...they just don't come up. I passed on buying just a complete playfield a few years ago for like $900ish and regret it, another pinsider did get it though and I believe was able to get a working game out of it.

#101 8 months ago

Don't leave out Dragonfist from this rare Stern discussion now.

#188 8 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I've heard about "alternate ROMs" for Dragonfist, Iron Maiden, NB. Would love to find where to get them.

Different from the roms on IPDB for Dragonfist?

3 weeks later
#381 7 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

picked up a few project sterns this past weekend. Not looking to sell anything at this point. Just thought I would share pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If there were any extra just Stern aprons out there I still need one for my Star Gazer project unless you are making those in the near future!

#383 7 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I would love to make Stern aprons. Looks like mitch needs a correct one for a quicksilver. Looks like he's got a meteor in there.
Trouble is, there are decals available for these. So, people usually paint/apply and call it good. This has kept my requests for repros low.
I think I have enough hands raised to justify metal tooling. I'll talk to merfeldma again to see if this can happen.

I have your Fathom and centaur and would love to continue to support your efforts.

#407 7 months ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

So just as tough of the rest of those. Any idea on Split Second?

I love split second. I think it is fun to shoot and hard to earn the multiball.

#419 7 months ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Of all the times I've screwed around with PAPA's Split Second I never figured out the multi ball. New goal for the PPO in two weeks.

I probably played 75-100 games on it during Pinburgh this year. I started the multiball twice. One time the two ball and another time the 3 ball.

1 week later
#501 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, the ball is 1 1/16" diameter. Wire ball guides are elevated 1/2". I think there is room to make a 1/2"-5/8" high ramp and not cause conflict with the glass. The ramp would need to be long enough to make a gradual climb and not shoot the ball into the glass.
My plate is full until I return from Ft. Worth on Nov. 5th. When I get back I can carve one up from a piece of wood and try it out. If it works, one could be made of a block of dark blue acrylic and located with a couple of screws and removed so it would not be permanent. There are lots of possibilities here.
Here is the reply I got from a Stern tech support guy.
" Parts are available for all new games unless the part is only used on a limited edition game. As far as I know this game has not been announced."

Interesting to not the shot back into the shooter lane looks like it will just fall back out on The Beatles due to the one way gat that is there.

2 weeks later
#572 6 months ago

A bit of troubleshooting help...

I bought brand new flipper mechs for my Dragonfist from Pinball Life. I installed the right side last night. I moved the wires over 1 by 1 from the old mech to the new mech. I realized quickly that the flipper was getting weaker. Lifted the playfield and found the coil was hot. Shut game off, let it cool a few minutes. Double checked the EOS switches and all my soldering connections, seemed okay. Tried playing again, this time each time I flipped the right side the lights in the game flickered and after about 4-5 flips the game just shut off completely. Now it won't do anything. No LED comes on at all with the MPU, nothing happens at all on the game at the moment.

Any ideas what just happened?

#582 6 months ago

So it was the furthest fuse to the right on the rectifier board, it tested okay but swapping it out made the game come back to life. My right flipper is still causing the lights to flicker, I only gave it 2 flips this time before shutting it off. I double checked my wiring from the original and its definitely correct. I tried swapping the EOS wires and no change. I replaced the diodes on the coil itself (the coil is brand new from Pinball Life), any other ideas?

#585 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Good question. I got a defective coil from PBR one time. Maybe the coil is defective.

I'll give it a shot after school and see what happens.

#590 6 months ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Solid advice. It could be stuck in high voltage and is just toasting everything.

Yeah I don't set the EOS until the flipper is installed, but good to double check it.

1 month later
#704 5 months ago

Just replaced my rectifier board in Dragonfist last night too haha.

#706 5 months ago

Haha I've got the shot down pretty well on mine, gets a nice 40-50 spins most shots. I mean I certainly don't hit it every time, but definitely every game, the hard part is getting that spinner value raised to really make it worth it.

#712 5 months ago
Quoted from statictrance:

The guy that makes them is a friend of mine and his direct website is below. it was funny - I posted here for a solution, someone said "hey go here" and as soon as I saw the site I had a real "hey, I know that guy" moment.
Anyway... there are a number of boards to help alleviate the old and failing stern bulb holders. He mentioned he may do Split Second if the demand is there (and since I have one he can do the measurements and prototyping on). Not sure it makes sense since they are just individual sockets and can easily be replaced.
https://pinballreplacementparts.com/collections/all?page=3

I'm getting a split second and would buy one.

I also need one for dragonfist to be made, it is a straight piece should be pretty easy but man my bulbs/sockets are annoying me on that part.

2 weeks later
#744 5 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Christmas eve meteor repinning.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought I was the only one who sat on games like that!

2 weeks later
#814 4 months ago

If you guys haven't seen Weebly now has an all in one board similar to Altek and cheaper. A friend just informed me yesterday, check it out!
https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html
https://nvram.weebly.com/uploads/5/4/2/5/54255141/mpu_combo_info-12.01.18.pdf

#820 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm going to be needing some boards in near future.
The Weebly products look interesting and pricing is more friendly. And I know barakandi is a pinsider.
Alltek boards have the lifetime guarantee. Does that lifetime guarantee make the Alltek products worth the extra money?
What kind of warranty do the Weebly products have?

Don't know about guarantee but weebly has been incredibly helpful with support via PM or email any time I have used his products. Faster response than any other pinball product or company I have dealt with.

1 month later
#1084 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was thinking about it this some more. How would you setup the SS versions of Hot Tip, or Grand Prix? How about the EM version of Mata Hari?

I stick hard and fast to the 3 ball SS, 5 ball EM mantra.

1 week later
#1201 81 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

All are now SOLD

Whoever bought the big game I may have a playfield for you. Feel free to reach out.

#1231 80 days ago

Split Second has plastic as does Dragonfist.

1 week later
#1298 72 days ago

If anyone else out there with a Split Second could help me by taking some detailed photos of your 4 connectors that go to the MPU I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

1 week later
#1342 64 days ago

TPF score of the day

5E58EFCC-BF05-459E-AA4D-2F726D6E2F57 (resized).jpeg
#1348 63 days ago

Got the two sets for $20 and a third spare ring Included

3 weeks later
#1452 41 days ago

Now that is a sweet find!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Vacaville, CALIFORNIA
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Calgary, AB
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Branford, CT
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside