Topic Stats

• 2,426 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 728 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2346 (resized).JPG
IMG_6154 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191027_184835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
IMG_2264 (resized).JPG
IMG_2230 (resized).JPG
IMG_2234 (resized).JPG
IMG_2231 (resized).JPG
IMG_2232 (resized).JPG
20191021_162604.jpg
IMG_20191019_134829986 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_20191020_174420 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (1 year ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (1 year ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (8 months ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 1 year ago

Meteor is 10000% worth picking up. It's not as pricey as the others, but I have one and it's def not moving. Lots of drops, sweet spinner.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I have a decent Big Game, boards are fully rebuilt, everything works perfectly, BG has minor cracking near the bottom. Recent flipper rebuilds. PF has some light wear but is almost entirely intact (swirl marks). Plays awesome.
Any idea of the current market value?

I'll start the bidding at 1kCAN.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I am a firm believer that your opinion of a game is in response to the exact tables that you have played over the years. The newer the machine (of the same title), the more similar one plays to to another.
So, these early solid state games have a MUCH wider gap of how one title of the same name plays to the next. I think that is one reason people seem to have such strong opinions of older machines. The older the machine, the wider the opinion gap.
Possibly it would only take one single experience on a Star Gazer or Quicksilver to change my mind. I have played two examples of each for a very extended time (many multiplayer games for hours) to learn to detailed rules of each table. I have decided that neither are worth owning. I suppose I could change my mind but that is probably just as likely as someone who does not like Fathom, playing a different example of it and changing their mind on the spot, erasing all the negative playing experiences in the past 15 years.
Truth be told, my favorite Bally game is my Mr/MS Pac-man. Every other single Mr/Ms I have ever played was absolute crap. Lamps/switches not working, flippers not aligned, ect. Yeah, I know. Flame away.
Back on topic, I don't think you could buy a decent Seawitch for less than 2500 these days. The other two are basically impossible to price since it's a sellers market on those 2 titles. Could you buy one for 3K... maybe a beater. 5K gives you a better chance at them but you can't buy one for 5K if you can't find one for sale. A few have been "built" from parts or populated PF's. That's seems to be the way to go if you are on a budget.

I stopped reading when you said the best Bally game is Pacman hahahahah

3 months later
#874 10 months ago

Was playing some Meteor tonight and had a thought. I wonder if it would somehow be possible to save 4 high scores instead of just one. Anyone ever seen the code edited to do something like that? One score for each of the 4 displays.....

1 month later
#1043 8 months ago
Quoted from kickabit:

Today I saw CPR has started selling the backglass for Meteor.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/meteor-glass/

Crap I really want one for mine, but after shipping I'm probably looking at 500Canadian.....

#1046 8 months ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Closer to $400. Just ordered one. I've got an 8/10 that I'd sell that just needs minor touch-up in solid coloured areas but I'm terrified of shipping glass.

Damn it, I should just get it...it might look too nice for my "players" condition game though haha

6 months later
#2178 64 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone done any maintenance on sound boards? In my meteor and quicksilver when the game is turned on there is a drone noise that never stops. Doesn't do it on my Nine Ball. Wondering if I can fix it? Start a game and the sound is gone.

I own Meteor, the drone never goes away. It's supposed to be there. It gets higher and higher pitched the more you score. It can't be shut off, that I am aware of.

#2180 64 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no. This is when you turn the machine on. Nobody playing. When I start the game, yes I get the sounds of the game, but when the game is over the machine is silent.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morris Plains, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside