Topic Stats

• 2,517 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Whridlsoncestood
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 759 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

01A9627B-639F-451E-8679-DDCAC3303E29 (resized).jpeg
3a7f7a51f7a58af3983dde1bc6cd8c14acf8e592 (resized).jpg
20191128_104227 (resized).jpg
20191128_104238 (resized).jpg
image-7 (resized).jpg
83EEEB37-50BE-432E-A1B7-657F048C0C22 (resized).jpeg
20191128_095507 (resized).jpg
20191128_095514 (resized).jpg
ali2 (resized).jpg
70B1727D-4316-460E-9C1F-621C98998E23 (resized).jpeg
DA8952FD-A3A5-4CBD-B6AE-2F42FDC15A3B (resized).jpeg
64F25338-AC21-4F9E-83EE-9EBB08B21C27 (resized).jpeg
E33F21EF-460C-4D41-A9DA-BB3E310C69F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191124_200751 (resized).jpg
DD85D6AB-6033-4A98-BB7F-3984BFA3B131 (resized).jpeg
658DA1BE-EC41-42E2-8827-D9C56FBB72D8.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (1 year ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (1 year ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (9 months ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#687 12 months ago

Has anyone had contact with BGresto, My Magic backglass looks like ass and I could really use a decent one.

#691 12 months ago

Maybe he is on Vacation or something although it's been a couple of weeks now. . Definitely prefer a new one if possible.

#696 12 months ago
Quoted from supermoot:

You know whats better than lectronimo?
Several lectroniomo's.

nice to have a second one for reference when restoring. Sometimes pictures are worth 999 words but its the one missing word that you really need.

#708 12 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not usually a fan of replacing things to Classics but goddamn those OG metal light boards are the worst design ever. Got some ready to install in my Meteor and nine ball.

My meteor metal light board is frustrating with a lamp going out here and there .....but you just touch them and the light comes back only to go out again after a few games. I getting desperate enough to install 27 sockets in its place. Are there replacements for these?

#719 11 months ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Anyone happen to know the spring length (at rest) of the longer drop target springs (unobtanium part 5A-171) used on most early Stern drop target banks. Wanting to grab the correct Bally replacement. I *think* they are 1.5" long, but have nothing but Internet material to base that off of.

I bought some springs from Action Pinball for my Meteor, works good.

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=5A-171

2 weeks later
#747 11 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Well added 2 more to my collection
Picked up a wild fyre and galaxy.

Where did you score the Galaxy? Not that project from Woodbridge I hope.

#755 11 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Well the galaxy I purchased will be sitting for awhile before I get around to it so I figured I would tackle the mpu alkaline damage before I store it.
Game booted up and played when I bought it so I figured the damage cant be that bad. Boy was I wrong. Battery was actually leaking liquid alkaline onto the lamp board.
I removed the mpu, clipped the battery then rinsed in acid toilet bowl cleaner while scrubbing the damage.
Then a rinse in 99% isopropyl alcohol and a blow dry with my compressor and air gun.
Next remove all damaged components and all headers, then refloat solder on any bare copper.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And the seller said that everything was in great shape. Good thing he didn't get his asking price.

1 week later
#843 10 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Great Pinball Limited, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Classic Stern Glass 2019 Sales each glass title: Price on Ebay is $300 US + $50 US shipping USA. Private sales are $250 US + $50 US shipping.
If you are a previous customer of backglass (Star Gazer, Seawitch, Nineball, Catacomb, Lightning, & Iron Maiden)  or playfield (Star Gazer & Seawitch). $225  US + $50 US shipping. On the honor system of backglass made by Great Pinball. Can be purchased in the past from me (Great Pinball), Ebay, Marco Specialties, or with a private seller (can be with a pinball machine sale, or part sale).
If you order 2 or 3 Stern backglass in the same box. You can get a further $25 US off the cost of all backglass. Shipping total will remain at $50 US per box, & I will absorb the rest. 
Paypal: johngreatwich@outlook.com
Please include your phone number & email with paypal. Along with the glass title. If this info is missing I will contact you, as it is needed for UPS Standard ground shipping. 
Glass is shipped in custom manufactured double cardboard walled box. Has honeycomb cardboard spacers. Glass is wrapped in in paper for protection! Edge strap guards are taped to corners of outside box. Glass damage by UPS is around 3%, & I self insure my glass. Any problems contact me: johngreatwich@outlook.com or phone 902-402-7188 cell. If I need to contact you by phone: 902-457-1399 home
Glass is tempered with **NO LOGO**. Manufactured by Canadian Glass Manufacturer. 3mm x 25.5" x 28.5" 
http://www.vitroglazings.com/en-US/Glass/Architectural-Glasses.aspx
Glass has been printed (hundreds) by Atlantic Digital Reproductions. They also do my playfields. Glass is hit double pass for color & white, Single hit (pass) for gray blocking. Example ink head prints & uv cures: color, color, white, white, & gray. Commercial UV inkjet production on flatbed printer (OCE).
 http://www.atlanticdigital.ca/
Thanks for your purchase! 

John please make Magic Backglasses. There are so many of us that desperately need them.

#861 10 months ago

Beautiful games, you should keep them and sell me your Flight 2000 instead.

2 weeks later
#943 10 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I sell hardly any glass. Lightning must of been a good production run.

Still hoping for a Magic backglass. Mine looks like ass, and not the nice kind.

#949 10 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Look what followed me home. DAMMIT!!! I keep trying to make room and they keep following me home lol.

Those projects keep piling up. I estimate if you start now, you would be finished in 10 years.

#953 10 months ago

I'm not a pro but i made up some graphics for a waterslide you are welcome to. Just paint the section over with the various colors, I recommend a good thick oil based cabinet paint like corrostop or even a rustoleum, then cut out waterslides and lay on top. Give it a shot or two of clear and you are good to go.

Dracula waterslide (resized).png
1 month later
#1306 8 months ago

Anyone know how to remove the white start button off the coin door? Its not a standard c-clip

#1338 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You pry that starlock washer off. Some times you will be able to save it. Sometimes it gets wasted during removal. So you will need an assortment. It looks like the only sizes you can buy are metrics. You probably should mic your button diameter before you destroy it. OTOH, I pried off 2 to repaint coin doors and they went back on OK.
ebay.com link
amazon.com link ยป

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

2 weeks later
#1412 8 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Finishing up mine...

This was before the final sanding and coats

Magic has one of the nicest art of any MPU100 game. I completely repainted my playfield to bring out that beuaty.

Magic playfield (resized).jpg
7 months later
#2466 13 days ago

Anyone know where I can buy a spinner leaf switch for a Flight 2000?

#2468 13 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Send me a pm. I have lots of classic stern parts from a half dozen populated playfields I stripped.

nice

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside