Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg
DSCN9287 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-005315.png
EA70E31E-2F5E-4442-AD6A-52E3EE9F0EE4 (resized).png
D1AF8715-0F73-4521-B1DA-76DB9839041D (resized).png
LM323_Voltage_Adjust (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (5 years ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (5 years ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 years ago)

Post #2587 Link to 3D printed parts available from HHaase. Posted by HHaase (4 years ago)

Post #2590 Link to 3D printed parts by Swinks, available at Shapeways. Posted by swinks (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5949 2 years ago

Out of curiosity (and ignorance) - is the reason there are no replacement Stern Electronic drop target assemblies being made by someone lack of enough buyers, or does someone hold the rights and would prevent that?

#5955 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

IMO mostly cost. Lots of investment for possibly little/no return. Any patents on the drops themselves are expired - there's no way to enforce 'rights' here (the decision on remaking car parts would apply, presumably).
If you look around there's really not replacement drop target assemblies for other brands aren't being made either.... like Bally memory drop banks. I'm surprised more people aren't building Eight Ball Deluxes from scratch for instance, or Fathoms.

I have 2 games I am debating trying my hand at scratch building: Seawitch and Stars. I have a Seawitch that I would use as my reference, and the Stars would be a musical journey. Heck, would love to do a Quicksilver too.

I have no idea what I am doing - but why the hell not. Lots of great resources around on here knowledge-wise (which is completely awesome) but am just worried about sourcing the harnesses and drop mechs.

#5966 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just dropped off a 3-bank and a 4-bank to a guy to draw up in CAD and have reproduced as well for anyone looking for entire mechs they are in the works.

I will be looking for a whole bunch…

2 months later
#6204 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Yes I tried to get one for my Seawitch and he said he was backed up 9 month.

Same… and currently not allowing people to get on a list (or at least thats what I was told.)

1 month later
#6347 2 years ago

Odd question, but anyone know how close a Wild Fyre wire harness is to Stars? I have a project Wild Fyre, and am contemplating how much I can reuse if I turn it into a Stars (ordered the CPR Stars pf).

3 weeks later
#6423 2 years ago

Sigh. Decided to try and assemble some drop assemblies from the parts currently listed on Marco. What a rookie mistake… somehow realizing only now that without the complete list of parts, these will be shiny nothings. Also, the 3 bank reset arms are reset arms for something… but not SEI 3 bank reset arms. And then there’s the things like drop top plate holes not lining up.

Also, I couldn’t help but notice that the Stern drop assemblies in every one of my Stern pins do not match their diagrams of the parts. For example, they show the switches mounted on the bottom of the assembly as opposed to a plate on back.

#6426 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The plate you need to mount the switches does not look to be available. So, you would need to locate the switches to the bottom. But if the holes are not drilled and tapped on the bottom plate you will have to go to the hardware store and buy a matched set of a drill and tap and tap the holes (hopefully you don't have to drill them.
You still need the "fingers" that lift the targets.
It is close but no cigar.
The top plate at lower right that is out of stock is required. This is an early style. A modded version of that plate could be made by a sheet metal shop but then you would need another bracket that mounts inside the drop assembly to keep the targets apart.

Those first 2 shaft/rods appear to be for a new Stern inline drop assembly, are you saying they are a part match? (these were 2 of the missing pieces, so that would be great if the case). I did get the rest of the listed pieces (minus the out of stock top-plate obviously) though the drop target top plate was the part with the misaligned holes.

I think I was just naively hoping for a “Marco has it all! I can do this!” scenario. Life isn’t always quite so easy.

I really appreciate the help!

#6429 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

These 2 "top plate" parts serve the same function, except one is a 3-bank unit. That one you could cut in half and weld or bond a piece of extension metal to make it a 5-bank. However, when you use the one on the left you also need that target separator bracket which is not shown.

That top plate on the left, is the one I ordered… I still need to call Marco about it, as the holes do not match up to the side plates (I ordered 2 and both were off by just enough to be unusable)

#6430 2 years ago

Yeah… I was a bit rambunctious ordering the parts I could find. I am already a couple hundred bucks in to the process.

2 months later
#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Scratch built Quicksilver I put out at my location yesterday.

Oddly enough, that Wild Fyre cabinet works (in a revisionist history sort of way… it feels unnatural but is hard to turn away from)

1 month later
#6959 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Meteor was my first pin, I then got two DEs and a Whitestar Stern in the same year. Love my Meteor still and really want another Stern Electronic/ 80s pin. What do you recommend I pair with it?

Stars

2 months later
#7252 1 year ago

In general I start at 6 degree pitch with classic Sterns and slowly adjust steeper if it feels like it plays better.

4 months later
#7857 1 year ago

Always been extremely curious about Catacomb, but never played one yet. Always seemed to be polarizing for some reason… which just raises my curiosity more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.00
$ 959.00
Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.