Pinside_forum_6864620_0 (resized).jpg
20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (5 years ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (5 years ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 years ago)

Post #2587 Link to 3D printed parts available from HHaase. Posted by HHaase (4 years ago)

Post #2590 Link to 3D printed parts by Swinks, available at Shapeways. Posted by swinks (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5795 2 years ago

How much would you guys pay for a non playing, but complete project condition Trident? Just wondering how much I overpaid
IMG_20211020_171426492 (resized).jpgIMG_20211020_171426492 (resized).jpgIMG_20211020_171432815 (resized).jpgIMG_20211020_171432815 (resized).jpgIMG_20211020_173933098 (resized).jpgIMG_20211020_173933098 (resized).jpg

#5798 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

no head? definitely not the most sought after game though it is fun.

Got the head, just didn't post pics. It's a complete game.

#5800 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

It's a GREAT game and does not come up very often. I think the longest-standing pin in my collection, over 20 years, and I have no plans to ever let it go. Feel like it's starting to get more attention with the arduino code update but I haven't done that since I think the original code is spot on.

I've never seen one pop up for sale, so I had to jump on it. It's unfortunate the condition wasn't as good as described, but oh well. I am VERY excited for the Arduino mod, but I've got plenty of must do's before I get to that.

#5801 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not working I would say in the 800-1000 range these days. Hopefully just a rectifier or MPU gets you up and running.

Thanks for the input. It might be something minor, but I didn't even really want to power it up untill I go through all the pinwiki initial steps.

#5805 2 years ago

Saw your post, your machine looks awesome. Redoing the cab would be a fun project in itself, but I'd have to wait for warmer weather. Maybe come spring time. For now I am going to work my way through the boards recapping / repining / etc.

2 weeks later
#5910 2 years ago

How is the lockdown bar lever supposed to function? My lever swings beyond the lock/un-lock positions and rotates a full 180deg. It looks pretty mangled, so I'm not sure if tabs are warn down, or if this was the intended operation. Thanks!

#5914 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you show some pics? Yours might be able to be repaired. Place the lockdown receiver upside down on a table. Get some pics of the handle and the piece the handle is supposed to move.

To clarify, the arm still engages the sliding portion of the receiver, and can unlock/lock. My question was, is it supposed to keep rotating until the lever hits the receiver? Or should it stop just after the lock/unlock sliding action?

#5948 2 years ago

Getting ready to do a flipper rebuild on my Trident. Does anyone have a kit and/or any part substitutions they prefer? If not, I'll be going with the pinballlife rebuild kit. And does anyone have a good source for the type 1 bushings?

And finally, does anyone have an original white bat they will part with? I need a replacement, and the bright brand new white would visually stick out too much.

4 weeks later
#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Trying to get new target banks made. Anyone who has made their own please contact me. Looking to see if people have cad files & list of parts available. Looking to see if metal can be cut locally & assembled here. Hope to see new target banks in the $100 - $200 US each.

I have the parts list / BOM for a three bank typed up in Excel. When I get in front of that computer this evening, I can upload to a Google drive. There's only a few differences between that and the 4 bank, so it should be a good starting point.

I don't have a bank available to measure/draw into cad, but will slowly chip away when I get my hands on one.

1 week later
#6140 2 years ago

It seems the Stern 3 bank drops and 4 bank drops have their "top plate" installed upside-down from each other (see attached pic). Does this mean they each (3 vs 4) require a different plastic target?

drops (resized).pngdrops (resized).png
#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

No it means the drawing is wrong.

Is the 3 bank pic the correct arrangement?

1 week later
#6180 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Dick's code adds a ton of life to Galaxy, really been enjoying it. For anyone unaware, he's done new software for a few Sterns: Stars, Meteor, Trident, and now Galaxy (as well as a few Bally's). You can put the hardware together for ~100 bucks or buy a plug-n-play kit through a couple different guys on here, it's completely reversible and you can flip a switch to go back to the original code. If you've got a game he's done an update for, highly recommend trying it out.

I have some blank pcbs on the slow boat from China if anyone wants to install this on their game. Board assembly looks very easy (headers and a resistor). PM me!

#6183 2 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Is there anyplace online or on Pinside where all the classic Stern upgrades are listed off with how-tos?
I know that the knocker should get a fuse, but not what rating, and I know there are a few other safeguards like that which are supposed to be followed on these machines, but haven't seen them compiled in one place before.

Pinwiki has all the board upgrades

2 weeks later
#6238 2 years ago

Does anyone know the correct pcb standoffs for the SB-100 (Trident if that matters)? I've ordered a few and none of them fit correctly. Thanks!

#6240 2 years ago

PL has two, M-1829-1 and M-1829-2. Unfortunately with their expensive shipping, I've been waiting until I have a larger order before trying their offerings.

#6243 2 years ago

I’ll throw a few in an envelope and send them your way tomorrow Pinash

Helping me out yet again! Thanks so much, its very appreciated!

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

More Power!
Mad_Dog_Coin_Op suggested that my pin might be set up for 115v instead of 120v and perhaps the extra 5v would help reset the target bank better/higher/faster/etc. His guess that the transformer might be wired for 115v was right! And I never noticed! I rewired it for 120v. While that didn't resolve the drop target issue, there was an unexpected benefit from doing that...the slings and pop bumper seem a bit more "peppy" now.

Does the 5v make that much difference? Around here your house voltage can be +/-5 depending how far you are from the street transformer.

3 weeks later
#6368 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have some Yoppcicles on the way to replace the flaky feature lamp sockets.

How do the classic Sterns handle LEDs in the insert lamps? Do they require any of the addon boards?

#6372 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I added the Seigecraft boards. The nice thing about Yoppcicles is that I’ll be able to remove those, since they have the resistor and LED on one board.

Keep us posted how the yopps go

#6378 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I've had this issue a few times with flipper bats.i ended up using the set screws that have points on the end so when u tighten it down it pushes the point into the shaft. works nice for older bats that have divets from over tightening over the years
[quoted image]

Great suggestion, 10-32 thread I believe.

3 weeks later
#6466 2 years ago

Well shut me up! Curious what your updates to Trident will be. I love that game and I’m not terribly interested in the 2020 code update (though I absolutely appreciate what Dick is doing with those. I think I’m just too partial to the original code. I do certainly love the burst of energy and interest they’re driving toward games like Trident).
Hoping to do a playfield swap on my Trident soon. It needs some rewiring and a full tear down before it’s playable again.

One cool thing about the 2020 code is that you can switch back and fourth pretty easy.

3 months later
#6876 1 year ago

Anyone have a 34-5050 coil in their parts bin they’d part with?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 959.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 169.00
$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch?tu=pinash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.