Topic Stats

• 2,459 posts
  • 205 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 738 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

stn-thumberplastic (resized).jpg
Classic Stern Bumper (resized).png
IMG_0493 (resized).jpg
IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
IMG_2429 (resized).JPG
catdrop (resized).jpg
20191115_210609 (resized).jpg
FAF62236-D611-4528-B536-993FAED6E33F (resized).jpeg
6AC6F0DD-2F6E-4B8C-996E-7F4E58AF68E7 (resized).jpeg
16BFC20A-F6CB-4BE7-BD74-26B9182361C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2346 (resized).JPG
IMG_6154 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191027_184835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
IMG_2267 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (1 year ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (1 year ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (9 months ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Opening this up into a classic stern club. Share your stories and pricing about these great games.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

The OP needs to pick one so people can quote on that. Otherwise you'll get people shouting out numbers all over the board.

It's not rocket science do you really want me starting a bunch more threads for no reason?

Just specify a quicksilver in __________ condition normally goes for ____________.

Ect

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seawitch is the only one that's fairly cheap and easy to find, I'd guess $1000-2000 oughta get you one if you look hard enough.
The others are extremely rare. $3000-5000 these days? They are great games and super rare so people just don't want to sell them.

Thank you this is what I'm looking for.

#11 1 year ago

I wouldn't mind a stars or meteor either but I know what those are worth.

#32 1 year ago

I'm ok with any classic stern price discussion. I'd love to have any of the above mentioned

#82 1 year ago

thanks everyone. now does anyone have any classic sterns they would like to sell?

#131 1 year ago

I'm happy with where this thread is going. Really enjoying it. Might have found a seawitch.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I have a Cheetah too, and I'm considering selling it to fund something else.

I would love a cheetah. pm sent

#241 1 year ago

Got a seawitch being shipped to me. Has repo backglass and plastics. Rough playfeild.

#244 1 year ago

I paid 2500 Canadian plus 300 shipping.
I'm gonna talk to John in Ottawa this weekend about a playfield.

#245 1 year ago

I dont count the shipping as it would cost me gas to pick up anyway so 2500 cad is the same as me buying it in the states for 1750. $1750usd is about 2250 cad then I pay 13% brining it across the boarder which brings it to 2542 cad

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Yeah, that was dumb. Not sure why i bothered posting that stuff since it's irrelevant to the modern pricing of these games. My bad.

Hey dont worry I like hearing prices from the past to. It's all good.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinZig:

If there isn't already a 'Classic Stern Club' thread, maybe this one could be changed into it. Kinda fits the bill. Whatcha think OP?
I vote for:

Is there a classic stern club thread?
would anyone else like this changed into that? I know there is already individual threads for each game, I could even do Early 80s stern/bally club?

#284 1 year ago

Got my seawitch last night.

20180925_173450 (resized).jpg
#286 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not to beat this into the ground, but the thread title really should be changed to include all classic Stern games from Stern Electronics. (1977-1984).
Or I guess we could start another club thread for all those classic Stern games from the amazing 70s as well.

You really can't post in any threads without complaining can you? Maybe I dont think the 70s games are amazing? Or maybe the prices of the 70s sterns are already well documented. Either way I'm happy with it. Feel free to drain thread if it bothers you so much.

#287 1 year ago

Purchased a nugent today that's 2 classic sterns in 2 weeks. ( only one is amazing 80s) Not really one on my wish list but was priced ok.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

From 1978. lol.

That why I said classic stern not amazing.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I lined up a lightning, just working out details.

Awsome make sure to post pics when you get it. ( and what you paid if you want)

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How is Nugent? I was a fan of his music before he went insane.

Not sure haven't played one lol.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm told that Nugent is fairly lame. Your experience may differ.

All the reviews and writups I've read are split 50 50 I'm not worried I have a large collection lol

#301 1 year ago

Looks like I might be getting a rough f2k in a trade next week to.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It’s a lot of fun to me. You have to set it up hard though. If you get over 200k on mine, that’s epic. One thing that I like about Nugent are the rules to light he spinner. If you accidentally fall in the collect bonus holes, it sets you back to 1,000. You can only light the spinner if you reach 10k bonus.
Another thing I love is that you have to nudge to score the most valuable shot in the game (when top rollovers are lit for 9k).
I do understand why a lot of people don’t love it. For me, it’s a lot like Harlem Globetrotters. Very difficult and fast old school addictive pinball.
Another good change is to remove the top most acorn post on the left orbit shot. It’s too tight of a shot from the factory. Removing the top post converts it to a makeable, rewarding shot.

Awsome that's good to hear. I always set my games up very difficult and a good coat of wax.

#305 1 year ago

Good price. I'll take it!

1 week later
#341 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Just finishing this one up for those who expressed interest. PM me for more pics details.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why not post a for sale thread?

#346 1 year ago

$6200 is asking price on it.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Where did you get that number from Mitch? As it certainly wasn't from me.
Perhaps you are thinking of a different QS?

Do you give me permission to post the pm's you sent me?

#359 1 year ago

Since I have started this thread I've added 6 classic sterns to my collection.

I got freefall, flight 2000, meteor, seawitch, a nugent being shipped in and a quicksilver being shipped in.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can’t you just order them from CPR with their new system?

Has CPR ever made them before?

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

picked up a few project sterns this past weekend. Not looking to sell anything at this point. Just thought I would share pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that's crazy how did you manage to find those.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Where did you get that number from Mitch? As it certainly wasn't from me.
Perhaps you are thinking of a different QS?

I guess the 6200 he told me was before he shopped it. Been told by other pinside members he's asking over 8k now.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Brenna98 was in my town last week for business. He contacted me and was invited to come by and play my pins. We had good conversations about the pins we have and the pins we want. The subject of a group of pins that sold on Ebay came up.
Two years ago there was an Ebay auction for 30-40 pinball machines selling as one lot from a business in Chattanooga Tennessee. These pins are from that auction. I was trying desperately to get my hands on that Quicksilver. After the Ebay auction they all disappeared. Brenna and I got to talking about them and he knew where they were. I don't how he knew but he knew. And the pin gods finally blew the magic dust his way.

Awsome!! Thanks for the background. Always interesting

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, it is. How about you sharing with us your scooped 'em up and dragged them home" story? All except the Nugent

Mine arnt interesting except maybe the quicksilver.
Freefall a operator traded me it fully working and shopped for a as is Eldorado. He dosen't want to route 80s pins anymore as they break down too much.
Flight 2000 I got in a trade from a local collector it's a little rough planking not working etc traded a really nice boomerang, a decent hot shot and a smelly card wiz for the flight 2000 and a decent Phoenix.
Meteor I got a reply to a wanted ad I have from a collector about a hour away. Nice shape some playfeild wear and won't boot.
Nugent I bought from a for sale ad on pinside it's being shipped in.
Seawitch a guy on pinside saw I was looking for one in this thread and I bought a non working project off him had it shipped in. First game I've had shipped.
Then quicksilver was the biggest surprise.
I had a specific want ad for it and a guy in Halifax contacted me he got a project in a trade a couple weeks ago and wanted to sell it.
It has a plexiglass backglass, playfeild wear, head damage and missing cpu. Had a guy I know in Halifax pick it up for me and ship it here. Just got shipped today should have it next week. Paid 1800 cad for it plus 300 shipping and 100 for my friends time so 2200 cad( 1700usd)

IMG_1522 (resized).jpgIMG_1523 (resized).jpgIMG_1525 (resized).jpgIMG_1533 (resized).jpgIMG_1535 (resized).jpgIMG_1555 (resized).jpgIMG_1556 (resized).jpgIMG_1558 (resized).jpgIMG_1564 (resized).jpg
#393 1 year ago

Damn didnt notice I had the wrong apron on quicksilver, anyone have the correct one they would sell or trade?

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from klr650:

Its a Meteor apron but it was installed on your machine when it was manufactured. Mine was the same. Many, many Quicksilvers were built with meteor aprons!

Cool good to know

#423 1 year ago

Fresh in from Halifax.

20181017_144336 (resized).jpg20181017_163419 (resized).jpg20181017_163439 (resized).jpg
#425 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is this a 2nd Quicksilver for you, Mitch?

No my first one just arrived. Only have one.

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Man, you sure got motivated to get some sterns! Good strategy: make a thread asking about game values to gain knowledge, but also to kick owners out of the bushes so you can hound them to buy.
What's the value Dragonfist? I could use one of those...

I wish it was that easy. Only one of my classic sterns came from this thread on pinside.
My f2k, freefall and quicksilver, meteor and split second all came from people who arnt even on pinside.
I had 3 or 4 people contact me on pinside but their prices were just crazy.

Also found another strange world and congo this week. Both rare games you dont see for sale often

#431 1 year ago
20181018_080415 (resized).jpg
#435 1 year ago

I was just gonna post that.

#445 1 year ago

When it rains it pours got this one today.

20181020_120930 (resized).jpg
#449 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, he is. And I know what he is going to be doing for the next 3-4 years

Lots of repairs!!

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hope you didn't pay much more than $350 for it.

paid 500 canadian (around 380 usd). It needs alot of work, but solid.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good price! You are gonna love it!
If you need any parts for it, let me know. I ended up with an extra parts game but I had to toss the cabinet. It was riddled with termites. I stripped everything off it.

Pm sent.

#485 1 year ago

Can everyone please keep the Beatles discussion in the Beatles thread. This is a classic stern thread and it is not a classic stern.

#496 1 year ago

I have a spare demo man launch ramp I might try on my seawitch. Only different is on the Beatles the cab is a modern cab where the glass sits higher so the ball can launch over the ball guide where it might hit the glass on on the standard seawitch cab.

I dont mind talking about Beatles to use to improve the original seawitch that's relevant. I just dont want opinions or reviews of the the Beatles game here.

Screenshot_20181024-120401_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#529 1 year ago

Mirco is gauging interest on quicksilver playfeilds.

Let's get these made!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-mirco-playfields-demand-check

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The pops all feed from same buss. Bad bulbs sound reasonable

Switch a bulb into it from a pop bumper that doesnt have a issue then you will know for sure.

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My Stern Lightning is betting a sexy makeover. I want to LED it, any suggestions on brand/colors etc. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Warm white single or dual smd in the gi color in gi looks terrible. Color matched inserts. Not sure if classic sterns need the seigcraft boards for insert flickering.
Comet is great for LEDs

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Cool thanks. And that was quick! For certain things i think it’s important to “upgrade” like installing a beefier rectifier board to bulletproof that area of the game so to speak.
I’ve seen fs ads where people highlight that the serial numbers for the boardsets match. So thought there was something to that.

You can always just keep the original board in the cab and include it if you ever sell the game.

1 week later
#565 1 year ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Nice find! I married into a circus family, so I've been on the lookout for a Split Second machine around me. Keep us posted on your progress.

Where are you located. It doesnt say.

#597 1 year ago

Does anyone have any nos stern drop targets or and used ones (any condition) they would sell. Dont care what game they are from.

Send me a pm.

#601 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I may have a few with different colored Stars.

pm sent

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I don’t know which is “correct”. People on the Quicksilver owners thread report both black and green base colors.
I like the Black better.

If you make quicksilver aprons I'll take one.

#611 1 year ago

Guess I got a great deal when I paid 1800 Canadian for my project quicksilver a few weeks ago.

#613 1 year ago

This was just posted on Facebook
Digging the custom playfield additions.

FB_IMG_1542066001867 (resized).jpg
#622 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Does anyone have any nos stern drop targets or and used ones (any condition) they would sell. Dont care what game they are from.
Send me a pm.

Still looking.

#663 12 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I may have a few with different colored Stars.

I sent you a pm never heard back.

2 weeks later
#685 11 months ago

Is there anyone out there that has a working freefall I can ask some questions to.

In mine the wire guide for the ball lock isnt working right. The ball guide has to be very tight on the ball where it enters or it flys off but if I make it tight enough to not fly off then sometimes it gets stuck in it. Maybe I have the wrong coil?

2 weeks later
#740 11 months ago

Christmas eve meteor repinning.

20181224_163442 (resized).jpg20181224_163651 (resized).jpg20181224_163850 (resized).jpg20181224_164559 (resized).jpg20181224_170251 (resized).jpg

#743 11 months ago

I take a very good pic first with flash and make sure I can identify each wire in the picture before I remove them.

#746 10 months ago

Well added 2 more to my collection
Picked up a wild fyre and galaxy.

#751 10 months ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Where did you score the Galaxy? Not that project from Woodbridge I hope.

Ya that project from Woodbridge why?
It needs alot of work but I got a much better price then advertised.

#754 10 months ago

Well the galaxy I purchased will be sitting for awhile before I get around to it so I figured I would tackle the mpu alkaline damage before I store it.
Game booted up and played when I bought it so I figured the damage cant be that bad. Boy was I wrong. Battery was actually leaking liquid alkaline onto the lamp board.

I removed the mpu, clipped the battery then rinsed in acid toilet bowl cleaner while scrubbing the damage.

Then a rinse in 99% isopropyl alcohol and a blow dry with my compressor and air gun.

Next remove all damaged components and all headers, then refloat solder on any bare copper.

20181229_162316 (resized).jpg20181229_165613 (resized).jpg20181229_165626 (resized).jpg20181229_165651 (resized).jpg20181229_183355 (resized).jpg20181229_183414 (resized).jpg20181229_183403 (resized).jpg20181229_183349 (resized).jpg
#761 10 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Do yourself a favor. Now that you've removed all that damaged crap from the reset section, replace it with a Dallas reset generator. You only need to put back a couple of components that way.

I have no idea what this is.

#763 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit Mitch it's going to be leaking on your crotch if you don't look out!

Rofl

#765 10 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Newest addition to the garage:
Needs some switch matrix help, but very clean overall!
[quoted image]

Nice great game I love mine. Just wish I coul get the "ramp" to work right.
Have mine bent down so the ball drags which means it gets stuck sometime but if i loosen it the ball launches off the wireform and back onto the playfeild.

#767 10 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:This one does that intermittently, Ill look into it and see what works. Do you have the right coil in there?

Not sure I have to check that still. I'm pretty sure it's original.

If you ever want to sell let me know. My playfeild and backglass are rough.

#769 10 months ago
Quoted from semicolin:

http://www.pinrepair.com/gp/#mpu - Go to the section headed "Replacing the MPU-2 Reset Section with a Dallas DS1811 or MicroChip MCP101"

That's for a game plan mpu

#770 10 months ago

Found it for the bally/stern mpus says it's not really worth doing.

20181231_175201 (resized).jpg
#783 10 months ago

Got my meteor parts in today from a fellow pinsider, I'll let him come forward if he wants to be known.

Thanks again!

20190106_171505 (resized).jpg
#787 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I trust you are satisfied with the package and hope you found my descriptions of the parts accurate.

Very happy!! Thanks again.

#844 10 months ago

Well here it is. One of the few remaining games on my wanted list.
Did a 11 hour round trip today and 1000 km (600 miles) but she is home with me.
Needs a playfeild and backglass both rough.
20190112_113115 (resized).jpg

20190112_200208 (resized).jpg
#846 10 months ago

I'm hoping he can make quicksilver backglasses someday.

#849 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you find this all of this stuff? In less than 4 months you have accumulated almost all of the classic Stern heavy hitters.

The stargazer was on kijiji (kinda like craigslist) owner got it with their house when they bought it a year ago.
Was taking offers over 3k. I paid 4200cad (about 3k usd) for it which might be a little high with the playfeild and backglass really bad, coin door and legs repainted poorly but boards were clean and it was working 100%.

#853 10 months ago

Looking to buy original classic stern Manuals for my games if anyone has any for sale.

#856 10 months ago

Still looking for original stern spinners also, even my stargazer came with a wrong one on it.

#864 10 months ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

I guess mitch is going to Montreal for a road trip

I wish I'm broke right now.

1 week later
#910 9 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Hey guys, quick question here. I have a project dolly parton that has a acid damaged mpu. I have a nice and clean stern MPU-200 that I have laying around and I was hoping to use in for that project. My main question is if this will work if I jumper it right and put the correct roms in? Thanks for any suggestions!

If jumpered correct the stern mpu200 works in all stern and bally(pre6803) machines.

#914 9 months ago

What leg bolts came on ths3s from the factory? The smaller 9/16th like classic bally's or the bigger 5/8th.

#922 9 months ago

Is stargazer the only stern with the extra metal rails under the playfield?

20190128_181400 (resized).jpg
#923 9 months ago

Also what does everyone have there transformer set to? My stargazer is jumpered for 115ac not 120ac and all the coil are really strong.
Tested my wall outlet and its 119ac.

Surprisingly even with all the wire hacks this thing still plays great

20190128_181353 (resized).jpg20190128_181414 (resized).jpg20190128_182209 (resized).jpg
#925 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones have the metal rails.

So every stargazer has them or just a few?
Do you have any games with them.

#932 9 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

My Lightning was also jumpered for 115VAC. Some of my voltages measured a little high. I changed it to 120VAC and the measured DC voltages are much closer to specs.

Awsome thanks for the insight. I noticed all my voltages were a little high.

#934 9 months ago

I'd love to get a lightning someday

#937 9 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I sell hardly any glass. Lightning must of been a good production run.

Im still hoping you do quicksilver someday.
The seawitch of yours I have is great. Cant wait for my stargazer.

#945 9 months ago

Look what followed me home. DAMMIT!!! I keep trying to make room and they keep following me home lol.

20190129_120220 (resized).jpg20190129_120226 (resized).jpg
#950 9 months ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Those projects keep piling up. I estimate if you start now, you would be finished in 10 years.

Looking like 6 years atleast lol. All I have is time. I'm only 33

#952 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Watch out for kids. Apparently, it's a big time soak.

Already fixed that. Dont have any and saw the doctor last year to make sure I dont. Wife doesnt want kids either.

#965 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I did not write that very well, did I ?

Happens to best of us.

#966 9 months ago

I'll post pics soon but finally getting most of my sterns up on legs and getting them running.
Meteor is pretty much done for now with a big thanks to cottonm4.
Stargazer is playable but rough. All the rest are untested or non booting but I will get it done. Almost all of them are hacked severely at the rectifier boards so most will be receiving new rectifier boards and rebuild the connector side.

My big push is on star gazer , quicksilver and seawitch.
Quicksilver is rough. It's back on its legs for what seems to be the first time in a long time.
Checked voltages at the rectifier board some are off and hacked so I pulled the transformer board today as it's way easier to replace or repair the rectifier boards on the bench.
Stargazer same issue same fix as quicksilver for now.
Seawitch is actually booting and playing with a new cpu. Needs a good clean and I need to replace some drop targets and the spinner then it should be done.... for now.

#969 9 months ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Nice man. I really have to get over to your place soon and check out the action.

Your always welcome to come by.

1 week later
#982 9 months ago

Can someone post a pic of there j1 connector on their quicksilver rectifier board. Need to see where the wires go.

#986 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
Pin #1 is on your left
Pin 1 = red wire ( GI lighting hot wire )
pin 2 = not used
pin 3 = blue wire (feature lamps)
pin 4 = blocking key
pin 5 = not used
pin 6 = blue/white wire (this is flipper power wire that solders to the 1 amp fuse holder between the flippers)
pin 7 = Blue wire (feature lamps). Helps split the load with pin 3
pin 8 = white wire ( GI lighting ground wire ).

Thank you this is exactly what I needed.

#990 9 months ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

This may help in the future - http://www.jtamusements.com/meteor_rec_board.html (from Meteor)
Jim
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are all classic sterns rectifier boards wired the same way.

1 week later
#1028 9 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks. I guess I’ll have to go that route. Restore the five good originals I have then crop a repro.

Or go full repo and sell me your originals

#1047 9 months ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Closer to $400. Just ordered one. I've got an 8/10 that I'd sell that just needs minor touch-up in solid coloured areas but I'm terrified of shipping glass.

Just ship it in the box the new one came in.

#1077 9 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I may put it on 5 ball

Had to downvote that lol. Only solid state that should be on 5 ball is joker poker.

#1109 8 months ago

Lighty hold the bell with vise grips while heating, plastic face down on a countertop push the bell in with visegrips (or pliers) while heating

#1148 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm dealing with exact this same problem from when I put my Big Game back together. It's like a cannon shot. A solution for this would be nice.

Maybe a stronger spring on the coil?

#1166 8 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

No pictures at the moment, but it's mainly the connectors going to the MPU and power board that have been mangled.

Just rebuild the connectors will be much easier. If a wire is too short , solder and heatshrink a extension on it.
I've bought many games with connectors missing and wires soldered to the boards or electric taped together. Was easier to repair original or you might have to remove and desolder the whole harness off the playfield.

#1167 8 months ago

Plus a new harness is expensive connectors are very cheap.

#1181 8 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I have some project sterns to sell:
Big Game: Complete game, decent backglass (some red flaking) and cabinet, Playfield has lots of planking and wear. $500
Stars: Decent backglass and playfield, cabinet has been painted a solid blue, boards are missing; otherwise complete $500
Nineball: Decent backglass and cabinet, playfield has typical wear in ball rack inserts, boards are missing. $1200
Located in southern MN. Preference to a buyer that will take the lot.
PM for pics and questions.

Damn wish you were closer. You going to allentown

#1208 8 months ago

Got a nos stern pop bumper assembly today.

What games used a plastic ring and rod assembly.

20190306_173959 (resized).jpg20190306_174005 (resized).jpg
#1213 8 months ago

Are the plastic rings avalible anywhere?

#1217 8 months ago

So cheetah doesnt use the plastic ones correct?

#1221 8 months ago
Quoted from kickabit:

No, Cheetah also has plastic pops. I believe it was the first to have them.

Can someone confirm this?

#1225 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Would you like to sell it

no way lol most of my sterns have broken or missing pop bumper pieces.

#1227 8 months ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Well, hang on a minute. Those flippers on F2k aren't sagging, they sit lower for a reason. F2k is a widebody. You will find the same sort of flipper positioning on the classic Stern widebodies of that era. Players are supposed to be able to hit those outside shots. When you raise the flippers slightly, outside shots are harder and middle shots are easier and it is easier to catch the ball, too. Do what you want, raise the flippers or lower them, but those flippers sitting where they are isn't a mistake.
F2k is just an easy game, I blew mine up the first time I played it and sent it packing soon after.

This 100%. I set mine up level with the lane guides when I rebuilt them on freefall and it played terrible and you couldn't hit the left lane shot at all.

#1237 8 months ago

Anyone know what part this is.

20190308_171612 (resized).jpg

#1260 8 months ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Could be standard flippers instead of Stern flippers with the little collar - that'll cause the displaced metal to kind of mushroom out and hold the stupid thing in place...

This is probably it.

#1299 8 months ago

Just picked up a big game today another classic stern to the collection.

#1305 8 months ago

Get a dremel with a cutting wheel or a hacksaw blade and cut the flipper bar shaft between the bushing and the crank to remove it.

Screenshot_20190316-071340_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1315 8 months ago
20190316_211919 (resized).jpg20190316_211922 (resized).jpg20190316_211950 (resized).jpg
#1319 8 months ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I need new lane guides and/or plastics

CPR makes a set.

#1321 8 months ago

I think it's just the plastics

#1339 8 months ago

Finally getting my sterns set up on legs. Many are projects but it's a start. Some cab repairs needed to be done.

Will have to slide them all down one as I have a catacomb coming too

20190321_211200 (resized).jpg20190322_210301 (resized).jpg20190322_210312 (resized).jpgResized_20190316_183741_4237 (resized).jpeg
#1343 8 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

TPF score of the day
[quoted image]

nice grab i need some of those.

#1356 8 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Many of them are purchased in the us and brought over the border

All of mine are Canadian original. Most came with the canadain electric sticker they put on them when they were brand new and most have the extra isolation transformer

#1358 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Do you guys leave those electric stickers on the pins when you buy them? My Dragonfist came from Canada and still has a little sticker on the apron.

I hope you pulled the second transformer out.
Dont need the isolation transformer and they waste electricity. They always run even when the game is off.

I sometimes remove the stickers.

1 week later
#1389 7 months ago

Looking for a stern widebody lock down bar.

The one that came with my big game is destroyed.

#1394 7 months ago

Here is a video of me cleaning my electronimo cab last summer.

#1400 7 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

I need some help. When I turned on my Nine Ball tonight, started to see smoke from the drop targets. Turned the game off, and raised the PF. The smoke is coming from the large bank target, but I can't see anything. The smoke was somewhat light, but the smell was heavy. I didn't have time to pull it apart, but is the only thing it could be is a coil locking on inside it?

Manually see it the plunger in the coil still moves freely...... or just sell it to me.

#1418 7 months ago

Picked up my catacomb today.

IMG_2800 (resized).JPGIMG_2801 (resized).JPGIMG_2802 (resized).JPGIMG_2809 (resized).JPGIMG_2810 (resized).JPGIMG_2811 (resized).JPGIMG_2813 (resized).JPG
#1423 7 months ago

Looking for stern playfield support hangers that attach to the lockbar.

I need 4 of them. Cant use bally as they are shorter.

20190410_210049 (resized).jpg20190410_210052 (resized).jpg20190410_210057 (resized).jpg
#1425 7 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Kerry at Mantis Amusements sells two types. Check the pictures carefully. When I asked which were for classic Sterns he wasn’t sure.

Ya I've seen those
Not the same mounting holes as the originals as the bracket under the playfield is way longer.

Rather find original if possible.

#1437 7 months ago

Need help with my catacomb, been fixing it up but need some info.
What's the factory playfield flipper coils and what's the factory backbox flipper coil?

Also need some pics of the piece in the backbox that holds the ball on the flipper when you remove the backglass and a pic of the gate in the backbox as mine is missing.

20190414_120307 (resized).jpg20190414_120317 (resized).jpg20190414_120904 (resized).jpg20190414_120911 (resized).jpg20190414_120934 (resized).jpg20190414_120954 (resized).jpg
#1440 7 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

How can you comfortably fix up a game without the manual? For me it's just a must have. Took me about 15 seconds to find this. You can download the manual and the schematics. These should help you tremendously.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=catacomb&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

I have a copy of the manual couldn't find coil numbers anywhere. I'll look again.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

#1441 7 months ago

After a second look I found the coil numbers in the manual. Sorry everyone.

Also have to love the old stern flipper plates. This one is out my meteor.

20190414_151731 (resized).jpg
#1448 7 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Looks like I have what you need. Let me double check I don't need them for this lightning I'm fixing and ill send them your way for the price for shipping
[quoted image]

Awsome sounds good I can always use those.

The lightning probably uses the newer style that's elevated off the playfeild.

#1449 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:EDIT: The flipper in your back box is not the correct flipper. What you have will work but it is not correct; I don’t know if you can even locate the correct flipper. I will post a pic of mine when I get home tomorrow.

Looking forward to pics.

1 week later
#1476 6 months ago

Here are pics of lectronimo with a strange cabinet.

It's almost 3 inches shorter then any other lectronamo cab and has a much thinner neck to make up the difference. 

The playfeild is still standard size. 

To make up for the thinner neck the bolt pattern in the head is very different. 3 bolts instead of 4.

20190426_142925 (resized).jpg20190426_142944 (resized).jpg20190426_142953 (resized).jpg20190426_143029 (resized).jpg20190426_143008 (resized).jpg20190426_143018 (resized).jpg20190426_143047 (resized).jpg
#1478 6 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Stern probably re-purposed a cabinet from another game. If sales were less than expectations on a title, standard industry practice was to redo the artwork on the cabinet and use for a new title. The other option was to break up the cabinet and toss it in a dumpster. As an example the sales of Rapid Fire were realy bad so they reused the cabinets to make Centaur II and EBD LE.

Ya that's what I figured too. Just strange how the previous game Stars all had standad cabs not the smaller ones.
If anyone has a stern em can you measure the cab for me?

#1479 6 months ago

Wow got the head mounted it sits really strange hangs off the back of the cab.

Also the front leg bolts are in the same spot as other sterns but the rear are 3/4 of a inch lower.

20190426_155921 (resized).jpg20190426_155927 (resized).jpg20190426_155953 (resized).jpg20190426_160007 (resized).jpg20190426_160020 (resized).jpg20190426_160034 (resized).jpg
#1480 6 months ago

Ledge was too close to stars so I cut it off.

20190426_170514 (resized).jpg20190426_170752 (resized).jpg

#1481 6 months ago

Full stern lineup all on legs, now comes the repairs!

20190426_164930 (resized).jpg20190426_164936 (resized).jpg20190426_164948 (resized).jpg20190426_164952 (resized).jpg
#1488 6 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

That’s the third lectronamo I’ve brought back to life this year. First one with the shorter cab. Other two were the same.

Crazy so mines not the only one.

Want to sell me the ali

#1491 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What’s the story with all of the play fields lining the wall?

Just playfeilds I've picked up. All are worn and not really useable. The centaur is a test CPR run no inserts.

#1492 6 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Nope. Only 8 more sterns left to go...
But between a couple friends on myself we’ve found 3 Ali’sin the past couple weeks. One will be for sale at Allentown likely

Can you give me a heads up if one is going.

#1512 6 months ago

Drop target mechs are adjustable to the height it resets the targets at. It's done with a Allen key . There are set screws on the bottom bar that lifts up the targets. They can be adjusted so the targets lift higher. Normally the problem is with the targets farthest from the coil and it's easily fixed with this simple adjustment.

#1513 6 months ago
Quoted from Winger03:

Similar problem with F2K. There are times when I really hit the target hard and it does not fall. Almost like it is not built to fall - does not budge. Other times, it goes right down.

If they are repo targets this happens alot more often

#1525 6 months ago

Loaded up on classic stern parts this weekend, got a couple nos backglasses, galaxy, freefall, splitsecond and spinners from mayfair, bought 3 populated playfeilds, lightning, dracula, trident. Also got 2 coin doors, widebody lockbar, and some flipper mechs and pop bumpers. Lastly a big game playfield nice shape, topside populated.

#1531 6 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Where did you get this stuff?

Almost all of it was arranged before the show.

1 week later