Topic Stats

• 2,361 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 720 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2230 (resized).JPG
IMG_2234 (resized).JPG
IMG_2231 (resized).JPG
IMG_2232 (resized).JPG
20191021_162604.jpg
IMG_20191019_134829986 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_20191020_174420 (resized).jpg
Stern_Galaxy_solenoids.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20191014_192539908 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182530920 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182350560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182221491 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182645416 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182756325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191011_202109796 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (1 year ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (1 year ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (8 months ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (79 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#626 11 months ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I have an issues with my seawitch that is so random I cannot figure out how to fix it as i can never replicated it when I want to.
maybe 1 in 20 times the drop target bank on the left of right in the middle will drop 1 or very very rarely 2 targets down when it resets at the start of a ball or after the target bank is complete. They are original targets, how do I fix the issue?
Same targets can also occasionally brick as well if you hit them straight on.

This was happening on my F2k and i found the issue to be the small post with a C clip on it fell off. It attaches the bottom of the target to the arm. The target would go up sometimes and get stuck because the arm would be stuck under the target instead of to the side(connected with the post and C clip)
I’ll take a pic of what I’m talking about later today.

3 weeks later
#725 10 months ago

Can any Stingray owners confirm that this 10,000 pt light is supposed to be tied to the GI?
Or better yet, point me in the direction of a schematic? IPDB doesn’t seem to have it for this game.
DFA4EE2A-91D9-41E9-A3A5-EAF81BD3304C (resized).jpeg

#727 10 months ago

Thanks! I don’t know what pdf I was looking at earlier. It was on ipdb but didn’t have the schematics in the back.

#735 10 months ago

Does anyone have an extra locking mech for the Backglass and/or the metal trim that goes on the top of the glass?

They are missing on a Stingray I recently purchased.

4 months later
#1563 5 months ago

Is there a resource for instruction cards for this era? Specifically looking for Stars and Flight 2000.

#1566 5 months ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/
inkochnito does some amazing work restoring these cards. We're very lucky to have someone who spends the amount of time he dedicates to the hobby.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#1612 4 months ago

I’m having an intermittent issue with stars and stingray. When I power up the games sometimes the lights come on but the the game doesn’t boot up. Usually I turn power off, wait a second, and in the second power up they will boot.
Any suggestions? Is this a common issue?

#1616 4 months ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

How many flashes is the diagnostic LED on the MPU putting out when the games don't boot? Are they stock MPU boards or aftermarket?

They are both stock MPUs. I’m not sure how many flashes. Ill have to take the glass off and watch until it happens again.

Quoted from Crispin:

I'd try re crimping the connectors that bring the power from the SDB to the mpu.

Thanks, I’ll do that.

#1624 4 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

My classic sterns front and back legs[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s how they should be!

3” leg levelers, in the back, cranked way up is the way to go!

#1677 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Tractor Doc has been working up a selection of decals that will help when you want to spiff up one of your classic Sterns. We have been doing a little business together and Doc has sent me these decals for some of my projects. I have sent him my Big Game spinners and he is working up decals for those, too.
I also have used a set of his Number 1 thru 9 decals to do my Big Game drop targets. They are nice. The font was a perfect match.
This stuff is nice to have for the hobby.
[quoted image]

These are great!

I ordered a set of spinner decals from tractordoc and they are very nice. Also his customer service is outstanding.

Highly recommended!

1 week later
#1700 4 months ago

Here’s my mini stern lineup.

I came home to my wife and daughter playing stingray by themselves yesterday. It blew me away because they only reluctantly play pinball.

They both said they like the older ones better. Their favorites are stingray, stars, and F2k. In that order.

E895ED4F-C6DA-4710-8129-C7CB807BDD73 (resized).jpeg
#1702 4 months ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Nice Stingray.
Hard to find a decent one.

Thanks. Mine isn’t the best either. It’s presentable but it has a good amount of wear and touch ups.

1 week later
#1763 4 months ago

Looks good rotordave
Just curious. Why over and not under the plastics?

1 week later
#1784 3 months ago

I’m having some issues with my solenoid driver board on Stars. I believe it’s a few bad transistors. I ordered some, but it got me thinking that a replacement solenoid board may be an upgrade.

Has anyone experienced a noticeable difference in coil performance using an alltek or weebly board over the original?

#1786 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Use with confidence. Especially WEEBLy.

I’m confused. Should I use the original with confidence and weebly is the worst, or should I use weebly with confidence?

#1790 3 months ago

I must’ve worded my question weird. I meant to ask if there’s a benefit to switching if the original board works.

My bad. Thanks for the replies.

2 months later
#2160 47 days ago

The inlane ball guide on both my Stars and Stingray pop out at the top on occasion. Does anyone have a good fix for this? It only happens on the left. Both right guides seem like they are solid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside