Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by treborlicec
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 715 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191019_134829986 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_20191020_174420 (resized).jpg
Stern_Galaxy_solenoids.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20191014_192539908 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182530920 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182350560 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182221491 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182645416 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_182756325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191011_202109796 (resized).jpg
IMG_3771 (1) (resized).png
IMG_2100 (resized).JPG
IMG_2099 (resized).JPG
IMG_2098 (resized).JPG
IMG_2097 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (1 year ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (1 year ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (1 year ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (8 months ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (77 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Depends on if they are projects, generally working but needing shopping out, restored, high end restored.

The OP needs to pick one so people can quote on that. Otherwise you'll get people shouting out numbers all over the board.

#20 1 year ago

major projects needing playfield work, plastics, backglass, board work, and some cabinet work.
Seawitch $1000
Quicksilver $1500
Stargazer $2500

Quoted from Mitch:

Just specify a quicksilver in _________ condition normally goes for ___________.

Problem is, these aren't "normally" sold, or they are sold between collectors and numbers aren't documented.

3 weeks later
#334 1 year ago

does anyone have any information about playfield overlays for classic Stern?
This guy bigdaddy1 has commissioned to have this Nine Ball overlay done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/69606

I have asked him nicely, but for some reason he's not sharing. This is a missed opportunity on his part to make some money and sell some overlays.

If anyone has information about obtaining a Nine Ball overlay, please let me know.

#368 1 year ago

picked up a few project sterns this past weekend. Not looking to sell anything at this point. Just thought I would share pics.

IMG-3894 (resized).JPGIMG-3896 (resized).JPGIMG-3898 (resized).JPG
#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

how did you manage to find those.

psychic hotline

Honestly, networking with other collectors is probably the best resource.

#382 1 year ago

I would love to make Stern aprons. Looks like mitch needs a correct one for a quicksilver. Looks like he's got a meteor in there.

Trouble is, there are decals available for these. So, people usually paint/apply and call it good. This has kept my requests for repros low.
I think I have enough hands raised to justify metal tooling. I'll talk to merfeldma again to see if this can happen.

#428 1 year ago

Man, you sure got motivated to get some sterns! Good strategy: make a thread asking about game values to gain knowledge, but also to kick owners out of the bushes so you can hound them to buy.

What's the value Dragonfist? I could use one of those...

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also found another strange world and congo this week.

Damn! congrats. I would love to find a strange world someday...

#438 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what this “mod” is for? J3 pin 5 to C14
There isn’t even a wire that goes to pin 5.

0071F829-1E26-4295-B2DF-5330341E74B5 (resized).jpeg2A5A82FD-0B28-4BBC-A39B-29DD0A59AAE2 (resized).jpeg
#456 12 months ago

Finished Stargazer! Only got to play a copy once at Clay’s VFW show and I had no idea what I was doing.
Awesome game!! Much more going on than I expected: stopping the top drop bonus ladder is fun. Lighting the spinners for higher points and that awesome spinner sound! And crazy fast.

I gotta get Quicksilver going now.

F195A77F-FA47-4864-9181-D3D2A4E1F05D (resized).jpeg
#460 12 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Congrats! Is that a restore or a new build?

Thanks! This one was a restore from an original Stargazer. Now that that is done, i'm still going to build a Frankenstargazer. Got my 2nd playfield cleared and ready to populate.

#480 12 months ago

I knew that crap about “drop mechs too expensive” was a load of BS..
perhaps when this game flops and they have all the extra parts, they will make an actual Seawitch?

#494 12 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

sorta like on my TNA.

Yup, that's what I think it is. Just like TNA, as small ramp.

#521 12 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

My current classic Stern lineup....

What's your favorite?

2 weeks later
#598 11 months ago

Setup both quicksilvers. One will be for sale soon.

CC65715B-D06E-4881-9BA3-BAEC4C7FABF6 (resized).jpeg

Archived after 0 days
Sold for $ 5,000
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Quicksilver (MN) Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work “Selling a project Quicksilver. Currently non-functional. I assume anyone buying this rare game will restore it.”
2018-11-12
Wind Point, WI
5,000 (OBO)

#602 11 months ago
Quoted from klr650:

If you were making an apron for Quicksilver, which of these two machines is generally regarded as the correct color scheme?

I don’t know which is “correct”. People on the Quicksilver owners thread report both black and green base colors.
I like the Black better.

1 week later
#627 11 months ago

Before and after pics from Quicksilver shop.

1612B7EE-A766-4967-AE0E-A6AB204AA6CE (resized).jpeg39007FC1-C3C6-4405-BF7C-2EC9EA74E887 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#721 10 months ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Would there be any interest in Tech Charts for these Stern Electronics game?

Yes please!!
Several of the schematics are barely readable

4 weeks later
#842 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sterns are loaded up with these obsolete .05 M 100v capacitors. What is a good substitute? What is a good substitute that does not cost an arm and a leg?

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/capacitors/ceramic-disc-capacitors/10-x-0-047uf-50v-ceramic-disc-capacitor-pkg-of-10.html

#854 9 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I have a flawless magic glass and a flatbed scanner if needed for the art.

Ask John if he can work with a scan. Hopefully he can make them.

1 month later
#1180 7 months ago

I have some project sterns to sell:
Big Game: Complete game, decent backglass (some red flaking) and cabinet, Playfield has lots of planking and wear. $500
Stars: Decent backglass and playfield, cabinet has been painted a solid blue, boards are missing; otherwise complete $500
Nineball: Decent backglass and cabinet, playfield has typical wear in ball rack inserts, boards are missing. $1200 SOLD
Magic: decent cabinet and playfield. Backglass is flaky. Complete, boots and plays. Good plastics. Lite project $600 SOLD
Located in southern MN. Preference to a buyer that will take the lot.
PM for pics and questions.

#1199 7 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

have some project sterns to sell:
Big Game: Complete game, decent backglass (some red flaking) and cabinet, Playfield has lots of planking and wear. $500
Stars: Decent backglass and playfield, cabinet has been painted a solid blue, boards are missing; otherwise complete $500
Nineball: Decent backglass and cabinet, playfield has typical wear in ball rack inserts, boards are missing. $1200 SOLD
Magic: decent cabinet and playfield. Backglass is flaky. Complete, boots and plays. Good plastics. Lite project $600 SOLD
Located in southern MN. Preference to a buyer that will take the lot.
PM for pics and questions.

All are now SOLD

2 months later
#1546 5 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

make new lane guides for Seawitch and Nine Ball?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-090

This is what I used for stargazer. Should work the same. Measure what you have with calipers to confirm.

1 month later
#1703 4 months ago

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/438740876
Did my first pinball stream with my friend cloud7 on Quicksilver
Turned out pretty good.

1 month later
#1980 73 days ago

Streamed both Stargazer and Quicksilver with cloud7

Star Gazer https://www.twitch.tv/videos/464536445
Quicksilver https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439686003

We will be making a series of videos from games in my collection. If you favorite Turbografx7 on twitch, you’ll get notified when the next video comes out.

1 week later
#2050 60 days ago

Seems like a stainless version of DE needs to be made. Hopefully Pinball life has been made aware of this demand.

2 weeks later
#2184 41 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Dead Dragonfist:

Try checking the tension of the fuse clips on the rectifier board. I had a similar issue at a show. Squeeze the clips together with the fuse out, then reinstall.

On 2nd thought, it's probably completely dead. You better sell that paperweight to me

#2235 35 days ago

Another successful stream with cloud7 (turbografx7)
Check out Seawitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482095553

We are doing a whole series of my collection, so please follow to get notified for the next one.

#2237 35 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Any chance you are ever going to reproduce those stern aprons

I collected some decent demand for Stargazer, Quicksilver and Seawitch. Probably enough to justify making the metal tooling. Splitting up the volume to print the individual titles is one of the issues.
Stargazer has a light blue with white screen OR dark blue with yellow screen.
Quicksilver has black base with green screen OR dark green base with light green screen
I think seawitch only has light blue base with dark blue screen; not sure if there is a 2nd version.

The dilemma: Choose one variant for each game and go with it OR further dilute the volume and make some of each.
Known issues:
- Pinball Rescue already sells decals for the screen portion of the art, which I believe has kept the demand for a new reproduction part relatively low. Not as nice of quality, but presentable.
- Stern's aprons where made of a thicker gauge steel than bally, so the original steel is likely still in good shape compared to the flimsy Bally's

Not saying it won't happen, just showing all the considerations when thinking about making these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside