Pinside_forum_6864620_0 (resized).jpg
20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (5 years ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (5 years ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 years ago)

Post #2587 Link to 3D printed parts available from HHaase. Posted by HHaase (4 years ago)

Post #2590 Link to 3D printed parts by Swinks, available at Shapeways. Posted by swinks (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Poida.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1497 4 years ago

Here's a use for a classic Stern you don't see every day, supporting the collapsed roof of a shed.

Just a little bit of work to get this up and running, but at least its in better condition than the Flash and Firepower next to it!

KKpSQK7 (resized).jpgKKpSQK7 (resized).jpgdl5wWIU (resized).jpgdl5wWIU (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

In the Aussie cab color combination, which makes perfect sense, because that's where you are located!
Jim

I think the yellow border around the letters look better, but will be going with the original for my first cab restencil

2 months later
#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh Geez, $9.00 a pop. And I have 8 Sterns that need these. With postage, figure $80.00 for some door decals. I don't know whether to smile at the good fortune that they can even be bought, laugh at the questionable ways that pinball makes me open my wallet, or cry because there is always something else to buy that works to keep me broke.

Pinball Rescue has a a pack of 5 for $15USD + postage from Australia

8 months later
#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Adding post to this thread (from Quicksilver members thread) for more potential eyes.
I’m half way through my full restoration and need to order my last (hopefully) batch of spare parts. I’m struggling to find the part numbers however. Can anyone help?
Flipper Cabinet Switches
Flipper Bats
Flipper bushings
Coil Sleeves - How do you determine? (no listing online anywhere for these)
Correct plunger spring (internal and external)
The long thin (carriage) bolt at the front of the side rails (pretty sure used for earthing)
Is there a better resource than the manual for parts as it’s pretty light on. Thanks

May be able to help out with the flipper bushings and carriage bolts. I bought the wrong bushings for my Meteor, if your flipper baseplate sits off the playfield they will fit. And I should have a couple of spare bolts. PM your number and I will have a look tonight.

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Is there a better resource than the manual for parts as it’s pretty light on. Thanks

Parts manual here

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/pinball/pinball-restoration-s/solid-state-ss-pinball-restorations/102374-stern-parts-manual-1981

7 months later
#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

does anyone have a file to print, for the stern 16b-6 transformer wiring instructions that is stapled behind the transformer?

Should find it here

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

2 months later
#4371 3 years ago

I completed a ground up restore on a Meteor earlier this year and an issue with the feature lamps have just resurfaced. Initially this was fixed when I replaced a shorted bulb. Did spend a lot of time on this so could be a deeper issue. In attract mode all lamps that should light up do, but some are solid, other flash in and out of sequence.

When in the lamp test, some are solid some flash and some that light in attract mode don't work.

So machine has worked for 10 months with no issues, has Weebly MPU, original serviced Lamp driver board, new rectifier board, repinned connectors, new lamp PCB boards, all incandescent bulbs except 2. I have removed all bulbs, half of the machine a time but the issue remains. Do this sound familar to anyone?

#4373 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Check wire continuity... cpu to lamp board a strobe line is off.

Re-crimped J1-11 on the MPU and now all good. Can't thank you enough vec-tor , wish I knew this a year ago.

Happy New Year Pinside

2 years later
#9460 7 months ago

I have a complete project Magic that I want to have some games on to see if I like it. Got it all playing minus the sound board. Put in the repaired sound board with good cables, the sound now works but the playfield solenoids went weird.

Left sling fires the trough kickout
Right pop fires nothing (switch scores)
Top pop fires nothing (switch scores)
Left pop fires the right sling

The rest of the solenoids fire correctly

Right sling fires the right sling
Through kickout fires the trough kickout
Drops reset themselves
Bonus kickout fires bonus kickout

When in solenoid test, they fire as above, the right sling and solenoid fire twice each cycle.

There is new rectifier board and Altek MPU. The rest of the boards have been repaired.

Any help would be appreciated

#9462 7 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Bottom right .100 connector on the SDB needs repinning. The corresponding pins on the mpu lower left connector could be at fault as well.
A signal to the solenoid board input is missing or stuck high or low. The sound board is a red herring here.</blockquot

Bottom right .100 connector on the SDB needs repinning. The corresponding pins on the mpu lower left connector could be at fault as well.
A signal to the solenoid board input is missing or stuck high or low. The sound board is a red herring here.

Cheers mate

#9464 7 months ago
Quoted from slochar:Bottom right .100 connector on the SDB needs repinning. The corresponding pins on the mpu lower left connector could be at fault as well.
A signal to the solenoid board input is missing or stuck high or low. The sound board is a red herring here.

Spot on slochar . Repinning J4 on the SDB fixed the issue. The Magic is in rough shape but its a fully working pinball.

Thanks

20230909_113340 (resized).jpg20230909_113340 (resized).jpg20230909_113348 (resized).jpg20230909_113348 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9593 7 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Two sets of Dragonfist complete, I hate weeding.
[quoted image]

Can I add a request for a Magic decal if you have the colour?

#9650 7 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I see you are in Keperra, I have had good luck trimming a set down small enough to fit in a legal envelope and shipping for a nominal amount of postage while dodging the tax collectors.
Just saying.

That would be appreciated mate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Crystal Lake, IL
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Poida.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch?tu=Poida and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.