229391849964f82d3332d2d885e9b99981792afa (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_6864620_0 (resized).jpg
20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (5 years ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (5 years ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 years ago)

Post #2587 Link to 3D printed parts available from HHaase. Posted by HHaase (4 years ago)

Post #2590 Link to 3D printed parts by Swinks, available at Shapeways. Posted by swinks (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Postal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4259 3 years ago

I would say the output voltages would change very little with inputs of 110 to 120 volts. Ac power is not always stable. It fluctuates often. Thats why power supplies regulate and filter.

4 months later
#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Hello fellow early Stern enthusiasts! I like to replace the High Voltage shield on the driver boards on games that come in our shop. My friend PinballManiac40 suggested we offer them in our shop here. The lettering is etched on the underside of the acrylic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/05017-bally-stern-solenoid-driver-board-high-voltage-shield[quoted image]

That's a great looking product. Anyone who has ever gotten shocked from a board in the back box can appreciate this.

3 weeks later
#4999 2 years ago

So depending on where the spinner stops causes the fuse to blow? And after spinning it shorts plus 5 volts on the switch matrix I assume.

1 week later
#5103 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I wish I had. I don't even have the supplies to do so. I keep asking my brother for advice on what to order and haven't been able to get it done yet. Mouser & GPE are daunting to me.

You can get the thermal breakers at Autozone or most auto supply stores.

#5108 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Really? I have never seen thermal push button breakers at the auto parts stores. I just tried both Autozone and O’rielly’s for “circuit breaker” and got nothing.
What search term do you use to find circuit breakers at the auto parts stores?

https://www.autozone.com/starting-charging-and-miscellaneous-electrical/circuit-breaker?filterByKeyWord=circuit+breaker&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false&newYmme=true

#5109 2 years ago

It looks like most of these are 6 amp or higher but I got some there a few years ago that were lower. I got the ones that reset themselves.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#5163 2 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Got my Stars CPR PF swap done and getting things dialed in. Overall working well, just regretting using the knock off connectors for the mechs, they suck and I’ll be switching to molex.
I’m realizing now that it’s pretty shitty to have that exposed metal rail above the pop bumper, the ball gets smashed into that thing so much. A new ball is already looking pretty dinged up...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That game is really pretty. I like the look of the white rubber. Nice work.

#5181 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I replaced the rectifier board and repinned all the connectors so it should be good. Voltages all check out at both the rectifier and the solenoid driver board.
I wonder if it could be a grounding issue or maybe a bad capacitor somewhere. This is my first solid state so I have to lean on tribal knowledge to work out some of these issues.[quoted image]

What is going on with the fuse on the far right ? Is it soldered in ?

#5196 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That’s the main fuse. They put a little rubber cover on them now as a safety feature.

It looks like the fuse is not clipped in at the bottom. It may be just barely contacting the fuse holder.

11 months later
#6743 1 year ago

Maybe Swinks can make the arm. If the ring and rod assemblies they make can take the stress maybe the slingshot arms could also. Just a guess.

2 months later
#7021 1 year ago

I'm not sure if this one will work but the price is right. I have never done business with this company but it looks legit.

https://guitarelectronics.com/bourns-pro-25k-audio-taper-mini-guitar-pot-split-shaft/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1cf6_faw-QIVqBvUAR0NlAziEAQYAiABEgL7-_D_BwE

1 year later
#10073 5 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Question: Were these games assembled with red loctite on ALL the screws?!

That looks like it may be Glyptol. It was used to keep variable resistors from moving. I don't know why they would use it on everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 169.00
$ 69.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
$ 169.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Postal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch?tu=Pinball_Postal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.