Pinside_forum_6864620_0 (resized).jpg
20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 215.
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Yes, pressing the left flipper button only flips the bottom left. Right button flips both right flippers. Pushing in left and holding it in and then pressing right makes the top left one flip. Weird is right haha

It does not sound like it is wired correctly.

You will have a blue/white wire that goes to all flippers.

And then you should have an green wire that goes from the lower left flipper to the upper left flipper.

And you also should have a orange wire that goes from the lower right flipper and up to the upper right flipper.

Caution: I am guessing on the upper flippers in chance that Lightning flippers might be wires like Seawitch. The drawing for Lightning does not show the upper flippers. This needs more research as it is possible Lighting drawing were put out with bad info. as some other Stern drawings.

Here is the Lightning drawing for switches and solenoids.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.17.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.17.41 PM (resized).png

#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you try a Gottlieb link? Pinball Resource has them

Will talk to Steve Young tomorrow, thanks.

#3753 3 years ago

what is everyone doing for new legs? Using Bally?

I have a spare set I can get powder coated, but just wondering what you guys are doing.

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have a spare set I can get powder coated, but just wondering what you guys are doing.

I've just used the classic bally legs from Pinball Life.

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've just used the classic bally legs from Pinball Life.

Same if I can't derust/repaint the original one. They work fine, just the wrong color.

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Williams 27" legs from the 1980's are a close match to vintage Stern legs.

#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

We paint with Hammered Silver

#3758 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Pinball resource has the later plastic version on their specials page. Yeah, you have to put the link into your plunger, but that's not really that hard.

Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you try a Gottlieb link? Pinball Resource has them

Ya for the roll pin just tap it most the way out, swap parts and tap it back through. I did this for a gottlieb sys1 flipper rebuild.

PBR does sell the fiber board in sections so you can make your own arm. Otherwise I think they sell a plunger w/arm and you just need the right length

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

My Hot Hand's slingshot fiber link is broken. I thought a Bally plunger/link (left part in the pic) would work but it's too short and the hole in the fiber link is too small (looks like 3/16" diameter on Bally, 1/4" on Stern). Who if anyone has this part? Prefer the plunger and link as one unit but in a pinch I'll replace the roll pin and link.
[quoted image]

I just replaced some with this from PBL: https://www.pinballlife.com/slingshotballshooter-plunger-and-link-2-18-plunger.html

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Kerry at Mantis has received the Stern sling shot lever that I sent him. He is aware. We wait.

Kerry just sent me an email. He is working on this sling kicker "project". He does not know if he will be able to hit any price points. He needs to know how much you will pay for the kicker lever and the pivot bracket as a pair.

You can go to Pinball Life and look art the pivot bracket for the price.

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=sling%20shot

You can also go to Marco for the kicker levers and se what pricing is like.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=sling%20shot%20&VIEW_SIZE=60&VIEW_INDEX=3&view=card&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

And then come here and say what you will pay for the lever and bracket.

If Kerry does make these they will be made of stainless steel which is a little more expensive.

If you are stuck on some insane price like $5.95 for a pair do not even bother.

What will you give. For a kicker and pivot pair?

And how many would you buy?

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I have mine setup this way. I think I need to have 2 levels for my in-lane plastics. I had the bigger rubber to make the X and Y harder but changed it back for guests to play. I will check out what flipper assemblies I have.
[quoted image]

Quoting this from SR230CC a few pages back because I'm helping a friend set up his Galaxy, and the lane guides aren't even close to a smooth transition to the flipper, and I want to get this playing right. Is it common to make modifications for a smooth transition, like slotting the lane guide holes or something?

IMG_20200905_163714329 (resized).jpgIMG_20200905_163714329 (resized).jpg
#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would be in at $20 for a single kicker/pivot pair.
I would buy two pairs for the one game I own right now. If I thought these would not be available long-term I'd probably buy another two pairs for some future game.
I'd probably be willing to pay a bit more if necessary, but I wouldn't buy spares.

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I would be in at $20 for a single kicker/pivot pair.

That's about what I was thinking, don't need any now but would be in for a hundo worth.

#3764 3 years ago

I'd take at least one pair, $20 each sounds very reasonable.

CaffeineSlug I would try repositioning the entire flipper mech from under the playfield. The hole for the bushing has a bit of play and you should be able to line it up much better. The plastics would shift over time if you were to cut slots into them.

#3765 3 years ago

Quoting this from sr230cc a few pages back because I'm helping a friend set up his Galaxy, and the lane guides aren't even close to a smooth transition to the flipper, and I want to get this playing right. Is it common to make modifications for a smooth transition, like slotting the lane guide holes or something?
[quoted image]

Are the flipper assemblies OEM or new replacements?

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Kerry just sent me an email. He is working on this sling kicker "project". He does not know if he will be able to hit any price points. He needs to know how much you will pay for the kicker lever and the pivot bracket as a pair.
You can go to Pinball Life and look art the pivot bracket for the price.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=sling%20shot
You can also go to Marco for the kicker levers and se what pricing is like.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=sling%20shot%20&VIEW_SIZE=60&VIEW_INDEX=3&view=card&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy
And then come here and say what you will pay for the lever and bracket.
If Kerry does make these they will be made of stainless steel which is a little more expensive.
If you are stuck on some insane price like $5.95 for a pair do not even bother.

At $20 per assembly (kicker lever and pivot bracket), I’d buy two. That’s enough for one pin (two slingshot assemblies) total $40 cost. If the price dropped to $15 per assembly I’d buy eight assemblies.

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

At $20 per assembly (kicker lever and pivot bracket), I’d buy two. That’s enough for one pin (two slingshot assemblies) total $40 cost. If the price dropped to $15 per assembly I’d buy eight assemblies.

Thanks to everybody so far on pricing.

So far, it looks maybe 10 pair. That's not very many. Keep 'em coming.

#3768 3 years ago

Quoting this from sr230cc a few pages back because I'm helping a friend set up his Galaxy, and the lane guides aren't even close to a smooth transition to the flipper, and I want to get this playing right. Is it common to make modifications for a smooth transition, like slotting the lane guide holes or something?
[quoted image]

I would like to see a farther out picture showing the complete lane guide assembly. And also the twin for the pic you posted to get a close up look at the upper end of the guide.

#3769 3 years ago

I'll take a pair

#3770 3 years ago

You are 12. I'll buy a pair for 14.

#3771 3 years ago

[quoted image]

are they bally flippers? I had bally on my big game and was causing terrible ball hop. There is actually considerable size difference in the early bally and early stern flippers.

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:You are 12. I'll buy a pair for 14.

I will take a pair to keep as backups.

#3773 3 years ago

i will take 2 pair

#3774 3 years ago

I’m sure I’m in for at least a pair. Could be more once I start getting through some of my projects.

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I’m sure I’m in for at least a pair. Could be more once I start getting through some of my projects.

You make 20.

#3776 3 years ago

I’ll go two pair

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

are they bally flippers? I had bally on my big game and was causing terrible ball hop. There is actually considerable size difference in the early bally and early stern flippers.

I have to order some stuff. I’ll try and get the correct flippers. Did not realize they were incorrect. I will also post a better picture.

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

I’ll go two pair

That is 22 pairs of a lever/pivot bracket "kit".

I just sent an email to Kerry. If are getting here late, put your desires in and be counted.

#3779 3 years ago

I’d take two pair.

#3780 3 years ago

Answering the galaxy flipper questions:
- mechs are original ("type 1" style)
- it's possible they're bally bats. Owner said they were Stern replacements, but I'm not sure where they came from. The "type 2" replacements on my meteor are definitely smaller, but would only make up about half the difference.
- repositioning the entire mech seems like a good idea, I didn't know how much play was available there. Long-term I think the machine will eventually get a new set of mechs, so I might wait until then just to put fewer holes in the playfield.
- machine is on location so I won't see it for a few days (hopefully). I'll take more pics this weekend.

#3781 3 years ago

I'll take 4 pair.

#3782 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just sent an email to Kerry. If are getting here late, put your desires in and be counted.

I’ll get 4

#3783 3 years ago

I’d buy a minimum of 4 at $20.

#3784 3 years ago

i would go with 2 pairs at least.

#3785 3 years ago

2 at $20 each or 4 at $15

#3786 3 years ago

Put me down for 2 sets plz

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

2 pair for sure, maybe 4....

#3788 3 years ago

I will take 3 pairs

#3789 3 years ago

Kerry says there is enough demand but he will not know his pricing until he gets one built up.

Stand by.

#3790 3 years ago

I would buy at least 2 pairs, thanks cottonm4

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I would buy at least 2 pairs, thanks cottonm4

Don't thank me, yet. He has to get one built and see how much is will cost him. The $20.00 price is a dream price we have set here amount us.

I just told him how many of us would pay $20.00 for one set. He might not be able to meet the $20.00. But he was happy with the demand numbers I shared.

#3792 3 years ago

I’d probably buy 2 pairs.

#3793 3 years ago

I'd probably buy a couple of pairs as well.

I did find the repro ones for sale didn't fit my HG well. Id have to ream out the coil plunger connector for the for it to fit onto the assembly. And the screw holes weren't aligned, but that's minor.

#3794 3 years ago

I'm prolly down for 2 pairs as well....

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The turning point is at Magic/Meteor. Everything up to and including Magic are MPU-100 Sterns.
Everything from Meteor on are the MPU-200 pins. I cannot speak to Cue or Orbitor 1. The MPU-200s are the ones being talked about when classic Sterns are the subject of conversation.

Cue is MPU-200.

FCBA5F6C-29FD-4B41-B6E8-8D560D3F3B2B (resized).jpegFCBA5F6C-29FD-4B41-B6E8-8D560D3F3B2B (resized).jpeg
#3797 3 years ago

I’m in for two

#3798 3 years ago

NEW RELEASES

Stern STARS Reproduction PLAYFIELDS
Stern STARS Reproduction PLASTICS

Some of you have been waiting years for these - another one of the old CPR Boutique Zone playfields has emerged! This playfield only collected a few dozen names across 3-4 years, but now it's viable to produce under our current production model.

ALSO - STARS Plastics are now released as well, so along with the STARS Backglass we've had out for a while, complete restoration "Trilogies" are possible under the traditional CPR Bundling policy. Take plastics or backglass (or both) with your playfield shipment - and get $60-off and $70-off each, respectively. Plus savings of combined shipping, rather than buying and shipping separately later on.

First playfield batch has emerged from clearcoat as of friday, ready for shipping now. A second batch is close behind, making its way through clearcoat among the most recent production load... they are about 3 weeks away. We'll see how these go, and decide if and when to produce more in the long term.

The PLAYFIELD can be found in the Playfield section of the web site, with Bundle Configuration Tool for combo-shipping glass or plastics.

The PLASTICS can be found in the Plastics section of the web site, for those who just want to replace smashed plastics.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/stars-kit/

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/stars-2/

Thanks

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

september-homepage2020.jpgseptember-homepage2020.jpg

starsplas01.jpgstarsplas01.jpg

stars01.jpgstars01.jpg

#3799 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

NEW RELEASES
Stern STARS Reproduction PLAYFIELDS
Stern STARS Reproduction PLASTICS
Some of you have been waiting years for these - another one of the old CPR Boutique Zone playfields has emerged! This playfield only collected a few dozen names across 3-4 years, but now it's viable to produce under our current production model.
ALSO - STARS Plastics are now released as well, so along with the STARS Backglass we've had out for a while, complete restoration "Trilogies" are possible under the traditional CPR Bundling policy. Take plastics or backglass (or both) with your playfield shipment - and get $60-off and $70-off each, respectively. Plus savings of combined shipping, rather than buying and shipping separately later on.
First playfield batch has emerged from clearcoat as of friday, ready for shipping now. A second batch is close behind, making its way through clearcoat among the most recent production load... they are about 3 weeks away. We'll see how these go, and decide if and when to produce more in the long term.
The PLAYFIELD can be found in the Playfield section of the web site, with Bundle Configuration Tool for combo-shipping glass or plastics.
The PLASTICS can be found in the Plastics section of the web site, for those who just want to replace smashed plastics.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/stars-kit/
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/stars-2/
Thanks
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is awesome to see!

#3800 3 years ago

Wow, that came out of nowhere! Excellent

Almost makes me glad I sold my NOS stars PF ....?

Edit: posted in stars group as well, but I'm now in need of the 2 pin lockdown bar, or the newer style with the receiver for my stars project....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 959.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 169.00
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 215.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.