Topic Stats

• 2,942 posts
  • 226 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 934 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3288 (resized).JPG
f2ca4529bc63e8d40decd7fc5eb4a78082554b59 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.13.50 PM (resized).png
2973B0BA-8B3A-4309-B546-528858C31243 (resized).jpeg
92988E06-F7FC-4609-B913-53F453F7412E (resized).jpeg
IMG_3281 (resized).JPG
IMG_3280 (resized).JPG
IMG_3279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3278 (resized).JPG
IMG_3273 (resized).JPG
IMG_3275 (resized).JPG
IMG_3274 (resized).JPG
13118500c1f07ab85a879f952c34211350108185.jpeg (resized).jpg
DF5C94B8-05DC-4777-B430-EA0FBE143B54 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3612 (resized).jpg
12ED23ED-9408-41E5-A278-DF073DF424E9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2942 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 59.
#2751 38 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:

My Quicksilver can't wait for one of these!

Your other one can't wait either

#2752 37 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

we do silk screen shirts and clothing. For plastics and stuff like that we UV printer and full laser cut/router we can cut things to shape

I’ll hit you up for sure!
I just officially picked up this lass!

411DD35F-D55C-46B0-A1F0-32C83E27F95B.jpeg
#2753 37 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

For plastics and stuff like that we UV printer and full laser cut/router we can cut things to shape

Interesting, curious to hear more about this. Could be something the pinheads here could benefit from on out of production, low run items?

#2754 37 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ll hit you up for sure!
I just officially picked up this lass![quoted image]

Glad you got her home safe. Sorry I missed you this morning, would have liked to have met you in person. Thanks for still coming when I couldn't be there to meet you. Play her to death and enjoy!!

#2755 36 days ago

What do we think the market cap would be for an over the top restored STARS?

This one may be avail at Allentown: A. If I decide to sell it & B. If I get it done in time....

CPR BG, Mint clear coated PF, all new Pinitech uno displays, Alltek Trifecta, new rectifier, all new everything (posts, plastics, pop bumper, targets etc) on the PF. Restored & stenciled cabinet, all new ground braid, lamp sockets, comet LED's, all mechs rebuilt, all new coils in the chimes etc etc. Every nut/bolt/screw polished etc. I'll have well over 200 hours in this thing when done... Just not sure it will be worth selling because STARS never bring big $ like the rarer STERNS, although I have never seen one taken to anywhere near this level before so.... hard to get feel for what it would be worth. Not my favorite game, but may just end up keeping it.

IMG_20200222_193857 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_193906 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_193913 (resized).jpg
#2756 36 days ago

Good question...no idea but a drunk guess would be 1800-2100?

#2757 35 days ago

How nice / new is the playfield and what kind of clear job did it get?

#2758 35 days ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

What do we think the market cap would be for an over the top restored STARS?

I think that depends on several things, mainly the quality of the restoration and what someone is willing to pay. But it’s hard to tell On yours from the 3 pictures you posted.

#2759 35 days ago

Post more pics of the Stars. Might be interested.

#2760 35 days ago

You guys must have missed the part about it MIGHT be done by Pinfest (Early May) It's far from done right now.... cabinet is just about finished along with coin door. Backbox is stripped & in process of being repaired, PF is stripped & getting ready for clear. I was simply just wondering what people think a very high end STARS would be worth when done. It seems no one ever takes these non rare games to this kind of level.

I've done quite a few Bally & Stern Restos over the past few years, but am taking this one to "the next level" at least for me.... using everything I have learned restoring cabinets, touching up PF's, clearing PF's etc on those other games to take this one to new heights.

Couple pics of few of the jobs I have done in last couple years, these were all quite nice, but STARS will be on the next level. Just new territory for me as this is a game that most people think of as a $800-$1000 game. Probably out of my mind for going nuts with it, but what the heck. I'm also currently restoring another Playboy, a Seawitch that is almost done & a Cheetah... STARS just doesn't quite fit in with those other 3 in my shop right now lol.

I'll keep posting update pics as I go along.

3312429d924dfdcc240ed9ec9d3040e3d667cde6 (resized).jpg8f03b26c8b65724e16f529ae5e1414c23e9e2890 (resized).jpgc0a86b4f5ce15c7134df6b7588b4debbd9f58e5d (resized).jpgc1475e6eaeaa6e0573d019f470e6b3b59432e906 (resized).jpgd0cc1b379be0e4a1efb8c73791436d4f3053e080 (resized).jpg
#2761 35 days ago

Those all look great, but good Lord, that Trident looks amazing!

#2762 35 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Those all look great, but good Lord, that Trident looks amazing!

Thanks...If you want to see more of it, I had a dedicated thread on Trident here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-trident-poseidon-lives

Fun game.

#2763 34 days ago

I hope to get my Dracula looking that good one day. Amazing work.

1 week later
#2764 27 days ago

Coil stops pulled out of a 1981 Dragonfist yesterday...

dragonfist coil stops (resized).jpg
#2765 27 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Coil stops pulled out of a 1981 Dragonfist yesterday...[quoted image]

The button for the copper one has enough meat on it that you can cinch it back down with some hammer taps. I'm not sure about the silver ones.

#2766 27 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The button for the copper one has enough meat on it that you can cinch it back down with some hammer taps. I'm not sure about the silver ones.

I just replaced them with new ones, the game was due for them I'm sure.

#2767 27 days ago

I had a couple like that in my Freefall too.

#2768 27 days ago

I've had a bunch like that in my ___ Classic Stern

#2769 26 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've had a bunch like that in my __ Classic Stern

You can remove the “classic” part of that statement. All brand new sterns so this too. They fail like that immediately.

#2770 26 days ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

You can remove the “classic” part of that statement. All brand new sterns so this too. They fail like that immediately.

The difference is that classic Sterns went 10,000+ games before needing new coil stops. Nib Sterns last what 500 games...if you’re lucky

#2771 26 days ago

I guess I must be living right. My Munsters is still rolling right along.

My friend who has Beatles, Spiderman, Batman 66, AC-DC, Aerosmith, Deadpool. Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things is flailing away without issue. DP, JP, and ST just came off route and are working great.

I cannot agree with your statement that all brand new Sterns do this, too. Maybe me and my friend are on a lonely island, but I don't think so.

I'm guessing that a bad batch was bought and not discovered until in the marketplace seeing action.

#2772 26 days ago

Just to keep the facts straight.

I did replace 1 coil stop on my Beatles around 3000 plays and 1 in Mettalica around 2000 plays.
Other than that the only issues I am having are flickering or lights going out in the GI on BM66 (swapped nodes didn't fix)

My pins get a lot of play as I have friends over frequently!
I am definitely living right!

#2773 26 days ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

Just to keep the facts straight.
I did replace 1 coil stop on my Beatles around 3000 plays and 1 in Mettalica around 2000 plays.
Other than that the only issues I am having are flickering or lights going out in the GI on BM66 (swapped nodes didn't fix)
My pins get a lot of play as I have friends over frequently!
I am definitely living right!

you Lurker, you. I want to have another go at your DP. Tonite is pool tournament night. If I go in there and a bunch of people are coughing and sneezing, I'll back out the door and come by

#2774 26 days ago

Attention fellow Classic Stern Nerds: YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED!

Got the tournament decal tests in. I think they both look great, I'm actually going with the holo version on my personal machines.

These are macro shots, so that texture you see in the blacks does not show from a few inches away and looks solid black in person. Yellow text is nice and shiny, again hard to capture.

If you'd like some of your own, please PM me with how many you'd like and which version you prefer along with your shipping information.

Feel free to mix and match.

I will not take any money until these are ready to ship, I'll give it a couple weeks to collect a tally/order and then should be another couple to receive and drop in the mail.

These will be mailed in 6X8 cardboard photo mailers.

Cost? 3 U.S. dollars a piece plus 5 dollars shipping to continental US or 7 to Canada.

PayPal Friends/Family (just your username in comments) or venmo works for payment.

Cheers!

04_holo (resized).png03_holo (resized).png02_Foil (resized).png01_Foil (resized).png
#2775 26 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Got the tournament decal tests in. I think they both look great, I'm actually going with the holo version on my personal machines.
These are macro shots, so that texture you see in the blacks does not show from a few inches away and looks solid black in person. Yellow text is nice and shiny, again hard to capture.
If you'd like some of your own, please PM me with how many you'd like and which version you prefer along with your shipping information.
Feel free to mix and match.
I will not take any money until these are ready to ship, I'll give it a couple weeks to collect a tally/order and then should be another couple to receive and drop in the mail.
These will be mailed in 6X8 cardboard photo mailers.
Cost? 3 U.S. dollars a piece plus 5 dollars shipping to continental US or 7 to Canada.
PayPal Friends/Family (just your username in comments) or venmo works for payment.
Cheers![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I like the foil unit. For $3.00 each, I might fantasize and put one on all my Sterns, whether Papa recognized them or not.

#2776 26 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks great. I like the foil unit. For $3.00 each, I might fantasize and put one on all my Sterns, whether Papa recognized them or not.

I'm doing the same. I've always been enthralled with the way these look. First four are on the house, thanks for taking the time to get me those reference shots!

#2777 26 days ago

I'm doing the same. I've always been enthralled with the way these look. First four are on the house, thanks for taking the time to get me those reference shots!

Thank you. And you are welcome. You did a great job.

#2778 26 days ago

Like everybody else I mosey around my collection and play a little of this and a little of that. Big Game is back on rotation. It never fails to satisfy.

#2779 26 days ago

Can;t wait to wake up hung over some day next week and see these on my mahcines!

And my car.

And maybe my cat.

#2780 25 days ago

Got the tournament decal tests in. I think they both look great

Wow, they look AMAZING man. I'm very impressed with your skillz.

#2781 25 days ago

I like them. Really, really well done!

#2782 25 days ago

Wow fantastic! I'm gonna have to order some for the future.

#2783 25 days ago

Thanks all. This is shaping up to be a pretty large run!

The cut-off for orders will be March 14th. I'll keep a few extras on hand but I'm providing these at cost basically so I'm not going crazy with a stockpile.

I installed the holo on my Quicksilver. Looks amazing to me, but at some angles it does get pretty shiny!

Here's a quick video showcasing the difference between standard foil (bottom one) and holo:

Also, here's a quick snap of how the holo fits my apron. Foil is same size obviously.

Again, no money to me until I have these in hand and ready to go. Should be early April.

holoRef.jpg
#2784 25 days ago

The cut-off for orders will be March 14th

Idiot question - did I miss how you are taking orders?

#2785 25 days ago

Just announced it a few posts up! Just PM how many you want of each version and I'll bug you for money in early April when I have everything in hand. $3 a pop, $5 shipping and handling continental US / $7 Canada. International I'd need to figure out depending on the country.

#2786 25 days ago

I installed the holo on my Quicksilver. Looks amazing to me, but at some angles it does get pretty shiny!
[quoted image]

Would you mind sending me the Quicksilver so I can see the difference for myself?
Then I'll know which ones to order

#2787 25 days ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Would you mind sending me the Quicksilver so I can see the difference for myself?
Then I'll know which ones to order

It would be better if you sent me your Dragonfist to test fit it. Speaking of Quicksilver, does anybody have any original apron cards they'd like to sell me?

#2788 25 days ago

Just announced it a few posts up! Just PM how many you want of each version and I'll bug you for money in early April when I have everything in hand. $3 a pop, $5 shipping and handling continental US / $7 Canada. International I'd need to figure out depending on the country.

D'oh! Awesome.

#2789 25 days ago

You should both bring your games to PATZ and add them to the classic Stern row for comparison. April 16-18 in Kalamazoo, MI. Short trip, lot's of fun.

#2790 25 days ago

Which Stern games originally came with the Tournament apron decals? Or were these added later? I know my Meteor has one, but my Stars and Nine Ball do not.

#2791 25 days ago

I think it was added during the Meteor runs? because some Meteor's left the factory withOUT them. (Mine included..)

#2792 25 days ago

It was a Steve Kirk thing, Meteor and Nine Ball would have been the 2 that came with it.

It wasn't in existence when stars came out so it wasn't on that apron.

#2793 25 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think it was added during the Meteor runs? because some Meteor's left the factory withOUT them. (Mine included..)

Yeah, my Meteor didn't come with it, either.

#2794 25 days ago

To the thread:

I had put some playfields for sale on the 2020 Golden State Pinball Festival, but it looks like Stern Wild Fyre might be available again. NOS, drilled and dimpled for $1000. Will bundle it with others for sale for a lower price.

I will add this to the Playfields for sale thread, but thought that I would post it here first. Thanks.

MLVS2652 (resized).JPGMZXR9099 (resized).JPG
#2795 25 days ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

To the thread:
I had put some playfields for sale on the 2020 Golden State Pinball Festival, but it looks like Stern Wild Fyre might be available again. NOS, drilled and dimpled for $1000. Will bundle it with others for sale for a lower price.
I will add this to the Playfields for sale thread, but thought that I would post it here first. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d love to grab that and do the swap but can’t swallow that 1k pill for a 600$ game

#2796 25 days ago

I’d love to grab that and do the swap but can’t swallow that 1k pill for a 600$ game

Agreed, not for everyone.

But then again, I see people snapping up playfields for Bally Eight Ball, Night Rider, Mata Hari and others. $400 games with $900 playfields.

#2797 25 days ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Agreed, not for everyone.
But then again, I see people snapping up playfields for Bally Eight Ball, Night Rider, Mata Hari and others. $400 games with $900 playfields.

I haven't seen one of those sell for $400 in a long time, unless it was beat or missing boards. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places....

#2798 25 days ago

Working on first classic stern restore, Seawitch.
Rebuilding pop bumpers can’t remember where brass washer go? Is it correct in picture?

0AEF3AFC-A5DC-4BF1-9DF4-FF75A1C3B288 (resized).jpeg
#2799 25 days ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Working on first classic stern restore, Seawitch.
Rebuilding pop bumpers can’t remember where brass washer go? Is it correct in picture?[quoted image]

Not sure where your brass washer goes. I don't have any on my pops.

IMG_3193 (resized).JPG

IMG_3194 (resized).JPG

But you are missing two spacers that go between the metal plate and the bottom side of the light socket cup.

IMG_3196 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

#2800 25 days ago

They go below the nylon spacer you pointed out that he’s missing. They raise the whole body ever so slightly so the skirt is a little higher than the playfield for better sensitivity.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookfield, CT
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2942 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 59.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside