Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 10.08.59 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_2237 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2236 (resized).png
IMG_2235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5334 (resized).jpeg
received_370555139185864 (resized).jpeg
received_771951581167939 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 214.
#2651 4 years ago

I've got a spare backglass as well, and I had a 100% populated extra playfield at one point too. I could have build one from the parts!! But when I owned them no one wanted them, and someone actually poked fun at me because I paid $400 for my machine. "Sucker" I believe was the term used.

#2652 4 years ago

Maybe this is a simple question... maybe not.

Not a huge issue but every time I turn off the power to my Lectronamo it deletes the High Score. Is there a cheap and easy fix to this?

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Maybe this is a simple question... maybe not.
Not a huge issue but every time I turn off the power to my Lectronamo it deletes the High Score. Is there a cheap and easy fix to this?

You have a working battery on it or nvram?

#2654 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

You have a working battery on it or nvram?

Guessing battery is toast. Just got into Pinball machines, so learning as I go.
NVRAM an easy install to avoid battery corrosion?

#2655 4 years ago

In that game, it should be, most early Stern boards have the 5101 Ram chip (U8) socketed already. Remove existing Battery, pop out the old 5101 , install new NVram. Be sure to orient the chip properly before powering back up(look for the notch or pin1)

#2656 4 years ago

Brent sells these inexpensively and he's just down the road from you near Toronto. ebay.com link: Pinball 5101 NVRAM Module Bally Williams System 3 7 Gottlieb System 80 A B

Much better than paying the international shipping.

#2657 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Brent sells these inexpensively and he's just down the road from you near Toronto. ebay.com link » Pinball 5101 Nvram Module Bally Williams System 3 7 Gottlieb System 80 A B
Much better than paying the international shipping.

I saw that yesterday on eBay!
Was gonna grab one!

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

In that game, it should be, most early Stern boards have the 5101 Ram chip (U8) socketed already. Remove existing Battery, pop out the old 5101 , install new NVram. Be sure to orient the chip properly before powering back up(look for the notch or pin1)

Is U8 to socket I should be looking for? There is no battery or battery box that I can see so must have been removed previously.

#2659 4 years ago

Is U8 to socket I should be looking for? There is no battery or battery box that I can see so must have been removed previously.

Post a pic of the mpu board

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Post a pic of the mpu board

This bottom one?

20200120_130301 (resized).jpg20200120_130301 (resized).jpg
#2661 4 years ago

Yes, the Bottom one, that has U8 right next to it.
note the notch on the left side of the chip. the NVram must be installed the same way.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

Yes, the Bottom one, that has U8 right next to it.
note the notch on the left side of the chip. the NVram must be installed the same way.

Awesome.
Thank you!

#2663 4 years ago

My next project... I'm sure I will be here for quite a bit of help...

lightning (resized).jpglightning (resized).jpg
#2664 4 years ago

Has anyone made replacement coind door inserts that reference "Tokens" instead of Quarters, Dimes, SBA Dollars?

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

That power switch is why I started making switch covers for these. Live AC voltage at those terminals whenever the game is plugged in, and nothing stopping you from touching it with your fingers or tools when working on other stuff.

Sooo I was testing galaxy last night. Got power to the rectifier and wasn’t sure about the power switch.... after that lovely feeling I ordered your cover

#2666 4 years ago

This bottom one?[quoted image]

That's a nice clean board.

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

My next project... I'm sure I will be here for quite a bit of help...[quoted image]

If you need any parts I have 2 populated playfields.

#2668 4 years ago

My galaxy spinner is not the stock one. Is there a place to find spinner or recreate?

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sooo I was testing galaxy last night. Got power to the rectifier and wasn’t sure about the power switch.... after that lovely feeling I ordered your cover

LOL I may use a version of this post in my advertising from now on.
Glad you're ok though, that's the important part. The first time that 120vac hits you it can be an interesting experience.

-Hans

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

LOL I may use a version of this post in my advertising from now on.
Glad you're ok though, that's the important part. The first time that 120vac hits you it can be an interesting experience.
-Hans

Hahah, yeah it wasn’t the warm fuzzy feeling I was going for, knowing my game had power... :-p

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Has anyone made replacement coind door inserts that reference "Tokens" instead of Quarters, Dimes, SBA Dollars?

I don't know if what you are looking for is here but there are many to choose from.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=coin%20plate&VIEW_SIZE=60&VIEW_INDEX=2&view=card&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

That power switch is why I started making switch covers for these. Live AC voltage at those terminals whenever the game is plugged in, and nothing stopping you from touching it with your fingers or tools when working on other stuff.

Had an interesting experience while soldering in a game with the power off. The spool of solder was in the cabinet bottom dangling around and manage to go across 120vac. Load pop and puff of smoke. The strand solder acted like a fuse.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That's a nice clean board.

The machine is in pretty great shape... especially for what I paid.

#2674 4 years ago

Basically, once of these, but that references 'Tokens' instead of actual currency:
http://www.pbresource.com/coindoor/ccm-13c-2-59.jpg

#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Basically, once of these, but that references 'Tokens' instead of actual currency:
http://www.pbresource.com/coindoor/ccm-13c-2-59.jpg

Check with ULEKstore If he doesn't have it, he might be able to make it for you.

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Check with ulekstore If he doesn't have it, he might be able to make it for you.

Thanks, will ping him!

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahah, yeah it wasn’t the warm fuzzy feeling I was going for, knowing my game had power..

Have done the same thing, except 220-240V gives you a lovely kick. Did it twice in 1 hour before I walked away for the night.

#2678 4 years ago

Favor time. Could somebody scan me a picture of the following PAA Tournament decal? I've seen some on a few machines here.

I'd like to redraw it in Illustrator and have it printed on die-cut metallic foil... but the PAA logo would be better as a retouched bitmap hence the scan request. I'll probably get a bunch made as the price between one vs. twenty is negligible. Will follow up here when I get them made if anybody would like one.

In my case, I have a perfect apron on my Quicksilver aside from some minor wear on the upper right side. The game itself is restored and it's making me itchy knowing it's there

Rather than decaling the other-wise gorgeous screen print it I'd prefer to cover it with this, which I happen to think looks pretty dang cool.

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 10.25.32 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-24 at 10.25.32 AM (resized).png

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Favor time. Could somebody scan me a picture of the following PAA Tournament decal? I've seen some on a few machines here.
I'd like to redraw it in Illustrator and have it printed on die-cut metallic foil... but the PAA logo would be better as a retouched bitmap hence the scan request. I'll probably get a bunch made as the price between one vs. twenty is negligible. Will follow up here when I get them made if anybody would like one.
In my case, I have a perfect apron on my Quicksilver aside from some minor wear on the upper right side. The game itself is restored and it's making me itchy knowing it's there
Rather than decaling the other-wise gorgeous screen print it I'd prefer to cover it with this, which I happen to think looks pretty dang cool.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have one I can scan for you. But you will have to wait for 2-4 days as I get my schedule caught up.

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have one I can scan for you. But you will have to wait for 2-4 days as I get my schedule caught up.

Amazing. No rush and thanks a million!

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Have done the same thing, except 220-240V gives you a lovely kick. Did it twice in 1 hour before I walked away for the night.

ouch! Yeah, I would of ran away for the night

#2682 4 years ago

Will follow up here when I get them made if anybody would like one.

Mark me down for one. I would absolutely love this.

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Mark me down for one. I would absolutely love this.

Same.

#2684 4 years ago

Happy to cover anybody that wants one!

Rather than clog this thread with “I’ll take one” comments, let me circle back once I get this made and I’m happy with it... at which point I’ll then post a picture and invite anybody that wants one to PM me.

Not looking to make a profit on these so would be actual shipping / packaging and whatever the sticker costs to produce.

#2685 4 years ago

I'm officially on the hunt:

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

I'm officially on the hunt:

Liking your classic Sterns, I see.

There is a lot to like.

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Liking your classic Sterns, I see.

There is a lot to like.

Yes, I have about 30 total games but my Classic Sterns get the most play - by far.

#2688 4 years ago

getadam, which is the favourite of your classic sterns

#2689 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How did this happen? Short story: I added credits on my Big Game. The upper limit for credits is supposed to be 40. When I had zero credits, I hit the credit button and wound up with 99 credits on the display.
I'm not complaining but this is not supposed to happen.
Any ideas?
I am using the Stern MPU-200 board.
[quoted image]

I read something related to this while cleaning up a scan of a Catacomb manual. The limit is for won games only. You can coin up to 99 credits.
once there are (limit) coins on the game, you don't win any more until the number is below (limit) credits.

Catacomb page 10 (resized).jpgCatacomb page 10 (resized).jpg

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

getadam, which is the favourite of your classic sterns

Nine Ball!

#2693 4 years ago

Rofl says the guy with his for sale

#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I still love it! But space is limited!

#2695 4 years ago

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Wow that sticker is cool. I have an office that's a block away! Good luck making those!

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

For sale where?

#2697 4 years ago

#2699 4 years ago

Gee 6K for a Nine ball? I though they went for less than half that. Better to grab a new stern pro at that price.

#2700 4 years ago

Cripes that's over $600 per ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
There are 10,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 214.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/54?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.