Topic Stats

• 2,419 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by hisokajp
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 727 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6154 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191027_184835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
IMG_2264 (resized).JPG
IMG_2230 (resized).JPG
IMG_2234 (resized).JPG
IMG_2231 (resized).JPG
IMG_2232 (resized).JPG
20191021_162604.jpg
IMG_20191019_134829986 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_20191020_174420 (resized).jpg
Stern_Galaxy_solenoids.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2419 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 49.
#2401 8 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Want to sample a 3D printed one?

Count me in, both meteor’s I have are missing it as well. Seems like an odd part to rob...

#2402 8 days ago

I'll get a half dozen sampled printed up, first come first serve, and 3 already claimed.

-Hans

#2403 8 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I'd sample a 3D printed one. It is just a button and a dual diameter shaft. Sort of off-white bone color. Do you need a specimen for modeling purpose?

#2404 8 days ago

No need for a sample, I happen to have an original sitting next to my keyboard but I hadn't had a chance to knock out the 3D model of it. Already have a couple printed. I see you also sent me a text.

So, that I think claims all 6 of the samples..... if folks would kindly PM me their addresses I can get them on the way.

These will be a normal white for now, closest I have on-hand for material at the moment.

-Hans

#2405 6 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

The side art was cool. She did a nice job on the game.

Just bought a Lectronamo with pretty crappy back glass. Do you have pics of her re-theme... think my wife would love a wonderwoman re-themed backglass. Colours are perfect.

Added 6 days ago:

Edit:
Got a hold of her... looks fantastic!!!

This may be the plan for the future of my machine (but... will keep original parts or purist sake)

#2406 6 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Hi, HHaase, how can I sample a 3D printed Stern start button? I need one for "Pinball"...

#2407 6 days ago
Quoted from DCP:

Hi, HHaase, how can I sample a 3D printed Stern start button? I need one for "Pinball"...

I can do one more freebie, sure. Shoot me your address and I'll try to get it mailed in my order queue tonight.

#2408 4 days ago

I have a Lectronamo with the original SB-100. I've been reading that it has "chime circuitry" that can be used, but can't find any guides or anybody that has said "yeah I've done that". Is it really as easy as wiring up an existing chime box and flipping a dip switch on the MPU, or am I misunderstanding what it means by chime circuitry? I don't see any tip102s on the SB-100, so how does it work, send a signal back to the MPU which tells the SDU to fire the correct chime coil?

#2409 3 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I have a Lectronamo with the original SB-100. I've been reading that it has "chime circuitry" that can be used, but can't find any guides or anybody that has said "yeah I've done that". Is it really as easy as wiring up an existing chime box and flipping a dip switch on the MPU, or am I misunderstanding what it means by chime circuitry? I don't see any tip102s on the SB-100, so how does it work, send a signal back to the MPU which tells the SDU to fire the correct chime coil?

Get with Scott Charles on this. The original code only supports the "chime circuitry" on the SB-100 that is populated with the chime circuitry (read fully populated SB-100 board).

Scott has been rewriting the code for games that use the SB-100 to handle chimes. The Nugent PF I had at the York Show had chime support. It's much, much better. I can't stand the sounds out of the SB-100.

Jim

PS Wild Fyre can be coded for chimes too!

#2410 3 days ago

And lectronamo uses the same roms as nugent.

#2411 3 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

And lectronamo uses the same roms as nugent.

So it's basically done already

Minus start up and game over tunes, though....

#2412 3 days ago

But how does it work? Are the chimes connected to the SDU like the other coils? What is the role of the sound board in this? It seems like with a ROM change necessary it would just be switch -> MPU -> SDU instead of switch -> MPU -> SB-100 -> MPU -> SDU.

I'm assuming the SB-100 doesn't drive the coils but maybe I'm wrong. The schematics for Lectronamo didn't have anything indicating where chimes would be connected.

#2413 3 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

But how does it work? Are the chimes connected to the SDU like the other coils? What is the role of the sound board in this? It seems like with a ROM change necessary it would just be switch -> MPU -> SDU instead of switch -> MPU -> SB-100 -> MPU -> SDU.
I'm assuming the SB-100 doesn't drive the coils but maybe I'm wrong. The schematics for Lectronamo didn't have anything indicating where chimes would be connected.

It’s a mod, never had it that way from the factory. Not sure what else is involved

#2414 3 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

It’s a mod, never had it that way from the factory. Not sure what else is involved

I'd be down to do this to my Stern Magic. My Meteor had a Bally chime box laying in the cab when I got it, so, I believe I have the necessary parts.

#2415 3 days ago

It's a rom change. You connect the chime box to unused outputs on the solenoid driver board.

Then you disconnect the mpu100 as it's not going to be utilized anymore.

Magic already is in beta test for this, it's working except for the start up tune, and Nugent was the first one, that has no start up or game over tune.... but the chimes certainly work. Both games use different unused coils but it's not too hard to hook up - you need solenoid voltage to the coils (available from the coin door solenoid) and a couple of wires. You might want to put a connector inline with it as well so you can still take the playfield out if needed (most of the unused solenoids depending on the game are on the playfield solenoid connector)

For the original person questioning the "chime like" they are referring to the sound board being very simple and producing chime-like noises, i.e. really simple repetitive sounds. They never intended nor built in from the factory a 'switch' between actual chimes and the sound boards' sounds.

The 100 sound board is ok if its the lower pitched variety, I don't mind it on my Hot Hand, but the high pitched one is god awful.

#2416 2 days ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I'd be down to do this to my Stern Magic. My Meteor had a Bally chime box laying in the cab when I got it, so, I believe I have the necessary parts.

Until Scott adds the start up tune, you'll be good with the Bally chime box. You'll just be missing the one "extra" chime, when the game ends. There are single Bally chime boxes out there for solid state games at least.

#2417 2 days ago

Someone said Nugent is the same ROM as Lectronamo, is this the case? If so, how do I get the ROM? Happy to make a donation to the cause or help beat test. Also have a Wild Fyre I can convert if you're planning on ever working on that one.

#2418 2 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Someone said Nugent is the same ROM as Lectronamo, is this the case? If so, how do I get the ROM? Happy to make a donation to the cause or help beat test. Also have a Wild Fyre I can convert if you're planning on ever working on that one.

Yes, it's the same. Contact Scott, or I can send the binaries to you.

#2419 2 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Magic already is in beta test for this, it's working except for the start up tune, and Nugent was the first one, that has no start up or game over tune.... but the chimes certainly work. Both games use different unused coils but it's not too hard to hook up - you need solenoid voltage to the coils (available from the coin door solenoid) and a couple of wires. You might want to put a connector inline with it as well so you can still take the playfield out if needed (most of the unused solenoids depending on the game are on the playfield solenoid connector)

that would definitely be cool on my Magic, happy to help with the Beta testing if needed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Freedom , PA
There are 2419 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside