Pinside_forum_6864620_0 (resized).jpg
20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 215.
#2001 4 years ago

Thoroughly enjoying my newly acquired Nine Ball. For those who commented on or were following the led issue of flickering in the first row of numbered lights I decided to leave it as is. It’s only noticeable at the start of the ball when they are all lit. Maybe later I will address it but for now it’s all good.

C259F779-5480-4374-BDCD-A962F67193D5 (resized).jpegC259F779-5480-4374-BDCD-A962F67193D5 (resized).jpeg
#2002 4 years ago

Wow, that Nine Ball is very clean! Congratulations!

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stern made two styles of lockdown bar receiver assemblies. The early ones, like Dracula, may or may not have the ball and socket type of receiver. The later Sterns replaced the ball and socket with a slotted type of receiver.
If you have a slotted type of lockdown bar, you may be in luck.
Stern/Data East used the same style of lockdown bars as found on the classic Sterns form Ali and on. My DE Robocop lockdown bar will fit on all of my Sterns.
If you have the slotted style of lockdown bar this receiver should work OK.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6881-00
This is a DE lock bar that works with that receiver. I don't know if this is wide body or not. Pay attention.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5757-00
Pinball Life also has the slotted receiver.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-front-molding-lockdown-bar-receiver-assembly.html
If you do have the ball and socket type of lockdown bar and do not wish to change and if you really want a ball and socket receiver, your best way to source this part is put up WTB ads, or watch Ebay. Be caeful with Ebay; Lots of sellers will not know the difference.
Or in general, just get ready to beg.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I understand. You are wanting the lockdown receiver. It is in the back in this pic. The two Stern bars for narrow and wide both have the same part number for the copper colored bar receiver. The black lockdown bar is the very same as the Stern narrow body with different part numbers.
All 3 of these bars are interchangeable. Other than you are not going to place a narrow body bar on wide body cab.
[quoted image]
Call Pinball Life and ask if the 500-5757-00 wide body lockdown bar will fit into the 500-6881-00 receiver. If they say it will fit then your search is over.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsega-widebody-front-molding-black.html
[quoted image]
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-front-molding-lockdown-bar-receiver-assembly.html
[quoted image]

Bad news, Mike confirmed that the Data East/Sega lockdown does NOT fit, and that the new Stern Receiver will NOT accommodate the old Stern lockdown.

However he just happened to have an Orbitor 1 Lockdown Bar! So it’s a win, just gotta locate a Classic Stern receiver still, none of the usual suspects, I’ve been suggested by helpful Pinsiders, have them. They’re extremely elusive.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bad news, Mike confirmed that the Data East/Sega lockdown does NOT fit, and that the new Stern Receiver will NOT accommodate the old Stern lockdown.
However he just happened to have an Orbitor 1 Lockdown Bar! So it’s a win, just gotta locate a Classic Stern receiver still, none of the usual suspects, I’ve been suggested by helpful Pinsiders, have them. They’re extremely elusive.

I do not completely understand. Pinball Life sells DE lockdown bars. And they don't have any receivers to fit the DE bars they sell? I'm glad you scored yourself a Big Game--Orbitor 1 lockdown bar. And none of the receivers they had will fit?

On the left is my Nine Ball bar receiver. One the right in my Data East Robocop bar receiver. They are the same.

BTW, From Ali and on, Stern produced two lockdown bars. One bar is for the narrow body pins such as Seawitch, Quicksilver, etc. And there is the wide body lockdown bar for Big Game, Cheetah, Freefall, and I feel safe in saying Orbitor 1 will use the same lockdown bar.

Pinball Life is selling DE widebody lock bars and narrow body bars. I would think that one of the receivers Pinball Life sells would fit the DE bars that are selling. But who knows?

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 4.19.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-13 at 4.19.40 PM (resized).png IMG_1726 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPG

This is my Nine Ball lockdown bar mounted to DE Robocop.

IMG_1728 (resized).JPGIMG_1728 (resized).JPG

This is my DE Robocop lockdown bar mounted to Nine Ball.
IMG_1729 (resized).JPGIMG_1729 (resized).JPG

This is my Big Game lockdown bar mounted to Robocop.

IMG_1731 (resized).JPGIMG_1731 (resized).JPGIMG_1732 (resized).JPGIMG_1732 (resized).JPG

These all cross fit.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Hey Dragonfist owners. I've got good news. I recently bought a Dragonfist and desperately wanted new plastics.

So, I contacted CPR and we worked out a deal to move them into production. They are already in progress and they will be out later this year and for sale to the general public!

So glad I could give back to the community a bit. And thanks crazylevi for turning me on to Classic Sterns and gizmonic for your Dragonfist (and Stargazer) streams. You guys really got me into these awesome games.

Ok Dragonfist owners, they are ready for order! Go get em: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/dragonfist/

#2006 4 years ago

Am in the nine ball club. Does anyone know if there is a playfield for this? I don’t need it but with my quicksilver and soon meteor about to get a new play field I will want to do nine ball.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Am in the nine ball club. Does anyone know if there is a playfield for this? I don’t need it but with my quicksilver and soon meteor about to get a new play field I will want to do nine ball.

Congrats Neil. Nine Ball is probably my fav early SS. There's no repro PF's but if someone makes them I'd be in too.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Any info on the Rotor Relay in the backbox for 1982 Iron Maiden . It looks to hook up to the big lamp. In need of one. Thanks.

Bump, seeing if any further info is out for this.

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Probably have to beg for that one next, although I thought CPR or someone had it on their “awaiting preorder” list since they needed a certain amount committed.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Bump, seeing if any further info is out for this.

Unfortunately I haven't found any further info on it either. Just not enough info available to do a reproduction on it.
I'd need to have one in-hand to sort out the last few pieces of a bill of material.

-Hans

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Deltron:

Anyone know how many Meteors were made with countersunk coin doors vs not or which one is more common? I have five Meteors now, three countersunk and two not. I also noticed the corners of the cabs are cut different based on coin door.[quoted image][quoted image]

5 Meteors!? no wonder I can't find one up here in the NW to buy someone is hogging them all!

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

With your machine, I can't say I blame you. That thing is phenomenal looking.
Unfortunately, since BGResto can't do mirrored glasses, and mine isn't good enough for CPR, I don't know what options are out there.
Tried to e-mail mayfair amusements, but the email bounced.
My plastics are actually near perfect though, so I'm supposed to send some photos to Stu tonight to see if CPR may be able to do new plastic sets at least.
-Hans

Get in touch with Coos: http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

I wasn't happy with the CPR reproduction I bought for my Meteor, so I commissioned him to make me a one-off reproduction.

#2013 4 years ago

Can someone with an Orbitor game help me out please?
I'm working on the two larger backbox cards.
There are parts of the text missing from the scan I received.
A photo would be great.
It doesn't have to be perfectly straight, just readable.

Attached is a the card I need to see...

Thanks,
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Stern_Orbitor_self-test_game_adjustments (resized).jpgStern_Orbitor_self-test_game_adjustments (resized).jpg
#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

A photo would be great.
Thanks,
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl[quoted image]

I’m pretty sure mine is perfect and I can take a picture/scan of that, in return can you get me pictures of all the papers staples to the inside of the game cabinet? Someone ripped all mine out

#2015 4 years ago

Lectronamo plastics are boxed up and heading to CPR this week, looks like mine were good enough to make the cut and get in the queue!

-Hans

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Lectronamo plastics are boxed up and heading to CPR this week, looks like mine were good enough to make the cut and get in the queue!
-Hans

If I knew they were needed I have 4 playfields and put together a couple perfect sets for a couple complete games. Would of gladly passed them to cpr.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

If I knew they were needed I have 4 playfields and put together a couple perfect sets for a couple complete games. Would of gladly passed them to cpr.

I just figured since mine would be a while until it was ready to try and play, I'd ask and see if they were interested. In this case they were.

#2018 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure mine is perfect and I can take a picture/scan of that, in return can you get me pictures of all the papers staples to the inside of the game cabinet? Someone ripped all mine out

I'm woking on it....

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I just figured since mine would be a while until it was ready to try and play, I'd ask and see if they were interested. In this case they were.

its interesting to see CPR interested in Lectronamo after i always got people joking with me as to why i resorted on when its such a non sought after game. My plastics are mint other than 2 minor scratches on 2 pieces. A back glass would be a cool thing to reproduce.

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

its interesting to see CPR interested in Lectronamo after i always got people joking with me as to why i resorted on when its such a non sought after game.

Sounds like these people don't know what they're talking about

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:its interesting to see CPR interested in Lectronamo after i always got people joking with me as to why i resorted on when its such a non sought after game. My plastics are mint other than 2 minor scratches on 2 pieces. A back glass would be a cool thing to reproduce.

Agreed. Everyone grew an appreciation for it once they got to play my restored one I put in my location.

Even had some sweet Reese rails made for it.

1401C674-FD51-4FC7-A03D-BB5E343C9A97 (resized).jpeg1401C674-FD51-4FC7-A03D-BB5E343C9A97 (resized).jpegB1DA4B14-F36C-4015-A9AE-8FDB67F103C3 (resized).jpegB1DA4B14-F36C-4015-A9AE-8FDB67F103C3 (resized).jpeg3A73C951-5A28-492A-8508-6B48A072452C (resized).jpeg3A73C951-5A28-492A-8508-6B48A072452C (resized).jpeg
#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

its interesting to see CPR interested in Lectronamo after i always got people joking with me as to why i resorted on when its such a non sought after game. My plastics are mint other than 2 minor scratches on 2 pieces. A back glass would be a cool thing to reproduce.

Their new business model also plays a lot into it I'm sure, since they can now 'build to order', and don't have to risk a full production run on a lesser known title.

-Hans

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Their new business model also plays a lot into it I'm sure, since they can now 'build to order', and don't have to risk a full production run on a lesser known title.
-Hans

Have they started this yet though? I haven’t seen anything outside of their regular runs.

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have they started this yet though? I haven’t seen anything outside of their regular runs.

I think pretty much all the plastics are under this now, and just about any plastic they've ever made is back available to order.

I don't think anything has changed so far with playfields though.

-Hans

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I think pretty much all the plastics are under this now, and just about any plastic they've ever made is back available to order.
I don't think anything has changed so far with playfields though.
-Hans

lets drive them to do a back glass!

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

lets drive them to do a back glass!

Unfortunately, I don't think mine is good enough for a sample.
If it was, I'd have it (and my devil riders outer glass) on the way to them already.

-Hans

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Unfortunately, I don't think mine is good enough for a sample.
If it was, I'd have it (and my devil riders outer glass) on the way to them already.
-Hans

I started doing a vector file of mine.

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They’ve been doing this for plastics and backglasses for a couple of months now. If you don’t see it in stock on their site, post what you are looking for in the below forum. Check their site a week later and it should be back in stock. If not pm kevin@cpr.

By posting in that forum you’re telling Cpr they have a sale waiting. This helps them as they can prioritize what to make first. They’ll make one for you plus make a few more to place into inventory for the next customers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

In their September 2017 newsletter Cpr announced that they were about to produce Seawitch playfields. They also announced that they were looking for good examples of the following so they could start producing these titles:

Nine Ball playfield
Star Gazer playfield and backglass
Stars backglass

Today Seawitch is in the Boutique zone gathering interest. Since johngreatwich already sold a lot of Star Gazer playfields they’ve probably given up on that title. John is almost ready to ship Seawitch so I doubt that title will make it out of the boutique zone to normal preorders.

If you’re interested in getting Nine Ball made by Cpr I suggest that someone ask how many people in the Nine Ball forum are willing to buy one, and then email Cpr to see if they’ll do a run.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

A photo would be great.
Thanks,
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl[quoted image]

My cards inside the backbox are different and specifically say “Orbitor” on them. Here is a picture and if these are correct or some other version the factory was shipping, I can scan them for you.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

In their September 2017 newsletter Cpr announced that they were about to produce Seawitch playfields. They also announced that they were looking for good examples of the following so they could start producing these titles:
Nine Ball playfield
Star Gazer playfield and backglass
Stars backglass
Today Seawitch is in the Boutique zone gathering interest. Since johngreatwich already sold a lot of Star Gazer playfields they’ve probably given up on that title. John is almost ready to ship Seawitch so I doubt that title will make it out of the boutique zone to normal preorders.
If you’re interested in getting Nine Ball made by Cpr I suggest that someone ask how many people in the Nine Ball forum are willing to buy one, and then email Cpr to see if they’ll do a run.

I'd rather see Mirco make these as they hit it out of the park with Quicksilver already. Their color match is spot on as well as the quality of the wood and clear coat.

#2033 4 years ago

Speaking of 1977 - 1984....

We talk about the Golden Age of arcades (late 70's early 80's) in our latest Podcast. These arcades were Bally and Classic Stern nirvana with a sprinkling of Williams and Gottlieb.

FUN & GAMES rt9 Framingham, MA during this period was essentially a kids night club experience that we thought would never end!

My friend Paul and I discuss in detail the arcades of our youth including Fun And Games (Framingham,MA) Dream Machine ( Worcester, MA) and Funspot located in Laconia New Hampshire.
We also talk about Missile Command and what some clever MIT students did to increase profits for the arcades in the area.
Differences in play Bally vs Stern.
Be sure to catch the end of this episode's Bonus feature: The Arcade Rite of Passage!

Accessible via any of the links below:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast
1980 Fun and Games Framingham (resized).jpg1980 Fun and Games Framingham (resized).jpg5670995583_0e6520b465_o (resized).jpg5670995583_0e6520b465_o (resized).jpg5670995641_9f1c8331b4_o (resized).jpg5670995641_9f1c8331b4_o (resized).jpg5671561282_93ce739597_o (resized).jpg5671561282_93ce739597_o (resized).jpgfngentrance (resized).jpgfngentrance (resized).jpgfunandgamessign (resized).jpgfunandgamessign (resized).jpg

#2034 4 years ago

My cards inside the backbox are different specifically say “Orbitor” on them. Here is a picture and if these are correct or some other version the factory was shipping I can scan them for you.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This Game Adjustment card is a different card.
I could use a scan too, thank you.
And the size of the card would be appriciated.
I'll add this to the file I'm working on or as a seperate file.

The other two cards I already have.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Stern/Stern_SS-series_12D-162-1_Ground_Return_card.zip
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Stern/Stern_SS-series_12D-154-1_Self_Test.zip

Peter

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

This Game Adjustment card is a different card.
I could use a scan too, thank you.
And the size of the card would be appriciated.
I'll add this to the file I'm working on or as a seperate file.
The other two cards I already have.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Stern/Stern_SS-series_12D-162-1_Ground_Return_card.zip
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Stern/Stern_SS-series_12D-154-1_Self_Test.zip
Peter

According to my amassed references from Orbitor 1 pictures across the web, the large card you are looking for was stapled in the bottom right.

A59714E8-59B9-4419-9B9F-9EB935ECA3B7.pngA59714E8-59B9-4419-9B9F-9EB935ECA3B7.png
#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Dracula, Trident and Wildfire could use the chime treatment.
So glad Stars was made with chimes instead of that glorified cash register MPU100 sound board

Trident does not have enough solenoid circuits to run a chime box a custom driver board would have to be manufactured and added to j5.

Dracula and Wild Fyre conveniently are the exact same romset and do have space for a chime box. Can you test the roms once written? You'd wire up the chime box in the exact same configuration as Stars. Nugent will be under test soon but if you can test that as well too.

Currently Nugent just replaces the sounds with the chimes - there's no start up chime tune or anything yet. That can be added later.

#2037 4 years ago

According to my amassed references from Orbitor 1 pictures across the web, the large card you are looking for was stapled in the bottom right.[quoted image]

Could you be so kind to take some close-up photo's for me please?
I just need to read the text.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I'd rather see Mirco make these as they hit it out of the park with Quicksilver already. Their color match is spot on as well as the quality of the wood and clear coat.

Mirco and quality dont exactly go together. They have major issues with clear coat chipping. Most jjp potc are rippling and chipping around posts and now Wonka is doing the same thing.
Mirco is crap hope someone else makes them.

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Mirco and quality dont exactly go together. They have major issues with clear coat chipping. Most jjp potc are rippling and chipping around posts and now Wonka is doing the same thing.

I have been reading those threads related to play fields rippling along with the paint pulling away from the play field.

My unqualified opinion is the rippling is caused by rushing the play fields into production before the clear has had enough time to fully cure.

The play field i cleared needed several months to obtain a complete cure.

I don’t know about the chipping that was being discussed in those threads but some pictures showed clear that was very thick with too many coats applied.

My thoughts are if you buy a Quicksilver play field and let it cure for a few months you probably will not have any issues.

I could be wrong, but if you can not make indent in the clear with your fingernail you should be OK.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I have had opposite results. My Funhouse playfield they did years ago is still holding up great and still looks and plays like new.
I expect the Quicksilver I bought from them more recently will perform the same.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I have had opposite results. My Funhouse playfield they did years ago is still holding up great and still looks and plays like new.
I expect the Quicksilver I bought from them more recently will perform the same.

I also have an older screen printed Funhouse from Mirco. Besides the typical dimples it looks fantastic. I have little confidence that my new Quicksilver will age the same. Scratches with light finger touch is very disappointing

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I also have an older screen printed Funhouse from Mirco. Besides the typical dimples it looks fantastic. I have little confidence that my new Quicksilver will age the same. Scratches with light finger touch is very disappointing

Polyurethane is scratch resistant. Not scratch proof. It is still a fairly new play field. Let it cure for a few months, if you can. Plus, all of that dark green is going to make it a little difficult to hide everything.

#2043 4 years ago

Got in this beauty last week. Was gross but cleaning up pretty well. Slowly coming to life

IMG_20190820_220234 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190820_220234 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190820_214427 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190820_214427 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190820_214420 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190820_214420 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190817_170715 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_20190817_170715 (002) (resized).jpg
#2044 4 years ago

Looking for someone with a Stars to provide me with a straight-on high resolution picture of the "special when lit" graphic that is directly under the pop bumper. I'd be forever grateful. Thank you

#2045 4 years ago

Anyone out there have a lockdown bar they can sell that will fit a Seawitch?

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Man, with how many lockdown bar posts I’ve seen and being new to the club. Maybe we need to find a metal fab shop that can make some?

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

You will have to live with black but it will fit.

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Think it can be sandblasted?

I know a few people that might have a standard chrome lockdown bar. Pm sent

#2050 4 years ago

Seems like a stainless version of DE needs to be made. Hopefully Pinball life has been made aware of this demand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 215.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.