Topic Stats

• 2,419 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by hisokajp
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 727 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6154 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191027_184835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
IMG_2264 (resized).JPG
IMG_2230 (resized).JPG
IMG_2234 (resized).JPG
IMG_2231 (resized).JPG
IMG_2232 (resized).JPG
20191021_162604.jpg
IMG_20191019_134829986 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_20191020_174420 (resized).jpg
Stern_Galaxy_solenoids.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2419 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 49.
#1851 3 months ago

Thanks inkochnito, I'm running an altek while trouble shooting it and I'm pretty sure I already cleared it. Btw do you need any scans of the score cards or back box sheets for your site?

#1852 3 months ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Thanks inkochnito, I'm running an altek while trouble shooting it and I'm pretty sure I already cleared it. Btw do you need any scans of the score cards or back box sheets for your site?

Was the MPU board thrown into something else before Galaxy? If so, you have to do a complete reset / clear of the board before putting it into another game.

#1853 3 months ago

Shining up nice finally. Took extra elbow grease on this one. Wrong flipper bushings caused some bad flipper drag from previous years. Time for some wax now.
A2EEF3A4-5A94-4A32-951C-F23352E8BC45 (resized).jpegB2453AF4-02C2-4483-9221-18EBF7FE97F2 (resized).jpeg

#1854 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

For Seawitch and Quicksilver there is a dip switch to turn off the background noise. Meteor probably has it as well. Check your manuals.

Stock meteor roms do not have the ability to turn off the background sound.

#1855 3 months ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Wrong flipper bushings caused some bad flipper drag from previous years.

Get them out of there please! Is that a type 1 bushing ona type 2 flipper on the right?

#1856 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Get them out of there please! Is that a type 1 bushing ona type 2 flipper on the right?

Obviously it’s coming out. I’ll know exactly what they did when I pull it out.

#1857 3 months ago

What's the difference between the type 1 and type 2 flipper bushings?

#1858 3 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

What's the difference between the type 1 and type 2 flipper bushings?

Type 2 is longer.
Type 1 is for the flipper mechs where the plate is flush to the playfield.
Type 2 the flipper mech plate stands off the playfeild.

#1859 3 months ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Thank for the offer, but I think I've got them all.
If you go to my website http://www.inkochnito.nl and do a search for "galaxy" you will see all the card images I have.
Then you can see if you have any cards I missed when I had the game here.

Peter

#1860 3 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Type 2 is longer.
Type 1 is for the flipper mechs where the plate is flush to the playfield.
Type 2 the flipper mech plate stands off the playfeild.

This is great info--thank you!

Another question about the bushings: does anyone know what lengths they are? I have a few different ones laying around and want to determine which i can use for my classic Stern's.

#1861 3 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

This is great info--thank you!
Another question about the bushings: does anyone know what lengths they are? I have a few different ones laying around and want to determine which i can use for my classic Stern's.

Shit I just measured my type 2 and cant remmeber off hand.
Type 1 I don't think you can buy anywhere?

#1862 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit I just measured my type 2 and cant remmeber off hand.
Type 1 I don't think you can buy anywhere?

Steve Young has both types. Just ordered some type 1s for my Meteor.

#1863 3 months ago

Anyone know where I could find or have a lead for a complete 4 bank drop target assembly for a classic stern?

#1864 3 months ago

Anyone have a PDF manual for Stern Nine Ball? If so can you please share. Thanks in advance.

#1865 3 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have a PDF manual for Stern Nine Ball? If so can you please share. Thanks in advance.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1678/Stern_1980_Nine_Ball_Manual.pdf

#1866 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually now that I get it all together...I picked what maybe a willimms button but it appears to be very similar other than the round/octagonal bottom shaft (?) ...so I think all I need is the name to this type of washer clip on the end holding the bottom on and I can see if this will work.[quoted image]

I have 2 original NOS ones for sale if still needed.
ESRSNOS (resized).JPG

And i have also a very nice original Stern Trident plastic set for sale.

#1867 3 months ago

Still looking for the correct parts to order for cabinet flipper switches (Stingray if it matters). Thanks!

#1868 3 months ago

Just joined the club with a galaxy! Needs some Repin/rewire as a bunch of things were cut, but I’m pretty excited

8F60740C-C1B7-4C7D-BF57-5E0B20F5AD72 (resized).jpeg
#1869 3 months ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

Still looking for the correct parts to order for cabinet flipper switches (Stingray if it matters). Thanks!

Unless Stingray is different than the Sterns that came after it here are the flipper buttons you want.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-904

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-905

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1B-494

Marco is out of stock of the 1B/494 backing plate.

So, go to Pinball Life and fill your needs.

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=flipper%20button

Steve at Pinball Resource used to have the button and housing. I don't know about the backing plate.

#1870 3 months ago

Does anyone know where I can find documented information on the Stern Factory, such has the history of it? Seems that the other manufactures have quite a bit of information already published and available, but not the old Stern company. I know Harry worked there and Gary's father ran and owned it, but am interested in learning more about that company.

#1871 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unless Stingray is different than the Sterns that came after it here are the flipper buttons you want.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-904
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-905
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1B-494
Marco is out of stock of the 1B/494 backing plate.
So, go to Pinball Life and fill your needs.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=flipper%20button
Steve at Pinball Resource used to have the button and housing. I don't know about the backing plate.

THANK YOU!!

#1872 3 months ago

Looking for a wild fyre. Can trade an Alien Poker or negotiate cash.

#1873 3 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Looking for a wild fyre. Can trade an Alien Poker or negotiate cash.

I don't know if you want to make the long haul, but we have a customer in Harrisburg, PA, who had a Wild Fyre for sale. If interested, I could check if he still has it.

Jim

#1874 3 months ago

Where can i purchase some credit button stickers for my SW and NB? I'm talking about the round shiny blue decals that go around the credit button on the coin door.

IMG_20190725_084219.jpg
#1876 3 months ago

Thanks!! I saw they are also selling them on eBay. Just wanted to make sure they are the real deal. Gonna order them up today

#1877 3 months ago

Are these different from the ones that Marco’s and Pinball Rescue sell?

#1878 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Are these different from the ones that Marco’s and Pinball Rescue sell?

Yes! I don’t know about Pinball Rescue, but Marco’s is printed on plain paper, not foil.

#1879 3 months ago

Nice, I was just aboot to ask where to get some credit stickers!

#1880 3 months ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

I don't know if you want to make the long haul, but we have a customer in Harrisburg, PA, who had a Wild Fyre for sale. If interested, I could check if he still has it.
Jim

PM sent, thanks!

#1881 3 months ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

THANK YOU!!

You are welcome. Hope it helps you out.

#1882 3 months ago

Oh Geez, $9.00 a pop. And I have 8 Sterns that need these. With postage, figure $80.00 for some door decals. I don't know whether to smile at the good fortune that they can even be bought, laugh at the questionable ways that pinball makes me open my wallet, or cry because there is always something else to buy that works to keep me broke.

#1883 3 months ago

Everything I've ever purchased from Phoenix was very high quality. Never cheaps out on material or artwork. He usually does CPO's and side art for arcade games and Phoenix Arcade is very well regarded in those circles.

#1884 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh Geez, $9.00 a pop. And I have 8 Sterns that need these. With postage, figure $80.00 for some door decals. I don't know whether to smile at the good fortune that they can even be bought, laugh at the questionable ways that pinball makes me open my wallet, or cry because there is always something else to buy that works to keep me broke.

Easy fix - Sell me a few of those Sterns =)

#1885 3 months ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

Easy fix - Sell me a few of those Sterns =)

But I only have one that is on your wish list

#1886 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But I only have one that is on your wish list

Everything is available for sale at the right offering price!

#1887 3 months ago

What's the stickerish covering on the coin door trim pieces? trying to prepare mine for painting without bead blasting ability

#1888 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What's the stickerish covering on the coin door trim pieces? trying to prepare mine for painting without bead blasting ability

Lawman, do you have a buffing wheel? I had some sticky stuff on one of my coin doors that might have been dried Coca-Cola. I washed everything in soap and water, some I soaked in evaporust, then I shined it up with the buffer. After watching my first polish job turn dull on the coin door parts I now hit them with some clear from a rattle can. It amounts to a poor man's chrome job.

#1889 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Lawman, do you have a buffing wheel?

Yeah but it's an actual sticker covering. Haven't noticed it on other but my Stars has a literal sticker covering the metal. It's in pretty bad shape so after Evaporusting the stuff can be pulled off the metal
If I'm repainting I could probably just wire wheel all the stuff off it was just weird to me when I saw it and wondered what the deal was.

#1890 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Pinball Rescue has a a pack of 5 for $15USD + postage from Australia

#1891 3 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes! I don’t know about Pinball Rescue, but Marco’s is printed on plain paper, not foil.

So were the originals that came from the factory plain labels or metallic/shiny like the phoenix arcade version? Same question on the large coin door decal

#1892 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

So were the originals that came from the factory plain labels or metallic/shiny like the phoenix arcade version? Same question on the large coin door decal

Shiny. The Marco stickers are wrong.

#1893 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but it's an actual sticker covering.

Like this...

Also nice and shiny like bluespin said

20190725_234226 (resized).jpg20190725_235124 (resized).jpg
#1894 3 months ago

I don't know what that stuff is. Is it some sort of plastic chrome tape some one pasted on? Or is it peeling chrome off of metal? Can you take another pic from a little farther away to add some dimension? So I can see what part you are showing.

2ec906dd7d5b36a99d2d2a7238a837b4a9d88028 (resized).jpg

#1895 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you take another pic from a little farther away to add some dimension? So I can see what part you are showing.
[quoted image]

Yeah these are the coin door trim pieces. You can see what I started with here, a real mess. So it looks likeit's peeling off like a paint layer, but it literally is stuck on and pulls like tape; Weird! The color looks more like a bally Flat iron than the hammered silver.
It's looking like a full wire brush and then repaint to me?
EDIT: This is after a 24 hour evaparust soak
20190427_221645 (resized).jpg20190726_002542 (resized).jpg20190726_002628 (resized).jpg20190726_002640 (resized).jpg

#1896 3 months ago

Does anyone have a list of the rubber sizes and even placement for a Nine Ball? I would like to make a Titan Rubber database list to buy and to share with others. Thank you in advance.

#1897 3 months ago

Hey guys, just noticed something interesting on my original Quicksilver backglass... I noticed that the “Match” wasn’t lighting up, even though the lamp is good and on. The reason why is the masking for the word Match on the glass isn’t transparent? Are they all this way? The Match is also located in a black area near the green, where it would be very hard to see anyway. Early production glass? Thought you all may want to check on your quicksilver machines and Let me know if this is the same with all of them. (I’ve attached some close up pics of the Match from the back of glass for reference) thanks!

CC1ED6AE-782A-4232-ADD5-992F0056835D (resized).jpeg7C24B3E1-1464-407D-87F5-1DB1CFEF05A5 (resized).jpeg248A13F2-5AA8-4E4A-A668-E8472D4C0513 (resized).jpeg600237C0-9A22-4C62-8402-EF1EB8F81AA2 (resized).jpeg
#1898 3 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Does anyone have a list of the rubber sizes and even placement for a Nine Ball? I would like to make a Titan Rubber database list to buy and to share with others. Thank you in advance.

You can find the complete manual at IPDB.org.

Here are the sizes. R1-7A-120-100 = 1" ring
R2-7A-120-150 = 1.5" ring

The others follow the same pattern. The R7-7A-135 is for the post rubbers. The 3 #10s on the play field are the small bump rubbers.

You will have to fine the corresponding "R" number on the play field pic to make the count.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.15.26 AM (resized).png
#1899 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah these are the coin door trim pieces. You can see what I started with here, a real mess. So it looks likeit's peeling off like a paint layer, but it literally is stuck on and pulls like tape; Weird! The color looks more like a bally Flat iron than the hammered silver.
It's looking like a full wire brush and then repaint to me?
EDIT: This is after a 24 hour evaparust soak
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone could have repainted them in another life.

I have a power oscillating tool and sanded all of my door parts down to bare metal and hit them immediately with the hammertone paint. You could probably use paint stripper and then hand sand. THe hammertone paint is very forgiving so you don't have to be too fussy with your sandpaper. 60 grit sandpaper will cut the paint good and leave a good paintable surface.

https://www.harborfreight.com/oscillating-multi-tool-62279.html?cid=paid_google|*PLA+-+All+Products|All+Products|62279&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mkwid=sKE0GgBvZ|pcrid|327822404853|pkw||pmt||pdv|c|slid||product|62279|&pgrid=71439424048&ptaid=pla-296227499965&pcid=1688396772&intent=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-5yVqNfS4wIVBNbACh0zTgdJEAQYAyABEgLApPD_BwE

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-grit-multi-tool-triangle-sandpaper-6-pc-for-wood-61315.html

(You can get some of these tile sanding tools at HF, as well. But Amazon has better pics.).

amazon.com link »

#1900 3 months ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

Hey guys, just noticed something interesting on my original Quicksilver backglass... I noticed that the “Match” wasn’t lighting up, even though the lamp is good and on. The reason why is the masking for the word Match on the glass isn’t transparent? Are they all this way? The Match is also located in a black area near the green, where it would be very hard to see anyway. Early production glass? Thought you all may want to check on your quicksilver machines and Let me know if this is the same with all of them. (I’ve attached some close up pics of the Match from the back of glass for reference) thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just checked mine and it and looks OK (blue letters when illuminated). Quicksilver # 10618

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 2419 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside