20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg
DSCN9287 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 215.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see a Catacomb in your SUV. I know that green color from anywhere. What kind of shape is that in?
And .....how come these kinds of package deals never happen out here on the prairie? Where the buffalo used to roam.

SUV. Good one. GTI. Does way more work than most suvs on the road ever do.

Catacomb is great except one flaw....

8CB7BDF5-972A-4DF2-8409-B17D12B35318 (resized).jpeg8CB7BDF5-972A-4DF2-8409-B17D12B35318 (resized).jpeg
#1752 4 years ago

This one has been a real haul for me today 350 mile one way through NY/NJ/PA. Or the most enjoyable Trek. Been working this and cue for awhile. Glad they both worked out at the same time.

Came with a few extra boards

EAB70EAE-2A9C-40E7-A4A5-35F38E661208 (resized).jpegEAB70EAE-2A9C-40E7-A4A5-35F38E661208 (resized).jpeg
#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

This one has been a real haul for me today 350 mile one way through NY/NJ/PA. Or the most enjoyable Trek. Been working this and cue for awhile. Glad they both worked out at the same time.
Came with a few extra boards [quoted image]

And you didn’t stop and say “hi”?!! Unbelievable! You could’ve come and shared fond memories with the godforsaken Checkpoint you passed along down the line that ended up with me :b I’ve almost finally got it working!

If that board haul comes with a VSU-100 I call dips!!!

#1754 4 years ago

Any idea what goes in these holes in ali?
Is it supposed to be a metal guide?

20190619_180140 (resized).jpg20190619_180140 (resized).jpg
#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Any idea what goes in these holes in ali?
Is it supposed to be a metal guide?[quoted image]

W2-6A-101-H QTY (3)
You need to take one of the wire forms by the inside return lane and copy it...

#1756 4 years ago

SUV. Good one. GTI. Does way more work than most suvs on the road ever do.
Catacomb is great except one flaw....[quoted image]

John Greatwich makes Catacomb back glasses. I have his Star Gazer back glass. It is very nice. Looks like factory on the back side.

#1757 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

W2-6A-101-H QTY (3)
You need to take one of the wire forms by the inside return lane and copy it...

Yes. And since it is an inside curve the replacement does not have to be all that perfect.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. And since it is an inside curve the replacement does not have to be all that perfect.

Perfect can do

#1759 4 years ago
15609881591184009651768379658866 (resized).jpg15609881591184009651768379658866 (resized).jpg
#1760 4 years ago

Also looking for 2 used original ali pop bumper caps.

1560988682459347801949549062360 (resized).jpg1560988682459347801949549062360 (resized).jpg
#1761 4 years ago

Catacomb is great except one flaw....[quoted image]

That's too bad the backglass peeled so badly, but at least the most important part survived.

#1762 4 years ago

I just did “a thing” ... could be helpful to others.

You know how those crappy Stern plastic lane guides are always busted up?

I made some overlays out of high impact acrylic to go over the top. Now the ball runs nice and true, and what’s left of the lane guide is protected.

My left one was ok, but the right one was busted. I have now glued the broken bit under the new clear acrylic, just for decoration purposes. (That’s where the red tape is in the final picture)

Easy to do ...
1/ scab some scrap acrylic off your mate
2/ trace out the outline of the guide on it
3/ cut with bandsaw or jigsaw
4/ machine back to size with belt sander
5/ smooth out edges with orbital
6/ line up holes and drill them
7/ screw em on
8/ enjoy

rd

6D68955A-90C1-41C3-BD2C-4FA20D23B03E (resized).jpeg6D68955A-90C1-41C3-BD2C-4FA20D23B03E (resized).jpeg

402F77A9-E822-4040-8CF6-835608E3D99F (resized).jpeg402F77A9-E822-4040-8CF6-835608E3D99F (resized).jpeg

FBEB1DA0-DF63-48A5-9E4F-5E53847B7B43 (resized).jpegFBEB1DA0-DF63-48A5-9E4F-5E53847B7B43 (resized).jpeg

#1763 4 years ago

Looks good rotordave
Just curious. Why over and not under the plastics?

#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Looks good rotordave
Just curious. Why over and not under the plastics?

The original plastics have the metal stands stuck into them.

I wouldn’t want to risk getting them out .. you’d probably butcher the old plastics.

With the glass on, you can’t even see them.

Magical!

rd

#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just did “a thing” ... could be helpful to others.
You know how those crappy Stern plastic lane guides are always busted up?
I made some overlays out of high impact acrylic to go over the top. Now the ball runs nice and true, and what’s left of the lane guide is protected.
My left one was ok, but the right one was busted. I have now glued the broken bit under the new clear acrylic, just for decoration purposes. (That’s where the red tape is in the final picture)
Easy to do ...
1/ scab some scrap acrylic off your mate
2/ trace out the outline of the guide on it
3/ cut with bandsaw or jigsaw
4/ machine back to size with belt sander
5/ smooth out edges with orbital
6/ line up holes and drill them
7/ screw em on
8/ enjoy

rd
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Perfect. Great minds thank alike. I am slowly making impact resistant protectors like yours to go under or over all of my plastics.

#1766 4 years ago

Anyone happen to be holding onto a set of plastics for dracula? Or know where i can find some? Im try to bring one back from the “grave” and i noticed im missing a ton of plastics. Any help is appreciated.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone happen to be holding onto a set of plastics for dracula? Or know where i can find some? Im try to bring one back from the “grave” and i noticed im missing a ton of plastics. Any help is appreciated.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/sterndracula/

#1768 4 years ago

Mitch! Thank you! Now have idea where i can get the weird pop bumber at the top?

#1769 4 years ago

Mitch! Thank you! Now have idea where i can get the weird pop bumber at the top?

Go to Pinball Resourse. Look under “play field parts”. PBR stocks loads of pop caps. And pop bodies.

He will have the caps and bodies for the weird one. They will be bare no stenciling.

#1770 4 years ago

Wow, this may turn into a bigger headache than i thought. I found the passive pop bumper. But my searches aren't giving me anything on the left slingshot arm. Is there another manufactures part someone has used and it worked?

#1772 4 years ago

Wow, this may turn into a bigger headache than i thought. I found the passive pop bumper. But my searches aren't giving me anything on the left slingshot arm. Is there another manufactures part someone has used and it worked?

Here's a thread that should be helpful: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-electronics-sling-arm-info

Looks like the Williams part A-12664 may be the closest option, since nobody has repro'd that part.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:But my searches aren't giving me anything on the left slingshot arm

I have some originals if you need one. I had to part out a Flight 2000 Pm me if you are interested.

#1774 4 years ago

In between finding everything broken, i decide to do a quick playfield cleaning. I think it looks ok for sitting for 10+ years. Some wear at top by flipper and passive bumper. Im almost sure it will never fire up even tho the boards look pretty clean. I did notice the varistor is blown on the ac line coming in tho.

F971AE4E-E9A3-401E-AD5A-41CFC0462880 (resized).jpegF971AE4E-E9A3-401E-AD5A-41CFC0462880 (resized).jpeg
#1775 4 years ago

In between finding everything broken, i decide to do a quick playfield cleaning. I think it looks ok for sitting for 10+ years. Some wear at top by flipper and passive bumper. Im almost sure it will never fire up even tho the boards look pretty clean. I did notice the varistor is blown on the ac line coming in tho.[quoted image]

I wish my playfeild looked even near that good

#1776 4 years ago

But my searches aren't giving me anything on the left slingshot arm.

I do have a couple more originals if anyone needs one. When I was restoring my Flight 2000, I was missing one and the Williams part worked, it just didn't match so I put it in a place you couldn't see.

DSCN2156 (resized).JPGDSCN2156 (resized).JPG
#1777 4 years ago

Hey Dragonfist owners. I've got good news. I recently bought a Dragonfist and desperately wanted new plastics.

So, I contacted CPR and we worked out a deal to move them into production. They are already in progress and they will be out later this year and for sale to the general public!

So glad I could give back to the community a bit. And thanks CrazyLevi for turning me on to Classic Sterns and Gizmonic for your Dragonfist (and Stargazer) streams. You guys really got me into these awesome games.

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Hey Dragonfist owners. I've got good news. I recently bought a Dragonfist and desperately wanted new plastics.
So, I contacted CPR and we worked out a deal to move them into production. They are already in progress and they will be out later this year and for sale to the general public!
So glad I could give back to the community a bit. And thanks crazylevi for turning me on to Classic Sterns and gizmonic for your Dragonfist (and Stargazer) streams. You guys really got me into these awesome games.

Can you have them make big game playfields too? I didn’t have any luck.

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And why not Dragonfist playfields while you're at it.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I tried too even had a playfeild I could have sent.
They said they barely sold any plastic sets so they wont run the playfield.

#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Well at least they were direct with you. They told me the new process isn’t up yet, so they couldn’t do it.

Mirco says he’s too busy. I got a good used playfield I’m willing to donate to any maker. Just tell me where to send it.

#1782 4 years ago

Maybe a hard top would be an option.

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

They have the problem reversed: the plastics hold up pretty well while the playfields do not and are notoriously worn, if not blownout altogether, around the cards.
I believe they may yet realize the error and adjust their point of view.

#1784 4 years ago

I’m having some issues with my solenoid driver board on Stars. I believe it’s a few bad transistors. I ordered some, but it got me thinking that a replacement solenoid board may be an upgrade.

Has anyone experienced a noticeable difference in coil performance using an alltek or weebly board over the original?

#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m having some issues with my solenoid driver board on Stars. I believe it’s a few bad transistors. I ordered some, but it got me thinking that a replacement solenoid board may be an upgrade.
Has anyone experienced a noticeable difference in coil performance using an alltek or weebly board over the original?

Nope. Use with confidence. Especially WEEBLy.

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Use with confidence. Especially WEEBLy.

I’m confused. Should I use the original with confidence and weebly is the worst, or should I use weebly with confidence?

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m confused. Should I use the original with confidence and weebly is the worst, or should I use weebly with confidence?

You only asked one question in your post. I was answering that. No issues with alltek or weebly. Especially weebly. Andrew is a good dude and knows his stuff.

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Especially weebly. Andrew is a good dude and knows his stuff.

+1

#1790 4 years ago

I must’ve worded my question weird. I meant to ask if there’s a benefit to switching if the original board works.

My bad. Thanks for the replies.

#1791 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I must’ve worded my question weird. I meant to ask if there’s a benefit to switching if the original board works.

I rarely ever use aftermarket boards except on the rectifier boards I always go new.

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I guess the only benefit would be a higher likelihood that you won't experience a failure due to aged or fatigued components.

#1793 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

So glad I could give back to the community a bit. And thanks crazylevi for turning me on to Classic Sterns and gizmonic for your Dragonfist (and Stargazer) streams. You guys really got me into these awesome games.

Thanks, I need a new set.

#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Oh okay. If you have a solid original definitely don’t buy a replacement. I might recommend to have a spare of each board for troubleshooting purposes, but that’s a bit overkill unless you’re operating lots of games or fixing lots of games.

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

One benefit in particular is short circuit protection with the Alltek board. If a coil locks on it may cause some damage to the SDB. With Alltek, any damage is confined to the coil on the playfield.

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Getadam, I would classify you as a mover and a shaker.

Your next assignment is to go buy a Cheetah in need of plastics and make another call to CPR for a repeat performance

#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Your next assignment is to go buy a Cheetah in need of plastics and make another call to CPR for a repeat performance

Find me a nice Cheetah and I'm in.

#1798 4 years ago

Who got the Cheetah in Kansas City for $600.00 in the last 4-5 hours? I was on it when the ad was 3 hours old. Already sold.

Blue Cabinet. Nice looking back glass. Plastics were pretty good looking. Play field had some wear. It looks like it was a nice one.

The ad is already taken down.

#1799 4 years ago

Guy told me it was mine for $600. Shortly after he said he took $750, so thanks for whoever did that greatly appreciated.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Guy told me it was mine for $600. Shortly after he said he took $750, so thanks for whoever did that greatly appreciated.

Dammit. I was going to call first dibs for when you went to sell. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 10,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 215.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/36?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.