Pinside_forum_6864620_0 (resized).jpg
20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 215.
#7801 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I was able to snag a few pics of my mystery wire. It looks like it could be white/green?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It is white/green. It is for an extra chime. The J-2 connector is 15 pins with pin #1 at the top. This w/g wire goes to pin #11 which is open in your connector.

A3 is the designation for your Solenoid Driver Board. It is connector J-2. Pin 11. Reads as: A3J2-11. Leave it disconnected until you can find that chime. And down by the chimes you should be seeing the other end of this w-g wire. Yes?

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 9.06.52 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-01-21 at 9.06.52 PM (resized).jpg

#7802 1 year ago

I think that’s going to be my missing chime. I’ll have to find then other end of the wire. It not anywhere near the chime box

#7803 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I think that’s going to be my missing chime. I’ll have to find then other end of the wire. It not anywhere near the chime box

Digging thru wire harnesses is always fun

#7804 1 year ago

Hopefully it’s there. Now to piece together a chime unit

#7805 1 year ago

Here is a trick that might help someone out someday.

I had to remove a lamp board the other day do work on it. They are a PIA to reinstall to the back box.

Here is what I did. I ground off the heads to a couple of Phillips screws.

IMG_2064 (resized).jpgIMG_2064 (resized).jpg

Then I installed 2 modified screws to the back box bracket mounting holes.

IMG_2049 (resized).jpgIMG_2049 (resized).jpg

IMG_2050 (resized).jpgIMG_2050 (resized).jpg

Then it is just a matter of lining up the bottom hole in the lamp board bracket with the bottom screw and then swinging the board up to line up with the top screw.

Here is the board loaded on the screw. Then install 2 screws into the other 2 holes and then removing these modded screws and installing the last screws.

This makes is so much nicer when you are working by yourself.

IMG_2051 (resized).jpgIMG_2051 (resized).jpg

#7806 1 year ago

Ok - it is official. I am ready to start selling the Seawitch S detectors again. The first photo is an earlier version of the defector installed for reference. The other photo is the newest version showing all colors available (yellow, light blue and blue). PM me if you want one.

IMO:

Blue is the best for color matching and works great in all lighting.

Light Blue matches the color well and reacts to LED lighting a little.

Yellow is bold and looks great if you have yellow
pop skirts or flipper rubber in your game. Looks great with LEDs and reacts a little too.

20210831_185811 (resized).jpg20210831_185811 (resized).jpg20230129_173320 (resized).jpg20230129_173320 (resized).jpg

Added 14 months ago:

S Deflector not S Detector.

#7807 1 year ago

Gathering parts for a Quicksilver build and noticed while cleaning that my 4-bank drop has memory coils and utilizes those to hold the targets up. I'd prefer not have (unused) memory coils in a non-memory coil game, but I'm not seeing the top plate 1B-483-4 for sale anywhere (Marco sells several of the drop parts...jut not this one it would appear). Anyone got one laying around in their junk parts pile, by chance?

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#7808 1 year ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

but I'm not seeing the top plate 1B-483-4 for sale anywhere

I see a 1B-483-3 top cover. We can make one of these if we have to.

#7809 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see a 1B-483-3 top cover. We can make one of these if we have to.

Yeah, Marco has a 1B-483-5 cataloged (for reference only) for the 5 bank. The picture shows the 3. My handy dandy Stern Parts Catalog shows a 3-bank and a 5-bank assembly, but no 4. So I'm assuming that the part I'd need would be 1B-483-4. But I don't see it referenced anywhere.

Could definitely bend and cut a new piece if need be (although I am completely void of those skills) so that's definitely an option.

#7810 1 year ago

Yeah, Marco has a 1B-483-5 cataloged (for reference only) for the 5 bank. The picture shows the 3. My handy dandy Stern Parts Catalog shows a 3-bank and a 5-bank assembly, but no 4. So I'm assuming that the part I'd need would be 1B-483-4. But I don't see it referenced anywhere.
Could definitely bend and cut a new piece if need be (although I am completely void of those skills) so that's definitely an option.

If you could CAD it up sendcutsend could cut and bend for you. they can even thread holes if needed.

#7811 1 year ago

If you don't find the part, I have a sheet metal shop that is new in town and trying to develop its business. I don't know how price friendly this shop would be but making a one-off is probably something that it would do.

Or you can buy the 4 bank reset arm and I can come up with a way to make it work .

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1B-484-4

#7812 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you don't find the part, I have a sheet metal shop that is new in town and trying to develop its business. I don't know how price friendly this shop would be but making a one-off is probably something that it would do.
Or you can buy the 4 bank reset arm and I can come up with a way to make it work .

I'll order one regardless and you can cut it up. Nbd

#7813 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Dallas_Pin Shawn can you help KSUWildcatFan out by fabricating a metal drop target cover?

#7814 1 year ago

Anyone sitting on a spare coin door they'd want to part with? Restoring a Seawitch, door is fine but dented up good. Planning to have it powdered so doesn't matter if it's scratched to hell, just rather not have to try and get the dents smooth if I can get around it.

#7815 1 year ago

I am working on installing a Knocker to my Stern STARS machine, When I purchased it, It was missing the knocker.
I have finally sourced one -now to discover I am also missing the A-440 Bracket which it mounts to. The bracket was once carried by Marco but now discontinued https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-440

I am thinking I will try design this in a CAD and 3d print the bracket, Could anyone provide me some measurements of this bracket?

Knocker Assembly (resized).pngKnocker Assembly (resized).png
#7816 1 year ago
Quoted from cws204:

I am working on installing a Knocker to my Stern STARS machine, When I purchased it, It was missing the knocker.
I have finally sourced one -now to discover I am also missing the A-440 Bracket which it mounts to. The bracket was once carried by Marco but now discontinued https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-440
I am thinking I will try design this in a CAD and 3d print the bracket, Could anyone provide me some measurements of this bracket?
[quoted image]

It would not be original factory style, but this Spooky kit from Pinball Life should work.

https://www.pinballlife.com/knocker-kit-for-spooky-pinball.html

#7817 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It would not be original factory style, but this Spooky kit from Pinball Life should work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/knocker-kit-for-spooky-pinball.html

verified that this will work fine for any vertically mounted knocker. I have it in a couple of games.

Horizontal mounted knockers in cab you should be able to get from Marco, I added this to flight 2000.

#7818 1 year ago

For anyone who might be interested, flippers.com in Vancouver has a FreeFall for sale.

I know nothing about it.

https://flippers.com/pin4sale.html

Scroll down about halfway.

#7819 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For anyone who might be interested, flippers.com in Vancouver has a FreeFall for sale.
I know nothing about it.
https://flippers.com/pin4sale.html
Scroll down about halfway.

If you don't buy it and put Bill's code/mods on it, who even are you?!

#7820 1 year ago

Stern produce a pinball machine titled " Pinball". How do you search pinside and IPDB.org for a pin titled "Pinball". Pinside search goes nuts and IPDB search does nothing when you search for "Pinball".

I did manage to find some info at pinballowners.com. Seems there are 590 EM Pinball pinball machines made. I have no luck finding anything else about this pin.

EM unit

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 7.43.07 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-03 at 7.43.07 PM (resized).jpg

Solid State unit

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 8.02.32 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-03 at 8.02.32 PM (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 7.43.07 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-03 at 7.43.07 PM (resized).jpg
#7821 1 year ago

Stern pinball pinball got me video on YouTube when i looked. It looks awful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball

#7822 1 year ago

It’s Pinball and Pinball EM on here.

I picked up a parts EM locally last year. It was missing the backglass, back door, lots of inserts, and the wiring was kinda jacked already. Not worth saving imo.

The single-bank drop targets are identical to the big drop target in Nine Ball, so I have that mech and some extra targets for my Nine Ball scratch build. The cab is way different since it’s an EM but I’m gonna use it anyway with lots of modifications.

#7823 1 year ago

Stern pinball pinball got me video on YouTube when i looked. It looks awful.

It was a Chicago Coin design that got pushed out the door by Stern.

#7824 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It was a Chicago Coin design that got pushed out the door by Stern.

No doubt. It reeks of CC. Definitely not a "Stern" game as far as I'm concerned, in spite of its labeling as such.

#7825 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stern produce a pinball machine titled " Pinball". How do you search pinside and IPDB.org for a pin titled "Pinball". Pinside search goes nuts and IPDB search does nothing when you search for "Pinball".
I did manage to find some info at pinballowners.com. Seems there are 590 EM Pinball pinball machines made. I have no luck finding anything else about this pin.

Use the advanced search on ipdb and select pinball as the name and for the manufacturer probably Stern Electronics.

#7826 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

It’s Pinball and Pinball EM on here.
I picked up a parts EM locally last year. It was missing the backglass, back door, lots of inserts, and the wiring was kinda jacked already. Not worth saving imo.
The single-bank drop targets are identical to the big drop target in Nine Ball, so I have that mech and some extra targets for my Nine Ball scratch build. The cab is way different since it’s an EM but I’m gonna use it anyway with lots of modifications.

Stampede and Rawhide each had five stand up mechs that I think are the same or similar to Nine Ball stand up.

#7827 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Stampede and Rawhide each had five stand up mechs that I think are the same or similar to Nine Ball stand up.

Unfortunately not, those are standup targets custom for those two (identical) titles. Not drop targets. I had a box of those standups, and some of the relay mechs and a big stepper unit out of my Pinball EM parts game that I sent to another pinsider to restore his Rawhide.

#7828 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Use the advanced search on ipdb and select pinball as the name and for the manufacturer probably Stern Electronics.

I tried that. You try and see if you have better luck than I.

#7829 1 year ago

I think Stern Electronics Pinball pinball is pretty fun

#7830 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stern produce a pinball machine titled " Pinball".

Yup, fun pin. Had a good game of "pinball by stern" EM last night at day 1 of the Fellowship of the Silverball big Upstate Weekend tourney in SC.

EM and SS links...

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-stern

The EM room at day 1 hosts house..

em (resized).jpgem (resized).jpg

#7832 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Agreed, particularly when Special is set to 100k!
It helps keep the game balanced by encouraging drop target shots, and it makes outlane drains interesting.

#7833 1 year ago

Here is some inventory of that Stern Pinball I picked up.

It looks like I have all the plastics except for the left hand arch plastic. One has a broken off corner. A couple have a crack in the plastic. ( And I had some green onions for lunch )

It looks like it last took in quarters in 1981. I'm guessing the boards went bad and off the floor it went.

IMG_2200 (resized).jpgIMG_2200 (resized).jpg
IMG_2206 (resized).jpgIMG_2206 (resized).jpg
IMG_2205 (resized).jpgIMG_2205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2204 (resized).jpgIMG_2204 (resized).jpg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpgIMG_2203 (resized).jpg
IMG_2202 (resized).jpgIMG_2202 (resized).jpg

If anybody is needing some plastics for their Pinball, hit me up. I'll play Month Hall and we can make a deal.

#7834 1 year ago

The play field is in good condition. It would clean up and restore real nice. But I'm not holding my breath that anyone would need this play field. There is quite a bit of nicotine stain on. I have cleaned up a nicotined play field way worse than this one. It will clean up, but I won't be messing this one.

I scratch my head as why all of the inserts have been knocked out.

IMG_2216 (resized).jpgIMG_2216 (resized).jpg

The brown below the double bonus hole is what is left of a mud dauber's nest I knocked off. There was a huge dauber nest inside the cab that I knocked off.
IMG_2217 (resized).jpgIMG_2217 (resized).jpg
IMG_2218 (resized).jpgIMG_2218 (resized).jpg
IMG_2219 (resized).jpgIMG_2219 (resized).jpg

Again, Monte Hall will make a deal.

The apron is in real good condition. Not perfect but very good. A good artist can touch this one up easy enough. I got luck with the operator decal in the center. It peeled right off and left the text alone. There is a bit of adhesive left but I will stop at this point.

IMG_2207 (resized).jpgIMG_2207 (resized).jpg

IMG_2209 (resized).jpgIMG_2209 (resized).jpg

IMG_2215 (resized).jpgIMG_2215 (resized).jpg

IMG_2210 (resized).jpgIMG_2210 (resized).jpg

IMG_2211 (resized).jpgIMG_2211 (resized).jpg

#7835 1 year ago

We have all talked before about how Stern was on a continuing quest to make parts that take one less step to do, anything to get the man hours down.

Check out the stainless side rail.

My MPU-200 Sterns just have a hole for the flipper button punched in the rail. These rails had the edges of the holes formed into a flange on some kind of press. The flange was obviously not needed so it went away.

IMG_2224 (resized).jpgIMG_2224 (resized).jpg

#7836 1 year ago

Rescued a magic yesterday. Little bit of pf wear, blown out back glass, solid cabinet, and unknown working condition. This could be fun

4E168326-11B0-4A47-81CE-326097D15DDB (resized).jpeg4E168326-11B0-4A47-81CE-326097D15DDB (resized).jpeg
#7837 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The play field is in good condition. It would clean up and restore real nice. But I'm not holding my breath that anyone would need this play field. There is quite a bit of nicotine stain on. I have cleaned up a nicotined play field way worse than this one. It will clean up, but I won't be messing this one.
I scratch my head as why all of the inserts have been knocked out.
[quoted image]
The brown below the double bonus hole is what is left of a mud dauber's nest I knocked off. There was a huge dauber nest inside the cab that I knocked off.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Again, Monte Hall will make a deal.
The apron is in real good condition. Not perfect but very good. A good artist can touch this one up easy enough. I got luck with the operator decal in the center. It peeled right off and left the text alone. There is a bit of adhesive left but I will stop at this point.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You got a lot more than I thought you did. I think you did just fine.

That PF would look good hanging on a wall...

#7838 1 year ago

That PF would look good hanging on a wall

Before or after I buy $40.00 worth of inserts .

#7839 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Before or after I buy $40.00 worth of inserts .

Don't need inserts for hanging on a wall, bud!

#7840 1 year ago

Advertise the playfield, plastics and apron for cheap prices in this forum and offer to meet the buyer at TPF. I'm thinking ($40) playfield, ($20) plastics, (?) apron plus shooter gauge.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2023-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk#post-7389282

#7841 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Advertise the playfield, plastics and apron for cheap prices in this forum and offer to meet the buyer at TPF. I'm thinking ($40) playfield, ($20) plastics, (?) apron plus shooter gauge.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2023-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk#post-7389282

Good thought. But odds are that I will not be going to TPF this year.

Actually, I am thinking of using the play field as a working blank for fitting purposes while I am doing my builds. I have a Meteor play field but it is twisted. This play field is straight and flat. And not worth very much.

#7842 1 year ago

I have had some requests from people to buy these so I finally decided to set up a shop to officially sell them. Hopefully I have it all set up right.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1475-20eyes/07810-classic-stern-drop-target-reset-link
If/when I ever make another batch of these I will probably just make the ones with the notch rather than make both seems pointless to make both.

IMG_20230205_150154432 (resized).jpgIMG_20230205_150154432 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230205_150210329 (resized).jpgIMG_20230205_150210329 (resized).jpg

#7843 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

If/when I ever make another batch of these I will probably just make the ones with the notch rather than make both seems pointless to make both.

Agreed.

#7844 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I agree, had one for a while and a fun game to play!

#7845 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I have had some requests from people to buy these so I finally decided to set up a shop to officially sell them. Hopefully I have it all set up right.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1475-20eyes/07810-classic-stern-drop-target-reset-link
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'm definitely in on these.

#7846 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Good thought. But odds are that I will not be going to TPF this year.
Actually, I am thinking of using the play field as a working blank for fitting purposes while I am doing my builds. I have a Meteor play field but it is twisted. This play field is straight and flat. And not worth very much.

I down voted you, but only the part about not going to TPF.

#7847 1 year ago

Streaming tonight Feb 6th @ 7:30pm Central on Twitch....

Wormhole Pinball presents: Wild Fyre! Hope some of you can join in and chat with us about the idiosyncrasies of the game!

https://www.twitch.tv/wormholepinball

#7848 1 year ago

Picked up a split second today and sold it to a friend who collects classic sterns

04A89676-ECCF-43B5-9687-9FF4CA0619F3 (resized).jpeg04A89676-ECCF-43B5-9687-9FF4CA0619F3 (resized).jpeg0DDB4ED6-5655-4F60-A868-F3B210EB8260 (resized).jpeg0DDB4ED6-5655-4F60-A868-F3B210EB8260 (resized).jpeg256124B6-989D-470D-A983-E5C174DB9BCD (resized).jpeg256124B6-989D-470D-A983-E5C174DB9BCD (resized).jpeg5E3ED92B-8A38-4F84-9D7E-E7362043D892 (resized).jpeg5E3ED92B-8A38-4F84-9D7E-E7362043D892 (resized).jpeg622BE8B7-472C-4A28-A982-ABE2DE7985AB (resized).jpeg622BE8B7-472C-4A28-A982-ABE2DE7985AB (resized).jpeg6DE068A3-2686-47AF-A8EE-2D21B6FF15ED (resized).jpeg6DE068A3-2686-47AF-A8EE-2D21B6FF15ED (resized).jpeg7CAE3849-2953-49A9-9659-CA85F5795C9C (resized).jpeg7CAE3849-2953-49A9-9659-CA85F5795C9C (resized).jpeg908DFF4E-E3B1-43FA-BC89-089C146990EC (resized).jpeg908DFF4E-E3B1-43FA-BC89-089C146990EC (resized).jpegAB3399D4-F38F-40DF-81BF-9699B38EF4AC (resized).jpegAB3399D4-F38F-40DF-81BF-9699B38EF4AC (resized).jpegC84B9593-353F-4C2D-ABB0-56D7362D28B7 (resized).jpegC84B9593-353F-4C2D-ABB0-56D7362D28B7 (resized).jpegCA68F6F4-07D5-468D-9A02-8E2B87609B5B (resized).jpegCA68F6F4-07D5-468D-9A02-8E2B87609B5B (resized).jpegDABAEE07-9072-4C25-A261-0264A60E70C2 (resized).jpegDABAEE07-9072-4C25-A261-0264A60E70C2 (resized).jpegE609F032-F9C0-484C-ADDA-584B90482735 (resized).jpegE609F032-F9C0-484C-ADDA-584B90482735 (resized).jpegF6456B69-17F7-4EEF-8466-1E2FB5A89C6D (resized).jpegF6456B69-17F7-4EEF-8466-1E2FB5A89C6D (resized).jpegF7A1A93F-C03D-4EB5-8AEC-0F6D9D92ECE2 (resized).jpegF7A1A93F-C03D-4EB5-8AEC-0F6D9D92ECE2 (resized).jpeg
#7849 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Picked up a split second today and sold it to a friend who collects classic sterns
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Owned it for a split second, eh

#7850 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice looking Split Second. The back glass looks like it is in very good condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 215.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.