IMG_2235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5334 (resized).jpeg
received_370555139185864 (resized).jpeg
received_771951581167939 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240309_154730836 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240310_113615609 (resized).jpg
IMG_2190 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 214.
#7451 1 year ago

Hey cottonm4 there's an exceptionally nice looking Lectronamo project in your neck of the woods for a good price on Facebook right now. Really fun game. Wish I was closer!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/827750585019984/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab909f0e8-1438-45ea-9874-ade30fb9aadd

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.34.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.34.15 PM (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Hey cottonm4 there's an exceptionally nice looking Lectronamo project in your neck of the woods for a good price on Facebook right now. Really fun game. Wish I was closer!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/827750585019984/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab909f0e8-1438-45ea-9874-ade30fb9aadd[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up but it is sold. I would have bought that one.

#7453 1 year ago

I purchased a Star Gazer rom set for my machine. I was really hoping to use the OEM MPU. I bought the chips from Ministry of Pinball. I stuck them in a known good board and got a single flash from my MPU. I reinstalled the original chips and the board worked fine. The vendor swears they are checked over before they are shipped out but I have my doubts. Is there anyone one on the board that can check them out for me? Personally, I think they are crap but would love confirmation. Please let me know. My Star Gazer is currently running on a Alltek Ultimate MPU.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/star-gazer-cpu-game-rom-set.html

#7454 1 year ago

There are lots of different rom jumper options. Stern usually went with four 2716 in the mpu200 era but check your chip type you are trying to use matches the rom jumpers.

Two 2732 is the best option if you are going to change them. Two less chip sockets to flake out.

#7455 1 year ago

Today, I loaded my Mirco Nine Ball play field on to the rotisserie. I made a mod to my rotisserie so I can assemble the play field complete, including the apron while the play field is still loaded.

I set it up so I can mount the play field using the 2 play field locating brackets. The way it works is to drill a #10 hole in each of the locating brackets ( for those who want to call them support brackets, they support no weight ). I cut a 2 x 4 to size to set the brackets on and screw them down to.

IMG_1638 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpg

This leaves the lower side of play field wide open. And the rotisserie does not get in the way.

IMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1641 (resized).JPG

IMG_1640 (resized).jpgIMG_1640 (resized).jpg

#7456 1 year ago

I did not know you could still buy these cable clamps. All nice and shiny white. No 40 years worth of nicotine staining.

IMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpg

The source

https://shop.hillmangroup.com/ccrz__ProductList?operation=quickSearch&searchText=clamp&cclcl=en_US

#7457 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I did not know you could still buy these cable clamps. All nice and shiny white. No 40 years worth of nicotine staining.
[quoted image]
The source
https://shop.hillmangroup.com/ccrz__ProductList?operation=quickSearch&searchText=clamp&cclcl=en_US

you mean these?

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=cable%20clamp

#7458 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
The source

Someone tell him they also still make them in black…..he will lose his mind! Lol

#7459 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Someone tell him they also still make them in black…..he will lose his mind! Lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z1XB3M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Eowpower 225Pcs 9 Size Nylon R Type Cable Clamp Fastener Assortment Kit for (1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 1) Inch

#7460 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
The source

It's cheaper to buy them in bulk. 25 or 100 pieces per bag. It's hard to find the smaller sizes in half inch wide like used on Bally games but Grainger has them.

#7461 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

"MAXI" brand blanks. Those are cool as hell. I also try to keep original keys for my games (or find the correct era) for each game, when I buy them... especially for the heads.

ebay.com link: itm

#7462 1 year ago

I buy my P-clips from Digikey. They’re the heavy duty ones that are a perfect match for the originals.

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from semicolin:

I buy my P-clips from Digikey. They’re the heavy duty ones that are a perfect match for the originals.

Do you have a link or P/N for those? The one i get are sometime pretty thin...

#7464 1 year ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

It's cheaper to buy them in bulk. 25 or 100 pieces per bag. It's hard to find the smaller sizes in half inch wide like used on Bally games but Grainger has them.

100 for $12.41 plus $2.88 shipping on Amazon. $0.1529 each.
https://www.amazon.com/X-DREE-100Pcs-Fastener-morsetto-fermacavo/dp/B09DD3179G/ref=mp_s_a_1_21

#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Do you have a link or P/N for those? The one i get are sometime pretty thin...

I only order the Richco series P-clamps, Digikey/Manufacturer part number on the left:
N-1: 1/16"
N-2: 1/8"
N-3: 3/16"
N-4: 1/4"
N-5: 5/16"
N-6: 3/8"
N-7: 7/16"
N-8: 1/2"
N-9B: 9/16"
N-10B: 5/8"
N-11B: 11/16"
N-12B: 3/4"
N-14B: 7/8"
N-16B: 1"
N-18B: 1-1/8"

#7466 1 year ago

Looking to buy a 5 bank memory drop target set cheetah,trident cash or i have a nine ball drop target assembly to trade for the 5 bank.pm me

#7467 1 year ago

I cooked up something for Seawitch today. Have a look.

I have some .125 polycarbonate on hand and the idea just hit me this afternoon. So I went to work.

I cut the poly to match the upper left orbit plastic. I modded a plastic post and attached it to the poly.

IMG_1726 (resized).jpgIMG_1726 (resized).jpg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpgIMG_1725 (resized).jpg

This lets me completely remove the lowest post to really open up this area. The modded post sits over the GI bulb. The post rubber protects the bulb from ball impact.

This really opens up the left orbit in order to make the shot easier.

IMG_1722 (resized).jpgIMG_1722 (resized).jpg

Now, when playing, the GI light shines in my eyes. I may just remove the bulb and use an un-modded short post to block the open GI light hole.

IMG_1723 (resized).jpgIMG_1723 (resized).jpg

It is very easy to make. As noted, it is .125 thick poly. The .125 is solid enough to support the orbit plastic and pretty much hides in plain sight.

IMG_1730 (resized).JPGIMG_1730 (resized).JPG

I could make a few of these up if anybody is interested.

#7468 1 year ago

haha that's quite the mod there

#7469 1 year ago

Boy it has been too long since I've poked around my favorite pinside thread. Glad to see the same familiar names posting & working away

I thought I would mention that I've been debating the last few months whether I should just bite the bullet & purchase a subpar Mirco Nine Ball playfield....or just keep waiting for the slim chance that CPR might decide to make one.

Well imaging my surprise last week when I visited CPR's website & was STUNNED to see them offering Nine Ball playfields now, with corrected errors that were present in the original art! I couldn't click the buy button fast enough.

I expect to receive it this week. Not sure if anyone has purchased this PF from CPR, but I'll post some pics when I receive it.

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well imaging my surprise last week when I visited CPR's website & was STUNNED to see them offering Nine Ball playfields now

I'm hoping CPR will do a Quicksilver playfield, Stu said no last time I contacted him, but as they have done a Nine Ball pf their may be hope yet...

#7471 1 year ago

It looks like I am picking up a broken Wild Fyre. This could be the beginning of my Quicksilver conversion. We’ll see after I give it the once over in the shop. I believe the cabinets are exactly the same except for the speaker hole in the bottom needed for Quicksilver. Can anyone confirm? I can cut that myself. Still not sure what to do about the transformer issue. Quicksilver only has 2 flippers so I could use the smaller Wild Fyre transformer. I could also buy a Homepin transformer. It has plenty of juice but looks wrong. Anybody have a 16B-6 transformer they want to part with?

#7472 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Still not sure what to do about the transformer issue. Quicksilver only has 2 flippers so I could use the smaller Wild Fyre transformer.

I used "the small" transformer in my Seawitch build and it worked just fine. Over 500 plays in 48 hours at Pintastic.

#7473 1 year ago

I converted this toasted Wild Fyre into a QS. I used all new wiring from Third Coast and had access to a 16B-6 transformer, so I did cut a new hole in the bottom of the cab for the speaker. Really just however you want to do it.

If you’re using a larger transformer you’ll likely need to re-route the wiring to the bottom of the cab. The transformer on Wild Fyre is in the head and I don't know if the larger one will fit up there.

It's been discussed at length in here before but I did swap in/out a Bally 122-125, 16B-3, and 16B-6 to compare after I got the build completed. The -3 and Bally felt essentially the same. The -6 had a noticeable oomph bump, but it’s not like your game will suck with the others, especially with a new clearcoated playfield. Just to try it out, I even put the -3 in my F2K and it played great.

No experience with the Homepin transformer but it's supposed to match the Bally 122-125 spec, right?

7A66B954-2B0B-41DB-8171-2113C90DA9C7 (resized).jpeg7A66B954-2B0B-41DB-8171-2113C90DA9C7 (resized).jpeg
#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I used "the small" transformer in my Seawitch build and it worked just fine. Over 500 plays in 48 hours at Pintastic.

I would think the smaller transformer would have issues running 4 flippers on a Seawitch. That is good news for me if it didn’t.

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

The -3 and Bally felt essentially the same. The -6 had a noticeable oomph bump, but it’s not like your game will suck with the others, especially with a new clearcoated playfield. Just to try it out, I even put the -3 in my F2K and it played great.

I would think the smaller transformer would have issues running 4 flippers on a Seawitch. That is good news for me if it didn’t.

I have not tried my -3 in Seawitch but will do so soon.

I did try the -3 out in my new Quicksilver build. The pin played---just OK. I had a bit of trouble getting the ball all the way up the left spinner chute on occasion. Then I put my -6 back in. The difference, while not tremendous, was noticeable. With the -6, when you hit the ball it has a certain snappy feel to it this is missing with the -3. I have the #475 flipper coils installed and I am thinking about trying a pair of 450s to see if that gives back some zip.

With Seawitch, those upper flippers have resistors installed so they are already "slowed down".

I also tried the -3 in my Catacomb. I lasted with that setup for about 5 minutes and put my -6 back in.

The Homepin unit appears to be the same as the Bally 122-125 and the Stern -3.

A couple of years ago I reached out to Mike at Homepin and talked the challenges the Stern builders are dealing with on transformers. He knows the differences between the transformers. And he knows Gary Stern. I has hoping that maybe he would pick up the mantle and perhaps tool up and make some -6s. Nothing ever come of it. Maybe if some others were to contact him he might step up. But in the end, it would be a very small market. It would be nice if something were to happen but it would take a miracle.

#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I did try the -3 out in my new Quicksilver build. The pin played---just OK. I had a bit of trouble getting the ball all the way up the left spinner chute on occasion. Then I put my -6 back in. The difference, while not tremendous, was noticeable. With the -6, when you hit the ball it has a certain snappy feel to it this is missing with the -3. I have the #475 flipper coils installed and I am thinking about trying a pair of 450s to see if that gives back some zip.
With Seawitch, those upper flippers have resistors installed so they are already "slowed down".
I also tried the -3 in my Catacomb. I lasted with that setup for about 5 minutes and put my -6 back in.
A couple of years ago I reached out to Mike at Homepin and talked the challenges the Stern builders are dealing with on transformers. He knows the differences between the transformers. And he knows Gary Stern. I has hoping that maybe he would pick up the mantle and perhaps tool up and make some -6s. Nothing ever come of it. Maybe if some others were to contact him he might step up. But in the end, it would be a very small market. It would be nice if something were to happen but it would take a miracle.

Now that is what I was expecting to experience with the smaller transformer. I would be interested if the different coils made a performance improvement. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the correct Stern transformer somewhere.

#7477 1 year ago

I used the Homepin transformer on my Seawitch. No issue with it and 4 flippers.

#7478 1 year ago

I believe the cabinets are exactly the same except for the speaker hole

I think you are correct. My Star Gazer build used a Dracula cabinet without issue.

#7479 1 year ago

Can anyone take a couple measurements from a flipper bushing for an MPU200 game for me please? The part number for the correct bushing is 4A-111-W-2. I suspect I have the wrong bushings installed in my Seawitch, but there's no marking on the parts so I'm unable to tell. Total length of bushing from top to bottom of the one I pulled out is approx 1+3/8" (the lens skews the perspective in the pic a bit, but I believe my measurement is accurate). I appreciate any help!

PXL_20221109_152655503.jpgPXL_20221109_152655503.jpg

#7480 1 year ago

That looks correct. You might need these: https://www.pinballlife.com/nylon-flipper-shaft-spacer.html

#7481 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

CPR's website & was STUNNED to see them offering Nine Ball playfields now, with corrected errors that were present in the original art!

I recall when Kevin at CPR called my self and some others on the phone, that Kevin said something to me about correcting some NB art but I did not understand what he was talking about.

What are the errors you are speaking of?

#7482 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I recall when Kevin at CPR called my self and some others on the phone, that Kevin said something to me about correcting some NB art but I did not understand what he was talking about.

If you look at the photos of Nine Ball at CPR you can see the corrections they made. They have several before and after pictures. I hate to say it but I compared it in detail with Mirco’s version. I think I like Mirco’s better. Mirco is using that ceramic topcoat now too.

#7483 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Described here in these images.

For the record, Mirco had is own issues producing this playfield. He ignored requests from customers to fix the original artwork & did an initial run was that full of errors & muddled graphics. When enough people complained, he went back and improved the artwork, but you never know what you're going to get from him. My friend ordered the a Mirco 2nd run playfield with the corrected artwork, but it arrived more warped than a potato chip & he's spent the last year trying to get it flattened out.

I'm happy to support CPR. My playfield arrived yesterday but I didn't get a chance to take photos. I'll try to do it & post them tonight.

nb1 (resized).JPGnb1 (resized).JPGnb2 (resized).JPGnb2 (resized).JPG
#7484 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Described here in these images.
For the record, Mirco had is own issues producing this playfield. He ignored requests from customers to fix the original artwork & did an initial run was that full of errors & muddled graphics. When enough people complained, he went back and improved the artwork, but you never know what you're going to get from him. My friend ordered the a Mirco 2nd run playfield with the corrected artwork, but it arrived more warped than a potato chip & he's spent the last year trying to get it flattened out.
I'm happy to support CPR. My playfield arrived yesterday but I didn't get a chance to take photos. I'll try to do it & post them tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I know what you mean about Mirco. These are the two things that really bug me about the CPR playfield.

4C4691FF-1E2E-474C-8B8A-EC8C3D805441 (resized).jpeg4C4691FF-1E2E-474C-8B8A-EC8C3D805441 (resized).jpeg
#7485 1 year ago

I know what you mean about Mirco. These are the two things that really bug me about the CPR playfield. [quoted image]

Thanks for pointing out. I'll take a close look at that when I open the box tonight

#7486 1 year ago

I know what you mean about Mirco. These are the two things that really bug me about the CPR playfield. [quoted image]

That's piss poor on both errors. No quality control at CPR? There is no excuse for these two items.

My Mirco NB play field is true to factory on these two items.

#7487 1 year ago

Well I’m pretty damn impressed! CPR Nine Ball. Arrived flat as a board, zero warping, vibrant colors, sharp details, and no major errors to my eye. Very satisfied

1ABB9D40-5796-45E3-A917-B936DE0EAA54.jpeg1ABB9D40-5796-45E3-A917-B936DE0EAA54.jpeg57DFBFC9-AA21-4506-93D8-18C7ECB1EC68.jpeg57DFBFC9-AA21-4506-93D8-18C7ECB1EC68.jpeg71DC13B2-D4C0-4483-A4C8-68F1A5C6761F.jpeg71DC13B2-D4C0-4483-A4C8-68F1A5C6761F.jpegF043DCD0-599B-4E71-A777-EEC431946EA9.jpegF043DCD0-599B-4E71-A777-EEC431946EA9.jpeg43EA19A7-0C5D-4E37-98FF-81C3F5997BE8.jpeg43EA19A7-0C5D-4E37-98FF-81C3F5997BE8.jpegDE51D4D5-DB46-40EA-94A8-20B012B45759.jpegDE51D4D5-DB46-40EA-94A8-20B012B45759.jpeg9FA23976-5025-4F31-8977-C61C2EEAE0B1.jpeg9FA23976-5025-4F31-8977-C61C2EEAE0B1.jpegB7B8E1D9-147C-4A20-9AF5-7F55CF16D4B8.jpegB7B8E1D9-147C-4A20-9AF5-7F55CF16D4B8.jpegFCCE8092-6F7B-4B33-9AB2-8D7082B12F5C.jpegFCCE8092-6F7B-4B33-9AB2-8D7082B12F5C.jpeg
#7488 1 year ago

looks great, though i am fine with my Mirco haha, i guess i am not as nitpicky as most since my original is complete trashed-

#7489 1 year ago

I tried using those spacers and they did help...but the problem returned soon after. If the bushing is correct, I'll have to take a closer look at the rest of the assemblies and see if there's something else that might be amiss...

Thanks for the response!

#7490 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

I tried using those spacers and they did help...but the problem returned soon after. If the bushing is correct, I'll have to take a closer look at the rest of the assemblies and see if there's something else that might be amiss...
Thanks for the response!

Back in the day Stern used brass washers as spacers between their flippers and bushings. That nylon one looked a little thin to me.

#7491 1 year ago

What is the problem you’re having @frunch? Sticky flipper? It could be a spring snagging or maybe the incorrect coil sleeve length?

#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My Mirco NB play field is true to factory on these two items.

I bought 2 original run Mircos WH20 and AFM. I had them a few years and then put them in. Both have ghosted bad from my perspective. I have 3 CPR playfields I have put in over the same time period and have yet to have an issue with the clear. ...Yet
I had Chris at HEP clear and fix several play fields for me and he said there was no saving the AFM. I want to note they looked great for a year or 2 but when I finally chose to take the games out of the lineup and restore the playfields showed the ghosting.

There are mistakes in CPR but I have yet to have a problem as bad as Mirco. I will not buy them again. YMMV

#7493 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I bought 2 original run Mircos WH20 and AFM. I had them a few years and then put them in. Both have ghosted bad from my perspective. I have 3 CPR playfields I have put in over the same time period and have yet to have an issue with the clear. ...Yet
I had Chris at HEP clear and fix several play fields for me and he said there was no saving the AFM. I want to note they looked great for a year or 2 but when I finally chose to take the games out of the lineup and restore the playfields showed the ghosting.
There are mistakes in CPR but I have yet to have a problem as bad as Mirco. I will not buy them again. YMMV

hopefully they have improve their process, they haven't been around quite as much as CPR and making PF at scale can't be easy. I think QS is the first one i bought from them, so far nothing too bad except some pooling under a couple of post i tighten too hard before i need better and the washer trick.

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

My friend ordered the a Mirco 2nd run playfield with the corrected artwork, but it arrived more warped than a potato chip & he's spent the last year trying to get it flattened out.

I’m not an apologist for anyone in the pinball biz; that said I guess I’ve just been lucky that the 2 Mirco playfields I have gotten (Whitewater and Spirit) arrived very nicely packaged and without flaws. Dimpling was precise/accurate. Topcoat was great. I’ve seen numerous CPRs that had really thin clearcoat layers, to the point that I scuffed and re-cleared them. And CPR’s dimpling is faint to nonexistent, which is a real problem on complex playfields with a lot of ramps, etc.

Cool that CPR is going that extra mile to fix errors from the original production run, surely. Good on them. But really, I try to bear in mind that 10 years ago, there were very few repro playfields and parts weren’t so available as they are now either. Again, I may just be lucky that my a Mirco experiences have been positive.

As for playfields arriving not flat, that’s a bummer, but I can tell you from experience that the 40 year old NOS Warlok playfield that I installed 2 years ago was badly warped, but once it had all of the wiring, coil brackets and assemblies and everything else installed, the weight of all that and a bit of pressure to seat the brackets into the lockdown receiver readily coerced the playfield into laying flat. After a couple of weeks, it had basically gotten retrained and didn’t even spring back much once the lockdown bar and glass were off. Warped plywood really doesn’t take direction without being clamped into position; in my experience the best way to do that is to put the playfield together and get it into the machine.

#7495 1 year ago

It looks like I am picking up a broken Wild Fyre. This could be the beginning of my Quicksilver conversion. We’ll see after I give it the once over in the shop. I believe the cabinets are exactly the same except for the speaker hole in the bottom needed for Quicksilver. Can anyone confirm? I can cut that myself. Still not sure what to do about the transformer issue. Quicksilver only has 2 flippers so I could use the smaller Wild Fyre transformer. I could also buy a Homepin transformer. It has plenty of juice but looks wrong. Anybody have a 16B-6 transformer they want to part with?

My quicksilver has been on location in a wild Fyre cabinet with that transformer for 6 months now. No problems.

#7496 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Now that is what I was expecting to experience with the smaller transformer. I would be interested if the different coils made a performance improvement. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the correct Stern transformer somewhere.

I have set the -3 transformer into my Seawitch. It plays OK. If you could not compare the -3 vs. the -6 you would get by OK. But just OK. The -3 has done well with Dracula, Stars, etc. But the -3 does not have that panache the -6 gives. It does not have that last little bit of sass that I get with the -6.

I was still new to this Stern stuff when I bought mu Nine Ball and Dragonfist. They both played OK and I did not know better. But both of these pins came to me with -3 transformers. When I finally got educated and knew there were the two different transformers I did some swapping around. Installing the proper -6 transformer was a night and day difference with Nine Ball and it long shot open play field. And the -6 was big difference with Dragonfist.

With Seawitch and the -475 flipper coils, and the play field not being quite as open, it is doable, but I am going to buy a pair of 450 flipper coils and see if that will juice things up with the lower flippers. The upper flippers are fine.

#7497 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have set the -3 transformer into my Seawitch. It plays OK. If you could not compare the -3 vs. the -6 you would get by OK. But just OK. The -3 has done well with Dracula, Stars, etc. But the -3 does not have that panache the -6 gives. It does not have that last little bit of sass that I get with the -6.
I was still new to this Stern stuff when I bought mu Nine Ball and Dragonfist. They both played OK and I did not know better. But both of these pins came to me with -3 transformers. When I finally got educated and knew there were the two different transformers I did some swapping around. Installing the proper -6 transformer was a night and day difference with Nine Ball and it long shot open play field. And the -6 was big difference with Dragonfist.
With Seawitch and the -475 flipper coils, and the play field not being quite as open, it is doable, but I am going to buy a pair of 450 flipper coils and see if that will juice things up with the lower flippers. The upper flippers are fine.

So how does the homepin transformer compare with the -3 and -6?

#7498 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

BorgDog Good question.

#7499 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I don't have a Homepin transformer to compare. I wish I did.

If someone has a Homepin transformer and would be willing to lend it to me, I would wire it up and give it a workout for comparison and then send it back. I would pay return shipping.

#7500 1 year ago

This SB-300 sound board is from my Seawitch. It has lost some of its sounds and makes a loud hum. I recapped it about 3 years ago.

Does anybody know what I need to replace on this board to fix it?

IMG_1797 (resized).JPGIMG_1797 (resized).JPG

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ali
Poolville, TX
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.
Cabinet parts
$ 45.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 214.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.