New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 86621)

Price Check : 1979 Williams Laser Ball

By Chosen_S

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KingNine
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

01Laser Ball.jpg
IMG_0949.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I have an opportunity to buy a 1979 William Laser Ball (widebody), its about a 7.5 hour round trip for me to go get it, its not working properly, game starts, flippers aren't working, its probably just the diodes? the cabinet and everything is probably a grade 7, dirty, backglass has paint cracking... any Idea of what I should offer?

Thank you, any advice is much apreciated

#2 6 years ago

There are 9 sales records of Laser Ball on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $413.00 for this game. The game you describe is no working and should bring much less

Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:

http://www.pinballprice.com/

#3 6 years ago

Honestly, it isn't worth shipping, and it alone isn't worth 8 hours on the road even if it's given to you.

Game is worth $400-500 working and shopped out, and if it needs a board or displays, you're upside down already once you compute travel expenses, gas and say $200 for the game.

#4 6 years ago

Thank you guys so much for the info, I really appreciate it!!!

#5 6 years ago

How strange. Just picked one of these up today for $250 and it is not even one of the machines we were going to get.
This one has a stuck transistor on one of the pop bumpers but otherwise very nice shape.
Backglass has some issues on the top right but other than that is great.
Never even heard of Laser Ball before today.
But here it is next to the Barracorra we also picked up today.

IMG_0949.JPG
#6 6 years ago

That's purdy!

#7 6 years ago

Paid 600 for mine and it was extremely nice, and in a HUO enviroment for most of its life...

perfect BG 9.5 outta 10 PF, and an amazing unfaded cab...

bought it here on pinside and it saT FOR LIKE A WEEK AT 500 BEFORE I PULLED THE TRIGGER...

fun, and can be a VERY fast game if dialed in correctly, but kinda easy...too easy for me... especialy when your limited on room...

#8 6 years ago

I passed on one that the seller was asking $400 for, sounds like similar condition to the one you are looking at.

#9 6 years ago

Thats our Laser Ball that Arcade posted above. In really sweet condition. I'm kind of excited about it. The colors on it are pretty an really lend themselves to LED lights. I hade a few cool white LEDs left over so I put them in the sling shots to see what they looked like and wow did they make it pop. Didn't even plan on getting it when we made the trip to get the Barracora. Glad we did now. So far I don't see what other don't see in it. Maybe I will after we replace the broken TIP switch and get to play it. We actually put a ball in the field and manually shot it around with our thumbs on the flippers just being silly. They layout seems very conducive to a good flow from horsing around with it.

#10 6 years ago

game is huge!! make sure you have room!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Thats our Laser Ball that Arcade posted above. In really sweet condition. I'm kind of excited about it. The colors on it are pretty an really lend themselves to LED lights. I hade a few cool white LEDs left over so I put them in the sling shots to see what they looked like and wow did they make it pop. Didn't even plan on getting it when we made the trip to get the Barracora. Glad we did now. So far I don't see what other don't see in it. Maybe I will after we replace the broken TIP switch and get to play it. We actually put a ball in the field and manually shot it around with our thumbs on the flippers just being silly. They layout seems very conducive to a good flow from horsing around with it.

it does have good flow, and is fun, but it is pretty easy to master on a fairly consistant basis...

#12 6 years ago

Here I am! I found a Laser ball me too.. not functioning, cabinet in bad shape (whole but ruined stencil drawings), playfield as pictured... the seller asked me 200 euros (approx 280 USD)...
I do not know whether to accept and take it away or leave it... the main thought is: I could feed my Williams collection, but...another system 6???
Your idea?

01Laser Ball.jpg
#13 6 years ago

Just sold a working one last fall for $300. Tough game to get rid of in my opinion. Playfield is 27" wide.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

it does have good flow, and is fun, but it is pretty easy to master on a fairly consistant basis...

I guess I could see that. Something else is poping that TIP switch as it poped again and only about 3 coils on the game fire right now. Just the flippers the eject and left return work. All the pops and slings plus upper eject hole don't fire. It's a shame we can't play it yet. It really is in cherry condition except a little wear on the BG.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 209.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BK Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside