8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I've only seen this title at a friend's collection and never asked how much he paid.

The backglass is about an 8/10, the playfield about an 8/10, I didn't get a chance to see the cabinet, and the legs are painted red (not sure if this is correct or not. In the press photo and the flyer, they are a dark color, but both are black and white). Cosmetically it looks decent. There is a glaring problem though.

A buddy has it in his shop and a customer gave it to him to work on over a year ago. It sounds like the customer is just done with it, and he wants to get rid of it. The shop owner is not an EM guy, and this one has the nightmare issue. Someone has cut/replace/rewired a lot of the game. He "thinks" he has it mostly working, but he was saying there is a stepper unit in the head that when the "fingers" touch the "rivets" in one particular section, it arcs/smokes until it's moved off of it. Like it's a dead short. So I'm anticipating a rewiring nightmare, and I'm not even sure if I will ever be able to get it working properly. I have access to a schematic, and if it's doable, I'd be interested but if I have to rewire a majority of the game, I may just get it to store it. It's somewhat buried in his shop and I haven't opened it up to see what I have in store for me.

So, long story short, what would be a fair price for this? (I guess a price check on the condition above with a somewhat easy fix, and a price check on the game with a nightmare rewiring job ahead).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1957-williams-kings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.