• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by qbass187
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys,
I’m looking at a non working Gottlieb Victory pinball.
Decent shape but won’t start a game.
Got GI and the flippers work but that’s about it.
Any idea on what it might be worth to offer?
Thanks!!

#2 2 years ago

Edit: this whole post was changed by the OP so my initial response made no sense. Deleted.

#3 2 years ago

I always discount if game does not work. All depends on condition. Really nice ones that fully work say 1600 to 2200. So base it off that. This is a great game. One of my favorites from that era.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Edit: this whole post was changed by the OP so my initial response made no sense. Deleted.

Yeah sorry, there must have been an old post draft that was saved or something that populated when I was putting this up. I though I got it quick enough… guess not, lol!
I appreciate the help though.

#5 2 years ago

Not working is a risk, no more than 1K. Simply put it's nothing more than a wood box with lights if it doesn't function.
Get it working and it's $1500 to $2500 depending on condition. My .02
-Mike

#6 2 years ago

Remember with those System 80 machines and their grounding issues they can be a PITA to get up and running unless you have a fair amount of experience with Gottlieb System 80 machines. If I was looking at one that didn't work I would assume the worst and base my offer accordingly. If you are trying to grab it "cheap" I would thing $500 but if it is a friend or something like that and you want to be "more than fair" I would think $700 to $750.

As posted above fixed up it should end up being a $1500 machine but you could end up putting 15 or 20 hours and $500 worth of parts into it. So the "safe number" would be closer to $500.

With all of that said I have enough bad experiences with Gottlieb System 80 machines that I am cheap when it comes to how I value them.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Remember with those System 80 machines and their grounding issues they can be a PITA to get up and running unless you have a fair amount of experience with Gottlieb System 80 machines. If I was looking at one that didn't work I would assume the worst and base my offer accordingly. If you are trying to grab it "cheap" I would thing $500 but if it is a friend or something like that and you want to be "more than fair" I would think $700 to $750.
As posted above fixed up it should end up being a $1500 machine but you could end up putting 15 or 20 hours and $500 worth of parts into it. So the "safe number" would be closer to $500.
With all of that said I have enough bad experiences with Gottlieb System 80 machines that I am cheap when it comes to how I value them.

LOL I thought this was about Volley .

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL I thought this was about Volley .

Says Victory in the title & in his description so I am assuming it is a System 80 Victory but I know the feeling with names. One day I drove to see a "Soccer Pinball Machine" (I was thinking an old Gottlieb Soccer EM) that ended up being a Williams System 9 "Sorcerer" -- I ended up being pleasantly surprised but I kept looking around for the Soccer machine in the guys basement. Thankfully I brought home a Sorcerer instead!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I’m not familiar with the grounding issues. My experience is mainly with sys3 & Gottlieb vids. Any info you could point me towards?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I’m not familiar with the grounding issues. My experience is mainly with sys3 & Gottlieb vids. Any info you could point me towards?

Start with section 5.3 to learn about grounds for system 80.
I have seen machines run perfect without the mods being implemented.
-Mike
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Start with section 5.3 to learn about grounds for system 80.
I have seen machines run perfect without the mods being implemented.
-Mike
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

Thanks!!! Much appreciated

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.