(Topic ID: 12096)

Preview Color DMD Medieval Madness Preview...

By Butterflygirl24

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tpellowe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GBC.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Hey all here is a sneak peak at the newest color DMD after AFM...and I will just say that they are both REALLY COOL in the games!!

http://www.colordmd.com/

Phoebe

#2 12 years ago

I have seen this in person and it is amazing......
Now if I only had a MM.
Doug

#3 12 years ago

If you look at the flyer for this game the dmd is in red.So I tried on of those red filters and it just didn't look right to me.Went back to original.While intrigued by the color dmd I'm chicken to drop the coin only to find myself changing back to original.Cool innovation nonetheless.Scott

#4 12 years ago

The whole concept is amazing and yes, it looks awesome in person. I hope they keep expanding to different games that are more readily available as it might be able to drive cost down if they can produce more

#5 12 years ago

Does anyone know what the cost of this is? Saw it at expo on AFM and I was impressed, never heard anyone mention a price..

#6 12 years ago

Wow, that is so awesome. Their website says $399.00 for the first run that will work with AFM, MM after that. Too cool!!

#7 12 years ago

Wow. That looks great! Love the AFM one too.

#8 12 years ago

Want this for my MB in the absolute worst possible way.

#9 12 years ago

Of course the first two coming out have to be machines that I own and will have to have them for. There's another $800. Who's next?

#10 12 years ago

I assume that means we may be seeing it at the Ohio show..

#11 12 years ago

$399 seems pretty fair. I'd love to see one of these come out for TSPP - but perhaps their plans are only to touch on the William's?

#12 12 years ago

I would love to get this in my mm during its restore

#13 12 years ago

It's awesome. I would pay double the $799 for it to work in my Hyperpin with all future updates free (of course). I would even let them keep the LCD.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Of course the first two coming out have to be machines that I own and will have to have them for. There's another $800. Who's next?

+1
Those videos sold me. I just got two shaker motors for these two games and a bunch of LED saucer and alien mods for my AFM.... what's another $800.
I actually thought they would cost more.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

$399 seems pretty fair. I'd love to see one of these come out for TSPP - but perhaps their plans are only to touch on the William's?

if you watch the second video in that link, they show standard dmds of lotr, tspp and a few others. i can only assume they are planning to branch out to stern. Either that or they are just teasing us! That's not outside of the realm of possibility.

#16 12 years ago

I believe the next game is going to be TAF...

and yes Blakesell...they will both be at the Ohio show!

Phoebe

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I believe the next game is going to be TAF...

Oh man, That's $1200 coming out of my pocket now. Stop the instanity!!!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Want this for my MB in the absolute worst possible way.

+1. MB would look great with this.

#19 12 years ago

After watching the video mm is next on my list

#20 12 years ago

Looks like they're certainly targeting the high-end and high-volume market first with AFM, MM and TAF. Makes sense. I'm sure MB wont be far behind.
I saw a clip of Whitewater in the original vid. Hopefully that's on the roster too. I can't think of any game that would not benefit from this. I'd really love one for my IJ too... with the 3 video modes and all the rich DMD content, it would really make that game pop!

#21 12 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up, Phoebe! I was very impressed by the AFM at Expo.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

if you watch the second video in that link, they show standard dmds of lotr, tspp and a few others. i can only assume they are planning to branch out to stern. Either that or they are just teasing us! That's not outside of the realm of possibility.

I see that now. I hope you're right, but the trail they're headed down seems like they're going to cover all of the A-list 90's games first. They probably figure if people are willing to purchase a game for 6k, they probably won't bat an eye at $400.

Hopefully there's enough interest that they can start pumping these out a little quicker.

#23 12 years ago

agreed

#24 12 years ago

wow, very cool. They need to do the four super DMD games so we can stop shelling out 500 bucks for those large Sega dmd's and give colorDMD our money instead.

Because i would. I definitely, definitely would. Start with Batman Forever Please!

#25 12 years ago

This being the first title, I would imagine that it is taking a long time to tool and set-up the assembly. I know that they have hit some pretty significant delays lately. But I am sure that the following titles will come out much more smoothly. The programming is obviously done for MM, already.

I wonder how tough these things are to install, honestly. They look like pretty big LCD boards. It isn't just going to be plug-and-play. That is apparent.

#26 12 years ago

My biggest curiosity is this.

Since it is actually just an emulated DMD on an LCD screen, could the artwork be redone in higher resolution?

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I wonder how tough these things are to install, honestly. They look like pretty big LCD boards. It isn't just going to be plug-and-play. That is apparent.

I'm not sure about that.. But the AFM at Expo had the color dmd swapped for a standard at some point in the show. I can't think it would be that difficult if they were willing to make that transfer before taking the machine down..but who knows.

#28 12 years ago

Install is very very easy...... plug and play.
They spent a lot of time getting everything just right!
Doug

#30 12 years ago

It can't be just plug and play. Isn't it a 15" LCD screen? That has to have brackets. What kind of install is required? On a WPC95 game, the translite is all boxed in on the back. Does this have to be altered to fit the LCD?

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

RDReynolds said:Want this for my MB in the absolute worst possible way.
+1. MB would look great with this.

+2

#32 12 years ago

I want this for my Star Trek Next Gen!

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

could the artwork be redone in higher resolution?

+100. That is indeed the question. Sure it could. But what an effort.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It can't be just plug and play. Isn't it a 15" LCD screen? That has to have brackets. What kind of install is required? On a WPC95 game, the translite is all boxed in on the back. Does this have to be altered to fit the LCD?

Someone sounds excited...

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Anim8ormatt said:could the artwork be redone in higher resolution?
+100. That is indeed the question. Sure it could. But what an effort.

I sort of like the "sprite" look that these games have. The color already makes a huge difference, I'd be content with that for sure. Although,.. TSPP would look pretty cool with actual cartoon clips running on a LCD...

#36 12 years ago

Long overdue. I'll be picking up a couple when available.

#37 12 years ago

One downside is that only 100 going on sale.........think they might go quick!

#38 12 years ago

very sweet!

also if you buy then resale ya will most likely be able to recoupe the $$ if you de mod it from the pin when selling

#39 12 years ago

Really cool!

#40 12 years ago

I think they should do the Shadow next, and get all the Brian Eddy games completed.

#41 12 years ago

The color DMD on AFM is absolutely nuts good. It really is. If you can afford an AFM, there's really no reason not to have the upgrade unless you're a purist for originality—which I can respect. Along with Dug, I've seen and played MM with an early version of the color DMD and it was great too. It was still pretty rough around the edges then but it's clear from the preview vid that they've done a TON of work on it since I had the opportunity to see it. I can't wait to get some time on a finalized version.

#42 12 years ago

impressed looks so nice.. Like to see the damsels in color.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

One downside is that only 100 going on sale

If that is right, watch out ebay, here they come. Or maybe they will go to hardcore AFM fans first. I don't know, ebay is pretty fast to jump on.

#44 12 years ago

Hey Guys,

I have actually got some playtime in on these over the weekend!!
They are REALLY COOL looking in person...even better than the video!
The colors look GREAT, MM has alot more colors than AFM, especially purple which is awesome to me!! I actually like the fact that you can decipher the things you are
throwing with the catapult much easier in color instead of orange
blobs...it really helps with getting barnyard MB. My hubby actually
got KOR tonight, so I got to actually see pretty much the entire
thing, with the exception of video mode which is not colored yet. The
AFM is still the proto board from Expo. So maybe the production one
will be changed a little bit. (but it still looks AWESOME!!!) The AFM
is mine, the MM belongs to a friend (Brian Coney) I have them both set
up I my living room with Congo (my only other DMD) in between them.
Congo looks so "FREAKIN ORANGE" (Amy sad) with those 2 on either
side of it. I'm not going to hold my breath for them to do Congo
anytime soon (or at all) HAHA!! although anything is possible I guess,
but I understand that TAF will be next up after MM...
Dug is correct...The installation on these was really quite simple. So they are pretty
much plug and play. My AFM has the Bill Ung saucer kit and Hallway kit, so it requires an extra cable to hook it up, but still very easy. The display mounts in the same holes as the original DMD, so no extra hardware required. The actual LCD screen fits nicely behind the speaker panel...it is actually thinner than the original display. The MM does have a USB port, so I don't know what
the plan is as far as that goes...Maybe in the future you will be able
to update and swap among different games, although I can't imagine
after having this in one game you would not want one in all your
WPC-95 games. (glad I only have 2...for now!!) As far as I have heard, they are sticking to the WPC games for the time being, but can't imagine that if they go over big they wouldn't do some Sterns in the future...Would love to see SM, and LOTR. Although, I can see where some of the video clips might be tough to colorize.

Phoebe

#45 12 years ago

:^] :^) :^D
I enjoyed this video so much.
Jabbing at ORANGE video!

#46 12 years ago

I'll totally buy one for the first machine that they do a conversion for.
LOTR deserves it for sure.

#47 12 years ago

LOTR deserves it for sure.

+1...
Hello bloody decapitations! Mwahahaha!!!
Unless they punk out ala SNES MK.
Sweat?!? My ass!!!

I was really impressed playing the AFM with the Color DMD installed at PPE last year.
It's like it is 1998 all over again!

GBC.jpgGBC.jpg

#49 12 years ago

Ok, just played today at the Louisville show with Color DMD on both AFM and MM. Both looked absolutely incredible. If I had either of these machines, I would buy it for both IMMEDIATELY. Really awesome stuff, made it feel like I was playing completely different games than I'd ever played before.

I then came home, played my beloved MB, and thought...you poor thing. You need color! COLOR DMD, WHERE FOR ART THOU??!!

#50 12 years ago

Seems long overdue doesn't it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/preview-color-dmd-medieval-madness-preview and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.