(Topic ID: 138742)

Preventing U/V damage with tinting

By radrats

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballJeff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

This is in no way a bash on this thread - I'm just interested in hearing your two cents. When we bought our house 8 years ago I went this route and hired a company to come in and tint the windows in my game room. As a test (not sure if it was a good one or not) I took a piece of red construction paper and folded it so that part was exposed to the light and another wasn't for comparison and then taped it to the window. Over time (can't remember if it was a couple weeks or couple months) I unfolded the paper to find that it had faded from the sunlight through the window. As I mentioned earlier, this was eight years ago and I don't know how much the technology has changed since then. I let the installer know what my goal was and he felt this was the best tint for the job. Since that discovery I've continued to cover my pins.

I hope the technology has changed and this works now. I interested to hear others experience and the OP feedback.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballJeff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/preventing-uv-damage-with-tinting?tu=PinballJeff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.