(Topic ID: 101400)

Pretty sure this confirms Walking Dead as the next Stern...

By Jediturtle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD.png
2014-08-26-21-56-52.png
YodaGoodJob.jpg
TWD.jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

So, being pretty new to pinball, do they release the art for Pro, Premium and LE all at once so you can decide based on that or do they stick it to the people who order a Premium from jump and release the LE afterwards?

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Plus they told me the new games "secret codename" was Dinner Time back in May when I was at the factory.
Join the dots and you have Zombies. Probably.
Mustangs codename was Biscuit. Because it's a horse. Like Sea Biscuit. Like a mustang. Get it?
rd.

I saw the "Dinner Time" wiring harness diagram during my factory tour a few weeks back and asked about that and my tour guide was very coy about it lol.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

So, being pretty new to pinball, do they release the art for Pro, Premium and LE all at once so you can decide based on that or do they stick it to the people who order a Premium from jump and release the LE afterwards?

stick it, like Mustang LE

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

stick it, like Mustang LE

Well that's a bit of a disappointment. I hope I love the Premium or have the patience to wait and see the LE before deciding.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but for those that may not pay attention to that one...
From the Walking Dead season 4 Blu-ray insert...

TWD.jpg 160 KB

What, my word isn't good enough? Pfffft.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

I saw the "Dinner Time" wiring harness diagram during my factory tour a few weeks back and asked about that and my tour guide was very coy about it lol.

Odds on there would have been a prototype "Dinner Time" pinball somewhere nearby if they already had the wiring harness board up in production ....

Say whatever you want about Stern, they have their production sorted.

rd.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What's nice is we'll all have TWD in our hands a short while from now. Gotta love the Stern release model.

Good thing you didn't make that bet with movingpictures, you'd be $20 poorer right now

#59 9 years ago

Stern couldn't keep this a secret due to their small oversite..........does this mean we finally get one back on stern with there cryptic clues they always put out about pinball releases.

#60 9 years ago

I called this 2 years ago. My guy was mistaken on the timeline, but not wrong. Oh, he's good.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Good thing you didn't make that bet with movingpictures, you'd be $20 poorer right now

The bet was made as soon as the money was sent.
Paging LesManley - Time for daddy to collect !

Don't worry, I will be using the money towards buying Sparky's MDM mod for Metallica.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

The bet was made as soon as the money was sent.
Paging LesManley - Time for daddy to collect !
Don't worry, I will be using the money towards buying Sparky's MDM mod for Metallica.

Never knew if I'd win, but thought we'd have more than 5 minutes of fun out of it .

#63 9 years ago

Bring on the playfield and cabinet pictures!

#64 9 years ago

There goes saving any money this year. Greatness

#65 9 years ago

Man I seriously hope the artwork is more comic book looking a la MET rather than boring still pics of cast members.

#66 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing and playing this one.

#67 9 years ago

2014-08-26-21-56-52.png2014-08-26-21-56-52.png

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Man I seriously hope the artwork is more comic book looking a la MET rather than boring still pics of cast members.

I agree..but honestly, it won't matter.

This theme is dynamite. It's going to be a hot sell...

Pete

#69 9 years ago

This is hilarious...great find.

#70 9 years ago

Hoping this will be a ColorDMD game.

#71 9 years ago

And this will be my first NIB pin. I have been preparing for it every since the rumors last year...

Now to just decide what trim level I want.... hrmmm...

#72 9 years ago

Great! I can't wait to see what generation hardware they pair this license up with.

Is this going to be the first pin produced at the new Stern factory?

#73 9 years ago

I gave Jedi credit on Stern FB

#74 9 years ago

This is my grail... I can't wait

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

does that mean you will be looking to sell ?

#76 9 years ago

Any chance this game unveils the LCD screen?

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Now to just decide what trim level I want.... hrmmm...

For your first NIB experience, go LE!!!!

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any chance this game unveils the LCD screen?

Mnpinball just said no

#79 9 years ago

I guess we'll be raiding the nest egg!

Personally, I hope it's based on the TV show. My husband & I are not comic book people, but we are Zombie lovers, so we had never heard of the comics before the show started. When we found out about the comics we decided to not read them until after the ends. This way we don't have any preconceived ideas of what should happen.

Also... I hope they DO bring back dead characters. How gratifying would it be to smash Lori & Andrea in the face (drop targets) with some steel balls! LMAO

And please, let there a Zombie Merle!!!!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

Also... I hope they DO bring back dead characters. How gratifying would it be to smash Lori & Andrea in the face (drop targets) with some steel balls! LMAO

Very.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

I hope they DO bring back dead characters. How gratifying would it be to smash Lori & Andrea in the face (drop targets) with some steel balls! LMAO

Mame Merle Multiball!!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

You and I will both buy NIB, but who will be the first to sell

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

who will be the first to sell

Black_rose

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You and I will both buy NIB, but who will be the first to sell

Toss up between Black Rose or CoasterGuy.

And FatTrain will sell his the day before the code update.

And Aurich will rip on the artwork.

And Markmon will add some spotlights.

'Cause that's how we roll around here ...

rd

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Love the show, will be keen to play it when it comes out but I have no interest in buying one.

And then when I mention this game to the missus tonight she says" Are you getting one?"

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Toss up between Black Rose or CoasterGuy.
And FatTrain will sell his the day before the code update.
And Markmon will add some spotlights.
'Cause that's how we roll around here ...
rd

You have it all figured out! LOL

Time to crack open a shasta and remember the good ole times in central US

#87 9 years ago

Looking at that blu-ray insert, it looks like the discount is just for ShopTheWalkingDead.com and not the pinball (unless it's also for sale on that site). I think they just happened to paste that coupon on top of the Stern back image.

1 week later
#88 9 years ago

Walking Dead definitely an interesting theme for us pin addicts to consider. So is this the next build to go out the door from Stern any ETA? Moved to Stern Pinball sub-forum.

#89 9 years ago

I don't mean this as a dig in anyway or want to stir the pot, and I'm in on both titles. But, I have a feeling I'll be seeing my WD before my MMRLE. Of course the best scenario is Stern can run both at the same time and they show up the same day I've never received two NIB's at the same time!

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I don't mean this as a dig in anyway or want to stir the pot, and I'm in on both titles. But, I have a feeling I'll be seeing my WD before my MMRLE.

I don't see how that's a dig?

I don't see how it's even a remote possibility that MMr will show up before TWD.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'll be seeing my WD before my MMRLE.

I would bet you dollars to pesos that you receive TWD before MMRLE. You may get an additional Stern release before MMRLE is released (you easily could get a vault edition release no question).

#92 9 years ago

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting so as to not get my hopes up. But, I've been down the yellow brick road so I know how to wait it out. Hopefully, I'll be playing Walking Dead by Halloween at least.

#93 9 years ago

so your saying there is a chance this is coming out by stern?

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

I guess we'll be raiding the nest egg!
Personally, I hope it's based on the TV show. My husband & I are not comic book people, but we are Zombie lovers, so we had never heard of the comics before the show started. When we found out about the comics we decided to not read them until after the ends. This way we don't have any preconceived ideas of what should happen.

The comic was first, the show doesn't mirror it completely, and the story and writing in the comic is far superior. You are really doing yourselves a disservice by waiting, as reading it won't spoil the show one bit.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

The comic was first, the show doesn't mirror it completely, and the story and writing in the comic is far superior. You are really doing yourselves a disservice by waiting, as reading it won't spoil the show one bit.

I HATE HATE HATE spoilers, so anything the comic says that MAY happen would be a spoiler to me.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would bet you dollars to pesos that you receive TWD before MMRLE. You may get an additional Stern release before MMRLE is released (you easily could get a vault edition release no question).

I heard TWD Spiderman VE then MMr would be great for me

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

I HATE HATE HATE spoilers, so anything the comic says that MAY happen would be a spoiler to me.

They diverted from the comic story greatly. not as many spoilers as you may think.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pre-writing some scathing critiques already!

I hope Stern just knocks the art out of the park. If the translites are blah and too TV show photoshoppy maybe I'll try and do a more comicy alternate. But I'd be stoked if I didn't even have to because they already looked bad ass.

#99 9 years ago

I wonder if Stern used their recent winning formula on TWD?

1. Parabolic Fan layout like MM
2. Symmetrical, low risk lower PF
3. Safe pops that can't harm the player directly
4. Smash toy in middle of playfield
5. Re-used "entertainment" art plastered all over it, (no original art)

What do you think?
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10152677861054244

-mof

TWD.pngTWD.png

#100 9 years ago

I am impressed by one thing here...

I like that the pops are not hidden, and appear to have a bit of a gap between them, which means they won't hold up the ball as much as in other recent Stern titles.

Unfortunately, they do appear to be "safe" pops, and can't attack the player directly.

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pretty-sure-this-confirms-walking-dead-as-the-next-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.