(Topic ID: 313501)

Pretty sure I just got mistaken for Zombie Yeti

By Parkshow30

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

So I got home today and there was a package on my front porch addressed to me from Stern Pinball. I didn’t order anything so I had no idea what it could be. I entered the gameroom of the month contest maybe 6 months back and thought huh, maybe they were looking back at old photos and I won. Inside there is 3 classic Godzilla snap together models, a really cool Godzilla graphic novel type of book and a little Godzilla bobble head.
    Hmmmmm….
    No note, no packing slip, no clues. Then I see on the box handwritten in red ink is Jeremey Packer. I said to my wife, you know who this is? It’s Zombie Yeti, one of the greatest pinball artists of all time! Why would I be getting a package from him?!
    Then I thought maybe this is a swag pack that you can buy from Stern, so I asked my sister and my parents if they bought me something as a gift. Nope they didn’t. Then I looked on the Stern website and found they don’t sell anything like this.
    Hmmmmm….
    Then I thought my wife bought me a Godzilla Pinball machine and this was a swag pack that she got to go with it. My youngest daughter has been saying for the past 6 months that she is going to buy me a Godzilla pinball machine for Father’s Day with her piggy bank money. Yes she is the sweetest girl ever. My wife denied this but had a weird look on her face so I thought she was lying… unfortunately turns out she was not, she did not get me a new Godzilla pinball machine.
    Then we notice that the handwritten Jeremy could easily be mistaken for Jeffrey and Packer could easily be mistaken Parker….
    And I think we have a winner. On the label it says purchase number Jody Dankberg, the head of licensing for Stern. My guess is Jody was sending this stuff to Jeremey, wrote the name on the box and gave it to the shipping department who thought it said Parker. My name is in their system because I got my first NIB machine, a Jurassic Park from Flip N Out in September of 2020, then had the Jeep Opto go bad and got a new one under warranty sent to me directly from Stern.
    So, long winded post but it took me a few guesses, to figure out what I am pretty sure happened, too bad it wasn’t that my daughter had gotten me a Godzilla. I’ll be getting ahold of someone at Stern at lunch tomorrow and will probably need to be getting to the post office soon to get this stuff to Jeremey. Good thing I didn’t let my daughters open up the models and start putting them together!

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

So I got home today and there was a package on my front porch addressed to me from Stern Pinball. I didn’t order anything so I had no idea what it could be. I entered the gameroom of the month contest maybe 6 months back and thought huh, maybe they were looking back at old photos and I won. Inside there is 3 classic Godzilla snap together models, a really cool Godzilla graphic novel type of book and a little Godzilla bobble head.
    Hmmmmm….
    No note, no packing slip, no clues. Then I see on the box handwritten in red ink is Jeremey Packer. I said to my wife, you know who this is? It’s Zombie Yeti, one of the greatest pinball artists of all time! Why would I be getting a package from him?!
    Then I thought maybe this is a swag pack that you can buy from Stern, so I asked my sister and my parents if they bought me something as a gift. Nope they didn’t. Then I looked on the Stern website and found they don’t sell anything like this.
    Hmmmmm….
    Then I thought my wife bought me a Godzilla Pinball machine and this was a swag pack that she got to go with it. My youngest daughter has been saying for the past 6 months that she is going to buy me a Godzilla pinball machine for Father’s Day with her piggy bank money. Yes she is the sweetest girl ever. My wife denied this but had a weird look on her face so I thought she was lying… unfortunately turns out she was not, she did not get me a new Godzilla pinball machine.
    Then we notice that the handwritten Jeremy could easily be mistaken for Jeffrey and Packer could easily be mistaken Parker….
    And I think we have a winner. On the label it says purchase number Jody Dankberg, the head of licensing for Stern. My guess is Jody was sending this stuff to Jeremey, wrote the name on the box and gave it to the shipping department who thought it said Parker. My name is in their system because I got my first NIB machine, a Jurassic Park from Flip N Out in September of 2020, then had the Jeep Opto go bad and got a new one under warranty sent to me directly from Stern.
    So, long winded post but it took me a few guesses, to figure out what I am pretty sure happened, too bad it wasn’t that my daughter had gotten me a Godzilla. I’ll be getting ahold of someone at Stern at lunch tomorrow and will probably need to be getting to the post office soon to get this stuff to Jeremey. Good thing I didn’t let my daughters open up the models and start putting them together!

Better start working on your art portfolio!

#3 2 years ago

Does it also have a list of the next 5 games he is working on?

If so please post.
    Thanks

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Does it also have a list of the next 5 games he is working on?
    If so please post.
    Thanks

That would have been amazing!
    I contacted Stern, Turns out it was for Jeremy, package is heading his way after work today, no super secret information to be revealed. Would have been quite the revealing box if it would have had a DeLorean model, a quidditch broom and a the Orca from Jaws!

#5 2 years ago

at least post a picture of what you got

#6 2 years ago

So did you get my Godzilla Premium and more importantly: were there any checks!?! (I kid!!!)

First off - you’re far too kind in reference to my mark on this industry - but I’m gonna keep trying until they stop letting me… So thanks for the undeserved ego stroke- it only puts more pressure on me lol

Secondly - you’re also way too kind to share this. I’ve got a reward with your name on it - email me an address and I’ll get it out asap!

And lastly - you made me login to pinside and read a post! I’m now behind on my deadlines… for all of those games mentioned in the packaging note!

Thanks! J

Quoted from Parkshow30:

Hmmmmm….
    Hmmmmm….

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombieyeti:

So did you get my Godzilla Premium and more importantly: were there any checks!?! (I kid!!!)
    First off - you’re far too kind in reference to my mark on this industry - but I’m gonna keep trying until they stop letting me… So thanks for the undeserved ego stroke- it only puts more pressure on me lol
    Secondly - you’re also way too kind to share this. I’ve got a reward with your name on it - email me an address and I’ll get it out asap!
    And lastly - you made me login to pinside and read a post! I’m now behind on my deadlines… for all of those games mentioned in the packaging note!
    Thanks! J

If a Godzilla premium had showed up I’m pretty sure I would have put a hundred games on it and called in sick for work the next day before I even attempted to figure out why it was delivered, but I’d still get it back to you.
    I sent you an email, thank you very much, you are a fantastic artist and a class act.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pretty-sure-i-just-got-mistaken-for-zombie-yeti?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.