3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Colehvac1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

System 3 Collection, 1989-1995 Gottlieb:  60,000.00I have all 31 Gottlieb System 3 production machines for sale as a lot. They are all currently set up in my gameroom. They are all 100% working give or take a bulb or switch. Please do not ask if I will separate them. Most of these are featured in The Pinball Compendium, 1982 to Present by Michael Shalhoub. Lights Camera Action, Silver Slugger, Vegas, Deadly Weapon, Title Fight, Bell Ringer, Nudge It, Car Hop, Hoops, Cactus Jacks, Class of 1812, Surf N' Safari, Operation Thunder, Super Mario Bros,. Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World, Cue Ball Wizard, Street Fighter II, Tee'd Off, Wipeout, Gladiators, World Challenge Soccer, Bullseye, Rescue 911, Freddy, Nightmare on Elm Street, Shaq Attaq, Stargate, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Strikes N' Spares, Waterworld, Mario Andretti, and Barb Wire.

#2 3 years ago

Also not mine its listed on pinball classifieds

#3 3 years ago

At $60,000 that's about 2k each. I can't think of a single game in that bunch worth 2k. Some good titles for sure, but not at that average price.

#4 3 years ago

Saw that on Pinball Classifieds also.
    It would be cool, but $60K is a lot of money.

#5 3 years ago

I can only guess it's George's stuff.

I'd do some research before buying anything if it is...

#6 3 years ago

So that's as shimoda said, roughly $2k each. Even in nice condition, that's beyond a stretch. Most of these games in average condition are $1k. A few of the newer titles definitely worth more, but that's just an "ouch" price.

I thought the concept is a bulk buy discount, not a bulk buy premium?

Sure, lots of diligence needs to be done. Maybe these are all one owner, huo machines in pristine condition. That's worth something. But there is just not enough info to even make an uninformed decision!

#7 3 years ago

Not a bad collection but definitely easier to sell as individuals.

#8 3 years ago

These are the only ones worth owning and I would pay 2k for each in PRIME/MINT/NEAR Perfect condition

Title Fight, Car Hop, Hoops, Cactus Jacks, Class of 1812, Surf N' Safari, Operation Thunder, Super Mario Bros,Cue Ball Wizard, Tee'd Off, Wipeout, Gladiators, Stargate, Waterworld, and Barb Wire.

#9 3 years ago

Yea I didn't say it was a good deal lol just thought it was pretty cool they had all them

#10 3 years ago

I have a real decent Car Hop I would sell for $1400 if anyone is interested.

#11 3 years ago

Oh man, Cactus Jacks is the definition of a pinball game where you don't even want to play your free games.... So horrible.

#12 3 years ago

I'd love a nice SF2, but its not a 2k game. Heck 1200 is high for it. Fun game, but no love for it though it is ugly as sin.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

Oh man, Cactus Jacks is the definition of a pinball game where you don't even want to play your free games.... So horrible.

Ha! Thanks for my morning Laugh.

#14 3 years ago

Everyone, please keep talking about how bad Cactus Jacks is. It's terrible, horrible game play, the colors, sound, it's all bad... let's watch the prices continue to drop - lower, lower, lower.

Why the hell can't I find one for sale?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Everyone, please keep talking about how bad Cactus Jacks is. It's terrible, horrible game play, the colors, sound, it's all bad... let's watch the prices continue to drop - lower, lower, lower.

I might be in the minority here but personally I think Cactus Jack is a pretty fun pin. Love the fun theme and any pinball machine with dancing cactus's and screams "YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!" is ok in my book!

#16 3 years ago

Yep I actually think cj is one of the better playing system 3s

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Because the people that own them tend to like them. And, most of them went overseas.

#18 3 years ago

Fun deal...overpay by about $1,000 per game, and get to deal with George in the process. I think he's just trolling mrpinball.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

At $60,000 that's about 2k each. I can't think of a single game in that bunch worth 2k. Some good titles for sure, but not at that average price.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fun deal...overpay by about $1,000 per game, and get to deal with George in the process. I think he's just trolling mrpinball.

Keep in mind, you wouldn't just be paying for the individual value of pins themselves, but a complete collection that probably took a considerable amount of time, money, and effort to put together.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Keep in mind, you wouldn't just be paying for the individual value of pins themselves, but a complete collection that probably took a considerable amount of time, money, and effort to put together.

That's a good point, but in this case not one that I think warrants basically doubling the average market value of the collection.

#21 3 years ago

I wish I had the coin to buy it. I have known George for about 9 years now, and consider him a friend. I've only been to his gameroom twice and his collection is beautiful. I've played some of the games on the list for sale and they were in great condition.if any pinsiders have read the pinball compendium you will see George and Pats games throughout the book. George is way ahead of his time when it comes to collecting, he was buying up gottlieb games and restoring them when other collectors were throwing them out or selling them cheap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.00
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside