(Topic ID: 267711)

Press fit nut separated from leg bracket

By FatPanda

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

535-7394-00_300x300 (resized).jpg
    pbl_01-9296_2_300x133 (resized).jpg
    20200504_182400 (resized).jpg
    95489439_10220124491256978_8307977226037493760_n (resized).jpg
    95234565_3446905305338233_6651574722708373504_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200502-084939_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20200502_074855 (resized).jpg
    20200502_074924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Again these bracket appear to have been installed backwards.

I've seen them installed both ways and it appears the cabinet was countersunk for it but if they are press fit like that I'd definitely want them oriented inward so this can't happen.

If you can get a slot cut into the nut on one side you could use a stout regular screwdriver to hold it steady while unbolting. Maybe even making a bit of a notch by pounding the screwdriver in there, or wedging it from the sides, or in a prying fashion to provide some friction on the nut.

If you do resort to drilling maybe drill it from the head rather than the inside once you get enough of the head meat away it should pop off.

#28 3 years ago

Looked at the pic again, looks like there might already be some nubs on the press fit? If you hold the flat blade screwdriver on the left side of the bolt it should stop it from turning with some pressure. Now, if something is cross threaded from too much tightening you might have to get more drastic.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I do not think Pinball Life sent out defective brackets, if I am understanding you correctly. I have installed these brackets on several of my pins and have not had any problems.

Great now I have to check mine for replaced ones since the original factory ones which appear to be punched and then have the threads cut (like 3 of them) are usually installed with the punch towards the cab..... and I probably will end up having the same issue the OP is when I go to take the legs off some games.....

Learning something new even after 32 years in the hobby.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/press-fit-nut-separated-from-leg-bracket?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.