Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Galvez1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hello friends! My name it’s Jose I’m from Spain, I’m new in the pinball world, and I want to buy one, but I have a doubt, what machine do you prefer for start a collection? Star Wars Premium or #stranger things LE?
    For the moment I only can buy one, and I’m Spain it’s impossible to play both for compare.

I’m sorry for my English I don’t speak it very well.

Regards!!!

#2 4 years ago

Of those two, right now Star Wars Premium would be a better choice. The software on Stranger Things is just too limited right now and the machine layout is underwhelming.

#3 4 years ago

Get Jurassic Park or Iron Maiden instead.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Jurassic Park or Iron Maiden.

Same issue to a lesser extent with JP or Iron Maiden. Maiden is pretty polished. JP is still a bit rough and needs a LOT more callouts and (hopefully) some more music. Too limited and make play annoying right now (unless that was fixed in 1.00, which I have not played).

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Same issue to a lesser extent with JP or Iron Maiden. Maiden is pretty polished. JP is still a bit rough and needs a LOT more callouts and (hopefully) some more music. Too limited and make play annoying right now (unless that was fixed in 1.00, which I have not played).

I'm saying he should get Maiden or Jpark, and not the ones he posted

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Jurassic Park or Iron Maiden.

I know both are better machines, but I don’t like dinos and rock bands.

#7 4 years ago

Out of those 2, Star Wars is the better choice in my opinion. Further along with code, very fast design. Worst comes to worst, you can sell it and take the $ to buy Stranger Things if you decide it's not for you...

What are some of your favorite games? That might help us narrow down what you may prefer.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Out of those 2, Star Wars is the better choice in my opinion. Further along with code, very fast design. Worst comes to worst, you can sell it and take the $ to buy Stranger Things if you decide it's not for you...
    What are some of your favorite games? That might help us narrow down what you may prefer.

I like Star Wars, but i want a LE because it's more special machine............ If both was premium i would buy the Star Wars, but Stranger Things it's a beautiful machine.

#9 4 years ago

I would get Star Wars.

#10 4 years ago

Of the two, Star Wars Premium is the better choice in a single pin collection. I agree with @frunch, it's easy enough to sell if you don't like it.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Of the two, Star Wars Premium is the better choice in a single pin collection. I agree with frunch, it's easy enough to sell if you don't like it.

It's easy too sell and easy to buy not? There are a lot of machines of Star Wars, Stranger Things LE only 500. If i do not buy the LE now, later will be more difficult to buy, what do you think?

#12 4 years ago

Star Wars appeals to a bigger audience, so more potential buyers. Stranger Things is a Netflix series with about 40 million viewers, that is a lot but no where near Star Wars. But if you want the STLE, get that. Pins are a work of art, and if the art/theme speak to you more, you have answered your own question. Code will only continue to get better with Stranger Things too.

With few exceptions (Tron LE is one), used LEs generally are available at a reasonable price (slightly higher or slightly lower than new). And even the Tron LE is available if you are willing to spend $10K.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Star Wars appeals to a bigger audience, so more potential buyers. Stranger Things is a Netflix series with about 40 million viewers, that is a lot but no where near Star Wars. But if you want the STLE, get that. Pins are a work of art, and if the art/theme speak to you more, you have answered your own question. Code will only continue to get better with Stranger Things too.
    With few exceptions (Tron LE is one), used LEs generally are available at a reasonable price (slightly higher or slightly lower than new). And even the Tron LE is available if you are willing to spend $10K.

Thank you so much! I think i will buy Star Wars, other question, for personal use, playfield protector, yes or not?

Regards!

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thank you so much! I think i will buy Star Wars, other question, for personal use, playfield protector, yes or not?
    Regards!

Hell no. Playfield protectors are gross and unnecessary as long as you care for your machines with regular waxing.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Hell no. Playfield protectors are gross and unnecessary as long as you care for your machines with regular waxing.

How and when i must apply wax? I'm sorry for all the questions, but i have no idea for this.

Thank so much!

#16 4 years ago

I have a playfield protector on one game, my Goldeneye, it came that way. Someday I will remove it, fix the magna save wear spot between the flippers and clear it it. Until then, its fine. No plans to put any on my other games, even some with cupped inserts.

I agree with @vireland, clean and wax it with a good carnauba wax (Blitz is the wax of choice for a lot of pinsiders). For how to, reach Vid's thread, cleaning and waxing pinball machines:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide#post-2655215

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I have a playfield protector on one game, my Goldeneye, it came that way. Someday I will remove it, fix the magna save wear spot between the flippers and clear it it. Until then, its fine. No plans to put any on my other games, even some with cupped inserts.
    I agree with @vireland, clean and wax it with a good carnauba wax (Blitz is the wax of choice for a lot of pinsiders). For how to, reach Vid's thread, cleaning and waxing pinball machines:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide#post-2655215

I'm learning a lot.

Thank you so much!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

How and when i must apply wax? I'm sorry for all the questions, but i have no idea for this.
    Thank so much!

I try to do it once a month, which is likely overkill, but use a good carnuba wax (not the liquids, they have petroleum distillates). Wipe off then buff to a shine. I use a soft lambs wool disc on a drill attachment to get a really nice shine.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I try to do it once a month, which is likely overkill, but use a good carnuba wax (not the liquids, they have petroleum distillates). Wipe off then buff to a shine. I use a soft lambs wool disc on a drill attachment to get a really nice shine.

Thank you, i'll do the same, regards!

#20 4 years ago

I have reserved the ST LE but i think the best choice is change the reserve for other.

I think I'll buy Star Wars, but with this I have another problem, which one is more beautiful? Premium or Premium Comic?

Regards!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/presentation-from-spain-and-one-doubt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.