• Latest reply 4 years ago by Osric
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B406E301-7C83-4401-A557-986948A9181D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Osric:5- What questions am I not asking that I should be?
Thanks!
Osric

I highly recommend making a rotisserie for this project, especially for a wide body playfield. There are several threads here on pinside to help you. Even though this may be your only swap ever, having a rotisserie will cut your work by half.

Mirco playfields are very good so very little drilling is needed, but occasionally there may be a hole or dimple that doesn’t line up quite right. DO NOT predrill all the holes and dimples before test fitting the pieces. You will find many mechs under the playfield will not align exactly and you may have to make adjustments to the holes or dimples to make them fit correctly.

Lastly, this is a great time to clean and polish everything. I use a variety of cleaning products and polishing compounds but there are a few that will get you the best results. My go to for cleaning everything is Simple Green. It is cheap and works great. For getting rid of rust and corrosion I use Evaporust. All my metal pieces including screws, nuts, etc go into a bowl of this stuff. It will make old rusty or corroded parts look new again. And for polishing I use Flitz. This is amazing stuff for bringing out the shine on metal parts. I take all my stand up posts, wire forms, screw heads, and other metal parts that show on the top of the playfield, and polish them. All the metal posts I put in a drill and run it through a rag with a dab of Flitz. In a matter of seconds, you will have a super polished metal posts or screw heads that will look better than new.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Would it be best to have 2 rotisserie’s to make it easier to transfer parts from the old pf to the new pf?

Not necessary. You will most likely leave the original in the machine and the rotisserie with the new playfield right next to it. Transfer from one to the other that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/preparing-for-an-sttng-pf-swap?tu=Scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.