You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_14 (resized).png
frontier (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170308-012621 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yet there are different price points

which is awesome you mean!!!

makes perfect sense to do things the Heighway and Spooky and JJP way of all models play the same and just add-ons for the bling stuff. Honestly wish Stern would go to the model.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They are all my honest reviews

curious, where did you play it and what code version? I see you just rated it a few days ago.

We all have our honest opinions of games, some are just more obviously biased than others

Some more valuable comments (esp on early release games) will add more value to your rating 'opinions' if that is of interest to you.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Whysnow you rate DI a 10 that is as silly as a 1.608

not really. I put it as equal to some of my other favorite games (TAF, wrath, forntier, tx) DI really is great and even on early code it is super solid. I actually even left a comment in my rating.

#47 7 years ago

yup and one of my least favorite games of all time. snooze fest.

granted I also actually use the entire spectrum for rating.

My ratings are genuine. Are you really trying to say me rating games on a full spectrum is even remotely the same as someone rating all his owned games as 10s and then 1 game as a 1... lol

and the critique coming form someone that does not even take the time to rate games?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Please explain in a couple paragraphs exactly how TX sector is 5 times *better* than Metallica. Art? nope. Sound? Maybe, if you like NES. Gameplay? Nope (TX is all about spinner exploit and not much else). Value? Not any more.
The ratings are stupid, but what's even stupider is seeing folks like you and wakkebakke try to defend ridiculousness

this is not even a challenge. You dont seem to understand that my ratings are 100% spot on for my actual opinion on each game.

How is tx so awesome...

1. Nudge back lane. Seriously, pretty much any game with a nudge back lane alreayd has one box in the awesome catergory for player control. It is telling you to "PLAY PINBALL" use every switch in the game to its fullest and nudge the hell out of the game when needed. This is also fantastic risk v reward. Ball 3 and you are up, I need some more points but have a decent bonus already waiting... do I nudge to hard and lose my bonus or do I go for the win on a right outlane drain and keep my ball in play. Tx actually has one of the best and most challenging nudge back so it is perfectly designed to need some force and yet you have the safety of the ball resting in the shooter lane post nudge so the tilt can settle

2. Fantastis 2 stragety ruleset. Very simple to explain, Hard to master, and I can beat you exclusively using one strategy over the other if forced to do so. You show your novice understanding of the game and reliance on youtube videos if you think the spinner is your answer or an exploint. I can go energy levels all day and cream you.

3. It has three flippers and they are all used very well. Simply put the geometry on TX is perfect in so many ways. From that upper flipper you get the ability to hit the hidden tranport shot, the very important upper ramps, and get this.... you can sweep the upper set of drops to blast off an energy level.

4. Features. The game is jammed with great stuff. Wire forms, ramps, multiple drop banks, pops, 2 spinners

5. Art is great. What more can I say. The translite is so bad, it is good.

6. A magic ball transfer with a light show. What???? say that again!!! the ball actually teleports across the pf!!! amazing!! (not really but man they sell it well with sound and light and it is just plain fun to do.

7. Sounds. Do I really need to even discuss this. It is epic and in so many collectors homes for this reason alone. It is a dance party in a game!

I could go on, but I think I have made my point pretty clear.

tx rocks!!!!!!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did you really love the game for the few months you moved it into the 9's or was that just because you were selling one and didn't want to explain your low rating to potential buyers (which is reasonable)? Again, I don't care really where you rate games (do as you like) but I do see some humor in your ranking patterns.

I helped a friend sell his TronLE (and got nothing for it). I dont remember ever modifying my ratings for it, but quite possible I changed it just to mess with Centerflank for a short time.

is shows as 3.059 when I look at my ratings so not sure what or where you are looking. It also shows on my ratings that I have only rated it once and not 3 times like you say. Not sure where it shows this.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I guess if he's playing while on shrooms or acid at times

over the line dude

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

With all due respect, Hilton, anyone who gives a 3 to Tron LE instantly invalidates any further opinions in my estimation. Tron is an epic game, even if you don't like the theme. I used to be indifferent to it, but after playing an amazing pro at TPF last year, I punted my LOTR and got one. I don't see that game going anywhere.
While I understand it might not be for you, being the pinball lover that I know you are, I fail to see how ANY game that wasn't a complete piece of shit would rank lower than a 5 or 6...and certainly not Tron.

I use the entire rating spectrum Bboob. To me, a crappy game is a 1, an amazing game is a 10. Everything else is in between.

To put this in perspective, you rate with a high at 9.789 and a low at 8.387. That is a range of only 1.402

My high is a 10.0 and low is a 1.210. That is a range of 8.79.
If we adjust your scale to actually use the entire spectrum then you would put MM at such a low number that everyone could berate you

In my opinion, your rating scale is completely out of whack. (or you need to rate a bunch more games and get a better spectrum)

Tron is still a 3 to me. That is better than crap, but still not good. I would never own the machine and loathe playing it when it shows up in league.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did you really love the game for the few months you moved it into the 9's or was that just because you were selling one and didn't want to explain your low rating to potential buyers (which is reasonable)? Again, I don't care really where you rate games (do as you like) but I do see some humor in your ranking patterns.

still curious where this comes from? I am looking at my ranking and see I have only rated tronle a single time. in June of 2016.

From what I see on my end I have never modified that ranking or reranked it. I help my buddy sell that game back in 2014. The claim you are making is that I manipulated the rankings, but the time frame does not add up and I only see the single ranking when I look at my ratings?

I would like to know where you are pulling this from. Is there something i am missing or are you incorrect in your statement?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope, I'm 100% correct and this is not the first time we've had this discussion... Go look at your old for sale thread.

I dont feel like researching it. Feel free to point it out to me in the threads.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tronle-1-owner-madison-wi/page/8#post-2080073
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-huo-tronle-1-owner-madison-wi#post-2225309

I was asking if this is something that I can see somewhere in the ratings as on my end it shows I rated the game once. Like I said, I may have changed it to screw with someone for a short bit. Either way, I have the game rated 100% correct based on my opinion of it and how it ranks among other games. It really is a game I would not waste the space on in my collection. Seriously. If someone gave it to me I would sell it immediately.

If someone wanted to loan it to me I would turn them down. It is not worth the space it would take up in my collection

#90 7 years ago

aint that the truth!!!!

TAF rocks!

After all these years it is still a top dog!

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hilarious!!!
The guy has just proven over and over again that he has zero credibility.
The purge can't come soon enough.

How is this personal attack allowed? Are they purging the guy having a civil convo about pinball ratings or the one that constantly berates and personal attacks?

Aside from that,i don't see anything of the sort in the threads referenced by tiger?

#137 7 years ago

Just wanted to point out, that in reference to the oringinal post that chaos would ensue since DI got its 15th rating...

I have not seen the chaos yet

33rd now, with the typical post rating down voters that have not even played the game yet. Aside from that it seems pretty par for the course on trajectory.

What rank was it when it first came in?

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

When you do your rankings, do you rank the individual categories (sound, art, rules, etc.) and leave the result alone, or do you go back and adjust the individual ranks to make the final number "make sense" relative to your other rankings?
I definitely do the latter, but I think this is indicative of a very flawed system.

I do the start and then tweak the latter. I really rank just for myself. I like to keep a list of games I have played and look at them over time.
TBT this ranking conversation comes up every few months for years now and nothing has ever been done to change it or provide any other options so I doubt it ever will.

#158 7 years ago

Does anyone rememebr the name of the REALLY bad movie with Zach Gillafachus (sp?) where he pronounces "chaos" as chay-oss?

For some reason everything I read the title of this thread in my head I hear how he says it.

1 week later
#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

It looks like the real chaos in the top 100 right now is that MMr has over taken MM as number 1...

the fact that there is even a seperate listing for MMr is odd/silly and shows how pointless the system is.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

What really shows how silly the system is - someone who gave MM (original) a 9.760 43 days ago gave MMR a 1.000 2 days ago because... it's the "same". If it's the same shouldn't it be a 9.760? In conclusion, public rating systems in general are dumb because people abuse them by pretending they're a personal soap box more often than not.

sam shuold be said for the people rating MM lower than MMr.

All a joke.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The separate listing is due to the differences. Originals do not have the high res graphics, nor the improved sound. OTOH, remakes are harder to customize LEDs and some of the playfields weren't made well. In addition, the electronics are completely different and many people think the gameplay feels different between them.
I would not make an MMR rating based on my playing just the original.

I agree, but still the same gameplay (in theory) so I would prefer drop downs in a single category/game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prepare-for-chaos-in-the-top-100?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.