You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_14 (resized).png
frontier (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170308-012621 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Taint any way of knowing but probably somewhere between my anus and my ding dong.

Truer words were never spoken.

1 week later
#75 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought everyone decided the ratings don't matter.

Well we agree on that over and over until a new game comes out in the ratings and everyone goes apeshit.
Again & again & again. The Ratings are like a fine wine or a cargument that includes immersive music under a world of glass.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

If the ranking is from someone you trust, then trust that person's rank. Otherwise, ignore it.

No, you should probably just ignore that too...really there's no way of knowing anything which is what makes it interesting.

You seem like nothing but a stand up chap who knows his gameplay and skills; That's just from talking with you on here.
You also have WH20 & Whirlwind as you lowest rated games, which means your a psychotic bastards whom shouldn't be trusted.
See, no way to tell.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I also am taking delivery of TSPP soon... so it will probably rise in the rankings.

TSPP is a dumpster fire I wouldn't own if you paid me.
The only game worst than TSPP is DE Simpsons which appears to be #4 on your li...WTF IS THIS A JOKE?!?!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The real question is will there be a Bally Frontier VE?

Yes.

BUT they'll be a backlash when they update the sound of the crickets. It'll be like the real knocker vs Stern hatred!

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My biggest gripe with the ratings are the legacy votes. I've stated peace on this issue a few times in the past, but I'll go through it again.

And my response to this has always been why are you so much more important than people that came before you? Sure you just slip in the assumption there that many from "Shill Accounts," which I would argue there are way more "shills" now than ever.
How does the advent of RGB LEDS change my opinion of the lighting on an old game exactly? Or are you assuming that a bunch of colored flashing lights are defacto better than the "old outdated" lighting?

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You and I both know the CC lightshow is not fit to even sniff the jock strap of the WOZ or STLE lightshow.

That's my point of disagreement exactly...because am not impressed with Woz's super bright colorful undulating light show. Because, it's funny you mentioned it, I've been on the record forever that I bought MET over ST because ST lights are obnoxiously bright (And I buy LEDs I'm not that old they hurt my eyes). Or to put it further in context, I wouldn't rate the light show in AFM the best back then just because it had a "new" strobe light flashing at me.

True, We're just talking lights and I'm not impressed that much by lights, but at this point if you ask me whether Hobbit "animations" look better than than W?D I would totally agree, amazing. If you asked me aboot BM66 or Aerosmith I'd take W?D

EDIT: Shit I typed out half a cargument for a second

I just think it's a little rude to act like "the olden days" folks of a year ago walked with the dinosaurs.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great. At least you currently exist and can see the differences in the machines and make your own subjective opinion on it.

Well if you just want to say, dump those ratings because only current pinsiders should be allowed to vote , that's at least little more honest and I could understand that completely. You're whole garbage argument aboot knowing better than old timers is self indulgent tripe IMO. I might argue with all the noobs and cash involved in selling , flipping, man caving, modding, building fake games, getting ripped off, these days that I don't know if this modern group is more knowledgeable. But yeah it's all debatable

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Back in 2009 they didn't have all the current games to consider when they compiled their personal rankings yet their personal rankings impact the Top 100 as it sits today. Why should ghosts from the past that made ratings in the darkest days of pinball (before the renaissance we see today) get to skew the current Top 100?

As I said I totally understand them not being here now, get that, cut them out.
I think we're just going to agree to disagree and that's cool but I'll try to explain myself just a bit better.
What I think the biggest issue is, other than losers making just dumb/fake ratings (which to me is by FAR the worst), is how people determine their own ratings are not like one another.
I personally don't rank game against game when I make a review. So

Quoted from TigerLaw:

You and I both know the CC lightshow is not fit to even sniff the jock strap of the WOZ or STLE lightshow.

I would never think of Woz's light show when ranking CCs light show, I wouldn't put them on list as Woz is a 10 so this game could only be a 6 so to speak. That's the implication I got from you there but I could be wrong.
Anyway I don't know, not a big deal either way, the rankings aren't going to change anytime anyway Unless all this purge talk is a sneak attack on the real enemy, rankings.

EDIT: I do like the "dark days" of pinball were right before you came to Pinside

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Someone will build a better forum and people will slowly migrate there until it reaches a tipping point.

That would take a very long time. I lived through a forum split and it just ends up everyone posting 2 times on both sites... Rough times

1 week later
#211 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Maybe the movies like Toy Story make big bucks--but it's because they're well written. It's certainly not because 3D CGI is a superior look to the beautiful hand drawn animation.

They don;t make any more big bucks than old hand drawn; Tickets just cost more now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prepare-for-chaos-in-the-top-100?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.