2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4907175528_7b95bfac46_b (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    OpenHouse2017 (resized).jpg
    tumblr_m8deobFQX11qi2dozo1_1280 (resized).png
    Expo Bingo (resized).png
    expo_2017.png
    portillo-s-hot-dogs (resized).jpg
    Portillo’s-Family-Recipe (resized).jpg
    09-graphic (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).jpg
    o (resized).jpg
    le3 (resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

So its that time of year again. Here is part of what i think is going to be announced/revealed.

1) POTC. Easy one, yet i predict this pin will be JJP's best, most innovative and jaw dropping pin yet. Finally a theme that will bring in more buyers potentially than the other 3 AND they will hit it out of the park.

I think they will show enough of it to get people excited. JJP has to start ramping it up. One pinball machine announced per year at Expo and built 6 months later isn't going to get it done. Time to graduate to the next level.

2) GOTG. Unlike the rumors of nothing, I do think Stern will announce GOTG and be available for purchase post Expo. They won't miss the opportunity to steal everybody else's thunder.

3) MB. Easy pickens. CGC announces that one is up next. On the heels of AFMLE and its success, it might be the one to beat and where people allocate more $$$ like myself.

4) Alice Cooper. Spooky is going to show this one and blow everybody away with a HUGE upgrade in layout and toys.

5) Deeproot and Jpop. They make an appearance and announce the launch of the new venture. Is Jpop really ballsy enough to show up? He def is. Massive ego and lack of self awareness.

6) Steve Ritchie. He announces his retirement (because he should) and intros Elwin as the heir apparent to "the King".

7) Gary Stern. Has MANY drinks before, during and after his presentation. Hands out HUGE bonuses on stage to the key employees for completing another successful year of big time $$$ grabs.

Andrew Heighway. He won't be there.

9) Houdini and American Pinball. What was that again?

10) Containers of Alien have hit US shores and Cointaker will have a handful of show specials for purchase.

11) K man will lose his mind at the thought of Deeproot and Jpop doing more MG's. He will organize and stage protests of pinball throughout the event. And will hire hecklers to disrupt presentations!

12) TBL. They will show up, try and sell BOP 4.0, and then work out a deal to partner up with Johnny and Deeproot. All star cast of misfits, Kevin Kulek tries to join the band. Promises to have Predator license ready to go.

What else you got?

#2 2 years ago

Deeproot will amaze everyone by also teaming up with Vonnie D to finally get that much sought after Gremlins pin released.

#3 2 years ago

Andrew Heighway--He won't be there.

Good stuff Iceman. I lol'd.

#4 2 years ago

I predict I will be accompanied to Expo by 60 bottles of beer and will return home with 0.

#5 2 years ago

JJP will steal the show!!!

Stern will throw glitter on ACDC or something else in the vault.

Skypilot will drink to much scotch.

#6 2 years ago

I hope 1-4 happen. Eff all that other shiznit.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

7) Gary Stern. Has MANY drinks before, during and after his presentation. Hands out HUGE bonuses on stage to the key employees for completing another successful year of big time $$$ grabs.

So sad no Cashgrab this year.

#8 2 years ago

13) I predict you all should just come to SFGE in June 2018 instead.

#9 2 years ago

JPop, Kulek, Vonnie D, and Trudeau together will announce they have united to make the greatest pinball machine ever. It also has yet to be determined if Dutch Pinball will be part of the making of the game.
    Twisted Pins will be announced as the sole distributor for this must have game.

#10 2 years ago

I predict it'll be a letdown.

#11 2 years ago

Don't know about the rest, but no Spooky at Expo. They'll have games at PBL.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#12 2 years ago

Pasac will be an ass, and the post expo "recommendations for next expo" thread will be full of get Mike out of expo posts.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

3) MB. Easy pickens. CGC announces that one is up next. On the heels of AFMLE and its success, it might be the one to beat and where people allocate more $$$ like myself.

Doug Skor announced yesterday that the next game will be unveiled at TPF next year.

LTG : )

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I predict I will be accompanied to Expo by 60 bottles of beer and will return home with 0.

I predict you'll consume more than you brought.

#15 2 years ago

I predict I'll be there with a limited number of mugs.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I predict you'll consume more than you brought.

Thanks for that great belly laugh LTG.
    Can't wait to see ya again buddy!

#17 2 years ago

It will SUCK

#18 2 years ago

I'm so ready.

le3 (resized).jpg

#19 2 years ago

Is someone going to make expo bingo sheets?

#20 2 years ago

I predict I'm going to have a blast.

#21 2 years ago

I predict I'll be consuming mass quantities of Giordano's deep dish pizza and Portillo's Italian combo sandwiches!
    02 (resized).jpg09-graphic (resized).jpgportillo-s-hot-dogs (resized).jpgPortillo’s-Family-Recipe (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I predict I'll be consuming mass quantities of Giordano's deep dish pizza and Portillo's Italian combo sandwiches!

Are you bringing any parts to sell?

#23 2 years ago

Houdini will disappear.

#24 2 years ago

Golly my mouth is watering after looking at those pics Gatecrasher. Seriously every time I look at it I'm hungry... looks delicious. Stooked!

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Are you bringing any parts to sell?

Probably. If I don't someone else will have my stuff there.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Golly my mouth is watering after looking at those pics Gatecrasher. Seriously every time I look at it I'm hungry... looks delicious. Stooked!

I like the giardiniere all piled-on like it is too. Chicago has some primo grub.

#26 2 years ago

I was really looking forward to Expo in the hopes the deadline would get me to finish my custom game in time for the custom booth, but there's no booth this year and none of the custom people are going. Pinball Life seems to be the place to be Thursday and Friday.

Expo was kind of terrible a couple of years ago and seems to be worse and worse.

#27 2 years ago

I predict POTC will be the only new game there.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I predict POTC will be the only new game there.

At most, I am starting to think everyone is saving the new stuff for TPF.

#29 2 years ago

expo_2017.png

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

At most, I am starting to think everyone is saving the new stuff for TPF.

No manufacturer is going to wait five months if they have something near or ready for production.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is someone going to make expo bingo sheets?

How's this?
    Expo Bingo (resized).png

#32 2 years ago

I'm certain that Stern will unveil one of their newer pins at Expo. It may be like last year with Batmat 66 where we were only allowed to see a pretty lighted box but im sure they will show something. I can't imagine they would let other company just come into their backyard and unveil a machine unopposed.

#33 2 years ago

I can't wait to go guys!! I'm only 45 minutes south of Expo.

#34 2 years ago

I predict I will attend and have a fun time.

I also predict I will be picking up 2 long sought after games. This is an easy 1 since both deals are already arranged

#35 2 years ago

Metallik wears sleeves LOL.
    Sleeves are for wussies.

#36 2 years ago

That's amazing. I want to go and fill out one!

#37 2 years ago

I'll be having a great time. Picking up the Grandson from school and headed down with two games for the free play hall. If/when there's cryin' about how the free play hall sucked, it ain't my fault!!

#38 2 years ago

Yeah Yancy I know metallik. Partied with him quite a few times. Great guy, great collection. No sleeves till..

#39 2 years ago

Leave your sleeves at the door , it's party time !

#40 2 years ago

Wears sleeves? What about wears pants or shoes? He's always in shorts and flip flops

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Wears sleeves? What about wears pants or shoes?

Next year's bingo card.

#42 2 years ago

NO SLEEVES TILL
    *Kerry King*

#43 2 years ago

I've already got one square!!

Andrew

#44 2 years ago

tumblr_m8deobFQX11qi2dozo1_1280 (resized).png

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Andrew

dude yelling already, huh...

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Andrew

B o ?

#47 2 years ago

or the floater clogging the john?

#48 2 years ago

Expo is gearing up to be interesting. A couple major vendors will NOT be there. No Borygard and his full room. Mike is back running the free play area and will be putting more mileage on the scooter. I would guess that possibly Stern, JJP, and A.P. will be taking up some major space in the vendor hall?

It will still draw, but I would be willing to bet attendance will be down this year.

It really is time for new blood to step in and take over, but the question is who?

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Expo is gearing up to be interesting. A couple major vendors will NOT be there. No Borygard and his full room. Mike is back running the free play area and will be putting more mileage on the scooter. I would guess that possibly Stern, JJP, and A.P. will be taking up some major space in the vendor hall?
    It will still draw, but I would be willing to bet attendance will be down this year.
    It really is time for new blood to step in and take over, but the question is who?

I think there is a reasonable chance it is already happening organically.

With the move of MGC into downtown Milwaukee and a space that is nearly 2.5 times the previous size (will now be bigger in area than Expo has been) I percieve that show growing and bringing more of the fall out of Expo there.

It will definately be an interesting year. I will be going but really only heading down on Thursday night for the JJP#4 announcement and then to Pinball Life party on Friday. I wont even be staying at the hotel this year unless I find a cheap room to split. Seems like lots of others are making the trip a 2 day thing this year rather than whole weekend.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

or the floater clogging the john?

I know Andrew. Of course that's it!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 4.95
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside