Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4907175528_7b95bfac46_b (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    OpenHouse2017 (resized).jpg
    tumblr_m8deobFQX11qi2dozo1_1280 (resized).png
    Expo Bingo (resized).png
    expo_2017.png
    portillo-s-hot-dogs (resized).jpg
    Portillo’s-Family-Recipe (resized).jpg
    09-graphic (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).jpg
    o (resized).jpg
    le3 (resized).jpg
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I also predict I will be picking up 2 long sought after games.

Which games?

#52 6 years ago

I predict I will spend to much, stay up to late, create a New list of Must have games, drink too much, and wish someone in the hall sold deodorant!

#53 6 years ago

ones we dont talk about till they are in hand

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

wish someone in the hall sold deodorant!

you know how at swimming pools they have signs 'must shower before entering pool', well, we need a similar sign at the entry to expo. Or maybe we need the 'greeters' at the doors to do a sniff test. "sorry, you smell like crap, you need to go shower and put on deodorant before you can enter"

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

you know how at swimming pools they have signs 'must shower before entering pool', well, we need a similar sign at the entry to expo. Or maybe we need the 'greeters' at the doors to do a sniff test. "sorry, you smell like crap, you need to go shower and put on deodorant before you can enter"

My idea for cons(any of 'em)would be to have some deodarant company give out free samples of their product like you see at festivals/fairs. It's the ultimate beta test area.

#56 6 years ago

Pinside Meet and Greet Friday night Probably. How do People Feel about 4:30 or 5pm Friday?

JJ

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Pinside Meet and Greet Friday night Probably. How do People Feel about 4:30 or 5pm Friday?
    JJ

guessing many will be at PBLIfe then?

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

It really is time for new blood to step in and take over, but the question is who?

Expo is privately owned. It's like asking who should step in and take over Stern. You just have to start up American Pinball a few miles away.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

guessing many will be at PBLIfe then?

ends at 4 so 5 would worth in theory right?

#60 6 years ago

Humm or 12 Noon on Saturday. But I hate to wait until Saturday's to do the meet and greets

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

ends at 4 so 5 would worth in theory right?

Yeah, I would guess 5pm and many people would be back to expo area???

TBT, if things are as light as they sound to be at Expo this year, then I may just not come back after PBL party.

#62 6 years ago

They will reveal a $15,000 pinball machine based on a 1960s TV super hero that is not even playable and people will be wowed and lining up to put a deposit on one.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

I've never done the meet and greet, JJ. I'll be at PBL Friday and then heading to Expo that night. Can you share some info on your meet and greet for those that haven't gone in the past?

#64 6 years ago

Also, that Pinball Life party on Friday is from noon to 6pm and not 4pm.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Also, that Pinball Life party on Friday is from noon to 6pm and not 4pm.

You are right.. There big old banner on their website is wrong. OpenHouse2017 (resized).jpgOpenHouse2017 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I've never done the meet and greet, JJ. I'll be at PBL Friday and then heading to Expo that night. Can you share some info on your meet and greet for those that haven't gone in the past?

Here is the info for TPF Last year just for reference..

Hey guys! We are going to be hosting another meet and greet party at Wild Pitch again this year at TPF!
    As Always I will be buying the first round of drinks! so Have a Big old Beer on ME! Just tell them to put it on JJ's Tab. Reservation will be made Under Pinside.
    3:30 PM Friday at Wild Pitch 2390 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034
    This is Caddy corner across the street from the Hotel! An easy walk, and well worth the stop I promise!
    For Name Badges and Lanyards Go to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-pinbside-badge-and-lanyard
    JJ

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They will reveal a $15,000 pinball machine based on a 1960s TV super hero that is not even playable and people will be wowed and lining up to put a deposit on one.

That's ridiculous and would never happen.

#69 6 years ago

I hope all that happens. And I can keep all my money in my pockets.
    I thought GOTG was in January

#70 6 years ago

I predict there will be predictions, speculation, a range of disappointment and some disagreement on what was best or worst about the show, both before and after.

I also predict someone will be really grossed out about the amount of sweat on the lockbar of a game they waited in line to play.

My last one is a bit risky, but I'm going to just say it and hope I'm wrong. Carpet will be stained.

#71 6 years ago

Hilton you need a roommate?? My bff Violent Steve can't make it. Makes me sad. But I'm about to start a thread looking for his replacement. I'd advise you to bring a suit of armor to sleep in.

#72 6 years ago

Looking for stand-in for Violent Steve. This is temporary, as you will never replace him.
    Honest, snores loudly, and I always have the grade A party favors.
    Apply now!

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Looking for stand-in for Violent Steve.

Will any of these do?

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

LEMMY CHECK WITH THE BOSS

---most bullshit phrase ever uttered by a buyer

#75 6 years ago

Aaand that's a no. She said no.
    Matter of fact, she's coming to Expo now
    Thanks dickhead.

#76 6 years ago

Alright, I'll just keep em here then.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

You are right.. There big old banner on their website is wrong.

From their site:

Thursday, October 12th from 10am-4pm

Free admission

Over 30 games on free play

Free non-alcoholic beverages

Free cold snacks

If you are more about having access to the machines and parts and don't like crowds, this is probably the day for you to attend. We expect this to be a low key, mellow day.

Friday, October 13th from noon-6pm

This is the day we bring the party!

This will be a charity event with all entry fees being donated to The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Admission $15
    SOLD OUT - Order your Friday ticket(s) - CLICK HERE

Official Total Nuclear Annihilation release party!

Over 30 games on free play

Free Pinball Olympic events

Limited free alcoholic beverages (3 drink maximum)

Free hot lunch

We are issuing entry tickets simply to control the amount of people who attend, as over-crowding has been a concern for many who have attended in the past. A maximum of 200 tickets will be sold. 100% of the ticket cost will go to assist Team G (Bryan and Deb Kelly) in their continuing efforts to fight juvenile diabetes in support of their grandson, Gordon.

More info about this charity can be found here - http://www.jdrf.org/research/

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Where do the alcoholics go to drink?

#79 6 years ago

My room.

#80 6 years ago

The pinball Expo website will be all the way on the left. Best viewed with NCSA Mosaic.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think there is a reasonable chance it is already happening organically.
    With the move of MGC into downtown Milwaukee and a space that is nearly 2.5 times the previous size (will now be bigger in area than Expo has been) I percieve that show growing and bringing more of the fall out of Expo there.

Texas is the Spring Expo.

Technically, we've been larger in space than Expo for a while, but I'd argue that Expo is the bigger pinball show because of the announcements that happen there. We're expanding in size this year, but that doesn't mean that we're really a big show. Remember...

4907175528_7b95bfac46_b (resized).jpg4907175528_7b95bfac46_b (resized).jpg

There is a place for both an MGC-like show that focuses on what we do, and a place for a Pinball Expo show that does what they do. I really don't think we "compete" at all, and I honestly don't think that anyone is looking at our announcement and going, "Sweet! Now I can skip Expo!" Those decisions are being made independently of one another.

#82 6 years ago

<quote>Pinside Meet and Greet Friday night Probably. How do People Feel about 4:30 or 5pm Friday?</quote>

I like the idea of having the meet-up early. Have one Wednesday night as part of the opening reception. Have another at an
    offsite location later, if you wish, and I would suggest Saturday is better than Friday if you do.
    .................David Marston

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

<quote>Pinside Meet and Greet Friday night Probably. How do People Feel about 4:30 or 5pm Friday?</quote>
    I like the idea of having the meet-up early. Have one Wednesday night as part of the opening reception. Have another at an
    offsite location later, if you wish, and I would suggest Saturday is better than Friday if you do.
    .................David Marston

I don't get in until Thursday at 3pm. Lots of people are not there Wendsday. I did open a voting thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-meet-and-greet-pinball-expo-vote

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predictions-for-expo/page/2?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.