Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30EF7A25-4A4A-48EB-BC18-D665336F6020 (resized).jpeg
    stock-photo-crystal-ball-in-a-hand-on-festive-background-d-illustration-713915362 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Now is the time to play Mr. Know it All. What do you think will happen in 2018? Games made? Will they succeed or fail? Manufactures who will climb to the top? Who will fail? What new companies will come to fruition?

Everyone take out there Crystal Ball and make a prediction.

2018 The year of the underdog. I think Spooky is building momentum. They seem to have everyone on the same page. New and current tiles are looking great. CGC & PP will scare and rock the competition with there new title. A discussion of them also doing a non licensed game later in the year? "Intresting" JJP looks great with POTC. Will they break the cycle and produce more then 1 game in a year? Will we be going to infinity and beyond this 4th quarter? Stern ahh! Stern what will stern do next? Will the new Vault Editions ever get the LCD treatment? What will we see with Sterns brand on it this year? Jurassic World. Iron Maiden. Dead Pool. Jaws? Will they prove the na sayers wrong and drop code for all of their unfinished titles? Will Heighway prove to be a valid manufacture and honor all of there existing orders and produce good quality games for the community? The Big Lebowski? Exactly! No need to say more. HomePin Will thunderbirds sell like crazy and start a new resurgence of stupid claymation cartoon movies? Well at least I know the answer to this last one.

American Pinball is shipping there new Houdini. Will they grab market share or will this pin disappear like magic?

Pinball Prices what will climb and what will tank?

Go on the record and state your predictions.

Thanks for reading!

stock-photo-crystal-ball-in-a-hand-on-festive-background-d-illustration-713915362 (resized).jpgstock-photo-crystal-ball-in-a-hand-on-festive-background-d-illustration-713915362 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

spooky did just release a teaser video on Facebook for Alice Cooper. It looks pretty bad ass

#3 6 years ago

I predict I complain & troll Pinside when work is slow.

#4 6 years ago

If 2018 is the year of the underdog how come no mention of AP? By far the biggest new release in a short time!

#5 6 years ago

There will be bitching

But yeah I'm stoked to see the Alice Cooper pin
    And I'll probably be sad cause I'm a broke mofo

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

If 2018 is the year of the underdog how come no mention of AP? By far the biggest new release in a short time!

Updated. My apologies. You are correct. I just got tired of writing.

#7 6 years ago

2018 will be the year games from 2016 may or may not see finished code.

#8 6 years ago

I predict I will have less money at the end of the year and the stable will be slightly larger, or at least I hope.

I predict more music pins, for better or worse, depending on your perspective. I think Spooky will continue to make their mark and I firmly believe that American Pinball will quickly become a force to be reckoned with, especially with their next release. I also think you can bank on some trolls, and I am not talking about those insult spewing boys from Medieval Madness.

#9 6 years ago

I think 2018 will be mostly positive for pinball as interest in pinball machines continues to grow and this year and there are more new pins slated than in years past. I do see some bumps in the road for a few manufacturers. Jersey Jack Pinball and their release of Pirates of the Carribean will most likely be their worst seller to date. I hope American Pinball hits it big with Houdini? It looks great but with all the new pinball machines slated for 2018 I worry that Houdini could be their first and last pinball machine. As a NIB Pinball buyer there's only so much $$$ to go around. I'm sure Stern will have a rock solid year starting it off with a new Elvira pinball machine. Heighway & Spooky certainly look to continue to build upon a positive finish to 2017. I'm also excited to see what remake Chicago Gaming is going to toss out there next. I have a feeling it will be Monster Bash. Maybe we'll see Dutch Pinball turn things around in 2018 like Heighway did recently.

Cheers to a great 2018 in Pinball!

#10 6 years ago

- Other companies will steal market shares from Stern. 2018 will be the year that cost cutting finally catches up to them.
    - Alice Cooper will be an epic release for Spooky, TNA selling hot giving Spooky the 1 - 2 punch they need.
    - Heighway and Dutch will try to stay "afloat" this year due to more dollars going to the competition.
    - American Pinball will announce their second game before the end of the year.
    - CGC & PP will release another remake
    - JJP will reveal Toy Story before Year end
    - Silvercastle might show a new playfield layout of timeshock LOL... what a waste...time seems to have come and gone for them.
    - The Twipy's will be even more controversial
    - I don't forecast any price increases this year as competition for pinhead dollars will be fought for by every company
    - I will refrain from posting shit about #wheresthecode as I believe Stern can fuck it up all by themselves this year

#11 6 years ago

2018 will be the year of more butchered licensed themes, more games released with beta code that barely makes them playable, more rock stars that have't taken a breath in 30 years, let alone had a hit in that time, more shoddy construction, more price increases, but most of all....

more dimples!

#12 6 years ago

Four companies will *ship* new titles - titles to North America that were not shipping in 2017 or prior - in 2018.

#13 6 years ago

In the year 2018, someone will put opposing magnets in the balls themselves, and balls will no longer collide and side drain during multiball...

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

In the year 2018, someone will put opposing magnets in the balls themselves, and balls will no longer collide and side drain during multiball...

I predict that, very quickly, someone will explain to you how magnets actually work.

#15 6 years ago

Total Nuclear annihilation becomes Spooky pinball's best selling game to date for a short time untill Alice Cooper is shown and it sells out of the 500 units (500 deposits taken in 2018) .TNA reclaims the tittle of spooky's best selling game by the end of the year as sales of the game are still strong and production numbers are not limited .

#16 6 years ago

In 2018, readings seem to indicate much more bobalee...less bo

30EF7A25-4A4A-48EB-BC18-D665336F6020 (resized).jpeg30EF7A25-4A4A-48EB-BC18-D665336F6020 (resized).jpeg

#17 6 years ago

my stalker will continue to find me to be the most interesting person on Pinside

#18 6 years ago

SR will finally release BK3 Armageddon, completing the trilogy. And it is going to take your breath away.......

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

SR will finally release BK3 Armageddon, completing the trilogy. And it is going to take your breath away.......

Will we be able to use the left flipper this time?

#21 6 years ago

Heighway Pinball, RIP.

2 months later
    #22 6 years ago

JJP will file Bankruptcy in 2018!

8 months later
    1 week later
    #24 5 years ago

I predict the predictions on the 2019 thread will be as inaccurate as the prediction on the 2018 thread were

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predictions-for-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.