(Topic ID: 36369)

Prediction: What will be the next 'B' title to be raised to 'A-' status.....

By tamoore

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Iamdarras
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Banging.GIF
    Dancing_Monsters_Mummy_Dracula_Franken.gif
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #152 11 years ago

I think the sys 11 stuff with the good rules and cool original themes are next. WW is already on its way. Taxi, HS, Diner, and BOP (Not sys 11 but looks like it) are also games I see value going up. They all have enough rules, charm, and playability to become more desired at restored. The parts are also out there to do so.

mike

#153 11 years ago

Gladiators, If I can swing the deal!

#154 11 years ago

I define an "A" pin on what the market has determined. I take personal preferences out of it.

If the pin has appreciated from original NIB price, excluding extreme rarity like a BBB, then I would say it is an "A" pin as the market has decided that the supply doesn't meet the demand. When you see posts wanting Stern/JJP to make another run of a B/W game because of collectors being priced out, then you know the game is "A" status.

If it is a pin within 60-80% of original value, I would say it is a "B" pin, with some having a chance to become "A" as they become more popular and price goes up because of demand.

Any pin that has 50% and lower value of NIB is a "C" pin.

This approach easily is applied to newer Sterns. Tron LE, AC/DC Premium/LE are examples.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I define an "A" pin on what the market has determined. I take personal preferences out of it.
    If the pin has appreciated from original NIB price, excluding extreme rarity like a BBB, then I would say it is an "A" pin as the market has decided that the supply doesn't meet the demand. When you see posts wanting Stern/JJP to make another run of a B/W game because of collectors being priced out, then you know the game is "A" status.
    If it is a pin within 60-80% of original value, I would say it is a "B" pin, with some having a chance to become "A" as they become more popular and price goes up because of demand.
    Any pin that has 50% and lower value of NIB is a "C" pin.
    This approach easily is applied to newer Sterns. TRON LE, AC/DC Premium/LE are examples.

does this factor inflation?

#156 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Shadow
    Jurassic Park
    Dirty Harry
    DE Star Wars with new code

Do you really think DE Star Wars? I mean I do, but I is it becouse I'm a huge Star Wars fan and own it? So many people have been ruined on it becouse of the old roms.

#158 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Mousin around!

Hell ya! I play mine all the time! Sounds great with a pinball pro sub in it!

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

Do you really think DE Star Wars? I mean I do, but I is it becouse I'm a huge Star Wars fan and own it? So many people have been ruined on it becouse of the old roms.

I have a huge Star Wars collection & sold my DE SW because it didn't play actual Star Wars music!?!! That's one thing I like about my SWE1.

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

DE SW because it didn't play actual Star Wars music!?!!

I had no idea... That is disappointing.

How have the new roms really helped? I thought it was just adding a ball save?

Edit: I'll search for the thread, it probably answers my question

#162 11 years ago

"A" Definition:
    These:
    Cactus Canyon
    BBB
    Safecracker
    [OR]
    "A" list title must have both be true to qualify:
    Must be in the top 30 on pinside.
    Must be nearly impossible to find a working one for sale for under $2500. Average sale price should be over $3K

Here's the pins that do not "qualify" in "A" as of today...
    Creature
    Shadow
    Whirlwind
    BSD
    NGG

"B" list Definition:
    Everything else

If people use dumbed down ranking systems like letters, those systems need dumbed down definitions.

#163 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll say it again. Everyone has their own list of what they consider an 'A' game, 'B' game or what have you. And if you can own the games on your list, than you are as lucky as I am!

Yeah, I get it, you don't have to give your opinion over and over again.

#164 11 years ago

Obvious answer is TX Sector.

Duh

#165 11 years ago

Anything that appears on Pinball Arcade will increase demand for the real machines. It will be interesting to see if prices follow suit...

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Anything that appears on Pinball Arcade will increase demand for the real machines. It will be interesting to see if prices follow suit...

I bet it could, for anyone even remotely interested in pinball. But only to their demise because the real games are far more difficult than virtual versions.

Pinball Arcade is a conundrum for me, good for the advancement of pinball, but then again, brings in people that potentially will drive prices up. Plus, their use of Kickstarter is really unethical in my opinion. Sure, maybe in initial development, but come on, they've made enough money to go the standard business plan route. You know, put money into development and release a product without the use of donated funds. Hey, for 10 grand you can have lunch with the guys...that's worth something right...NOT!

#167 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Yeah, I get it, you don't have to give your opinion over and over again.

When I made my want list, I didn't even know 'a' game from 'b' game. I just went after the games I liked. Lucky me, most of them were what are so called 'b' games. If that makes me a lesser pinball enthusiast, I can live with that. I'm having a blast!

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I have a huge Star Wars collection & sold my DE SW because it didn't play actual Star Wars music!?!! That's one thing I like about my SWE1.

Yea my SWE1 is great I love mine too. I just parted with my two cockpit arcades to some collectors becouse I thought it was lame to just have them in storage. Does SWE1 do anything if you beat Darth Maul in the Jedi spirit? I have only lost to him there.

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prediction-what-will-be-the-next-b-title-to-be-raised-to-a-status/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.