telling me there is a chance .jpg
image.jpg
Martians.jpg
image.jpg
245499740.jpg
251562341.jpg
251562342.jpg
54fc9237530c0.image.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Let me start off by saying: THIS IS JUST ME SPECULATING OUT LOUD HERE. Also, I do NOT HAVE INSIDER INFORMATION here.. no-one from TPF has told me anything about this. I am just starting to connect some dots and I think I have enough evidence now to make a prediction.

Before, I thought that the odds were likely that PPS would announce AFM-R at the 2014 Pinball Expo. I was wrong. Delays pushed the project back, and even if such a thing existed revealing it before machines had shipped would be bad form... a PR error. So at that point I began to predict that AFM-R would be announced at TPF 2015, a prediction that I am now substantially upgrading.

First clues are obvious, and inside of the official TPF artwork. Note that last year 2014 the artwork was based around MM and low and behold MM-R was there to play for the first time ever.

54fc9237530c0.image.gif54fc9237530c0.image.gif

And the official souvenir coin...

251562342.jpg251562342.jpg251562341.jpg251562341.jpg

And the T-Shirt....

245499740.jpg245499740.jpg

Now... that's pretty obvious that the show is themed around AFM, but one point is that the theme has been around other pinball machines in the past, like in 2013, and of course there was no remake then.

That brings me to the big jalopy.

Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

400 GAMES! As of this morning we have 400 games registered to be at the 2015 Texas Pinball Festival! 363 pins and 37 vids. Yes, there are only 357 pins showing on the list, but only because 6 are surprise games to be unveiled at TPF

"

Wait a second... did he just say 6 Surprise games??? Yes, he did.

Ok, so now we know that we have a AFM themed show, and 6 "mystery machines" coming which cannot be revealed until the day of the TPF! So what are the 6 machines?

My guess is that at least 2 of them are in fact: AFM-R and PPS is going to shock everyone by not only announcing the game, but showing a completed version that begins shipping shortly...

What do you think?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are no where near unveiling a AFM-R. Or mentioning the next game.
And TPF is a great show.
LTG : )™

That's what they told you to say....

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Jared, In other news; did you hear that JFK was assassinated in Dallas?

Is it that obvious?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If this happens, there may be a lot of pissed off MMR owners thinking that PPS/CG spent time and resources on this at the expense of the way-behind-schedule MAmR project.

Less pissed than if he had done it at Expo 6 months ago, lol...

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wrong again.
TPF is a great show. Why cheapen it with things like this ?
LTG : )™

Is that how you see it? Cheapening? By making a prediction based out of fun, context clues, hidden images and speculation? Thats not cheapening... that's the day to day fun of the internet and pinside.

I mean... how can I argue with LTG... you even suggesting that I may be doing something wrong here makes me quickly considering asking a mod to delete the entire thread. Truly.

But then one post later, we have this...

Quoted from MrBally:

Yes. Observed and CONfirmed months ago. Was asked to not say anything on Pinside so I respected those who asked me to keep my mouth shut.

So whats going on? MrBally know something LTG does not?

I was just having fun with a harmless prediction. Apparently: I may actually be right.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

By a remark like this "That's what they told you to say.... ".
That didn't seem like fun to me.

Oh! THAT comment... sorry!

I was joking! I should have added a smiley...

When you said "They are no where near unveiling a AFM-R. Or mentioning the next game." I was trying to be like "oh LTG is just a part of the super secret cover up police!". lol. NO disrespect meant. Really.

This is coming from a guy who proudly uses his LTG coffee mug here in Texas every week. Sorry again.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

LTG coffee mug you say? Where can I get in on this action?

Only a special few have been mugged by LTG...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

By the way OP - I think your speculation is reasonable and certainly in good fun. If MMR wasn't so late, it would have been a great plan.

Thanks. Seeing as though the shirts/logo were released SO LONG AGO you could say that this was the plan all along... but perhaps due to circumstances the "AFM-R AT TPF" thing got pushed back and will be denied to have ever been the plan.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you REALLY like to speculate ALOT, especially when it can put the attention on you.
On topic, I think ANY future remakes will need to be substaintially less $$$ in order to sell, it would be stupid to announce before ALL MMrLE are delivered, the next remake will need to be ready for shipping along with announcement, and I think it is very unlikely that they will have AFMr ready in time for TPF.

Every day I spend hours and hours speculating... not just about pinball and pinball related topics, but about life, whats going in in the news, locally and everywhere else. My head swims in ideas and possibilities. Most of the time its fun, sometimes its overwhelming.

I also speculated that whysnow would find a way to be critical of my thread, but I kept that prediction to my head and silently added a check mark to it when I read your post just now. lol.

AFM-R... I think it's coming... to TPF.

If not: what are the 6 mystery machines and why the heavy theming of merchandise?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I don't know about all this AFMr stuff, but how do i get one of those Texas pinball t-shirts?

Purchase on their website.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Predicting AFMr will be on display before MMr which is a year late and still has not been delivered seems reasonable to me.

By the time TPF happens games will be shipped and unboxed.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well he said this 5 months ago:
"There will be no expo announcement of any upcoming games ... which is not to say that there aren't one or more games in the works, just no more pre-announcing early ... we apply what we learn"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-wms-big-bang-bar-next-up/page/4#post-1896748
I guess it all depends on how you interpret "pre-announcing early."

telling me there is a chance .jpgtelling me there is a chance .jpg

2 weeks later
#67 9 years ago

All - I would like to concede now that my prediction was 100% wrong.

While the coincidences are true, and I still believe that the next game from PPS will be AFM-R: it will certainly not be at TPF.

The reason I have confirmed this is that all PPS games have to be shipped to FUN!, who is their area distributor. I have verified with fun that 3 MMR's have arrived, a Hobbit, and WOZ75... but... no AFM-R.

The only way this could still be true is if:

-FUN! is keeping their shipment secret. Which would make sense.
-PPS is transporting the games some other way.

In light of this, I would say it is extremely unlikely that this will happen at TPF.

To everyone who said I was wrong: you were right.

1 week later
#75 9 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

It's always fun to have a wild theory that just might be true...
What did the 6 surprise games at TPF end up being?

Actually: I have no idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prediction-afm-r-to-be-fully-assembled-and-playing-at-tpf-2015?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.