(Topic ID: 122424)

Predator - what happens to games that have already been made?

By RGR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Einstein.jpg
captobv.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magic_mike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

The Prototype should be auctioned off and all proceeds used to payback those that are out money.

That wouldn't cover 250 people.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

lol, that's like saying you won't donate money to feed starving people because you can't pay for the whole village...

Actually, I wouldn't donate because I feel that educated grown adults who sent a stranger thousands and thousands of dollars over the internet on a blind faith promise was just plain retarded.

I hope that things work out, but I can't provide any sympathy and I'm just being honest about it.

Einstein.jpgEinstein.jpg

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Lovely reply Mike
While I might be "retarded" I'm pretty certain I could guess at some words that would sum up your personality.

I doubt it wouldn't be anything I haven't already heard before.

Just keep it clean and call me a realist.

We seem to have missed each other when I was there in 2012 for the Olympics.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Realist? Maybe and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but why would you want to post something like that when people are down. Would you go to a funeral of a smoker and then post on about why they were stupid to smoke?
As things stand I'll fully admit I was stupid to trust a man who built a machine and asked me for money but as far as I'm aware none of asked have asked you for a penny to help us out so why bother kicking us?

Actually I would and have. Don't get me started with smokers.

I told a dying family member how stupid it was for them to have spent so much time & money on alcohol.....and they agreed.

So, since Pinside is regarded as being "family," then "family" should be criticized whenever they go out and do something foolish and embarrassing.

But, only because you are looking out for their best interest. Just tough love.

Hope this clears things up.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Actually there are some things Id call you and im sure it wouldn't be "realist", but Id prefer to not get ejected out of a thread because of responding negatively to people with elitist attitudes.

PM still works.

#49 9 years ago

The difference is a true family member would let you know its stupid to put money down on the pin beforehand instead of in hindsight. You're just purposely rubbing salt in a fresh wound.

Do I have to dig through two years of posts where myself and others did say that?

Over the 30 years being the the hobby, I got burned twice. Both times were based on trust and buying sight unseen.

My goal has always been to prevent someone from making my mistakes.

You may have listened but probably got overshadowed by hype and excitement.

For others, bad habits die hard.

#51 9 years ago

Your original post reads like an I told you so....

Because it should! I will leave you with one of the best posts of 2015. Read over and over if necessary...

Quoted from pkiefert:

In the pinball industry there seems to have been a shift away from the traditional business model of a company believing in a product, making the product and then selling the product. The shift has been towards a model of a company not sure about the success of their product or not sure of their means to produce the product so they go the route of "pre-ordering" to get customers to buy something before it's made.
Pinball Inc. and now The Circus Maximus Group have never nor will ever take “pre-orders” for any product we make, including Python’s Pinball Circus (PPC). For over 13 years we've been making parts for the pinball community and we have never taken a single payment before the products were in stock and ready to ship, we have believed in these products and we stand behind them. It’s not the role of the customer to take the financial risks, it’s the company who stands to benefit from the financial gain that should take the risk.
We've been getting dozens of requests for pre-orders of PPC including requests to send us money as well, we refuse. We will only take orders for the games when they are READY. You will have the opportunity to see and play the game BEFORE you buy it. If we sell out, then we will probably make more.
We are enjoying working on the game and we are sure the end product will indeed be the game that deserves to carry it’s name.
Cheers,
James Loflin
Pinball Inc.
The Circus Maximus Group

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magic_mike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-what-happens-to-games-that-have-already-been-made?tu=magic_mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.