(Topic ID: 122424)

Predator - what happens to games that have already been made?

By RGR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Einstein.jpg
captobv.jpeg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

They get destroyed or sold off underground?

#2 9 years ago

If you peel off the decals, the cabs just become wooden boxes.

#3 9 years ago

If you spray over the likenesses on the playfields, those playfields become decorated slabs of wood.

#4 9 years ago

As far as i know theres only one, the rest are just parts.

#5 9 years ago

Check Whysnow's trunk....

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

As far as i know theres only one, the rest are just parts.

Almost; we saw a few partially assembled playfields.

#7 9 years ago

If he doesn't stick to his word and start refunding people soon, he will likely be living in them.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If he doesn't stick to his word and start refunding people soon, he will likely be living in them.

Or buried in them

#9 9 years ago

if you peel off the cabinet decals

someone would have a donor JM cabinet.. was used originally for project
if not faded to badly...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Check Whysnow's trunk....

Please give it up.
You are just being a jerk at this point.

I understand that you are extatic it all failed, but kicking a guy when he is down (and potentially out a large sum of money) is just pathetic.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please give it up.
I understand that you are extatic it all failed, but kicking a guy when he is down (and potentially out a large sum of money) is just pathetic.

Being sadistic in nature is a very ugly thing. I think the Predator thread really brought out the worst in so many people who probably never knew they had it in them to be this ugly... Sometimes dude, you just gotta ignore.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

They get destroyed or sold off underground?

Well most people have concluded that the Skit-B owner is in big sh** from Fox and that he's ordered to destroy everything associated with his project, including the beautiful cabs

#13 9 years ago

Maybe I should drive over to South Lyon and do some dumpster diving !

#14 9 years ago

If that original Predator somehow survives...in 20 years or so, it will be one of those ultra rare pins that is a crown jewel in some collection. Not for it's gameplay, but simply because of it's incredible rarity and back story.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If that original Predator somehow survives...in 20 years or so, it will be one of those ultra rare pins that is a crown jewel in some collection. Not for it's gameplay, but simply because of it's incredible rarity and back story.

I can guarantee you that he already had 20+ people contact him to purchase the pin for a ridiculous amount of money because of what you said exactly. Thing's already a collectors item and it's the most hated pin in the world at the moment

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please give it up.

Seriously? Hello pot, I'm kettle.

#17 9 years ago

Obviously they have spend a lot of money on boards, cabinets, electronics etc already.
Why not rebrand it and still put it out with another name?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Obviously they have spend a lot of money on boards, cabinets, electronics etc already.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that amigo. Kevin, owner of Skit-B dug a hole to deep to even climb out of. He has zero credibility with most users on pinside. I've given him the benefit of the doubt. No one would want to deal with him again unless he does right and refunds everyone. It's sad, because you're 100%. He could rebrand the game and knock out all the IP for Predator. Isn't that was Gottlieb did back in the days with games like "Gold Wings"?

I wonder what Skit-B would rename the pin to? "Alien Hunter"?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

He should have come public with the missing licence long ago and suggested a re-theme - I think many would have accepted the idea.
(And the "original" software could have "leaked" and so could cabinet art

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not for it's gameplay, but simply because of it's incredible rarity and back story.

The gameplay was pretty darn good too...

#21 9 years ago

I would have probably stayed in for a rethemed pin with generic art. Hell even if it was called EOD. The cash was committed so whilst I wanted a Predator theme I probably would have accepted pretty much anything rather than being in the hole we are now.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that amigo. Kevin, owner of Skit-B dug a hole to deep to even climb out of. He has zero credibility with most users on pinside. I've given him the benefit of the doubt. No one would want to deal with him again unless he does right and refunds everyone. It's sad, because you're 100%. He could rebrand the game and knock out all the IP for Predator. Isn't that was Gottlieb did back in the days with games like "Gold Wings"?
I wonder what Skit-B would rename the pin to? "Alien Hunter"?

I totally understand about his credibility.
Maybe he can sell off whatever physical hardware he has now to another company and they can move forward with the machine under another name (or get the proper license)?
There had to have been tons of time and money invested to even get that demo machine produced. Someone could just pick up where he left off. I am sure those of you that invested your money into it still want the machine. And if another manufacturer took over, then why not still get it?
Hey, maybe the price will drop some since the new investor could probably buy his hardware for much less than he paid for it.

#23 9 years ago

I was wondering this myself. After all this drama I bet Kevin could sell the one machine in existence for A LOT of money, no? It's the most INFAMOUS pinball machine ever. I don't think we'll ever hear or see from Kevin again.

#24 9 years ago

Wow! The final insult would be a for an original buyer that lost out to hear about a game in someones hand that swooped in and bought one of these.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wow! The final insult would be a for an original buyer that lost out to hear about a game in someones hand that swooped in and bought one of these.

I'm not vindictive, but I would feel very bad for THAT guy. Newest villain on the block.

" I'll let go for a measly $1.1 mil."
"Sold! Where you want it shipped?"
" fBI. You're under arrest."

#26 9 years ago

I wonder if Fox ever considered setting a Museum to display all kinds of copyright infringements they identified and stopped. From unsold prototypes to fake remakes. Could be instructive.

Might spend a few quarters on that pin then...

#27 9 years ago

I hope a few of the machines eventually see the light of day.

From a flat-out historical perspective, and the fact that I liked the theme and enjoyed the game...I'd hate to see them all destroyed.

Pete

#28 9 years ago

kevin has ten new coffee tables for sale...

#29 9 years ago

If he keeps the one for himself, he likely could sell the one later on without harm or foul.

Think of Goonies, Buffy, Matrix, etc. If you build one for yourself I believe you are ok. When you try to commercially sell them in any quantity that's when there's a problem.

#30 9 years ago

Nobody should profit from all the people that may lose out on this debacle. All prototypes are hopefully destroyed.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The gameplay was pretty darn good too...

Best wizard mode entry in all of pinball

#32 9 years ago

I think you'll find that proto game has mysteriously gone missing

#33 9 years ago

The Prototype should be auctioned off and all proceeds used to payback those that are out money.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

The Prototype should be auctioned off and all proceeds used to payback those that are out money.

That wouldn't cover 250 people.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

lol, that's like saying you won't donate money to feed starving people because you can't pay for the whole village...
captobv.jpegcaptobv.jpeg

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Well hopefully it would cover a lot of what has been spent and the rest is still at Paypal. I just hope nobody takes this one on the chin.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

lol, that's like saying you won't donate money to feed starving people because you can't pay for the whole village...

Actually, I wouldn't donate because I feel that educated grown adults who sent a stranger thousands and thousands of dollars over the internet on a blind faith promise was just plain retarded.

I hope that things work out, but I can't provide any sympathy and I'm just being honest about it.

Einstein.jpgEinstein.jpg

#38 9 years ago

Lovely reply Mike
While I might be "retarded" I'm pretty certain I could guess at some words that would sum up your personality.

#39 9 years ago

Back on topic I'd actually like to see a machine survive so people get to know in the future what it was all about

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Lovely reply Mike
While I might be "retarded" I'm pretty certain I could guess at some words that would sum up your personality.

I doubt it wouldn't be anything I haven't already heard before.

Just keep it clean and call me a realist.

We seem to have missed each other when I was there in 2012 for the Olympics.

#41 9 years ago

Realist? Maybe and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but why would you want to post something like that when people are down. Would you go to a funeral of a smoker and then post on about why they were stupid to smoke?
As things stand I'll fully admit I was stupid to trust a man who built a machine and asked me for money but as far as I'm aware none of asked have asked you for a penny to help us out so why bother kicking us?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I doubt it wouldn't be anything I haven't already heard before.
Just keep it clean and call me a realist.

Actually there are some things Id call you and im sure it wouldn't be "realist", but Id prefer to not get ejected out of a thread because of responding negatively to people with elitist attitudes.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Realist? Maybe and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but why would you want to post something like that when people are down. Would you go to a funeral of a smoker and then post on about why they were stupid to smoke?
As things stand I'll fully admit I was stupid to trust a man who built a machine and asked me for money but as far as I'm aware none of asked have asked you for a penny to help us out so why bother kicking us?

Actually I would and have. Don't get me started with smokers.

I told a dying family member how stupid it was for them to have spent so much time & money on alcohol.....and they agreed.

So, since Pinside is regarded as being "family," then "family" should be criticized whenever they go out and do something foolish and embarrassing.

But, only because you are looking out for their best interest. Just tough love.

Hope this clears things up.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Actually there are some things Id call you and im sure it wouldn't be "realist", but Id prefer to not get ejected out of a thread because of responding negatively to people with elitist attitudes.

PM still works.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Actually I would and have. Don't get me started with smokers.
I told a dying family member how stupid it was for them to have spent so much time & money on alcohol.....and they agreed.
So, since Pinside is regarded as being "family," then "family" should be criticized whenever they go out and do something foolish and embarrassing.
But, only because you are looking out for their best interest. Just tough love.
Hope this clears things up.

The difference is a true family member would let you know its stupid to put money down on the pin beforehand instead of in hindsight. You're just purposely rubbing salt in a fresh wound.

#46 9 years ago

Why do I need to pm you? Im sure I got my point across out in the open. I think you can read between the lines.

#47 9 years ago

What does all this have to do with the thread topic?

C'mon guys, there's already a thread that's heavily moderated.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

What does all this have to do with the thread topic?
C'mon guys, there's already a thread that's heavily moderated.

Ok to stay on topic, answer: they get destroyed, end thread.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

The difference is a true family member would let you know its stupid to put money down on the pin beforehand instead of in hindsight. You're just purposely rubbing salt in a fresh wound.

Do I have to dig through two years of posts where myself and others did say that?

Over the 30 years being the the hobby, I got burned twice. Both times were based on trust and buying sight unseen.

My goal has always been to prevent someone from making my mistakes.

You may have listened but probably got overshadowed by hype and excitement.

For others, bad habits die hard.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Do I have to dig through two years of posts where myself and others did say that?
Over the 30 years being the the hobby, I got burned twice. Both times were based on trust and buying sight unseen.
My goal has always been to prevent someone from making my mistakes.
You may have listened but probably got overshadowed by hype and excitement.
For others, bad habits die hard.

What does stating as much after the fact prove? Your original post reads like an I told you so, well good on you old wise one.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-what-happens-to-games-that-have-already-been-made/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.