PA170950.JPG
PA170951.JPG
PA170949.JPG
PA170948.JPG
PA170946.JPG
PA170947.JPG
PA170945.JPG
20141017_193024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

From my September 3 email:
"Now that we have major shipments of parts coming in, our build schedule
has become much clearer. Games will be starting to go out this fall, as
planned, after which we project we will be able to move about 40 units
per month when we hit our stride. Using these projections, we can get a
relative gauge on when any single game is scheduled to ship out, based
on the production order number listed above. Of course, there will be
more on this as we get deeper into the production process"

This is good news for those with skin in the game. However, it does seem strange that we haven't seen any pictures of their Manufacturing facility let alone piles of parts sitting on palettes, no?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I honestly think this pinball is never going to be in production , and it's going to end in a very ugly situation .....but if not i will pay top dollar for a Predator .....

Unfortunately, it makes me cautiously optimistic as well. If they start taking pre-orders for "Masters of Dangerous" before shipping 250 Predators (or the majority of them) I'll be more concerned.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Spooky says they're happy when 2 AMH ship per week, how long will it take SkirB to build 250 Predators? Took JJP 2 years to build 1000 WOZLE and they have a legit factory.

I'd be curious how many employees Spooky has building their games too. Because I haven't seen Skit-B adding anyone to their team either? In fact, does anyone know if Aaron is no longer doing anything with Skit-B? I don't see his name mentioned on their website at all?

Meanwhile, Kevin apparently has time to work on the newly announced Funhouse upgrade as well as Skit-B's second announced game "Masters of Dangerous"? He is definitely a very busy man!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

3/4 of a million dollars is enough to buy all sorts of things in bulk that you originally were going to have to buy 10-20 at a time

Agreed, it is a lot of money. Although, I would be curious how much of that money would be needed to buy (or lease?) a manufacturing facility capable of storing all of those parts? Because, assuming his house isn't busting at the seams right now with parts, doesn't he have to be paying for some sort of facility? And the longer that facility sits without shipping game #1 the more money you're losing, right?

If the facility does exist with thousands of parts sitting in it then pics please!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The facility exists, but you need to remember that MI is C H E A P to find a space like this. I think there is pretty minimal overhead in the actual facility. I can not remember which pinsider it was, but people have seen the space.
SkitB is not much for sharing pics behind the curtain. I am fine with that and feel pretty confident that worst case senarion I will have my game in my house in this calander year (really hoping for late Oct at latest) and think as soon as owners actually have games then other owners will get all of the info they actually need.

Yep, I live in Michigan (just 45 minutes away from Kevin in Bay City). Commercial property is relatively cheap compared to other states, that's for sure. Of course, things like electricity and gas (for heating) are still pricey and I would think a reasonably large facility (even just 5,000 sq. ft.?) isn't cheap to maintain.

Anyway ... hopefully everything is moving right along.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Am I the only one who thinks that Predator is going to be built in NJ? The writing is on the wall. Kevin quoted JJP production speed. JJP just completed their WOZRRE run and they are not ready to build TH. Makes sense that JJP would keep their production workers busy on outside work rather than lay them off.

Don't you think they have at least a few hundred 75th Edition WOZ's to build? And maybe another hundred 'regular' WOZ's? They have to get all of those done before December. I'd be really shocked if JJP had the resources to plan out an assembly line production of Predator in time to be done before Hobbit. JJP does not need that distraction. I'd also be shocked if Skit-B actually had all the parts to build 250 games at this point (or even in the near future).

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

JJP isn't making Predator. SkitB is using someone else.

So who else is set up to produce pinball machines?? And I thought there were reports of at least some parts being shipped to MI? Now they're going to ship all those parts somewhere else? This does not sound realistic or logical at all.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Craz is just trolling and trying to spread mis-information. The topic of build was covered and pretty clear. Thanks for reiterating!
side note > will Wooly be available for play on Friday at Expo? That is the only day I am able to attend.

WTH?? All I did was respond to roc-noc's post that he thought Predator was going to be built in NJ. I said I highly doubt that. How is that trolling or spreading mis-information??

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are obviously looking to stir things up and keep a rumor going.

How the heck am I trying to keep a rumor going by stating I highly doubt that it will happen?? So sorry that your post was apparently the definitive response and I agreed.

3 weeks later
#96 9 years ago

What are the odds Skit-B will have more than just the 1 prototype at Expo that we've seen making appearances several times over the last year+?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates-1?tu=CraZ4Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.