PA170950.JPG
PA170951.JPG
PA170949.JPG
PA170948.JPG
PA170946.JPG
PA170947.JPG
PA170945.JPG
20141017_193024.jpg
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Yes, I have been working with Kevin on this upgraded GI/Flasher lighting effects on Predator, since earlier this summer. We decided to wait to keep it on the down low until Kevin had it installed and code written. Kevin is still tweaking things in the code to maximize the effect for the player but it totally changes the lighting in the machine. This will be on option for everyone who is getting a Predator, and it will be factory installed. The target price for this sweet must have upgrade is about $200.00. I am tell you guys this is a game changing look for this machine and I know you will like what you see.
Can you imagine if the room that you are playing it in was darker...
Thanks for posting the video,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

lighting looks really great Steve!!!!

#152 9 years ago

Those plastics look awesome and the video was a good watch as well. Thanks for sharing from those of us who don't get to partake in the Expo!

#153 9 years ago

The target price for this sweet must have upgrade is about $200.00. I am tell you guys this is a game changing look for this machine and I know you will like what you see.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I love that its factory installed, I assume when it comes time for my machine to be built Kevin will ask if I want the lighting upgrade? Put me down for one.

Put me down for another one. Guess you can expect to see close to 250 upgrade orders!

#154 9 years ago

Put me down for the lighting too! Looks great!

#155 9 years ago

Me too. Looks great!

$200?
image-998.jpgimage-998.jpg

#156 9 years ago

Saw Predator today. The new plastics look great. In fact I think they're the most solid art on the game now. I wish the play field was in the same style. Was too bright to really see the lighting effects and UV in any real way. Doubt anyone will play this game under a giant bank of fluorescent lights.

#157 9 years ago

I love that its factory installed, I assume when it comes time for my machine to be built Kevin will ask if I want the lighting upgrade? Put me down for one.

When it's time... Yes, Kevin will get with everyone on this upgrade for Predator, so I can build the mods and they'll install it in your machine.

Thanks for adding it,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Put me down for another one. Guess you can expect to see close to 250 upgrade orders!

Quoted from vster23:

Put me down for the lighting too! Looks great!

Quoted from underlord:

Me too. Looks great!
$200?

No problem... I guess I better start making 250 kits...

Thanks for adding it to your machines,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#159 9 years ago

No problem... I guess I better start making 250 kits...

I'm in. Cool idea. Thanks.

#160 9 years ago

I will be wanting to upgrade too. Excellent work again, Steve.

#161 9 years ago

When it's time... Yes, Kevin will get with everyone on this upgrade for Predator, so I can build the mods and they'll install it in your machine.
Thanks for adding it,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Yay!

#162 9 years ago

Glad I was able to finally play this today! Got my ass handed to me by bangerjay, I have to work on my nudge skills after watching that artist....

#163 9 years ago

Steve I've been in on the light kit for a few weeks now. great job man!

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Steve I've been in on the light kit for a few weeks now. great job man!

Thanks... It's a team effort from Kevin and his crew, Matt, Paul, myself and others that I am leaving out

Thanks everyone for your support,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#165 9 years ago

Can't wait to see more video.

#166 9 years ago

What a cool looking pin. I can't wait to get mine, with the Alien being made finally getting some good themes.

#167 9 years ago

I got multiball on it today for the first time. Whicked cool with the action and sounds.... Did I mention the sounds? Even in a noisy game room the sound calls rocked me.

Well built, solid game with a great art package. And fast. And challenging.... And I can't wait to get mine home.

Any worries I had before today have been erased. Best bang for the buck game on the NIB market, bar none.

Maybe it's the excitement of Expo, maybe it's my bieng an enthusiastic owner, maybe its the multiball that kicked my ass and maybe it's the double martinins but this game is killer in my opinion.

Kevin and SkitB deserve a ton of credit as they have come through big time.

#168 9 years ago

Here's a quick video that I made of the machine when I was at Expo... Trust me once you get it home and set up, it will be a lot better. I will get with Kevin and see how he is planning on getting with everyone on this upgraded lighting kit for your machine so I will not delays anyone's Predator from being shipped.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#169 9 years ago

Hard to believe that in less than a year I will have a Predator pin which is looking amazing, wasn't aware of the colour changing GI next to an Aliens LE pin, seems surreal. Good bye action heros and old bands. Hello TWDLE, THLE, Aliens, Predator. Wow this is a line up that I can be proud of.

#170 9 years ago

Here's a quick video that I made of the machine when I was at Expo... Trust me once you get it home and set up, it will be a lot better. I will get with Kevin and see how he is playing on getting with everyone on this upgraded lighting kit for your machine so I will not delays anyone's Predator from being shipped.
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery
» YouTube video

Hey Steve that lighting looks great, takes the game to that next level. Question for you, when the blacklighting comes into play does your lighting go dark to not affect the blacklight? Thanks man I am reinvigorated for this title.

#171 9 years ago

Refresh my memory, who is doing the build?

#172 9 years ago

Hey Steve that lighting looks great, takes the game to that next level. Question for you, when the blacklighting comes into play does your lighting go dark to not affect the blacklight? Thanks man I am reinvigorated for this title.

Yes, my upgrade lighting kit will be off when the black lights are on to give the machines it's TOTAL effect... The kit is controlled by the pinball's program, "not" on a separate independent controller, so it's completely integrated into the lighting effects of the machine. So, however Kevin programs them to fire their 6 different colors into the playfield gives the game changing effects.

It's DEFINETLY worth getting it added to your machine...

Thanks for asking,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#173 9 years ago

Yes, my upgrade lighting kit will be off when the black lights are on to give the machines it's TOTAL effect... The kit is controlled by the pinball's program, "not" on a separate independent controller, so it's completely integrated into the lighting effects of the machine. So, however Kevin programs them to fire their 6 different colors into the playfield gives the game changing effects.
Thanks for asking,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Its awesome, im digging it.

#174 9 years ago

Thanks for asking,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

I'll take it! Where do I order?

#176 9 years ago

http://heighwaypinball.com/?page_id=12

STANDARD-LIMITED-EDITION-ALIEN.jpgSTANDARD-LIMITED-EDITION-ALIEN.jpg
#177 9 years ago

I like the intensity of the lights for sure and hope it's in it's early stages as it's constantly flicking between red, green which looks nice and I get, but the blue?...... looks horrid and cheap. Seems to be changing far too often and randomly, reckon it'd give you a headache after a while.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

http://heighwaypinball.com/?page_id=12
STANDARD-LIMITED-EDITION-ALIEN.j... 24 KB

The "Artwork Still in Development" footnote hardly seems necessary!

#179 9 years ago

So PRED is finally gonna ship. Amen.

#180 9 years ago

I want that Alien pin so bad but I gotta see the artwork and some animations first.

HURRY UP HEIGHWAY!

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

So PRED is finally gonna ship. Amen.

?

Did I miss an announcement?

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

?
Did I miss an announcement?

Late night optimism.

#183 9 years ago

Where did u hear that??

#184 9 years ago

It's looking great guys! I wish I could own this one too, just can't have em all but this one looks really cool and the refinery guys and the lighting upgrade is awesome.

#185 9 years ago

Played Predator with my buddy Whysnow at Expo - played nice. Really tuned in and feels like a Williams game in quality. Well done.

Set my expectations low that UV effect will work even in home environment. A tent was two booths over to showcase Virtuapin in the dark lighting. I really wanted to ask Kevin if we could coffin carry Predator over under the tent to see if the UV effect worked but just decided to leave well enough alone.

New lighting was cool No clue it was Hemi kit. How much and when do we need to tell Kev?

What quote should I put on my game. What was most popular "If it bleeds we can kill it"??

Didn't get to talk to Kev but mine should be in the first or second batch. Likely soon.

#186 9 years ago

Here's a quick video that I made of the machine when I was at Expo... Trust me once you get it home and set up, it will be a lot better. I will get with Kevin and see how he is planning on getting with everyone on this upgraded lighting kit for your machine so I will not delays anyone's Predator from being shipped.
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery
» YouTube video

Will the lighting changes be more subtle? It looks great but I think in a dark room that amount of change might be too much, or will it be controlled via software like Met Pre? Looks great by the way.

#187 9 years ago

Glad I have stayed in

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Will the lighting changes be more subtle? It looks great but I think in a dark room that amount of change might be too much, or will it be controlled via software like Met Pre? Looks great by the way.

Yeah it did have a kind of Christmas lights look to it, was changing colors too fast and I agree the blue doesnt seem to fit but there is probably no control over that.

#189 9 years ago

Its being controlled by sound I think needs to be part of the code so hopefully the guys at Pin Ref and Kevin are working together.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its being controlled by sound I think needs to be part of the code so hopefully the guys at Pin Ref and Kevin are working together.

Hemi said the lighting mod is all software controlled. Don't know if he is using RGB LEDs so that any color is possible.

#191 9 years ago

Rewatching that video the game is looking awesome now. Good job Kevin, bring on my game.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Played Predator with my buddy Whysnow at Expo - played nice. Really tuned in and feels like a Williams game in quality. Well done.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear this. Awesome theme AND decent gameplay .

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They are. Lighting will all be game controlled and Kevin told me that he is not done coding it at this stage and really just starting to scratch the surface. I think he said something about making smoother transitions and needing to remove some flikering.

The lighting is really even better in person and I think it will be great in a darker room.

I kept telling badbilly the smart thing would be to carry the tent over to be on top of predator, but for some reason he was insistent on carrying the game to the tent. I am convinced he thought he was going to be able to get the game out the side door and loaded up before anyone knew

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They are. Lighting will all be game controlled and Kevin told me that he is not done coding it at this stage and really just starting to scratch the surface. I think he said something about making smoother transitions and needing to remove some flikering.
The lighting is really even better in person and I think it will be great in a darker room.

Correct, the added lighting kit is machine controlled (not sound controlled) and like Whysnow said Kevin is still added and writing code for this upgraded effects into Predator. It's been busy for me after Expo, but I'll get with Kevin on how he is planning on getting with everyone to see if you want this upgrade for your machine. I have a few ideas to help smooth out the flickering with the lighting and make it more of a fade effect. I have to do a few experiments to see what it looks like, so hang in there.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

New lighting was cool No clue it was Hemi kit. How much and when do we need to tell Kev?.

Yes, Kevin and I have been keeping this one on the down low and wanted to show it at Expo. We are planning to sell this upgrade kit for Predator $200.00 and it will be installed on the production process, so it will be ready when you received the machine.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#196 9 years ago

Correct, the added lighting kit is machine controlled (not sound controlled) and like Whysnow said Kevin is still added and writing code for this upgraded effects into Predator. It's been busy for me after Expo, but I'll get with Kevin on how he is planning on getting with everyone to see if you want this upgrade for your machine. I have a few ideas to help smooth out the flickering with the lighting and make it more of a fade effect. I have to do a few experiments to see what it looks like, so hang in there.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Thanks for the lighting mod Steve. At $200 installed, I think it will be a "must have".

#197 9 years ago

I missed the announcement I guess ... when do you they expect to ship the first game? Soon? I like the new ramps/plastics too, huge improvement from the last time I saw this game. Looks awesome.

#198 9 years ago

Yes, Kevin and I have been keeping this one on the down low and wanted to show it at Expo. We are planning to sell this upgrade kit for Predator $200.00 and it will be installed on the production process, so it will be ready when you received the machine.
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Totally excited about this.

#199 9 years ago

I got to play Predator in dallas earlier this year.
It is a lot of fun and amazing to see & hear in person.
I'm a total fan of the brand, so the game really does it.
But, for the jr players, that center-field target causes a lot of SDTM short games.
Once you figure that out, it is really about hitting shots with the end of your lower flippers, and then becomes more enjoyable.

Fans of Predator movie, fans of Arnold, and fans of pinball are totally going to enjoy having this pin.

#200 9 years ago

I picked up my used Escalera at Expo and am now ready to bring this bad boy down stairs, super excited!

..........I love those center targets

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.