PA170950.JPG
PA170951.JPG
PA170949.JPG
PA170948.JPG
PA170946.JPG
PA170947.JPG
PA170945.JPG
20141017_193024.jpg

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wonder what Stern charges to use their facility and employees...

not happening....

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Here's the quote from aortuno from 3 months ago about how long it's going to take to build Nemo, have any Nemo games shipped yet?

Nope, but I will be the first to know because I have number #01
There were a few pieces missing, and August was not the best month to do business.

#53 9 years ago

I think it's really difficult to get anything done that requires parts and services from a bunch of different vendors in the summer. Seems like there is always some key person away on vacation.

Then you get to Thanksgiving with the start of the holiday season and the same thing happens. You have to wait until after New Years before things settle down and you can start making headway again.

#54 9 years ago

I would be shocked if anyone receives their game this year. SkitB should be excited to show off what they are doing, because if they are actively assembling games in their own factory, that's an amazing culmination of 3 years of hard work. Instead, everyone is relying on 3rd person heresay about where things are at. Nothing about it really makes sense to me, from the removal of the videos, the lack of info on their website, to the general lack of important details. I was in on this game from the beginning, but bailed shortly after playing it this year. I thought too many of the issues I saw were being dismissed as 'good enough' and focus was shifting to other projects. I am a huge Pred fan, but it just didn't feel right to me. I think there's still a long, hard road ahead for the buyers, so don't set your expectations too high on the timeline. I am totally ok with being wrong on this, so I will eat humble pie with a smile on my face if people start receiving working games within a few months.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would be shocked if anyone receives their game this year.

I don't disagree with you....I have set my expectation to receiving this game sometime in 2015 and I am fine with that. I merely hope it comes to me in perfect working order. There is no gain to be had in waiting anxiously for delivery this fall. I also think, that if I was Kevin, I would avoid Pinside. Too much drama. just focus on the task at hand and do your own thing. We have nothing to offer him at this point. And he doesn't owe us anything except a delivered game based on what we have seen (videos or prototype machine)

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would be shocked if anyone receives their game this year. SkitB should be excited to show off what they are doing, because if they are actively assembling games in their own factory, that's an amazing culmination of 3 years of hard work. Instead, everyone is relying on 3rd person heresay about where things are at. Nothing about it really makes sense to me, from the removal of the videos, the lack of info on their website, to the general lack of important details. I was in on this game from the beginning, but bailed shortly after playing it this year. I thought too many of the issues I saw were being dismissed as 'good enough' and focus was shifting to other projects. I am a huge Pred fan, but it just didn't feel right to me. I think there's still a long, hard road ahead for the buyers, so don't set your expectations too high on the timeline. I am totally ok with being wrong on this, so I will eat humble pie with a smile on my face if people start receiving working games within a few months.

Get your spoon ready

#58 9 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks that Predator is going to be built in NJ? The writing is on the wall. Kevin quoted JJP production speed. JJP just completed their WOZRRE run and they are not ready to build TH. Makes sense that JJP would keep their production workers busy on outside work rather than lay them off.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Am I the only one who thinks that Predator is going to be built in NJ? The writing is on the wall. Kevin quoted JJP production speed. JJP just completed their WOZRRE run and they are not ready to build TH. Makes sense that JJP would keep their production workers busy on outside work rather than lay them off.

I think that would make sense and I would be fine with it, but all inside sources say it is not happening. Game #1 is being built in house.

#60 9 years ago

A quick pic of a few Pred's being built would go down a treat right about now.

#61 9 years ago

My plan is to give this one more month and if it's still dead silence then I'll have to bow out. It just seems weird to take in close to one million dollars in prepays and not have the slightest bit of info on the internet, zero updates on pinside, and no one relating any first hand experiences. I have a family to answer to, and if it doesn't make sense to me, it surely won't make sense to them.

#62 9 years ago

I don't mind waiting a long time if I'm getting a game at the end. I am however starting to feel a little suspicion creeping in as time goes by. I'm sure many are starting to feel the same, surely they have to recognize the damage this lack of info is potentially causing. If this was the second game I'd have no problem.
Still in...

#63 9 years ago

Still no reply to any email I have sent in a MONTH. C'mon Skit-B:

COMMUNICATE DAMMIT!!!!!!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Still no reply to any email I have sent in a MONTH.

Did you try this address ? support (at) skitbpinball (dot) com

#65 9 years ago

So far I have tried contacting Kevin directly at his own email address ([email protected]), via their twitter feed, and via the skit b website contact form as directed by Kevin on the dude abides interview found on this Forum. Just sent them one to the address above (thanks for that) so we'll see if they get in touch.

#66 9 years ago

I sent an email last week to support and got a reply in less then 24 hours.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Don't you think they have at least a few hundred 75th Edition WOZ's to build? And maybe another hundred 'regular' WOZ's? They have to get all of those done before December. I'd be really shocked if JJP had the resources to plan out an assembly line production of Predator in time to be done before Hobbit. JJP does not need that distraction. I'd also be shocked if Skit-B actually had all the parts to build 250 games at this point (or even in the near future).

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Don't you think they have at least a few hundred 75th Edition WOZ's to build? And maybe another hundred 'regular' WOZ's? They have to get all of those done before December. I'd be really shocked if JJP had the resources to plan out an assembly line production of Predator in time to be done before Hobbit. JJP does not need that distraction. I'd also be shocked if Skit-B actually had all the parts to build 250 games at this point (or even in the near future).

JJP isn't making Predator. SkitB is using someone else.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

if Skit-B actually had all the parts to build 250 games

This may be the most logical reality to delays...
Any one part, can prevent many things from even starting.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

JJP isn't making Predator. SkitB is using someone else.

So who else is set up to produce pinball machines?? And I thought there were reports of at least some parts being shipped to MI? Now they're going to ship all those parts somewhere else? This does not sound realistic or logical at all.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

So who else is set up to produce pinball machines?? And I thought there were reports of at least some parts being shipped to MI? Now they're going to ship all those parts somewhere else? This does not sound realistic or logical at all.

In recent interviews it was only brought to light that Skit-B had developed a proposed second pin, Experts of Dangerous, and that it would be assembled at JJP. All other discussions with Kevin have remained the same, that the small build quantity of 250 Predator pins would be done in Michigan at the facilities he has at his disposal with his own hand picked crew. This has probably been one of the most consistent things since they announced they were going to build Predators.

#72 9 years ago

I would hardly say that 250 Predator machines is a "small build quantity".

That's small for Stern. But for anyone else? That's huge.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

In recent interviews it was only brought to light that Skit-B had developed a proposed second pin, Experts of Dangerous, and that it would be assembled at JJP. All other discussions with Kevin have remained the same, that the small build quantity of 250 Predator pins would be done in Michigan at the facilities he has at his disposal with his own hand picked crew. This has probably been one of the most consistent things since they announced they were going to build Predators.

Craz is just trolling and trying to spread mis-information. The topic of build was covered and pretty clear. Thanks for reiterating!

side note > will Wooly be available for play on Friday at Expo? That is the only day I am able to attend.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Craz is just trolling and trying to spread mis-information. The topic of build was covered and pretty clear. Thanks for reiterating!
side note > will Wooly be available for play on Friday at Expo? That is the only day I am able to attend.

WTH?? All I did was respond to roc-noc's post that he thought Predator was going to be built in NJ. I said I highly doubt that. How is that trolling or spreading mis-information??

#75 9 years ago

I already replied to RocNoc to dispell that idea and you are bringing it back up again just a few posts later.

You are obviously looking to stir things up and keep a rumor going.

The real problem here is that the lack of communication from Kevin allows people to stir things up and then pinside gets whipped into a frenzy.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are obviously looking to stir things up and keep a rumor going.

How the heck am I trying to keep a rumor going by stating I highly doubt that it will happen?? So sorry that your post was apparently the definitive response and I agreed.

#77 9 years ago

sorry, I read it as you adding questioning fule to the conjection fire.

my bad.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good to see you admitting that pinball is an investment to you and also making defamatory comments all in one sentence. Pretty strong inference (more like an accusation really) and likely a very narrow legal line you are walking with these sorts of statements.
I find it inappropriate (for anyone that claims to be a pinhead) to be rooting against a very valid start up company and frankly it makes it obvious that you are ignorant also.

The investment aspect is a safeguard, but I'll grant I was a bit heavy-handed in my response with the video.

#79 9 years ago

Rumor is Skit-B is letting Jpop handle the production line, Jetzxi told me that

#80 9 years ago

When this game is done..and someone puts the 1st video out....This pin is gunna suck.... .......lol.............Joey

1 week later
#81 9 years ago

10569088_10202451144061366_8135880886122786508_n.jpg10569088_10202451144061366_8135880886122786508_n.jpg

#82 9 years ago

Cool picture...

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

10569088_10202451144061366_81358... 113 KB

Wow! While some people collect stamps, others pinball machines or rc planes, you obviously have more refined tastes.

ps - remind me not to move into your neighborhood.

#84 9 years ago

Lol

#85 9 years ago

Well, at least a hojillion red plastic skulls and spines have been made. If only there were matching pinball machines to hang them from....

#86 9 years ago

Looks like it's just the after market toppers that Matt has created.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

So far I have tried contacting Kevin directly at his own email address ([email protected]), via their twitter feed, and via the skit b website contact form as directed by Kevin on the dude abides interview found on this Forum. Just sent them one to the address above (thanks for that) so we'll see if they get in touch.

So, did you ever get a response?

#88 9 years ago

Any new news?

#89 9 years ago

Sure hope this years expo is better than last year for them

#90 9 years ago

I hope there is some news.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

So, did you ever get a response?

Yes, I did. SkitB support told me this:

DATE: Sept 4, 2014

Russ,

A lot has been happening over the last few months here at Skit-B Pinball. Now that all the dust has settled from the owners' list, many of you will find your position in the build order has changed, and we would like to let you know where your machine stands in the grand scheme. Below you will find some detailed information about your game, and some descriptions of what these things mean.

Production Order: 47
This is the order in which your game will be produced. For example, if your production order were 127, that would mean there will be 126 machines produced before your machine.

Game Number: 99
This is the number on the apron of the machine. Again, as an example, if your production number were 238, your apron would read 238/250.

Custom Engraving: "Ol Painless is Waiting"
There has been some confusion surrounding the custom engraving, so hopefully we can clear that up now. By default, the apron plaque with the production number also bears the owner's first and last name. Many folks have requested to omit their name from the machine, going with a custom quote in its place. The plaque has room for two rows of 25 characters total. If the above is blank, the owner's first and last name will appear in its place.

Now that we have major shipments of parts coming in, our build schedule has become much clearer. Games will be starting to go out this fall, as planned, after which we project we will be able to move about 40 units per month when we hit our stride. Using these projections, we can get a relative gauge on when any single game is scheduled to ship out, based on the production order number listed above. Of course, there will be more on this as we get deeper into the production process.

As always, thank you for being a part of the project!

Skit-B Pinball Support

At the same time I got that mail, I got this:

Russ,
Here is a copy of the update sent September 4, 2014 with the update to the engrave plate. The financial records or being looked at this week. Please respond to this email so I know that you have received it.
Thank you,
Skit-B Support

*********************************************************************************

I of course responded but heard nothing back yet so nothing really new to tell but at least there is some communication there. Still holding out hope there will be some evidence that these machines are being built. Nothing calms a pre-buyer more than proof of what they paid for is actually being created when said creators say it is. Fingers crossed, eh?

#92 9 years ago

Sounds like a lot of information about plastic toys and custom engravings...what about the pinball machine you ordered?

#93 9 years ago

Ol Painless is "Waiting" ? Did you ever hear a proper "ing" from him in the movie at all? It's "Waitin' ", you know, like he said in the movie, "Ol painless is waitin' "

#94 9 years ago

I got the same canned response a few weeks ago. No real info there. Disappointing.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Ol Painless is "Waiting" ? Did you ever hear a proper "ing" from him in the movie at all? It's "Waitin' ", you know, like he said in the movie, "Ol painless is waitin' "

They got that wrong. I corrected them, trust me.

#96 9 years ago

What are the odds Skit-B will have more than just the 1 prototype at Expo that we've seen making appearances several times over the last year+?

#97 9 years ago

#98 9 years ago

Predator is at the expo (reposting here a picture from another thread - thanks Hwawonyu).
Anyone had a chat with Kevin?

303358-i.jpg303358-i.jpg
#99 9 years ago

After three years, I finally got a chance to play predator. .......
I will say this. At the price you paid, no one will be disappointed. Still needs some polishing, which I'm sure will be there on the production machine. But still solid.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

After three years, I finally got a chance to play Predator. .......
I will say this. At the price you paid, no one will be disappointed. Still needs some polishing, which I'm sure will be there on the production machine. But still solid.

Does it still have the giant black light tubes on each side? Can't tell clearly from the picture above...

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.