By YKpinballer

2 years ago

Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

money-toilet.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

The predator situation was finally brought out in the open and verified by Aaron. Under "YKPinballer said" this is not me speaking for myself, I was translating his posts into understandable points and he then clarified and commented point by point. You can see the whole development in the official skit-b predator discussion thread starting around page 69ish. Thought it was newsworthy so posting this where people will notice.

Just read the original post here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

#2 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

The formatting above is a bit wonky.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905
The formatting above is a bit wonky.

Thanks, edited post

#4 2 years ago

Very depressing, but at least those waiting are not in the dark quite as much. Saturday will be a huge shit storm on Pinside I am sure.
Hopefully most of the money has not been spent and something can be worked out to build the games, or make everyone whole or close to it.

#5 2 years ago

Fuck it, Kevin keep the $250 deposit for trying, give me back my $4500 for you straight up lying.

#6 2 years ago

Damn G they tried to fade you on Dre day

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Very depressing, but at least those waiting are not in the dark quite as much. Saturday will be a huge shit storm on Pinside I am sure.
Hopefully most of the money has not been spent and something can be worked out to build the games, or make everyone whole or close to it.

Yeah, at least there are some concrete answers. Obviously the important thing is getting refunds from kevin.

#8 2 years ago

money-toilet.jpg

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Fuck it, Kevin keep the $250 deposit for trying, give me back my $4500 for you straight up lying.

If all we lose is $250, then I would wear that, however I have a feeling it will be much more than that.

#10 2 years ago

fuck me what a shit storm

If I only lose $250 I'd be delighted. At this stage if I got 50% of the cash back then I'll count my blessings.

Out of the angry mob on the other thread how many of them are actually down on the game?

For me the big question is how much is left in the pot?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Damn G they tried to fade you on Dre day

But Dre day only made Kevin's payday

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

fuck me what a shit storm
If I only lose $250 I'd be delighted. At this stage if I got 50% of the cash back then I'll count my blessings.
Out of the angry mob on the other thread how many of them are actually down on the game?
For me the big question is how much is left in the pot?

If there is only half left with not one game made, then there are serious issues imo

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

If there is only half left with not one game made, then there are serious issues imo

I am hoping there is half left. I think most folks would be doing cartwheels if they could get half of their money back.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

The predator situation was finally brought out in the open and verified by Aaron of FAST pinball. Under "YKPinballer said" this is not me speaking for myself, I was translating his posts into understandable points and he then clarified and commented point by point. You can see the whole development in the official skit-b predator discussion thread starting around page 69ish. Thought it was newsworthy so posting this where people will notice.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

Let's be clear here. I made some posts in the other thread stating that I was trying to help Kevin sort out the situation that he is in. YKPinballer chose to take my comments and frame them in a way that made me sound like I was broadly defending Kevin's every action and proceeded to rephrase my comments with incorrect assumptions.

My responses to YKPinballer were to clarify my comments. In the end it is a short bullet list of what is sprinkled all over that thread, has been shared in emails from Kevin and a little of my own experience mixed in.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am hoping there is half left. I think most folks would be doing cartwheels if they could get half of their money back.

I would guess there's half or more left.

I DON'T think Kevin just absconded with the money or the money is gone. Of course SOME is gone, but you'd expect that. I think the problem is he just cant build a machine right now because he lacks:
1. the license
2. the manufacturing ability to get it done.

So my vote is still on incompetence, not pre-planned criminality.

#16 2 years ago

As a business owner it couldn't be clearer.....

#1 Stop fucking around

#2 Immediately refund everyone (If you can't...get a fucking jobbie and make sure every dime is paid back since Shit-B's business premise was based on fabricated lies.)

#3 Call each and every individual who put coin down on this project & throw yourself at the mercy of the court. In other words... Lose the pride and say you screwed up and verbally apologize via a phone call or better yet in person. A form letter apology in this instance is a start but unacceptable.

If this isn't addressed promptly then a shit storm of civil and criminal lawsuits are headed Kevin's way. I hope and pray for the best outcome to all those who have been taken advantage of on this project.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

proceeded to rephrase my comments with incorrect assumptions.

Most of the assumptions were actually 100% correct, with a few minor clarifications required.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I would guess there's half or more left.
I DON'T think Kevin just absconded with the money or the money is gone. Of course SOME is gone, but you'd expect that. I think the problem is he just cant build a machine right now because he lacks:
1. the license
2. the manufacturing ability to get it done.

Agreed - hopefully "right now" means it can change. "Hopefully"... most will see it as wishful thinking.
Assuming these two issues are sorted, will the game be built knowing that 50% or more of the current pre-buyers are so tired of it they want out no matter what? It better be rock-solid reinsurance.

I am still in... but not by a huge margin.
If this game is ever produced, will change my plaque engraving from "Survival of the fittest" to "Against all odds"

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The problem you have is, some have paid in $4750, $3000, and $250. Half is a big difference between all of them. I don't trust Kevin to return the money correctly and do the proper math.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

proceeded to rephrase my comments with incorrect assumptions.

In fact, in the linked post you actually outright just agree with 9 out of my 12 points, and the 3 others you address with a longer explanation but there are no "incorrect assumptions" involved.

This is the whole reason a translation of your information is required, because you can't help yourself from taking something and trying to spin it into something completely surreal. And if you want to accuse me of doing something disingenuous you should probably have something a bit better to back it up. I spoke the truth in plain terms. You agreed to it. Just accept it and move on.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

The problem you have is, some have paid in $4750, $3000, and $250. Half is a big difference between all of them. I don't trust Kevin to return the money correctly and do the proper math.

I posted this in the other thread, but it applies equally here.

From skitb's website:
"We're not ones to ever leave something at a simple answer, though, so we thought it would be interesting to show how it was made in the most step-by-step way possible without seeming like a tutorial. That being said, if you have any questions about it, go ahead and use our contact form and ask. I do wish we would have documented everything in a more complete fashion, but, you know, hindsight and all that. I'll do my best to keep a tally of money and time spent on the project as we go along, as well, just for information's sake."

From a bookkeeping standpoint, that scares me

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I posted this in the other thread, but it applies equally here.
From skitb's website:
"We're not ones to ever leave something at a simple answer, though, so we thought it would be interesting to show how it was made in the most step-by-step way possible without seeming like a tutorial. That being said, if you have any questions about it, go ahead and use our contact form and ask. I do wish we would have documented everything in a more complete fashion, but, you know, hindsight and all that. I'll do my best to keep a tally of money and time spent on the project as we go along, as well, just for information's sake."
From a bookkeeping standpoint, that scares me

Exactly, how he could handle that kind of cash without an accountant is beyond me. If there is money left its in our best interest as buyers to have someone else divy up the funds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.00
Electronics
Professor Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.50
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
$ 12.95
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 55.00
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside