• I'll have to see more before making a final decision. 41 votes
    33%
  • I might drop out when the next big deposit is due 2 votes
    2%
  • I'll probably drop out! 10 votes
    8%

(126 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

predatormaskoff.gif
Photographer.gif
homemade.jpg
Pinball.gif
Pinballer.JPG
predator_spike.gif
predator_zap.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

I'm curious how I will like this pin. The theme for me is 50:50 I could go either way. My main concern, is I am used to pins with lots of toys, magnet tricks and such. Predator is more of a straight shooter without toys. Just 2 VUK and a ramp diverter and a loop diverter. I'm sure it can be great but just not sure if it would be for me.

I think of pins in term of their toys, such as Junk Yard magnet wrecking ball, TZ gum ball machine and powers play field and power ball etc..

I suppose in that context Predator would be noted for its UV paint and hunt mode.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

There are gonna be 2 or 3 toys that interact with the game in some way. Predator claw to grab the ball or throw it off track, swinging bodies I assume in the jungle somewhere and the skull they showed us already. Unless things have changed this is what I read. If this has changed Skit-B hasn't said anything. Also added uv light and paint and a achievements based rule sheet and a bragging rights type scoring when playing against someone. These are things that haven't been in any pin ive played before. Sounds pretty amazing to me.

I was not sure about any toy interaction, I was assuming the skull and swinging bodies were just props, that is for looks. I'm trying to imagine where the toys will be placed.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

$ 4750.00 to my door ...

no official price yet and that's not including shipping.

#64 6 years ago

I was thinking about that, but to me the code does not seem amature. When I see bonus for back-hand shot (and I'm sure there are other details but that is just one example). It seems to me as if this game is well done code wise. I have not played it, but seeing it played it's a lot more coheisve than my XM which Stern 'team of pros' put together and which is a for sale product not a beta test machine.

#69 6 years ago

Again, being corporate does not mean not having buggy code or features that don't work. Maybe it should mean those things like the machine and code have been tested. But from my experience with Stern and XM it has a lot of big messed up code and features that are not tested like the ramp posts that have to be jury rigged etc..

I would think with a production budget of 'around $1M' that's what Gary Stern said it spends on developing a pin, we would not have a code crisis like we have with XM to the point that some times I want to smash it with a hammer rather than play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 45.99
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 8.40
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside