View topic image gallery

predatormaskoff.gif
Photographer.gif
homemade.jpg
Pinball.gif
Pinballer.JPG
predator_spike.gif
predator_zap.gif
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is a simple question at this point. Is there ANY chance that I will want to own a NIB Predator game for $4750? If the answer is yes, then send off an email and get on the list...

Fair enough ,, What the Email address so I can get my spot ? $ 4750.00 to my door ...

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

I don't think it will have connectivity for stats. Maybe for updates? Everyone sets their games up a little bit different.

That's really easy to solve (except for physical modifications/playing with glass off). Just make it so your results are invalidated for ranking unless you are playing on default/tournament settings.

#54 11 years ago

I feel good about the project at present, but of course, if things take a turn or significant delays come up, then who knows. I wouldn't drop non-refundable cash without a contract, however.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

I'm tempted to make this my first NIB pin in 25 years. I really would like to play it first though. Will it be at California Extreme?

If I get mine by then it will be.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

$ 4750.00 to my door ...

no official price yet and that's not including shipping.

#57 11 years ago

BR> I can't get on the skitB website at work, but just got there and find the email (something like [email protected] ???).

Send then an email and request to be on the waiting list.

As a heads up all of the 250 slots have already been reserved and I beleive deposits have been paid so there is no gaurentee at this point that you will get one. Apparently there is a waitlist of approximately 40 people currently so you would be in cue at 41. If 41 people drop out then you have a shot. Either way, being on the waitlist for a shot is better than nothing and no shot at all or waiting for someone to sell on the secondary market???

Price is $4750 plus you have to pay standard shipping. Still a great deal IMHO.

#58 11 years ago

I got out already. I know a few more people who are leaving as well due to the software. It looks very Home-brew because it is i guess. Hardware is fine. But from what i have played it just seems to garage for me. Potential is there though.

#59 11 years ago

At least I thought price was confirmed at $4750??? Rai???

#60 11 years ago

I don't see the sense in bailing before the full potential is reached. You're going from having an option, to the back of the queue if you change your mind when the finished prototype is revealed.

#61 11 years ago

I'm sure any unfamiliar software will look homebrew. The game looked to have the same menu system as most pinball machines. Not quite sure what is garage about the game, the final assembly is not gonna be in their garage. I'm pretty sure most white woods are gonna look kinda homebrew. I think this is gonna be a fantastic machine.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I got out already. I know a few more people who are leaving as well due to the software. It looks very Home-brew because it is i guess. Hardware is fine. But from what i have played it just seems to garage for me. Potential is there though.

From what you played at expo?

#63 11 years ago

I think the homebrew comment is a good one. Everyone should consider that personally. I thought about it too. I tend to assign it a +(positive) value though, instead of a - (negative). My thinking is perhaps this means that once we get our pins and if a bug is found...skit and team would be able to create a patch and email it out instantly. Or if not a bug patch let's say a feature or performance patch. Out for quick release I hope! No layers of big corporate management (eg, Stern) to delay the process.

Pin #90
Build #70

#64 11 years ago

I was thinking about that, but to me the code does not seem amature. When I see bonus for back-hand shot (and I'm sure there are other details but that is just one example). It seems to me as if this game is well done code wise. I have not played it, but seeing it played it's a lot more coheisve than my XM which Stern 'team of pros' put together and which is a for sale product not a beta test machine.

#65 11 years ago

The only thing "homebrew" about it is that they are taking the time to show us the behind the scenes. It wouldn't look much different if Stern was doing the same.

#66 11 years ago

I do not see ANYTHING negative about the software or ruleset at this stage. Everything seems to be very well thought out and I think one of the stronger aspects thus far. Then again, that is something I am not very good at assessing till I can actually play a game and figure it out myself.

#67 11 years ago

I interpreted, "Homebrew" to mean like non-corporate. Skit will not have 10 programmers to double-triple-quadruple check every compter bit or byte like these big corporations do. Possibly a bug or two sneaks out and us (user base) shares it here and with skit email and a quick patch goes out? In that scenario I am totally ok with that

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Interesting data as we have about 96 of the 250 Predator People here so far

I'd bet 75% of those games are going to guys on Pinside.

#69 11 years ago

Again, being corporate does not mean not having buggy code or features that don't work. Maybe it should mean those things like the machine and code have been tested. But from my experience with Stern and XM it has a lot of big messed up code and features that are not tested like the ramp posts that have to be jury rigged etc..

I would think with a production budget of 'around $1M' that's what Gary Stern said it spends on developing a pin, we would not have a code crisis like we have with XM to the point that some times I want to smash it with a hammer rather than play it.

#70 11 years ago

ooh oooh oooh mistah kottah , we got us a ben yettahism , homebrew pinball saftwarez

#71 11 years ago

I have been in since April 6th 2012 and will be staying in!

Besides the awesome work Kevin, Aaron, and Steve are doing. Matt's toys are gonna be awesome, James' work is looking incredible along with the much anticipated UV.

I am excited that they are adding shaker motor programming to the software after I originally asked abought it.

And how cool is that topper gonna be if they can figure out how to add it without being liable. They mentioned about putting the laser inside the goodie bag for the owner to do what he or she wants.

Chris #4

I still need to come up with something to put on my plaque made of cheese though.

#72 11 years ago

I'd bet 75% of those games are going to guys on Pinside.

I do agree w/ that !! I think i'll Pass on the NIB Predator and wait and see what you All think about it after it's in Yr Garage / Basement / Rec- Area Gameroom .. Used , but Not abused

Pinballer.JPGPinballer.JPG Pinball.gifPinball.gif

#73 11 years ago

Re: Hombrew software. Do you guys think its the animations and DMD thats it giving that feel? Besides type, I dont think Iv seen any animations other than movie clips. I know we all go crazy when Stern makes some good dots, is that what could make Predator seem less homebrew?

#74 11 years ago

Couldn't care less about DMD animations since you rarely look at them (audio cues play a bigger role in pinball), as long as the gameplay is engaging and fun I will be happy.

#75 11 years ago

Yeah for me dmd animations are not that big of a deal. Whats important to me is sound and a kickass light show.

#77 11 years ago

I definitely care about DMD animations. I'd prefer a LCD screen but at this price point I never expected one.

I also don't get the "I never look at them" comments. When your buddy is playing, watching his shots and then checking the DMD is the best way to learn the game.

Still, the one thing I'd change about TRON, which is one of the funnest playing games in years and one of the best-sounding pins of all time, are the DMD graphics. I was playing Getaway the other day and the graphics, while simple, really complement the gameplay.

#78 11 years ago

I like the Tron digitized clips, for me it goes with the game, so different strokes .

#79 11 years ago

OK, then what makes the software feel homebrew if its not the DMD?

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

OK, then what makes the software feel homebrew if its not the DMD?

Nothing?

#81 11 years ago

Predator IS a homebrew, it's 2 dudes in a garage making a game with off the shelf parts. If the end result is a great game, what does it matter that it didn't cost $1 million to develop?

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Predator IS a homebrew, it's 2 dudes in a garage making a game with off the shelf parts. If the end result is a great game, what does it matter that it didn't cost $1 million to develop?

Just because it is homebrew, doesn't mean it looks/plays like it. I think in the end we will be able to compare it against any of the latest Stern offerings. Actually, it already has new features compared to Stern's lineup.

#84 11 years ago

I really really hope mine gets delivered with one of these attached.

homemade.jpghomemade.jpg

#85 11 years ago

I'm gonna have me some fun playing this pin in the comfort of my home.

What I like most about this project is not only the theme (intended for an adult audience) but the team (pinball enthusiasts) attempting to rise up from nothing to produce a pin that emphasizes very polished software upon release and great artwork (hopefully they can pull the UV effect off that would be epic).

#86 11 years ago

Did we ever get an update on the Super-Secret Playfield Bulletproof Coating?

Photographer.gifPhotographer.gif

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I really really hope mine gets delivered with one of these attached.

Hi Blonde What's your number sweety?

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I definitely care about DMD animations. I'd prefer a LCD screen but at this price point I never expected one.
I also don't get the "I never look at them" comments. When your buddy is playing, watching his shots and then checking the DMD is the best way to learn the game.
Still, the one thing I'd change about TRON, which is one of the funnest playing games in years and one of the best-sounding pins of all time, are the DMD graphics. I was playing Getaway the other day and the graphics, while simple, really complement the gameplay.

I see it like mirrors on a car. Yeah, I don't stare at my passenger side mirror while I drive down the street...BUT, it provides valuable information. With experience you learn when and how to glance at it. DMD and LCD from the perspective of the player work on that same principle. A game with good DMD and playfield synergy should provide info at times when completed shots are putting the ball in transit. Just my 2 cents.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Hi Blonde What's your number sweety?

Howdy. My Predator # is 207, pretty sure my production # was at one point 158. From the looks of the poll maybe I will move on up the line.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Howdy. My Predator # is 207, pretty sure my production # was at one point 158. From the looks of the poll maybe I will move on up the line.

For the life of me can't remember who was my neighbor build then. Was thinking it was you and too lazy to backread every post. Someone was near me within 1-3 numbers.

Anyway, all good...as excited as you are. Wish you the best and great photo btw! That is all I can say about that (married 22 years lol

#91 11 years ago

Thanks Pinballdad. I got worried that maybe I frightened everyone away because it got really quiet after I put up the pic.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Thanks Pinballdad. I got wor? ried that maybe I frightened everyone away because it got really quiet after I put up the pic.

It was a great picture but did you remove the first one.

Chris

#93 11 years ago

First one? I havent removed anything, and unless I am mistaked we were talking about my "cowgirl" picture from the other Predator thread, which should still be there. Someone correct me if I am confused. (I am blonde so it sometimes happens.)

#94 11 years ago

Yes the cow girl one I saw but wasn't there one of you, your sister and your husband?

Or is it still there and I am just blind.

#95 11 years ago

That was in another thread to prove I was female and human. Originally posted in the 'post pics of your wives/girlfriends' thread, then recently reposted in the thread I cant remember the name of. Later I was still looking to see if I even had pics of me other than wedding photos, and found that one. I was bored and we were talking ponies, so I posted it.

Edit: It was the "my girlfriend is pissed" thread.

#96 11 years ago

I'm 100% behind Skit-B on the first pin because I think they will be successful in the execution of their pinball dreams and also because of the second pin coming down the road.

#97 11 years ago

How do i preorder this?!

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

How do i preorder this?!

you don't, ship has sailed

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

How do i preorder this?!

You can still put your name on the wait list. Not a great chance, but certainly worth it. Costs nothing and no obligation.

Quoted from Whysnow:

BR> I can't get on the skitB website at work, but just got there and find the email (something like [email protected] ???).
Send then an email and request to be on the waiting list.
As a heads up all of the 250 slots have already been reserved and I beleive deposits have been paid so there is no gaurentee at this point that you will get one. Apparently there is a waitlist of approximately 40 people currently so you would be in cue at 41. If 41 people drop out then you have a shot. Either way, being on the waitlist for a shot is better than nothing and no shot at all or waiting for someone to sell on the secondary market???
Price is $4750 plus you have to pay standard shipping. Still a great deal IMHO.

Send an email to Kevin at skit b.

#100 11 years ago

Blondie...we might need another pic of you for THIS thread to spruce it up...

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-poll/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.