View topic image gallery

predatormaskoff.gif
Photographer.gif
homemade.jpg
Pinball.gif
Pinballer.JPG
predator_spike.gif
predator_zap.gif
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I'm just curious...and this might help the Boys!

predator_zap.gifpredator_zap.gif

#2 11 years ago

I am in, I have even built a secret special place for it in my shop.

#3 11 years ago

Based on what they've said in the past, the next deposit will be on production of your machine, so there isn't much risk left as a pre-order.

The only real variable is how long its going to take.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Based on what they've said in the past, the next deposit will be on production of your machine, so there isn't much risk left as a pre-order.
The only real variable is how long its going to take.

Well said, not to mention we have seen actual game and rule development.

#5 11 years ago

Well, if anyone wants to back out, several of us are waiting in the wings...

#6 11 years ago

I wonder how many people are on the waiting list....

#7 11 years ago

Realistically, I think we are looking at Christmas 2013 before the games are being made for the masses. I am fine with that duration. I would also be fine if they asked for more of a deposit . . . what they are doing they are doing out of love for the hobby, but we all want a quality product and it is hard to believe they are going to make it to the finish line without a little more money from people (which I think would also be wise as it would firmly lock in their buyers).

#8 11 years ago

And, just as an addition, I've never been more excited about a new pin before as I am for Predator. Glad we have an adult theme being made by pinheads for pinheads and I'm in it till the end.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wonder how many people are on the waiting list....

I hope Kevin does not mind me revealing the answer...hmmm...does not seem like it would be a big deal...I hope not anyway. As of a few days ago he told me about 40.

#10 11 years ago

^Even if it's 40ish, I guarantee the number that would buy outside of the 250 would be much higher with no cap on games built (guessing many people who normally would be in didn't make the effort to get on a waitlist because they know that they have a snowball's chance of getting in on Predator now).

Can't wait for the next update though, and I'm all in on this pin.

#11 11 years ago

I am in unless they announce changes. As it stands it is no risk. I am sure at this price point I cannot refuse this title. Doubt I am alone on this.

#12 11 years ago

I'm sort of screwed. I was in and have not received an email to pay. Looking at the accidental blast mail they sent out, they had my email address wrong. I contacted them asking when I can pay quoting my previous email contents with them reserving my number. But they're not responding so I guess I'm out

#13 11 years ago

I'm in for the long haul. There are some things I would like to see change (non of which pertain to the Predator game itself) with the next game once the boys have some experience under their belt.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

But they're not responding so I guess I'm out

Doubt it, they typically don't get to standard emails right away but gave the impression that they weren't just kicking people off the list since they know of the email issues with the mass-emails they sent out. Just keep at it and I'm sure you're good (at least I hope you are! ha)

#15 11 years ago

I'm tempted to make this my first NIB pin in 25 years. I really would like to play it first though. Will it be at California Extreme?

#16 11 years ago

I'm also in the for the long haul. Skit-B has shown me enough to stick with this game.

Marcus
Predator #127

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And, just as an addition, I've never been more excited about a new pin before as I am for Predator. Glad we have an adult theme being made by pinheads for pinheads and I'm in it till the end.

I'm in too. It will be a great pin.
I do not mind the wait - and would not mind spreading the financial effort over several months.

#18 11 years ago

I am in! I am not giving up my pin. I think as soon as they start shipping, lots of people are going to be kicking themselves for not getting in line sooner. They are making 250, no more, and those are all claimed PLUS there are at least 40 people gambling on people dropping out already on the wait list. I dont honestly see how anyone just now finding out about it or 'considering' it has a chance to get one except second hand. That is if the 250 let them go. So I feel really bad for those on the wait list or those that didnt know ahead of time. I emailed last June, had to wait a month to find out I was on the list, and am production #159 as of last count. I think they have all been claimed for a few months now.

#19 11 years ago

I'm in, but the farts are coming out:

#20 11 years ago

drop off a chance of pinball history?

no chance.

#21 11 years ago

I'm staying in, but I'm a little surprised that one third are not totally committed. (I also understand its a select sample size, and the poll changes) I guess I can understand. It would make sense if you're not a diehard to get on the list. Its not a big risk. So if it gets closer you can always bail out.

I think a decent amount of people on the wait list might get in. Especially if it's takes a lot longer than is currently thought. People have been patient so far, but that can change.

#22 11 years ago

I'm sort of screwed. I was in and have not received an email to pay. Looking at the accidental blast mail they sent out, they had my email address wrong. I contacted them asking when I can pay quoting my previous email contents with them reserving my number. But they're not responding so I guess I'm out

I agree with Nibbles. If your name was in, I think you're fine. Claws crossed!

predator_spike.gifpredator_spike.gif

#23 11 years ago

I am in no matter what. Also very patient. But the theme is a "dream theme" for me. And it looks fun to boot. First SkitB pin means it will hold it's place in my collection.

#24 11 years ago

I would like to say I am in for the duration, but in all honesty I will make my final decision once the game is complete, my production # is up, and I have to pay half of the remaining balance.

I have complete faith in SkitB and have no intentions of giving up my game if things continue to progress as they currently are, but I still want to see these guys stay on their A game. For that reasona alone >>"I'll have to see more before making a final decision."

#25 11 years ago

This is my first nib. I'm in, my three boys are in, I pretty sure my wifes in.( She on board). I was at a party last weekend and a pinhead asked if I bought it for an investment. My answer was I bought it to play it. It did make me think tho. Will the Predators creep up? I'm a guy that keeps his stuff. I have a T2 right now that I could never get back all the $ in mods and time, and I could care less. Cause I love the freaking thing.

#26 11 years ago

I'm curious how I will like this pin. The theme for me is 50:50 I could go either way. My main concern, is I am used to pins with lots of toys, magnet tricks and such. Predator is more of a straight shooter without toys. Just 2 VUK and a ramp diverter and a loop diverter. I'm sure it can be great but just not sure if it would be for me.

I think of pins in term of their toys, such as Junk Yard magnet wrecking ball, TZ gum ball machine and powers play field and power ball etc..

I suppose in that context Predator would be noted for its UV paint and hunt mode.

#27 11 years ago

I think the programming will be a game changer for me. I am not a very good player and I love the idea of tracking all of my shots and how good/bad I play. I am hoping it will help me to get better.

#28 11 years ago

I'm a realist, a pragmatist and not given to absolutes. This machine is a dream theme, created via the kind of company for which I love to root and support, it has way cool features that I've seen on no other game, but, there's no way I can say "No matter what" when I'm spending all the spare money I've ever had.

My guess is the very strong probability (90%+) is that things proceed as they have, SkitB keeps up their long precedent of awesomeness, and I complete my purchase. But I'm not someone who can shrug off $500 let alone $5000. I'm deep in the queue and if 50% of the owners ahead of me are reporting production issues and lacking game play there's no way I can commit.

#29 11 years ago

Interesting data as we have about 116 of the 250 Predator People here so far....

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is exactly how I feel. In a time when these pinball manufactures are jacking up prices to insane amounts this little company is gonna give us a pin at almost half the price of a JJ machine with a kickass theme. Im in till the end and sign me up for the next one. I have faith it will be another good theme. Cheers Skit-B

#31 11 years ago

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm curious how I will like this pin. The theme for me is 50:50 I could go either way. My main concern, is I am used to pins with lots of toys, magnet tricks and such. Predator is more of a straight shooter without toys. Just 2 VUK and a ramp diverter and a loop diverter. I'm sure it can be great but just not sure if it would be for me.
I think of pins in term of their toys, such as Junk Yard magnet wrecking ball, TZ gum ball machine and powers play field and power ball etc..
I suppose in that context Predator would be noted for its UV paint and hunt mode.

There are gonna be 2 or 3 toys that interact with the game in some way. Predator claw to grab the ball or throw it off track, swinging bodies I assume in the jungle somewhere and the skull they showed us already. Unless things have changed this is what I read. If this has changed Skit-B hasn't said anything. Also added uv light and paint and a achievements based rule sheet and a bragging rights type scoring when playing against someone. These are things that haven't been in any pin ive played before. Sounds pretty amazing to me.

#33 11 years ago

Post edited by Kcpinballfan : multipost

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

There are gonna be 2 or 3 toys that interact with the game in some way. Predator claw to grab the ball or throw it off track, swinging bodies I assume in the jungle somewhere and the skull they showed us already. Unless things have changed this is what I read. If this has changed Skit-B hasn't said anything. Also added uv light and paint and a achievements based rule sheet and a bragging rights type scoring when playing against someone. These are things that haven't been in any pin ive played before. Sounds pretty amazing to me.

I was not sure about any toy interaction, I was assuming the skull and swinging bodies were just props, that is for looks. I'm trying to imagine where the toys will be placed.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was not sure about any toy interaction, I was assuming the skull and swinging bodies were just props, that is for looks. I'm trying to imagine where the toys will be placed.

Skit-B said in their first thread that no toys would be added to the game unless they interact in some way.

#36 11 years ago

I'm Not in on this Pin , But I think I Should be !! The Movies are Kick-Azz -- and Thanxx for the Clip above PinB ,, F'n Funny ..

#37 11 years ago

Wait a second, Predator has ACHIEVEMENTS?! OMG That's awesome! Not sure how I missed that.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm Not in on this Pin , But I think I Should be !! The Movies are Kick-Azz -- and Thanxx for the Clip above PinB ,, F'n Funny ..

Absolutely BR, you should get in on the waiting list. There are gonna be people that drop out, life happens and you don't know what may arise around release time.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Wait a second, Predator has ACHIEVEMENTS?! OMG That's awesome! Not sure how I missed that.

Sure do, if you watch the video from 2 or 3 videos ago you can see them scrolling through a sh*t ton of them.

#40 11 years ago

That's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure Predator will have internet access right? Will we be able to look at our profiles online (and our achievements)?

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure Predator will have internet access right? Will we be able to look at our profiles online (and our achievements)?

That I'm not sure of. Maybe someone else out there can answer that question.

#42 11 years ago

I wouldn't expect it at release, but maybe at some point? It seems like the ability is there. It'd be cool to have an online database where we can compare our stats/scores.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Absolutely BR, you should get in on the waiting list. There are gonna be people that drop out, life happens and you don't know what may arise around release time.

Convince me to do so ,, Someone Post a Recent video and Pict- of the Predator .. I may Jump !!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Convince me to do so ,, Someone Post a Recent video and Pict- of the Predator .. I may Jump !!

http://www.skitbpinball.com/

You can convince yourself.

#45 11 years ago

Is the claw likely to be similar to the one in freddy pin do you's think?

#46 11 years ago

Simple lay-out , Led's from CoinTaker , Futuristic board's ,, Sound's Like a Winner

I think I'll Hold my tater's just a bit Longer ... Thanxx for the Link...

#47 11 years ago

I can not think of a better reason for you to get on the waiting list BR... besides... if you want to ever have this game in the garage your best chance will be to get on the waiting list now.

There is ZERO $ commitment to get on the waiting list. You can ask to be on now and IF your name even comes up, you can decide at that time if you want to plunk down a whopping $250 deposit.

What else do you need to know?

It is a simple question at this point. Is there ANY chance that I will want to own a NIB Predator game for $4750? If the answer is yes, then send off an email and get on the list...

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That would be pretty sweet, especially if you can compare to all other players who have it connected.

#49 11 years ago

I'm in it till I get to the choppa!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

That would be pretty sweet, especially if you can compare to all other players who have it connected.

I don't think it will have connectivity for stats. Maybe for updates? Everyone sets their games up a little bit different.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.