stirring-the-pot.jpg
pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks Kevin, have not got a chance to see it yet but this is exactly what I was waiting for.

Hope you are doing well.

#54 9 years ago

Kevin, you're such a liar. You said you were not a good player. You are an excellent player and that gameplay video was outstanding. The game plays fast and furious. I am just curious why so many other videos I saw made the game appear lackluster.

I was one of your biggest doubters (I take it back) the game looks fantastic. Looking forward to this game, need to sell a pin.

#57 9 years ago

I know you pride yourself on the rules and this game on having complete rules out of the box, but is there any plans for additional rules at some point. I know we bag on Stern for making us wait, but sometimes it's nice to have an additional mode or feature to look forward to.

Nice to see insane scores, does it count up to and over 10Billion? (not that I'd ever get there LOL, just out of curiosity).

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Hmm was pretty resigned to giving up my spot prior to this video, and I haven't gotten a chance to watch the whole thing yet, but I'm seriously considering staying back in now...

me too.

I'm sorry but seeing some over the shoulder video at some conventions where the player made not one ramp or loop. Then seeing this video was like night and day.

Also, since we lost the old game footages it was hard to recall what an actual gameplay on the game looked like.

#61 9 years ago

OK, I'm dumb, what exactly are the lock targets used for? Locks (OK) that's at the claw(?) can or can the ball be locked at one of the holes also? and the balls are locked for what? I mean when you lock so many balls will a multi-ball start (which one)?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Having a "complete" ruleset from the start does not prevent adding new features later on... I am sure some of us will come up with interesting new ideas.

so that means what? someone could add to the game like add another mystery award (mode), change the scoring, change the entire game rules?

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Looks like balls can be locked at the claw or the right eject.

OK but which multi-ball?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Question:
Are there 4 flipper buttons or 3?

4 flipper buttons:
2 normal flipper buttons and
2 additional for the hunt selection.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Kevin calls this the 'base multi-ball' mode in the video. Around 6 minutes in the video.

dug these rules from the older thread, here are the regular Multi-balls:

Quick Multiball:
- Awarded from Mystery
- Two ball
- Stackable
- All major shots score 10M apiece

Standard Multiball:
- Achieved by lighting and activating ball locks.
- Three ball
- Stackable
- Ramps and loops score jackpots of 25M once apiece. When all jackpots are cleared, Jungle Hole lights for 100M Super Jackpot. After Super is achieved, lower right eject will relight jackpots.

Hunt Multiball:
- Activates upon fourth successful Hunt shot.
- Stackable
- Three ball
- Single shot lights for 40M. After 5 seconds, another shot is added, but value of those shots drops to 30M. After another 5 seconds, another shot is added and drops the value by 10M again. This process continues until 4 shots are lit and the value bottoms out at 10M. Process starts over when a lit shot is made.

#74 9 years ago

This will be a LOL for me, when my 'good games' on my other pins are like 90,000,000 points, maybe 100M and here we have 100M super jackpot on a 'standard' multiball.

I love the rules as far as I can understand them, will really help in the home setting to fool around with various modes to achieve the biggest scores.

#81 9 years ago

I assume you can adjust the sound, voices seemed too quiet vs the music/sound effects.

#82 9 years ago

Not sure I understand Runaway mode, why do the points count up on the second loop?

#84 9 years ago

In case you all wanted to see the rules in written form Kevin gave them near the top and middle of this page :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/125

#99 9 years ago

Do you have any pics of the UV lights (I mean the actual light or light tube)? Any high res pics at all of the game would be nice.

I don't see a problem with the plastics, except the bottom clear plastics which I think looks incomplete.

#107 9 years ago

Didn't recall if there are any combo awards?

IMO the super skill shot (?) being able to hit any major shot for 20M points seems fairly ridiculous. I mean it would make more sense to be 5M for *any* shot and 20M (big points) for hitting a *flashing shot*. Respectfully this should be changed (IMO).

I was curious about the center lock targets, trying to follow how they work. I mean do you need to hit both to score a lock or one will one target twice also score a lock? Also how does the lights work? Hitting them light the lock hitting them again causes them to un-light? What does that mean? Would it make more sense to be they are lit and when you hit them they un-light so you know where you stand? Once you hit each target (they are both unlit, then they could relight solid to show you are able to qualify the lock again)? I am just puzzled by what is being shown if the lights are lit or not lit.

Also, does the qualification requirements increase as you repeat the locks?

If you don't complete a mode, does it just go dark again? if you have completed a mode, can you replay it or do you just toggle between the un-played (or un-finished) modes?

#115 9 years ago

So, in the final "showdown" video, the game was totally dark. Maybe that did not have the UV light active during that mode?

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

Showdown was in pitch black but the overhead camera wouldn't pick up the UV. Kevin had to use a different one for the cut scenes in between the gameplay segments.

Is UV light active during showdown?

#162 9 years ago

That claw is bad ass.

#165 9 years ago

Stop the car, what's up with UV anyway? Should be infra-red. What's up with that?

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

You can't see infra-red. It's beyond the spectrum of light the human eye is capable of seeing.

Need this mod to play.

.image-653.jpgimage-653.jpg

#182 9 years ago

Was curious, if the only time you hear the quote "if if bleeds we can kill it" is at the start of the Showdown?

Can we adjust the quote volume as to me, they sound too quite in relation to the background music and sound effects.

Is there any combo awards?

Is there a progression or greater number of shots to restart something like standard mulitball?

What happens of you start but don't complete a mode?

Once a mode is completed can it be replayed?

Are the modes timed?

#186 9 years ago

So, you just have to start all the modes to get to Showdown, that's cool will be more attainable. Once you start a mode it is lit solid?

1 week later
#206 9 years ago

I can not figure out the center target light lit or unlit does lit mean hit it or does it mean it has been hit?

#219 9 years ago

this is BS

We were told "half at time of build". I'm not a math major but I know half of 4750 is not 3000.

Also unless they are building 250 games at a time, I can't see how I need to pay in advance unless they are physically building my game which is number 147 in the production order.

#220 9 years ago

On Nov 18, 2012, at 7:32 AM, "Kevin Kulek" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> As we push closer to production and our waitlist grows larger by the day, we have reached the point in the project where deposits have become necessary to continue. While the "half at time of build and half at delivery" system still hasn't changed, we will be requesting a small holding deposit in the amount of $250 USD.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

Still emailing Kevin every day and Still and waiting for my refund. No response has got me worried for everyone here.

this is so bad, but with the new deadline you probably need to back out anyway. I'd post it on for sale since you could sell it for cash.

No law against that, Kevin is re-writing the rules so can you.

#282 9 years ago

cmproductions needs the refund for his sick child, that's kind of a big deal.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm pretty tired of all the snide jibs at people bowing out implying they haven't got the financial fortitude to pony up. My pinball fund is about twice what I planned it to be upon this product's completion. However, as it's dragged on, its rather niche market has been joined with more competition. As in, there is some now. If it was ready to ship a year ago I'd have a different, much less complicated, decision process to muddle through.
If I decide against this machine it won't be because I can't swing it.

Exactly, also I was never able to play this game prototype or final production version, I went to Allentown it was not there. It was my assumption from the initial project model that say 25-50 games would be built and shipped and so on. If we were in the middle of the build order we could possibly see the game. No one in the universe has played the game besides Kevin. I mean the actual game we are buying not a prototype. No one can verify if the UV paint is visible. There is now other possibilities such as IM or Metallica for the exact same money with the full backing of Stern.

I am also fed up with this whole notion if we don't say anything good about Predator we should just exit the project. The terms have changed by Kevin on a 2 week notice. That's kind of sudden, pay more than half in 2 weeks or you are out of the project. I'm sure it's fine Kevin can make the rules but it's also fine if I say that's changing the rules and not very fair to the buyers. The old system had more safeguards to the tail end people what if Kevin runs out of money after 200 games? Not saying he will but there is a risk to pay especially if you are not getting a game until January but have to pay more than half in June.

#409 9 years ago

Guys,

I also got my refund so there will be one more happy former wait lister.

Kevin is doing his best, and I hope the best of luck to him and all Predator owners. Anyone gets one around mid Maryland feel free to invite me over to gloat provided I can play the game!

I might have been public enemy number 1 on this thread, don't know why. If someone criticizes something it might be because they care about it, and want it to succeed, not because they want it to fail. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have been vocal at all.

And I told Kevin this, and will say it here, I dropped out of Predator, I dropped out of WoZ and I dropped out of MMR so his game is in good company.

Predator was in gestation for 2-3 years or will be 3 years when said and done. I happened to be thinking, hope Stern reruns Iron Man, I started a thread about it a month ago, I didn't know anything about Stern actually doing a re-run of IM but the timing was hand in hand with the Predator deadline and I believe Predator will be completed and will be great, but I know IM will be completed and great and I like IM theme better, I'm a Marvel geek and Iron Man has the toys I like in pins such as magnets, kick backs etc,,,

I hope Skit-B becomes a great success (I am sure he will) and that I am able to get in on maybe a project I am more interested in than Predator.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Rai, enjoy your IM. Glad your dream pin became available again.

Imagine how nightmarish it must be for boutique companies to deal with multiple dropouts - especially when starting production at a time when time is precious and money needed!
I would support a system in which at least part of a deposit is non refundable (not talking simply of paypal charges - say half of $500). May be then people would buy a spot for any game *after* asking the right questions. Risk should be shared between the pin maker and their potential customers.

If you want a non-refundable system go for it, MMR and WoZ and Skit-B have open door policy or full refunds, you don't like it that's your problem.

In fact PPS specifically said feel free to drop out any time up to a certain cut off date, and Jack would have sold more pins if he was more timely on his delivery dates.

1 week later
#447 9 years ago

Best luck to all still in, and all the wait lister's who will make it in!

I had to pull out due to IM remake but will be keeping an eye on this one, hope Ted is still in I'd like to play his Predator some day soon.

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks man! I will always be there for Kevin...he knows that.

lots of people dropping out, I was hoping not you Ted!!

I am sure Kevin will have replacement buyers waiting in the wings.

3 weeks later
#713 9 years ago

Good luck to any still in, I would hope with all this up-front money the games will be shipping very soon.

3 months later
#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hello Ted,
The Predator license is intact, as it has always been. NOTHING has been compromised what-so-ever. We apologize if your confidence has been shaken due to rumors. Everything, license included, is in order and production is underway. I sincerely hope that this has answered your question.
Thank you,

I thought you were out?

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In this thread, 5 months ago. Video gone and pmt plan changed. His words, "a few short months"

#1227 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You basically threatened to cancel and they called the bluff.

pull out.pngpull out.png

#1233 9 years ago

train.pngtrain.png

#1256 9 years ago

image-732.jpgimage-732.jpg

#1257 9 years ago

image-673.jpgimage-673.jpg

#1343 9 years ago

Don't forget, Kevin actually recieved donations here on Pinside. I think it's 1000% hurting his credibility by removing all past videos.

I am no longer on the project, I gave up when he changed his payment model which I think was bush league, and when he showed a 'complete' video which was 8+ months ago and which to me was not complete. And in fact that game was not 'complete' as he's changed the plastics, changed the UV light source, changed the stand-up targets etc..

Don't go saying 'this is a complete game' when it's not and then change the payment schedule and lead people to believe the game will be done shortly and expect me to not call you on it.

That said, I hope it's a great pin and all the owners are happy, I'd love to play it once it's 'complete'.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete

<this video does not exist>

I think that says a lot about Skit-B.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.