stirring-the-pot.jpg
pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jedidentist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#207 9 years ago

At this point, why not just wait until you get the game? Does it really matter?

#222 9 years ago

To me, I think they had planned on getting a crew of 5-6 guys to bang these out over a few months. Now that he's done the cost analysis, it's likely more cost effective (and cost necessary to keep the price point) to get more people hired in an assembly line fashion and get them done more quickly. This requires more up-front money. Is $3000 more than the $2500...sure. That much more? No. It's obvious from his wording that assembly costs are more than expected, so in order to keep the original price point, then we have to pay an extra couple of hundred bucks up front to keep it that way. So what's the better scenario...paying a little more up front to get your game sooner, and at the original price...or paying a little less now, taking longer to get your game, and end up paying more in the end from higher labor costs. I already have a feeling that Kevin's probably going to end up underwater on this game, so I'm not going to ask him to eat more of the costs. We've all been well aware of the game cost and we should all have our money saved and set aside. Remember that the original production date was supposed to be April, so if they were true to that schedule, we would all have to be paid up by now. If you're still concerned that he's actually going to deliver, then pay by Paypal with your credit card...you'll be doubly covered if there's no delivery. If you're still waiting for everyone's "impression", then just move the heck out of the way because there's so much more information about this game than any Stern release. $&!? or get off the pot.

#338 9 years ago

Sent my remaining $2750 this morning. I'm way down the list in the low 210s or 220s by now, so we'll see what happens. I paid via Paypal via my credit card and immediately paid the credit card charge from my online bank account. So, if something goes wrong, then I've got Paypal and then Chase to cover me. Not that I'm at all worried...

#403 9 years ago

For what it's worth. I got a separate email from Kevin confirming receipt of my $3000 deposit/1st installment. He's out there and not AWOL...not that I had any doubts.

#407 9 years ago

I think the refunds will start coming with the influx of the rest of our payments.

1 month later
#743 9 years ago

Random question...does anyone around here assigned to machine #138? Not production number, but machine number. I'm #137 and would love to switch numbers if it didn't matter.

1 week later
#761 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well...I finally broke down and bought a 3D HDTV! The FIRST movie? Predator 3D. Wow! Fantastic job! It was like watching it for the first time! Great! 2 Mandibles UP!

I bought it for $9.99 at Best Buy...I have a 3D projector. I haven't watched it in its entirety, but the few minutes I was testing it out, it looked like a pretty good conversion.

2 months later
#1093 9 years ago

Got some info that made me very happy yesterday...not that I was worried. The games are being made right now, as everyone is bitching and moaning. Go enjoy Halloween...forget this thread for now. Personally, I'm going to enjoy mine by stripping down my IJ playfield and waiting for my kids to come home for trick or treating!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jedidentist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide?tu=Jedidentist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.