pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 9 years ago

It's great that some of the logjammers/naysayers/time wasters are going to get the F out. I just read on another thread of one douche finally bailing out. Amen

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

It's great that some of the logjammers/naysayers/time wasters are going to get the F out. I just read on another thread of one douche finally bailing out. Amen

hopefully he will stay out of the Pred threads

I am still 100% in, just asking for a little more communication and think it is warranted. I completely understand the need for capital now that things are ready to be built. Common in any business plan where you pay up front is a rough promise of when product will be delivered.

#253 9 years ago

In a world of cars, super hero's, old bands and 90s bad humour pins what a breath of fresh air. After seeing the video I'm ready to pay in full and don't mind waiting at all to have Predator pinball in my home. Greatness

#254 9 years ago

I am personally hoping to have my machine before the weekend of Sept 12 so I can share it at Mad Rollin Pinball!

#255 9 years ago

I cannot think of a single game manufacturer that has been more open and transparent every step of the way than Kevin and SkitB. I'm comfortable with "a few short months" based on past behavior.

Next game I suggest that SkitB ask for $1000.00 down with incremental payments like many of the other company's have done. $250 is too cheap and anybody can be a player.

Hard to believe some of you guys are waffling at such a late date. Especially when you knew this day was coming.

Kim

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I actually like this Skitb strategy now. Sharks got teeth Kevin! Nice. Feels more....businesslike. Less trying to please everyone.

Pretty excited to see so many supportive posts in this nature. This was obviously a very difficult trigger to pull, so this will definitely help keep us all focused on the task at hand without having so much added stress about, like you said, trying to please everyone.

Quoted from Whysnow:

All I am expecting is to communicate the plan. If that plan is 10 games per month and it will take 25 month, that is cool. Just lay it out there for us to know.

Since this is an open forum, I can be much less "business-like" here and share a bit more about this. As stated in the email, there are a ton of factors that have to line up, so it will be a dynamic process whether we like it or not, but we definitely do have a realistic plan in place. I will be as candid as possible with said plan below.

The plan is to get rolling out at 10 games per week, which still falls in with the initial statement of about 40 per month. Of course, it will likely take 2~3 weeks after we get all of our parts in-house to get everyone trained and everything set up and get up to that speed. We're looking at between 8-12 weeks for the remainder of the production parts to be manufactured, and we'll be getting those last balls rolling around the first of July, just after the June 28th deadline. Calculating all of these factors together and adding a little "safety fluff" for unforeseen issues, we're looking at a reasonable schedule that will have games out the door between the first week of September at the earliest and the last week of October at the latest. At a rate of 10 per week, that would give us exactly 25 weeks to finish everything up. Using those start dates mentioned above, that would place the very last games going out between the end of February and the beginning of April. This is where I would normally say that if we can do more than that we will, but I don't want to set any false standards. After hundreds of hours of communication with all involved, these dates coincide with the likeliest scenario, at this point.

Of course, this is all dependent on the deadline set in the email. Let me be very clear about this just this once, so I don't feel so oppressive when the time comes to either have to say it again or enforce it: THIS IS A HARD DEADLINE. When that date comes, if a buyer has not reached the stated goal a refund will be sent and a waitlister will be contacted to take their spot.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Of course, this is all dependent on the deadline set in the email. Let me be very clear about this just this once, so I don't feel so oppressive when the time comes to either have to say it again or enforce it: THIS IS A HARD DEADLINE. When that date comes, if a buyer has not reached the stated goal a refund will be sent and a waitlister will be contacted to take their spot.

Copying this and pasting it again. You cannot get any more clarity than this.

Thanks Kevin for laying out a projected timeline for the build. Best of luck to you and the SkitB Team!

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I just read on another thread of one douche finally bailing out.

Quoted from Whysnow:

hopefully he will stay out of the Pred threads

GLWT. From my perspective, pinside has not had a good record in these situations! ;P

#259 9 years ago

Kevin could you give us a production order update after the hard deadline has passed. I would be nice to know if we moved up in the production order. Also It would be nice to have a reciept for those that have paid in full.

thanks,

#260 9 years ago

Hard deadlines are sexy.

Kim

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

would be nice to know if we moved up in the production order

I'm a little curious as well where we are sitting Either way, I'm totally looking forward to this pin being in my house.

#262 9 years ago

Is every pre order owner getting the email for payment? I have not received anything yet.

#263 9 years ago

I think everyone should be getting the email.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hard deadlines are sexy.

Unless you're between jobs all of a sudden & now have to seriously consider pulling out. My situation is not SkitB's fault of course ... just awful timing. This new policy is terrible news for yours truly.
I was hoping to pay half when my number came up later in the summer, then the other half when it was ready, as originally stated. Oh well, some things are obviously more important than my grail theme. Still, this is an extremely HUGE bummer for me.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Unless you're between jobs all of a sudden & now have to seriously consider pulling out. My situation is not SkitB's fault of course ... just awful timing. This new policy is terrible news for yours truly.
I was hoping to pay half when my number came up later in the summer, then the other half when it was ready, as originally stated. Oh well, some things are obviously more important than my grail theme. Still, this is an extremely HUGE bummer for me.

Sorry to hear that, dude. Maybe you could sell another pin to raise the funds? There's still time.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I'm very sorry to hear that as I've had the rug yanked out from under me a time or two also.
I hope your situation improves and quickly. Best wishes to you.

Kim

#267 9 years ago

Thanks for the response Kevin. All I needed.

Payment will be sent later today after I get confirmation from the email (personal order question) I sent you earlier.

thanks and SUPER pumped that we are a step closer to reality.

For those on the fence, now is the time.
If you don't want in, then get out of the way so other waitlisters can get in ASAP. Please, no need to wait for the June 18th deadline. Make your payment now and lets get things moving!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sorry to hear that, dude. Maybe you could sell another pin to raise the funds? There's still time.

I could, but it'd be multiple pins if I'm to be truly comfortable about the situation. Jungle Princess is a keeper and I really dig my sys11's.
Nostalgia wins.
Thanks anyway NorCalRealtor. I've always admired your avatar. Andre was something special.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm very sorry to hear that as I've had the rug yanked out from under me a time or two also.
I hope your situation improves and quickly. Best wishes to you.

Thanks Kim. I have a job offer, but it involves moving. Not a good time to drop 3k on vaporware.

#270 9 years ago

Taxi could probably get you a good part of the way towards the additional 2750 due now?

Contact Kevin offline. He is a reasonable dude and may be able to make 1 off accomidations given the bad timing?

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Taxi could probably get you a good part of the way towards the additional 2750 due now?

That game is a keeper for me too.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Contact Kevin offline. He is a reasonable dude and may be able to make 1 off accomidations given the bad timing?

I thought of that, but it seems unreasonable for me to expect him to accommodate my bad luck? And what if I'm still unable to pay for the game later? He's trying to run a business after all. I have a couple of weeks to think it over but I'll most likely pass this game on to a wait-lister. Sucks, but I'll live.

#272 9 years ago

Still emailing Kevin every day and Still and waiting for my refund. No response has got me worried for everyone here.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

No response has got me worried for everyone here.

You can stop worrying about me. I will be ok no matter what happens. Thanks!

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You can stop worrying about me. I will be ok no matter what happens. Thanks!

Ditto!

Still emailing Kevin every day and Still and waiting for my refund. No response has got me worried for everyone here.

Are you still trying to keep your spot? I would imagine that might complicate a return based on the new deadline.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please, no need to wait for the June 18th deadline. Make your payment now and lets get things moving!

Deadline is actually June 28th

#276 9 years ago

Hmmm, cancelled MMr yesterday, watched video again, gotta say this might have the coolest sounds and callouts of any pin out there imho, and the play field artwork, which I didn't really like initially, looks fantastic populated.

Gotta watch Predator the movie again, great theme, and need to do some thinking (tough for me!) before the 28th. Being towards the back of the production line has to be a factor.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, cancelled MMr yesterday, watched video again, gotta say this might have the coolest sounds and callouts of any pin out there imho, and the play field artwork, which I didn't really like initially, looks fantastic populated.
Gotta watch Predator the movie again, great theme, and need to do some thinking (tough for me!) before the 28th. Being towards the back of the production line has to be a factor.

The last video sold it for me I think it looks and sounds great. Wish I had the opportunity to play if first but I really think I'll dig this pin with it's adult theme and call outs. Come on ice pull the trigger until it goes click.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The last video sold it for me I think it looks and sounds great. Wish I had the opportunity to play if first but I really think I'll dig this pin with it's adult theme and call outs. Come on ice pull the trigger until it goes click.

Leaning that way Dude, even my wife thought it sounded and looked really cool, I think Kevin has just done a great job of integrating the theme and callouts. What to do, can I stand another wait?

I guess if it sticks to March/April that's not too bad…..

#279 9 years ago

It seems from the latest video that the game has no flashers, and no real light show. Are my eyes missing something?

#280 9 years ago

this is so bad, but with the new deadline you probably need to back out anyway. I'd post it on for sale since you could sell it for cash.

No law against that, Kevin is re-writing the rules so can you.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is so bad, but with the new deadline you probably need to back out anyway. I'd post it on for sale since you could sell it for cash.

Rai, please just exit kindly. You know that it would not be feasible to sell a spot and the producers have asked you not to do it. You are supposedly happy with your decision to finally bail and get IM, so just leave it at that and do all of us that are still in and excited a favor and shut it down.

I am sure Kevin will get back to him and refund his deposit. unfortunately personal communication is not skitB stong point. Heck, I emailed a few weeks ago trying to figure out my current production # and how to SEND them more money and have not gotten a response.

#282 9 years ago

cmproductions needs the refund for his sick child, that's kind of a big deal.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

C'mon man. Skitb isn't rewriting anything. We were told months ago about the upcoming first half payment and over a year ago to start paying. I'm sure Kevin isn't bogarting anyone's two fiddy.

Project is exciting now. I'm so sorry for all of you bro's who can't do the final payage.
Especially those of you who were excited since this project started. /

#284 9 years ago

This has been going on for nearly 2 years now. Why are some people suddenly panicking about paying? 2 years to get it sorted.

Say....$200 a month in the Predator savings pot?

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

cmproductions needs the refund for his sick child, that's kind of a big deal.

You instructed him to do something that Skit-B is not allowing in regards to pre-orders. Sure, he could sell his spot, but then whoever buys it will get screwed since Skit-B wouldn't honor the transfer.

Any money that has been paid into Predator at this point has likely gone towards supplies and parts. This why Kevin said that if you want to back out, your refund would be processed as soon as the next wait lister paid their deposit. It could be something as simple as Skit-B just not having the cash on hand to process a refund. This can tend to be the case for lots of startups. I just don't see Kevin intentionally screwing him over. But you Rai, you automatically jump to the worst possible scenario, and are incapable of seeing things from someone else's point of view.

I will join Whysnow in asking you nicely to just leave the Predator threads now that you have an IM re-release to fawn over and compare non-production pins to. There was a LOTR / Hobbit comparison thread started a while back. I think you might like that one.

EDIT: cmproductions - I really hope everything gets ironed out for you in time. I honestly do not think Kevin is doing this on purpose. He may have processed the refund but something messed up and he just isn't aware of it.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It seems from the latest video that the game has no flashers, and no real light show. Are my eyes missing something?

Yes you are but there doesn't appear to be many flashers. Look at 25 minutes 25 seconds. There are two flashers one on left and one to right of the characters on the playfield. Also one above the pops to the left in the jungle plastic can be seen around 27 minutes 10 seconds. Will be easy to add additional flasher lighting if needed for effect.

Light show is made up primarily of the UV and it's affect also lights at beginning and during showdown wizard mode look pretty bad ass IMO (at 30 minutes in video).

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

I will join Whysnow in asking you nicely to just leave the Predator threads

Please Rai...just do.

#289 9 years ago

At the risk of being vilified, called a douche, or told to <edited> off as is apropos here, the Stern Iron Man release does throw another log on my decision bonfire. :-/ Iron Man is my best friend's favorite game in the world, my youngest son's favorite theme in the world, has no eviscerations / executions on the DMD, etc...

I'm actually glad to have the time table rearranged by SkitB as it pushes this decision to a head. Looks like it's coming down to something I really want (Predator) vs. something much more appropriate for, and very much more wanted by, my family (Most Haunted / Iron Man).

Post edited by moderator: Profanity.

#290 9 years ago

Navajas bowing out of Predator? Now I've seen it all...

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yes you are but there doesn't appear to be many flashers. Look at 25 minutes 25 seconds. There are two flashers one on left and one to right of the characters on the playfield. Also one above the pops to the left in the jungle plastic can be seen around 27 minutes 10 seconds. Will be easy to add additional flasher lighting if needed for effect.
Light show is made up primarily of the UV and it's affect also lights at beginning and during showdown wizard mode look pretty bad ass IMO (at 30 minutes in video).

Thanks, Dude!

#292 9 years ago

I know of atleast 3 guys in Madison alone hoping and wishing they get the email to take over a spot. I am happy for them that the timetable has been set.

Hope this gets games into the hands that really want them. I think reality has also set in for those buying to flip that Predator is not going to leave you much meat on the bone, esp when you factor in the time your money could be working for you elsewhere.

#293 9 years ago

This looks like the end of the line for me, as well. I was expecting to be able to see games in the hands of owners and see how production was being handled before buying in. Up until now, I expected i still had many months before having to make a final decision. Not only am I caught off guard here financially, but after Louisville, I can't say I would feel comfortable shelling out at this point. This game could end up being amazing, but I am not willing to bet a big game from my collection on it. It's been a fun 2.5 years, kids!

Brian

#294 9 years ago

Pretty embarassing what's going on here, really. Guys posting uncountable Spam-posts in several Predator Threads playing big king and now when it is getting concrete don't feel any shame at all saying Good Bye I am out because I have to Take Money in my Hand or wanting to others take risks. This is a really bad attitude in my opinion

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Pretty embarassing what's going on here, really. Guys posting uncountable Spam-posts in several Predator Threads playing big king and now when it is getting concrete don't feel any shame at all saying Good Bye I am out because I have to Take Money in my Hand or wanting to others take risks. This is a really bad attitude in my opinion

This wasn't unexpected. Good percentage in any expensive luxury item purchase tend to lose interest and decline payments.

That's fine. But bad mouthing or insulting the product and/or ignoring payment is not acceptable to me. So far I think it's been civil.

#296 9 years ago

My only real complaint with the change in policy is the 2 week time frame.

I think a more acceptable window would have been 30 days. Giving everyone a hard date with less than ample (30 days minimum) notice is a poor business decision in my opinion. While I am not personally affected, I do know a handful of pinball collectors who are going to have to drop out due to the Hard Date. People who are paid on the 30th or 1st are now going to miss out on Predator because they cannot get the money by the 28th.

These same people want the game, but will have to bow out due to timing. I don't like Kevin's decision, but I will make my payment on time. But it still sucks that people who don't get paid weekly, or even bi-weekly, made other spending choices in early June that affected their ability to pay for Predator in later June due to the late notice from Skit-B.

Of course people will always second guess those people, but not everyone saved for the game. Some people have enough extra income per pay period to cover the deposit, but due to the timing will not be given the opportunity based on their pay frequency.

Kevin's Hard date was expected. But having only two weeks to meet it sucks for pinball collectors who were totally committed to Predator but were not expecting the hard date to come with only two weeks to meet it.

In my opinion, and 100% conjecture, Kevin knew of his June 28, 2014 Hard Date back in May. He should have bit the bullet and simply made the announcement in May so the people who believed in his vision and supported it with their deposit could have at least 30 days to work out the finances for meeting the deadline.

Marcus

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My only real complaint with the change in policy is the 2 week time frame.
I think a more acceptable window would have been 30 days. Giving everyone a hard date with less than ample (30 days minimum) notice is a poor business decision in my opinion. While I am not personally affected, I do know a handful of pinball collectors who are going to have to drop out due to the Hard Date. People who are paid on the 30th or 1st are now going to miss out on Predator because they cannot get the money by the 28th.
These same people want the game, but will have to bow out due to timing. I don't like Kevin's decision, but I will make my payment on time. But it still sucks that people who don't get paid weekly, or even bi-weekly, made other spending choices in early June that affected their ability to pay for Predator in later June due to the late notice from Skit-B.
Of course people will always second guess those people, but not everyone saved for the game. Some people have enough extra income per pay period to cover the deposit, but due to the timing will not be given the opportunity based on their pay frequency.
Kevin's Hard date was expected. But having only two weeks to meet it sucks for pinball collectors who were totally committed to Predator but were not expecting the hard date to come with only two weeks to meet it.
In my opinion, and 100% conjecture, Kevin knew of his June 28, 2014 Hard Date back in May. He should have bit the bullet and simply made the announcement in May so the people who believed in his vision and supported it with their deposit could have at least 30 days to work out the finances for meeting the deadline.
Marcus

Sorry Marcus, I hate to differ with people I enjoy.

While I know life can interfere and some have valid reasons for dropping out, I gotta disagree with your comment.

With 2.5 years to prepare it's hard for me to believe that serious people didn't set aside some money. Especially as we all watched the documented final progression the last 6 months or so.

You believe an extra two weeks will allow them to come up with $2750.00. I don't. That's an entire months paycheck for many people and probably more than most. From that they still have to pay rent/mortgage and whatnot. More importantly to your argument, why are people buying pinball machines at all if they're living paycheck to paycheck?

4 weeks notice instead of two wouldn't make one bit of difference to people that are incapable of long or even moderate range planing. - I will forgo my rant about the real reason for the 2008 financial meltdown.

I hope you're well Marcus.

Note to readers: My thumbs down icon is the one on the left.

Kim

Post edited by Mr68: Dollar amount corrected

#298 9 years ago

One word comes to mind in describing pinheads….."fickle"…….

And when $$$ starts changing hands it becomes a hyper fickle mentality, nothing wrong with that...

#299 9 years ago

I never doubted all along that Kevin would have to change up the payment plan in order to get these things built. The original idea of 1/2 down and the other 1/2 when your pin was ready to ship, wasn't ever gonna float.

The guys at the end of the production line could take a wait and see approach, is the pin working, is it any good, etc……now the guys at the end of the line have to be worried about their $$$ going to build the front of the line pins and they never make it to the back….not that it will happen, just saying a concern for some as mentioned above…

Kevin had to realize the benefits of purchasing in bulk quantity to make this thing happen, thus the need for capital…

Either way, in or out, right or wrong, people should be happy with their own decisions and not worry about what everybody else thinks

#300 9 years ago

My family lives off 1 income and I have spent ~40% of my net on wife's education that past 4 years, but I still managed to squirrel away the $2750 needed to pay my deposit by 28 June. Just wanted to point out that it can be done. 2 weeks is short but I picked up my saving a little while back when reality set in that I woudl need to pay soon.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.