Topic Stats

• 1,373 posts
  • 175 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 98 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 12.04.03 PM.png
predator-turkey-hunting.jpg
pred1.jpg
image.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
image-293.jpg
image-673.jpg
image-732.jpg
stirring-the-pot.jpg
pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1373 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 5 years ago

So, I have a question on the skill shot. Is there a skill shot?

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

People can say they don't want to see anyone lose money but guess what, we're already committed. It's long past time to state any dire warnings. If Skit B folds we buyers are the ones that lose, not the guys coming up with and pushing these "theories".
So, I see anything that derails SkitB, diverts their resources or hurts their morale as not only putting my investment at even greater risk, but also making Kevin's job more difficult.

I definitely don't want to see anyone lose money, and haven't been spreading any theories in this thread (other than my theory that Whysnow is schizophrenic with his "If MMr, demand a refund"/"If Predator, no refund for you" proclamations). I get that it must be a drag for small producers in many ways to have to deal with internet forums and everything else that comes along with the internet. But to your last point, it's still entirely within Skit B's power to take some rudimentary steps (basic communication) to ease people's fears and avoid a "run on the bank." The emails he's sent recently seem to have made many "investors" feel more comfortable, and hopefully more updates will be on the way for you all as they move forward (a snapshot of a line of cabinets with full Predator decals would do more than any words to quiet all of the "do they have the rights?" speculation).

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is it some kind of super duper top secret for your eyes only regarding the reason for removal of ALL Predator content from the internet?
Or could that possibly be shared with the Pinside community?
God forbid that all of this could actually be put to rest.

Its being worked on to have a link for predator owners to connect to and see content of predator from pics to video and whatnot.

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Its being worked on to have a link for Predator owners to connect to and see content of Predator from pics to video and whatnot.

So trying to interpret your answer to my question: well, you didn't actually answer it.

"It's being worked on...".

The question was why they removed ALL predator content from the internet?

Even if they do what you say that are planning on doing, it doesn't answer that question. I thought you said you got an explanation for that?

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So trying to interpret your answer to my question: well, you didn't actually answer it.
"It's being worked on...".

The question was why they removed ALL Predator content from the internet?
Even if they do what you say that are planning on doing, it doesn't answer that question. I thought you said you got an explanation for that?

My question is, why do you care so much?
Are you just being over zealous as a fellow human, not wanting to see us get hurt?
If so, thanks, but I'm good.
I knew the risks going in and I'm sending all the good vibes I can Kevin's way.
Cheers.

#1256 5 years ago

image-732.jpg

#1257 5 years ago

image-673.jpg

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

My question is, why do you care so much?
Are you just being over zealous as a fellow human, not wanting to see us get hurt?
If so, thanks, but I'm good.
I knew the risks going in and I'm sending all the good vibes I can Kevin's way.
Cheers.

Because it is amazing to me how so many people want to put their head in the sand about the fact that this simply isn't adding up.

KCPinballfan specifically said that he was given an answer from Skit-B as to why any and all references to Predator Pinball have been removed from their website, facebook, twitter, and youtube videos removed. But he has not shared what the answer to that question was.

Why?

I think that it is a perfectly valid question to ask. I hardly consider it "over zealous as a human".

It's beyond confusing to me that it won't be posted here, when all of this can be put to rest so easily by doing so.

The very fact that it's not is in itself quite disconcerting.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's beyond amazing to me that it won't be posted here, when all of this can be put to rest so easily by doing so.

+1 , most definitely.

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But he has not shared what the answer to that question was.

Why?

I presume, much like the removal, that it's due to legal reasons. And they can't make it public right now. I can think of another project here on Pinside that's had the same problem, and it's frustrating for the creators to not be able to say anything, but that's how it goes sometimes. I know why, but I wouldn't say anything publicly, not my place to possibly drag them into a shitstorm.

Presumably whatever the legal reasoning is right now it's got an exit tunnel up ahead, and then I imagine things will clear up.

#1261 5 years ago

But who will the white knights protect once that happens?

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because it is amazing to me how so many people want to put their head in the sand about the fact that this simply isn't adding up.
KCPinballfan specifically said that he was given an answer from Skit-B as to why any and all references to Predator Pinball have been removed from their website, facebook, twitter, and youtube videos removed. But he has not shared what the answer to that question was.
Why?
I think that it is a perfectly valid question to ask. I hardly consider it "over zealous as a human".
It's beyond confusing to me that it won't be posted here, when all of this can be put to rest so easily by doing so.

Sorry Im at work and maybe it isnt the exact answer you were looking for but I don't really need the full run down on exactly why the content was pulled if its answered that it will be added back to allow for owners to check out. Im not gonna pry as I assume its some stipulation with the license and not being able to market it. This is the quote from the email:

"As for the exclusiveness of the Predator Pinball, and the privacy and prestige of it's owners, Skit-B Pinball will have a link on the website for Predator owners to access, that will have official and authentic  pictures and information"

Now its not answering exactly why they were pulled but it doesnt really matter if they are gonna be replaced with new content of the machine. Fair enough? It may not be good enough for you but Im fine with this. I think most buyers will be fine with this too. I was already told they have the license for Predator, the refund policy is to refund any preorders that ask for it by emailing support. Im build #77 which is projected for January/February. There has to be a little leap of faith to believe what info they sent me is true. Im gonna sit back and see what happens at this point, Im a gambler by nature and Im fine taking a gamble with Predator.

#1263 5 years ago

I just don't understand, They have time to ( well umm ) reply to an email!
But do not have time to report back here on Pinside with just one message?
no sence at all - Sorry!

#1264 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing the cool videos. I see a very great pinball where you have to fight with. For me its a beautiful design with deep rules and based on this a great gameplay. Im happy to get it soon and showing one of my fingers to all fraidy-cats who jumped of just based on these shitty rumors. I still trust SkitB and bestead them with my investment. Jvspin nailed it, 100% agreement from my side. Those fail wishers would be the same loosers like we, like the whole community!

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Presumably whatever the legal reasoning is right now it's got an exit tunnel up ahead, and then I imagine things will clear up.

Wait, someone actually applying some logic here? Thanks Aurich! This is most reasonable. Thanks for posting a very plausible explanation.

Phil
Predator #229

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Thanks for sharing the cool videos. I see a very great pinball where you have to fight with. For me its a beautiful design with deep rules and based on this a great gameplay. Im happy to get it soon and showing one of my fingers to all fraidy-cats who jumped of just based on these shitty rumors. I still trust SkitB and bestead them with my investment. Jvspin nailed it, 100% agreement from my side. Those fail wishers would be the same loosers like we, like the whole community!

Gotta love google translate!

#1267 5 years ago

I can show you personally what I meant if you don't understand

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Im happy to get it soon and showing one of my fingers to all fraidy-cats who jumped of just based on these shitty rumors.

How bout this - instead of "showing one of my fingers" which is LOL here, use "flipping the bird" . That will get your point across. Note-you might upset a mod though =) .

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Hey I am one of those people and they did not abandon me. I got an email just yesterday. All licensing, refund, and online presence issues were cleared up as well. Just not to everyone's satisfaction. But most of us are satisfied with those things not being issues. That is hardly abandoning everyone.

Looks like you could ask kcpinball for more details, he seems to have gotten answers today as well.

Abandoned in the sense of the site. They have started many threads here seeking support, showing off what they did, and thus gaining their customer base. They did this on many other forums as well. A lot of people supporting what they did are non customers, in fact I would say most in the community have, and the 250 that are customers are a drop in the bucket compared to their total support, which as others have said could (would, and will) bleed into future products.

So at this stage them deciding to take a different route for communication is what is irritating many. But, if Stern's history is any indication for pinheads, all is forgotten the minute the next title is released

Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Actually they where not selling the game on pinside they where showing off their pet project because they where proud of what they did. Then fellow pinsider's pushed and demanded for it be brought into production. They looked into it, found out it was possible but with the condition from Fox that a total of 250 units where to be made only.

It was the pinsider's with the whole "take my money" gifs and we want it now comments that caused it to sell out completely. You all asked for it and Kevin made it happen. You all started this, you all knew the risks going in, including the ones only hoping to flip the game later on due to the limited release.

If you can't the handle the risk or are scared by some people making comments in here who are not invested in the game, skitB or have another agenda's against Skit B please Email SkitB, send them your questions and if your not happy then this game isn't for you and get your money back.

Thank you to the people looking out for us Predator buyers, but I am an adult I know the risk involved.

Oh come on. Without Pinside or the other sites they advertised on, how else would they get on as a company? They have started many threads, again, including this one, as you cannot say that was not because of advertising.

All this discussion is almost going a silly JJP vs stern sort of way. I don't think anyone here wants to see them fail, we all want to see it get done and everyone get their goods, and for them to continue. No one is against Skib-B, not unless something insane did happen and people lost money, but that clearly isn't what the masses think.

I firmly believe these guys were in this for the good, but when things start to shift in a negative direction as they have with the recent developments, all that good "press" they mustered and all the threads are most certainly going to reflect the *new* thoughts, and the more they go on, the more prevalent this will be there, multiplied by how many threads and avenues they took to advertise/"show off" in the past.

I really just feel they should have before and now been transparent with these issues for the community that has been there with them from the start, not just the 250. But, maybe they have their reasons, and we will just have to see. They have chosen how to convey, and it may hurt them after if they wish to develop more.

Each year there is more and more people coming to the table, seeing the money that is out there and the opportunity for business. You might say Skib-B is not in it for that, but while I would agree project one was as far to the least profit side of any new manufacturer, their goal could not have been to break even, and "for the good of the hobby alone", and there's nothing wrong with that, they need to profit. But they must have thought, "if this works out, we could...", and THAT is where this breakdown will come into play in the future.

In the end, they should take no offence by anyone's comments on the recent developments, they are all valid. Again, I would mention I firmly believe we are all on board with them in what has been presented in the past couple years, and want to see them be successful, right?

#1270 5 years ago

"As for the exclusiveness of the Predator Pinball, and the privacy and prestige of it's owners, Skit-B Pinball will have a link on the website for Predator owners to access, that will have official and authentic pictures and information"

Something just doesn't smell right with all this secrecy at this stage of the game. This is not about protecting patent-pending innovations during game development, this is a media black-out in the 11th hour as games are being produced.

#1271 5 years ago

This is the quote from the email:
"As for the exclusiveness of the Predator Pinball, and the privacy and prestige of it's owners, Skit-B Pinball will have a link on the website for Predator owners to access, that will have official and authentic  pictures and information"

I'm not sure how anyone can NOT simply read between the lines here....

That email, frankly, points even MORE to license issues.

Him ONLY sharing emails and/or PRIVATE web links to content simply says "We CANT let anyone in the public see this stuff, especially FOX"

Please dont tell us he's too busy for a photo of the game on FB or the web... thats take less time than drinking a cup of coffee.

Please dont tell us he doesnt need to advertise since its sold out- that would make him the dumbest marketer in the history of marketing.

I also find it impossible to imagine his license agreement would preclude him from showing the damn item he was licensed to make!! Thats just laugh-able....

BTW, in NO WAY am I inferring a scam.... he;s clearly refunding money, sometimes before its even ask for- so its not THAT issue.

Carry On....

#1272 5 years ago

Maybe he can't even talk about the licensing issue, under contract, until it resolved, and that's why he is now saying what he is, but only to the 250.

Whatever, all this is going no where anyway, other than rehashing the glaring licensing issue. I believe we all, 250 or other, want to see it happen, so let's just see what gets worked out and leave it there for now.

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not sure how anyone can NOT simply read between the lines here....
That email, frankly, points even MORE to license issues.
Him ONLY sharing emails and/or PRIVATE web links to content simply says "We CANT let anyone in the public see this stuff, especially FOX"
Please dont tell us he's too busy for a photo of the game on FB or the web... thats take less time than drinking a cup of coffee.
Please dont tell us he doesnt need to advertise since its sold out- that would make him the dumbest marketer in the history of marketing.
I also find it impossible to imagine his license agreement would preclude him from showing the damn item he was licensed to make!! Thats just laugh-able....
BTW, in NO WAY am I inferring a scam.... he;s clearly refunding money, sometimes before its even ask for- so its not THAT issue.
Carry On....

Im not reading between the lines because only Skit-B knows the agreement in the license. No amount of prying or speculation is gonna spill the beans on this so its good enough for me. Good day with your torches and pitchforks, I hope you find the answers you're looking for

#1274 5 years ago

Enough about the licensing already
Seriously, get over it.

#1275 5 years ago

If they were limited to 250 games, and they've sold all 250, it's within reason that Fox would ask them to pull the Pred content. Unusual, but within reason. As a non-buyer, I understand Skit-B doesn't owe me diddly-squat, let alone an explanation, and that's fine. The buyers who have received communication seem satisfied and that is what matters. However, Skit-B really should post *something* here soon. A disappearing act at this stage will NOT help sales of their Experts of Dangerous game. The excuse that there is no time is NOT within reason - it takes all of 5 minutes to login and throw up a quick post.

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

But who will the white knights protect once that happens?

Best post of the Thread!

#1277 5 years ago

Good day with your torches and pitchforks

I just don't understand all the animosity. This isn't a war between Predator owners and non-owners. But for some reason a lot of Predator owners seem to be taking it that way. We are all on the same side.

Most Predator owners seem to not want the questions asked. They want people to stop asking, even though there are a ton of questions that remain unanswered.

#1278 5 years ago

Most of the owners just believe Kevin and/or gave him a call. He said everything's fine and that's enough for most. It's only the silly drama that keeps this thread going.

#1279 5 years ago

Why even respond if you are happy and don't care about any answers. Like Rommy says, wake me up when my pin is ready to ship.

The "answers" today may cause a run on the bank? Or just a terrible business guy and communicator? I'm not going with the communicator theory because when he wants to, he's good at it.

Maybe just a terrible business guy. Losing money on this pin or doing it for free. I'd hate to imagine what he's making on a per hr basis. I've always respected Kevin for the labor of love!

Anyhow, great theme and hopefully will be a great pin

Pinball consumers are on the same side

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Most of the owners just believe Kevin and/or gave him a call. He said everything's fine and that's enough for most. It's only the silly drama that keeps this thread going.

I thought you were out of pins Ted? Are u coming back with Pred?

I don't believe though "most" are fine with it. Not the owners I've talked to, but clearly some are happy

#1281 5 years ago

All the ones that have contacted Kevin seem to be satisfied to me. I've heard from a bunch.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No Ted.

It isn't "the silly drama" that keeps it going. It's the fact that there remain a lot of unanswered questions that keep it going.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

All the ones that have contacted Kevin seem to be satisfied to me.

If you care so much, why don't you contact Kevin yourself and get the answers you seem to need.

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just don't understand all the animosity. This isn't a war between Predator owners and non-owners. But for some reason a lot of Predator owners seem to be taking it that way. We are all on the same side.
Most Predator owners seem to not want the questions asked. They want people to stop asking, even though there are a ton of questions that remain unanswered.

I was joking, that's why I had the smiley at the end

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think the reason is because those that are in on this really don't want the project going 'South' and loosing their money, due to the constant chatter about this project.
We all know the info everywhere about this product has been sanitized, Kevin has said all is OK and that machines are being built.
So I for one (being in on this) really don't want endless chatter, as if something is 'a-foot' from a licencing point of view, I really don't want to loose my machine or money due to non-buyers going on endlessly about it and word getting around that may impact things.

#1286 5 years ago

^^^What he said x1000^^^

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I think the reason is because those that are in on this really don't want the project going 'South' and loosing their money, due to the constant chatter about this project.
We all know the info everywhere about this product has been sanitized, Kevin has said all is OK and that machines are being built.
So I for one (being in on this) really don't want endless chatter, as if something is 'a-foot' from a licencing point of view, I really don't want to loose my machine or money due to non-buyers going on endlessly about it and word getting around that may impact things.

Well if that's what owners are thinking, at least that makes sense and I can appreciate that.

But if there is an issue, selling these under the table is still going to result in a disaster in the end.

Good luck to you guys. I really hope everything is fine and it all works out!

#1288 5 years ago

Let's not have this thread get hijacked by topics beyond the reason for its creation, as a Predator Players Guide.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Let's not have this thread get hijacked by topics beyond the reason for its creation, as a Predator Players Guide.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That's right... let's keep it on topic and keep this about the players guide video in the original post.

Question #1: Where is it?

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

That's right... let's keep it on topic and keep this about the players guide video in the original post.

image-293.jpg

#1291 5 years ago

Lol touché!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1292 5 years ago

Bwahahahahaha!

Best post of the thread! Kudos!

#1293 5 years ago

I think my favorite mode is currently unloaded. I also am looking forward to getting better at the hunt modes once I have my game.

#1294 5 years ago

The latest vids you can see on post#1233
Who cares about old vids done nearly 12 month back?
So watch them, enjoy and jump to the waitlist
But please stop asking the same questions again and again in each Predator thread.
Rumors / Assumptions made on non facts can make people feeling uncomfortable, maybe cancel their orders, it's than getting a kind of snowball effect .... And that would be the worst scenario I can imagine. But I have the bad taste that some non Predator buyers just looking for such a scenario ( just my personal feeling)
Kevin is going to set up a privat Predator owner chat on his HP, for whatever reason he is obviousely not longer willing to post Predator news on pinside.

#1295 5 years ago

So it's not that they lost the license, its that they are being taken through the ringer by fox and are in the process of renegotiating the current one to continue use of it... Sounds plausible

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

For whatever reason he is obviousely not longer willing to post Predator news on pinside.

Good luck selling a 2nd pin, or any other pin ever again then.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

All the ones that have contacted Kevin seem to be satisfied to me. I've heard from a bunch.

I very seldom post here as I simply don't have the time. I find it odd that those who aren't invested in Predator can post the same negative thoughts over and over again. Yes, we get your concerns. I just can't imagine going through life with all the negative energy that I see continully posted here on pinside. Let alone the volume of posting. Seriously, where do people find the time?

Kevin obviously doesn't need pinside to sell Predator. It's sold out with a waiting list to get in on this great game. Because of all the negative posts from some very vocal pinsiders, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of a post with a Predator update for all. In my opinion, information will now be givin to a very exclusive club of 250 buyers. I'm sure Kevin is very busy building our games. He will have the satisfaction of coming through with a killer game when others said it wouldn't happen.

I've been through the preorder drama with BBB, WOZLE and now Predator, TBL and Alien. I've put my faith in all these great new start ups and everyone has met or exceeded my expectations. Kevin will do the same. I'll continue to support these start up companies simply because I love the game of pinball. Unlike those with a hidden agenda who will try to do everything on pinside to derail them.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Kevin obviously doesn't need pinside to sell Predator.

Anymore.

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Kevin obviously doesn't need pinside to sell Predator. It's sold out with a waiting list to get in on this great game. Because of all the negative posts from some very vocal pinsiders, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of a post with a Predator update for all. In my opinion, information will now be givin to a very exclusive club of 250 buyers.

That's a pathetic attitude imo. And not true of course. He sold all 250, including me originally, on Pinside. "Very exclusive club", ok

People will never get it will they, we are on the same side and nobody with any "hidden agenda" can derail anything. Only Kevin can derail it. It's his pin, his ability to get it done or not. The truth lies with what jrawlinson said and then Jared, "good luck on selling a 2nd pin, or any other pin again", especially if you are right and that truly is his attitude.

#1300 5 years ago

Hmmm...did the negative reception of Experts of Dangerous has something to do with it? OK but if I had a new pin company without a whole lot of cash cushion I'd want to hear the rabid pinball fans opinions about my idea before I bet my company's fortune on it. In any case the videos show a very cool game and theme for less than $5k...at 250 builds it's a no brainer. GL

PS: now I wish I hadn't dropped out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 275.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Williamson Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.95
$ 12.00
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 329.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1373 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside